True Blood Season Finale Spoiler Alert: Bon Temps Braces For 'New Crisis'

It’s hard to believe, but True Blood is about to stick a fork in its fourth season. Only three episodes remain, and HBO has just released the official loglines for the final two — and they’re saturated with spoilers.

Herewith are said descriptions. Read at your own peril!

SUNDAY, SEPT. 4 “Soul of Fire”
As the Wiccan-vampire standoff reaches a critical juncture, Sookie (Anna Paquin) summons her faerie powers to prevent Marnie (Fiona Shaw) from bewitching Bill (Stephen Moyer), Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) into a suicide march, while Jesus (Kevin Alejandro) casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Marnie/Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses.  Sam (Sam Trammell) settles a score with Marcus (Dan Buran); Alcide (Joe Manganiello) confronts Debbie (Brit Morgan) about her allegiances; Andy (Chris Bauer) finds unexpected passion in the forest; Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) is consumed by the past.

SUNDAY, SEPT. 11 “And When I Die” (Season Finale)
It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation.  Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry (Todd Lowe) receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna (Janina Gavankar) envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan (Jessica Tuck) wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric.  Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara (Rutina Wesley) with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face.

Familiar face?! Who do you think it is? Post your theories below!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Finales, Spoilers

1. Ashley says:

I hope the familiar face is Russell!

• Paul says:

AMEN to that!!

• AL says:

Bring back Russell!

• Guess says:

It’s got to be King Russell, now that Bill is King as well it’s going to be murder to pay!

• DL says:

I’ve heard Denis O’Hare is pretty much confirmed for Season 5, and there was a rumor on Perez Hilton that he’d pop up in Season 4’s finale. I think Russell is a darn good bet.

• nia says:

It’s Russell. They didn’t kill him, they just buried him.

• Jesse says:

No!!! It hasn’t been long enough!
      At least 3 seasons before he comes back because then it’ll be an even better surprise!

• Talei says:

Here’s hoping it’s Yvetta!

• Franklin Mott's Sweetie. says:

Russell gets his Freak on!

• tasha says:

well, i have a theory but im pretty good about these things. first dont worry eric and bill are somehow going to be saved and not burned at the stack.( two main characters wouldnt get killed like that. i think jesus is going to die to save lafayette, sookie kills alcides girl friend.alcide confesses his love( to sookie) but is rejected, he may or may not jump in the way of a bullet that is meant for sookie by his girlfriend( now former). if he is rejected he will leave and probably wont see him til middle of next season. arlenes baby is evil dont really know were theyll take that but,terry might bare the brunt of it. taras girlfriend might comeback to surprise her and get killed or hurt(maybe). someone might kill nan.and eric mite take over her spot.(theory) arlene might see renee in the finale because the vail between the living and dead is the most thinnest on halloween(as the preview says). he might be in the baby for all we know. but what do i know lafayette could be killed jesus could live. sookies not going to die . but dont count out the fairies,we havent seen them in a while. she also has a strong committment to the men she loves. she’ll do anything to save them so maybe that includes going back to fairy land. if not russell will show up at the end and rip out erics throat. just when they think its all over.

2. Michelle says:

You are really late on this info. This was posted on Truebloodnews. com website several weeks ago.

3. Moht says:

Soap opera much?

4. Eva LePelley says:

i have a feeling that one Mr Russell Edgington is coming back babies!! im so ready for that..bring it on Mr Ball!!

5. Jeff says:

A familiar face? Perhaps Russell is coming back? Or maybe there’s more to the Rene ghost story than we know?

Either way, can’t wait. The newest episode was one of the best in the series and this is easily my favorite season so far.

6. Devon says:

Yeah, this info was released weeks ago.

7. Lindsay says:

RUSSEL!!! that makes me very happy

8. Liz says:

I do hope its Russell is back. He was the only good part of last season. Ooh and we know that Scott Foley is Terry’s visiter but I’m still wondering what secret he has

9. Laurel says:

I did read that Russell would be coming back. Yay !
    Having Rene’s ghost really come back would be fun.

10. stacy says:

Denis O’Hare has been cast in American Horror Story. But maybe he can do both.

11. stacy says:

I am going to go out on a limb and say Steve Newlin.

12. Jenny says:

STEVE NEWLIN! :)

13. toni says:

These are the same synopses posted long ago on IMDB. We need NEW info.

14. Nik says:

Am i the only one hoping on marianne?

15. Sivat says:

Steve Newlin being missing has subtly been mentioned throughout this season, and while I think Russell will be returning, I hope Steve returns as well. I’d love him to return as a closeted vampire.

16. Sarah says:

I could honestly see it being Rene. They mention Bon Temps specifically.. more people in Bon Temps would consider Rene a big deal than Russell.

But, that being said – it’s probably Russell or Steve.

17. Jared says:

I’m with Sarah. I too was thinking Rene!

18. Griff says:

I hope they pick up from the book and go with the Fae war. This would give Ryan Kwanten the opportunity to play a dual role.. “Familiar face”

19. J says:

RUSSELL!!!!!!!!

20. Ryan says:

I’m sure it’s Russell, which will rock, but I would lose my marbles if my girl Maryann showed up.

21. Kate says:

No body else onto the fact the said Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the WOMAN he LOVES! Not saying any names in specific! So hoping its Sookie!!!

• Guess says:

Because “the woman he loves” it’s Debbie Pelt and it has always been that way for Alcide.

