Exclusive: Being Human Brings Back [Spoiler]!

When it comes to Being Human, being most sincerely dead apparently isn’t enough to keep someone from taking part in Season 2 of the Syfy series.

Dollhouse Alum Vamps for Being Human Season 2

Sources tell TVLine that Mark Pellegrino, who played big baddie Bishop throughout the first cycle — until the character was decapitated with prejudice by Aidan, then crumbed to dust — will reprise his role for at least one Season 2 episode, if not more.

This confirms that which exec producer Anna Fricke hinted at this summer at the San Diego Comic-Con, telling fans, “I think it’s safe to say we have not seen the last of Bishop in whatever form” –- thus allowing the possibility that he might not appear in the flesh per se but in flashbacks, for example.

Syfy Sets Sanctuary Return Date, Finales for Eureka, Alphas, Haven and W13

A spokesperson for the Syfy series would neither confirm nor deny Pellegrino’s encore, but instead advised fans to “tune in to see what develops when the show returns” in January 2012.

Syfy Cancels Eureka, Scraps Plans for a Season 6

Pellegrino, whose genre-TV resume includes stints on Supernatural and Lost, next can be seen on TNT’s The Closer, where he’s in the midst of a recurring role as a high-powered attorney defending Brenda in a wrongful death suit.

Comments (29)

• cool his character was good in this show

Comment by George – August 26, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ehh, I was confused a bit with his storyline, not too interested. Was glad they killed him off.

Comment by lorna – August 28, 2011 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this might upset some but I got into SyFy’s version more than the orignal and I am getting restless waiting for new episodes!
    I think we well be seeing much more of Bishop because there is still so many stories that can be told… I guess that’s one of the perks of having characters several hundred years old.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – August 26, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the SyFy version was cool because the BBC series forged ahead and took bold risks, not all of which paid off, and the SyFy version retreads some of the same ground but also avoids some of the missteps that the original made, as well as throwing some curveballs specifically designed to throw fans of the BBC version off balance. It was still a remake, yes, but a remake done in just about the best way you can hope for. I’ll definitely be tuning back in for season 2.

Comment by Evan – August 26, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Of course I did see the SyFy version first. But since I’m a pretty avid anglophile, I DVRed the BBC version. I was really disappointed when I didn’t like it as much. I especially thought the thing with the kid was way worse on the Brit version. I think that creeped me out too much.

Comment by Amber – August 27, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank goodness! Mark Pellegrino was an incredible part of the show…

Ghost vampire??

Comment by Jill – August 26, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let me guess… He’s gone from a Vampire and now is driving a Mustang and is the Headless Horse Power Man.

Comment by Scott – August 26, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • of course NOW it shows up – after I reposted. ☺☻☺☻☺☻

Comment by Scott – August 26, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • should bring him back to life for good because they messed up killing him off in the 1st season…the guy could have been a amazing character for many many season

Comment by ggny – August 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I doubt he will be back in the present, but since the show uses flashbacks to give more information on Sam Witwer’s character Aidan it’s probable Bishop will show up in those

Comment by Jerry – August 26, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh drat, before I saw the US cast photo, my heart fluttered and I thought it was referring to the UK version’s major death at the end of season three. I don’t want to watch season 4 without that character!

Comment by Brooke – August 26, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing.

Comment by Joanna – August 26, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! I will still check out season 4 as the remaining characters are endearing (Annie has her days) but it won’t be the same!

Comment by Pam – August 26, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Movie stars make more money than BBC stars I’m afraid.

Comment by topoopon – August 26, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad TVLine decided to cover news about this under-appreciated show! Excited Pellegrino is back for the next season, too. Can’t wait!

Comment by Phoebi – August 26, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can the show veer away from Sally/Aidan? The US version needs fresher storylines. Take the core basis of the UK version; but, make the US version their own

Comment by juli – August 26, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2012 seems a little too faraway now, but it will be good to see him back in any form.

Comment by Geff – August 26, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mark Pellegrino. I’m just waiting for him to nab a full-time series role.

Comment by DL – August 26, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should catch him on The Closer. He wears glasses and he is so different from his bad quy or scary guy roles. I did not recognize him at all. I noticed his name in the opening credits and had to rewatch to episode to find him.

Comment by tvfan – August 26, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a purist and fell in love with the original and this remake pails for me, but Marks hair is just ridiculous on the show (and I love Mark as an actor) how can anyone stand it!?

Comment by torontogirl98 – August 26, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The equivalent character in the UK version, Herrick, came back too. Or I should say was brought back kind of like Buffy was in BtVS. Wonder if the US version is doing something similar?

Comment by rose – August 26, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing. It certainly seems like it will be.

Comment by Julia – August 26, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going say…Herrick much?

Comment by Sarah – August 26, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Want to be the member of being human foundation

Comment by Amanpreet – August 28, 2011 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To become a member of being human

Comment by Aman – August 28, 2011 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to bring Mark back full time. Vampire/ghoul or ghost or whatever. His character is a necessary balance for the show and Mark is perfect for it.

Comment by CatInthehat – August 28, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disagree. Didn’t do anything for me. I love Aidan and I love Sam’s character being a weirdo.

Comment by lorna – August 28, 2011 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the BBC version too much and could never really get into the US one. However, MP is the only reason I stuck around as long as I did (although it’s a mystery to me how they managed to make him so unattractive in this role).

Comment by T – August 29, 2011 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • being human is incredible, so gladi can watch it online

Comment by watch being human online – August 29, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post