Scoop: Greek's Scott Michael Foster Heads Up The River For ABC

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

ABC Family vet Scott Michael Foster (Greek, Melissa & Joey) is formalizing his relationship with the Alphabet empire via a holding deal with ABC. First up: A major recurring gig on the network’s midseason thriller The River.

Foster will play Jed Boggs, a free-spirited, adventure-seeking cameraman who is willing to risk anything to get the perfect shot. The role carries a series regular option.

The Steven Spielberg-produced River centers on a group of people who travel deep in the Amazon in search of a famed adventurer who has gone missing. The cast includes Bruce Greenwood, Leslie Hope and Paul Blackthorne.

Foster’s recent credits also include a multi-episode arc as Amber’s (Mae Whitman) pot buddy on NBC’s Parenthood.

Comments (13)

• I hope this means that he’ll finally get a hair cut.

Comment by Lydia – August 31, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought, exactly!

Comment by Summer – August 31, 2011 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! I thought I was the only one who was thinking this! I completely agree. It’s out of control! :)

Comment by jbird – September 1, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s nothing wrong with his hair. I actually like it. It gives him the option to do different styles.

Comment by Roy – September 1, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CAPTAIN JOHN PAUL JONES!!!!!

Comment by João Amaral – August 31, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might actually have to watch The River if it’s going to have Scott Michael Foster AND Paul Blackthorne.

P.S. I agree about the haircut. At the very least, put it in a nice updo…HAH!

Comment by zaza – August 31, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My original thought was “boy is that an ugly girl”… and I adored him on Greek and Parenthood; however, it’s perfect hair for The River, maybe a little pony tail action…

Comment by Poppy – August 31, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He doesn’t need a hair cut. Do you follow him around the internet making the same stupid comment?

Comment by No – August 31, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cappy!
    I miss Greek :(

Comment by Bree – August 31, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is with that ridiculous Bieber haircut? He looks like a jackass.

Comment by Miffy – August 31, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I guess there is another show for me to watch! GREEK RULES! :) But What about the Children? :)

Comment by mandy – August 31, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want him back on Melissa & Joey! He made such a cute couple with Melissa and I really liked that storyline

Comment by Eli – September 1, 2011 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post