Exclusive

Exclusive: Being Human Brings Back [Spoiler]!

When it comes to Being Human, being most sincerely dead apparently isn’t enough to keep someone from taking part in Season 2 of the Syfy series.

Dollhouse Alum Vamps for Being Human Season 2

Sources tell TVLine that Mark Pellegrino, who played big baddie Bishop throughout the first cycle — until the character was decapitated with prejudice by Aidan, then crumbed to dust — will reprise his role for at least one Season 2 episode, if not more.

This confirms that which exec producer Anna Fricke hinted at this summer at the San Diego Comic-Con, telling fans, “I think it’s safe to say we have not seen the last of Bishop in whatever form” –- thus allowing the possibility that he might not appear in the flesh per se but in flashbacks, for example.

Syfy Sets Sanctuary Return Date, Finales for Eureka, Alphas, Haven and W13

A spokesperson for the Syfy series would neither confirm nor deny Pellegrino’s encore, but instead advised fans to “tune in to see what develops when the show returns” in January 2012.

Syfy Cancels Eureka, Scraps Plans for a Season 6

Pellegrino, whose genre-TV resume includes stints on Supernatural and Lost, next can be seen on TNT’s The Closer, where he’s in the midst of a recurring role as a high-powered attorney defending Brenda in a wrongful death suit.

1. George says:

cool his character was good in this show

2. bluebonnetbelle says:

I know this might upset some but I got into SyFy’s version more than the orignal and I am getting restless waiting for new episodes!
    I think we well be seeing much more of Bishop because there is still so many stories that can be told… I guess that’s one of the perks of having characters several hundred years old.

• Evan says:

I thought the SyFy version was cool because the BBC series forged ahead and took bold risks, not all of which paid off, and the SyFy version retreads some of the same ground but also avoids some of the missteps that the original made, as well as throwing some curveballs specifically designed to throw fans of the BBC version off balance. It was still a remake, yes, but a remake done in just about the best way you can hope for. I’ll definitely be tuning back in for season 2.

• Amber says:

I agree. Of course I did see the SyFy version first. But since I’m a pretty avid anglophile, I DVRed the BBC version. I was really disappointed when I didn’t like it as much. I especially thought the thing with the kid was way worse on the Brit version. I think that creeped me out too much.

3. Jill says:

thank goodness! Mark Pellegrino was an incredible part of the show…

Ghost vampire??

4. Scott says:

Let me guess… He’s gone from a Vampire and now is driving a Mustang and is the Headless Horse Power Man.

5. ggny says:

should bring him back to life for good because they messed up killing him off in the 1st season…the guy could have been a amazing character for many many season

6. Jerry says:

I doubt he will be back in the present, but since the show uses flashbacks to give more information on Sam Witwer’s character Aidan it’s probable Bishop will show up in those

7. Brooke says:

Oh drat, before I saw the US cast photo, my heart fluttered and I thought it was referring to the UK version’s major death at the end of season three. I don’t want to watch season 4 without that character!

8. Phoebi says:

I’m glad TVLine decided to cover news about this under-appreciated show! Excited Pellegrino is back for the next season, too. Can’t wait!

9. juli says:

Can the show veer away from Sally/Aidan? The US version needs fresher storylines. Take the core basis of the UK version; but, make the US version their own

10. Geff says:

2012 seems a little too faraway now, but it will be good to see him back in any form.

11. DL says:

I love Mark Pellegrino. I’m just waiting for him to nab a full-time series role.

• tvfan says:

You should catch him on The Closer. He wears glasses and he is so different from his bad quy or scary guy roles. I did not recognize him at all. I noticed his name in the opening credits and had to rewatch to episode to find him.

12. torontogirl98 says:

I am a purist and fell in love with the original and this remake pails for me, but Marks hair is just ridiculous on the show (and I love Mark as an actor) how can anyone stand it!?

13. rose says:

The equivalent character in the UK version, Herrick, came back too. Or I should say was brought back kind of like Buffy was in BtVS. Wonder if the US version is doing something similar?

14. Sarah says:

I was going say…Herrick much?

15. Amanpreet says:

Want to be the member of being human foundation

16. Aman says:

To become a member of being human

17. CatInthehat says:

They need to bring Mark back full time. Vampire/ghoul or ghost or whatever. His character is a necessary balance for the show and Mark is perfect for it.

18. T says:

I love the BBC version too much and could never really get into the US one. However, MP is the only reason I stuck around as long as I did (although it’s a mystery to me how they managed to make him so unattractive in this role).

19. being human is incredible, so gladi can watch it online