• melo says:

yummm……sookie, alcide, eric and bill in another sookie dream in that hot lil number would be a killer finale add-in

• Jessesgirl says:

This show has become so predictable. We all know it will be Sookie, but that will be so ridiculous since he has been Debbie’s doormat up to now.

22. stephanie says:

I am pretty sure steve newlin comes back to bon temps… remember the publicity in the beginning of the season “have you seen rev. Steve Newlin? “…. i would bet on that! !!

23. Ruandvin says:

It’s probably Russell, but I’m really, really hoping for Rene…he was awesome (for a serial killer…lol). If it’s Maryann I think I will vomit. I sincerely don’t think I could stand another season of her…

24. jess says:

duh. It is going to be the chick from season 2. The one who was a goddess of whatever and had everyone having orgies. They have made a point of showing us everyone had spirits and stuff and they can take over bodies and come back. It is so her. The finale clip will probably be her with her long dark hair naked or something saying hello sookie hello tara..roll credits….im right.

25. vibes says:

Hope Sookie fights with Debbie and then Tara comes in and kills her.

26. Chris says:

I hope and pray that it is Sophie-Ann!!!!!!!

27. NonWatcher says:

Sophie-Anne

28. ATLgroove says:

It seems as if all signs point to Russell, but I’d be the happiest person on the planet if it was super hottie Godric – and not in the hallucination kind of way either.

• shari says:

I agree, I wish it was Godric!! But it won’t be.

• Jayne says:

Me, too Shari – would love to see Godric come back. His part was not big enough, and he is a big influence on Eric.

• TrueFan says:

I know in my heart that Godric has “met the sun” and The True Death but, dammit, I love the character; so naturally it’s gotta be Denis O’Hare’s (King – still?) Russell Edgington. The less of Steve Newlin, the better…but he does make for good vamp v. T-bagger metaphors.

29. Bontempsbaby says:

I’m betting it’s Claudine. The fairy Eric drained was actually Claudette. Just my theory…

30. tvaddict says:

I’m so glad that this season is almost over. Sorry Alan Ball, but I think you killed my favorite storyline of Eric losing his memory. I’m sick of the Sookie-Bill-Eric triangle. I think I’d like to see more Jason/Jessica. Good setup for Werewolf war next season, I think?! But then again, I was disappointed a little by the Witch war this season, so we shall see.

31. TVDIVA says:

The King of Mississippi is back! I only wish Talbot was back too. They were a fun couple to watch.

32. Steph says:

Not sophie-Ann; she very clearly met the true death. Not Maryanne either, you saw the end of her good and proper. Godric? We ‘ll only see him as a flashback or a ghost, again, had the true death. My bet is Russell or possibly hadley – there is a lot more to her story. Loving this season!

33. Pame says:

Debbie is going to die!

34. Babyvamp says:

I think its steve newlin

35. Steve L says:

Franklin please…

36. Martha says:

Alan Ball has stated that fairies often have multiple births – I think the “familiar” face is going to be Claudine’s twin.

37. Maze says:

The familiar face might be Sophie Anne. I know they killed her in season 3 but in the books she has a much larger part. So maybe she’s not quite as dead as we think she is.

38. Alyson says:

Too be honest I would really like for season 4 to have both of them back. I love it when there is Chaos EVERYWHERE!!!!

39. Jessica says:

I think it will be Adele. I was just on the True Blood IMDB site and she is listed for the last episode. Perhaps she could just be a flashback but I did not see anything for Steve, Russell, or Maryann.

40. nadim says:

OMG is that familiar face Russel Edgington? What if it’s both Russel and Steve Newlin? It would be epic.

41. Sabrina says:

Please let it be Russell!!!

42. cassie says:

its definitely going to be steve newlin. if youve been paying attention to things in the background, hes been missing. hbo even has a website about it. ive been wondering when they were going to mention it.

43. Mickey says:

I’d like to see Eggs’s ghost enter Lafayette!

44. Oscar Calderon says:

How about the menade?
    Maryann was so cool and in the books she didn’t die ._.
    it’s too soon for Russell i think.

45. Laura says:

My roommate and I have suspicion that Rene’s ghost will come back, and Lafayette’s being a medium makes that increasingly likely, and becoming a serial killer would certainly hurt anyone’s relationship. The most recent episode made it a little less likely, since we found out what was really going on with Mikey, but it’s not impossible.

I agree with both ideas that it could also be Russell, and that it’s too soon for him to come back. Leave him in there a little longer, and he’ll be even crazier when he gets out. My roommate also suggested that the timing would be about right for the house Alcide is living in to be on top of Russell.

Whatever the surprise is, I’m so excited! Especially for the Halloween episode. We have a theory that Hoyt will show up dressed as Elvis, and Bubba will be “made.”

46. halle says:

Adele Stackhouse

47. akino says:

what about hadley and her son?
    but i think it’s gonna be russel or steve. best final ever!

48. salvatore says:

Barnabus Collins

49. sheena walker says:

I think it might be Rene to wrap up the evil baby storyline? I also couldn’t stand maryann(however you spell it) she really drove me up the wall :/ I also think its too soon for Russell to return and everyone else that’s gone has pretty much met the true death,apart from Adele but i don’t think she’s important enough for the finale spoiler to mean her.I will be a very happy lady if they bring the wimpy Eric storyline to an end though,I miss Eric being a badass!

50. StaceySuzanne says:

Wasn’t Quinn the Tiger’s first name Patrick??