True Blood Season Finale Spoiler Alert: Bon Temps Braces For 'New Crisis'

Get More: Finales, Spoilers

It’s hard to believe, but True Blood is about to stick a fork in its fourth season. Only three episodes remain, and HBO has just released the official loglines for the final two — and they’re saturated with spoilers.

Herewith are said descriptions. Read at your own peril!

SUNDAY, SEPT. 4 “Soul of Fire”
As the Wiccan-vampire standoff reaches a critical juncture, Sookie (Anna Paquin) summons her faerie powers to prevent Marnie (Fiona Shaw) from bewitching Bill (Stephen Moyer), Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) into a suicide march, while Jesus (Kevin Alejandro) casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Marnie/Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses.  Sam (Sam Trammell) settles a score with Marcus (Dan Buran); Alcide (Joe Manganiello) confronts Debbie (Brit Morgan) about her allegiances; Andy (Chris Bauer) finds unexpected passion in the forest; Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) is consumed by the past.

SUNDAY, SEPT. 11 “And When I Die” (Season Finale)
It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation.  Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry (Todd Lowe) receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna (Janina Gavankar) envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan (Jessica Tuck) wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric.  Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara (Rutina Wesley) with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face.

Familiar face?! Who do you think it is? Post your theories below!

Tags: ,

Comments (112)

• I hope the familiar face is Russell!

Comment by Ashley – August 22, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN to that!!

Comment by Paul – August 22, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He has mentioned his wish to come back….. *crosses fingers*

Comment by Julie – August 22, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bring back Russell!

Comment by AL – August 22, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s got to be King Russell, now that Bill is King as well it’s going to be murder to pay!

Comment by Guess – August 22, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve heard Denis O’Hare is pretty much confirmed for Season 5, and there was a rumor on Perez Hilton that he’d pop up in Season 4′s finale. I think Russell is a darn good bet.

Comment by DL – August 23, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Russell. They didn’t kill him, they just buried him.

Comment by nia – August 24, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No!!! It hasn’t been long enough!
      At least 3 seasons before he comes back because then it’ll be an even better surprise!

Comment by Jesse – August 24, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s hoping it’s Yvetta!

Comment by Talei – August 25, 2011 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      Russell gets his Freak on!

Comment by Franklin Mott's Sweetie. – August 29, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well, i have a theory but im pretty good about these things. first dont worry eric and bill are somehow going to be saved and not burned at the stack.( two main characters wouldnt get killed like that. i think jesus is going to die to save lafayette, sookie kills alcides girl friend.alcide confesses his love( to sookie) but is rejected, he may or may not jump in the way of a bullet that is meant for sookie by his girlfriend( now former). if he is rejected he will leave and probably wont see him til middle of next season. arlenes baby is evil dont really know were theyll take that but,terry might bare the brunt of it. taras girlfriend might comeback to surprise her and get killed or hurt(maybe). someone might kill nan.and eric mite take over her spot.(theory) arlene might see renee in the finale because the vail between the living and dead is the most thinnest on halloween(as the preview says). he might be in the baby for all we know. but what do i know lafayette could be killed jesus could live. sookies not going to die . but dont count out the fairies,we havent seen them in a while. she also has a strong committment to the men she loves. she’ll do anything to save them so maybe that includes going back to fairy land. if not russell will show up at the end and rip out erics throat. just when they think its all over.

Comment by tasha – September 6, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are really late on this info. This was posted on Truebloodnews. com website several weeks ago.

Comment by Michelle – August 22, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soap opera much?

Comment by Moht – August 22, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s always been that. Don’t watch if that bothers you.

Comment by Jeff – August 22, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have a feeling that one Mr Russell Edgington is coming back babies!! im so ready for that..bring it on Mr Ball!!

Comment by Eva LePelley – August 22, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A familiar face? Perhaps Russell is coming back? Or maybe there’s more to the Rene ghost story than we know?

Either way, can’t wait. The newest episode was one of the best in the series and this is easily my favorite season so far.

Comment by Jeff – August 22, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d gladly take Rene or Russell coming back. It’d be awesome either way!

Comment by Nicotine – August 22, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • would love rene to come back as a ghost… me loved some rene

Comment by melo – August 24, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, this info was released weeks ago.

Comment by Devon – August 22, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RUSSEL!!! that makes me very happy

Comment by Lindsay – August 22, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do hope its Russell is back. He was the only good part of last season. Ooh and we know that Scott Foley is Terry’s visiter but I’m still wondering what secret he has

Comment by Liz – August 22, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did read that Russell would be coming back. Yay !
    Having Rene’s ghost really come back would be fun.

