True Blood Season Finale Spoiler Alert: Bon Temps Braces For 'New Crisis'

Get More: Finales, Spoilers

It’s hard to believe, but True Blood is about to stick a fork in its fourth season. Only three episodes remain, and HBO has just released the official loglines for the final two — and they’re saturated with spoilers.

Herewith are said descriptions. Read at your own peril!

SUNDAY, SEPT. 4 “Soul of Fire”
As the Wiccan-vampire standoff reaches a critical juncture, Sookie (Anna Paquin) summons her faerie powers to prevent Marnie (Fiona Shaw) from bewitching Bill (Stephen Moyer), Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) into a suicide march, while Jesus (Kevin Alejandro) casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Marnie/Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses.  Sam (Sam Trammell) settles a score with Marcus (Dan Buran); Alcide (Joe Manganiello) confronts Debbie (Brit Morgan) about her allegiances; Andy (Chris Bauer) finds unexpected passion in the forest; Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) is consumed by the past.

SUNDAY, SEPT. 11 “And When I Die” (Season Finale)
It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation.  Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry (Todd Lowe) receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna (Janina Gavankar) envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan (Jessica Tuck) wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric.  Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara (Rutina Wesley) with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face.

Familiar face?! Who do you think it is? Post your theories below!

Tags: ,

Comments (112)

• would love to have Rene return….and some of you are saying it’s too soon for Russell but remember Sookie was with the Faries (missing) for a whole year so tech. it’s not too soon….bring on Rene!!!

Comment by Lori – August 24, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Russel Edgington please!

Comment by Jennnn – August 24, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After all that stuff about Rene’s baby, it could be Rene. It seems evil never really dies.

Comment by Joyce Dauby-Feezel – August 24, 2011 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These Spoilers have been our for MONTHS. I’ve been reading this exact thign off True Blood Wiki for months.

Comment by Tom – August 25, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping for Rene, but it’s probably Russell Edgington.

Comment by Rlynh – August 25, 2011 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You two really pay attention!!

Comment by Liz – August 25, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing this show definitely does not need is yet another new character so I have no interest in Scott Foley or whatever his role will be. Before it’s over AB will have cast every actor in Hollywood on TB at one time or another. I absolutely love Eric and Pam and for the past two season have only watched to see them, but i think i will just watch my DVD’s to get my Eric fix and cancel HBO.

Comment by Missouri58 – August 25, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Eggs!!

Comment by Joanne – August 27, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eric is so hot! I just want more of him! I hope that Hoyt doesn’t die. How about Alan Ball makes more episodes? Then he can fit in all the storylines and would not have to rush through them. 12 episodes per season is just not enough! We have to wait all year until next season! It’s a torture! True Blood is the only show I watch.

Comment by Kristin – September 1, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tbink it will either be Godric or Russell

Comment by Mfrankie1994 – September 2, 2011 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think russell is the familiar face because they didn?t bury him and I’m sure he wants revenge. I think lafayette gets possessed and maybe alcide tells sookie he has fellings for her?? I hope sookie chooses eric for now because her and bill need a break.

Comment by Sierra – September 3, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who’s to say that Queen Sophie-Anne isn’t alive? Her death scene was a “memory” of Bill’s…maybe there is an ulterior “ulterior” motive to Bill becoming King. I think she has some tricks left up her sleeve, and Bill is helping her out. Or maybe I am holding onto the books too much…hmmmm…guess September 11 will tell all.

Comment by Mike – September 4, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the above description is any clue “spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation” then perhaps Sookie’s Grandmother comes back and helps her, possibly her Grandfather also, it does say allies, plural.

Comment by Brenda – September 4, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m betting the familiar face will be Russell Edgington, but what really has my head spinning is the slip that Alcide is going to make an appeal to the woman he loves. Those of us who watched this past episode knows that there is little chance that woman will be Debbit Pelt…my stomach is doing flip-flops at the idea that he might confess his true feelings to Sookie. ::squeee:::

Comment by Sandy – September 5, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gonna be Gran.

Comment by Jen. now in Arizona – September 6, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree there’s no way they kill off Eric AND Bill. BUT: what if Sookie can come to the rescue but only save one of them…who would it be??

Comment by Erika – September 9, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s adele stackhouse she’s listed on imdb…russell isn’t listed for that episode

Comment by Danielle – September 9, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post