Exclusive

Charlie's Angels Exclusive: Isaiah Mustafa Spices Things Up as Angel's Lawman Ex

Isaiah Mustafa may very well at times be on a boat — say, a Miami-Dade PD cruiser? — now that he has landed a recurring role on ABC’s Charlie’s Angels.

Fall TV Preview: TVLine’s Guide to All of the New Shows!

TVLine has learned exclusively that Mustafa, whose TV credits include, yes, the Old Spice commercials but also a couple of episodes of Chuck, has been cast as Det. Ray Goodson, a hunky lawman whom dirtyish cop-turned-Angel Kate (played by General Hospital‘s Annie Ilonzeh) used to date. Well, to be more specific, they were once engaged.

These days, their paths continue to cross when cases to crack occasionally land the exes on ever-so-slightly different sides of the crime-solving fence, Angels executive producer Al Gough told me.

Exclusive: Smallville‘s Erica Durance Strikes a Spark With One of Charlie’s Angels

ABC’s Charlie’s Angels premieres Thursday, Sept. 22, at 8/7c. Mustafa makes his debut on or around the series’ fourth episode.

1. PJL says:

Wasn’t going to watch this reboot but might check it out for Mustafa. Girls need their eye candy too.

2. MamaLarson3 says:

Don’t really plan on watching this show, either….BUT I am really glad for him. Anybody who entertains my kids and myself as much as he has on those commercials deserves a role on something.

3. Captain says:

I watch until it’s cancelled for the lovely Minka Kelly. Annie is a terrible actress, anyone who’s seen her wooden performances on GH can attest to that.

• Nichole says:

I agree that she was terrible on GH, but many actors can’t keep up with the pace of a soap. If they have two takes to shoot a scene, it’s their lucky day. Hopefully with extra takes to get it right, she’ll be able to pull of a performance worth watching. I’ll wait to see at least one episode before forming a final opinion on her acting abilities.

4. kevin says:

C’mon ANGELS haters, there’s plenty more to watch this HOT reboot when news broke that Erica Durance will guest star in an upcoming episode sometime around mid to late October but the Old Spice guy seems alright with me.

5. tvcritic says:

I’m not really interested in another reboot and I’m sure this one will be cancelled sooner or later. But these two would make a gorgeous pair. Ilonzeh definitely needs to work her craft, she was inconsistent at best on GH. At times she seemed like she was loosening up and becoming more natural and at other times, she made me cringe. Maybe soap acting just wasn’t for her. We will find it when Charlie’s Angels premieres.

6. Gray says:

Not really planning on watching this chick drama.

7. melanie says:

out of curiosity

8. Glo4u says:

I think most of the comments concerning Annie had to do with who they paired her with on GH, not that her acting was bad. I watched her on GH and she was never a front burner so how can you have such a deep opinion. It was hate at first sight because she was paired with someone they felt should be with someone else. Just as the character Shawn will become intimate with Carly lets see where the criticism starts, since women are the ones who watch the show mostly there just might be more love for him.

9. aamir ahmed. says:

charlies angels , an old tv series then the movie and now again will hit the screen to conquer the hearts of millions or should i correct by saying billions.
    beautiful .

10. Loves It!!!! Charlie’s Angels was my absolute favorite televison show when I was a little girl. Both of the movies were blockbusters. It’s now returning to the small screen to entertain another generation of tweens ( and of course thier mothers).
    Charlie’s Angels is a classic and timeless, like a fine houndstooth suit. It will never be out of style.
    As long as the writers are good it will be fun to see the new take on one of the most popular T.V. series of all time:)