Comment by Laurel – August 22, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Denis O’Hare has been cast in American Horror Story. But maybe he can do both.

Comment by stacy – August 22, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to go out on a limb and say Steve Newlin.

Comment by stacy – August 22, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STEVE NEWLIN! :)

Comment by Jenny – August 22, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are the same synopses posted long ago on IMDB. We need NEW info.

Comment by toni – August 22, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep in mind that not everyone reads the same websites you do. While you may have seen this on IMDB this is all new and welcome news to me.

Comment by Dee – August 22, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am i the only one hoping on marianne?

Comment by Nik – August 22, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, you’re the only one.

Comment by King Russell – August 22, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry Nik, but yeah. I hated her and could NOT wait to see her go.

Comment by Stephanie – August 22, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nooooooo, I want her back! haha.

Comment by Logan. W – August 24, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want her back too!!! She was my favorite villain! <3
        Both her and Russell should come back and battle it out!

Comment by Jesse – August 24, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marianne Forester is my bet as well. However, Russell vs Marnie would be nice. Godrick has resurfaced all season as well. With all these spirits returning, Godrick has appeared in Eric’s dreams more than once.

Comment by conunjrum – August 24, 2011 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steve Newlin being missing has subtly been mentioned throughout this season, and while I think Russell will be returning, I hope Steve returns as well. I’d love him to return as a closeted vampire.

Comment by Sivat – August 22, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could honestly see it being Rene. They mention Bon Temps specifically.. more people in Bon Temps would consider Rene a big deal than Russell.

But, that being said – it’s probably Russell or Steve.

Comment by Sarah – August 22, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with Sarah. I too was thinking Rene!

Comment by Jared – August 22, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they pick up from the book and go with the Fae war. This would give Ryan Kwanten the opportunity to play a dual role.. “Familiar face”

Comment by Griff – August 22, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RUSSELL!!!!!!!!

Comment by J – August 22, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure it’s Russell, which will rock, but I would lose my marbles if my girl Maryann showed up.

Comment by Ryan – August 22, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No body else onto the fact the said Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the WOMAN he LOVES! Not saying any names in specific! So hoping its Sookie!!!

Comment by Kate – August 22, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because “the woman he loves” it’s Debbie Pelt and it has always been that way for Alcide.

Comment by Guess – August 22, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yummm……sookie, alcide, eric and bill in another sookie dream in that hot lil number would be a killer finale add-in

Comment by melo – August 24, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show has become so predictable. We all know it will be Sookie, but that will be so ridiculous since he has been Debbie’s doormat up to now.

Comment by Jessesgirl – August 25, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty sure steve newlin comes back to bon temps… remember the publicity in the beginning of the season “have you seen rev. Steve Newlin? “…. i would bet on that! !!

Comment by stephanie – August 22, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s probably Russell, but I’m really, really hoping for Rene…he was awesome (for a serial killer…lol). If it’s Maryann I think I will vomit. I sincerely don’t think I could stand another season of her…

Comment by Ruandvin – August 22, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • duh. It is going to be the chick from season 2. The one who was a goddess of whatever and had everyone having orgies. They have made a point of showing us everyone had spirits and stuff and they can take over bodies and come back. It is so her. The finale clip will probably be her with her long dark hair naked or something saying hello sookie hello tara..roll credits….im right.

Comment by jess – August 22, 2011 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope Sookie fights with Debbie and then Tara comes in and kills her.

Comment by vibes – August 22, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah! I’d love to see Tara kill Sookie. Tara could take over the show then. Great idea. :-)

Comment by tina – August 22, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lmao! I don’t think that’s what vibes meant, but NOOOOOO I don’t want Debbie to die! I love her!!!

Comment by Jesse – August 24, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In the books Sookie kill Debbie self defense, but then True Blood doesn’t follow the books all that closely.

Comment by Brenda – September 4, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope and pray that it is Sophie-Ann!!!!!!!

Comment by Chris – August 22, 2011 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You and me both! Otherwise, what was really the point of Evan Rachel Wood at the TB premiere?

Comment by KBC – August 23, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sophie-Anne

Comment by NonWatcher – August 23, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems as if all signs point to Russell, but I’d be the happiest person on the planet if it was super hottie Godric – and not in the hallucination kind of way either.

Comment by ATLgroove – August 23, 2011 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I wish it was Godric!! But it won’t be.

Comment by shari – August 24, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me, too Shari – would love to see Godric come back. His part was not big enough, and he is a big influence on Eric.

Comment by Jayne – August 24, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know in my heart that Godric has “met the sun” and The True Death but, dammit, I love the character; so naturally it’s gotta be Denis O’Hare’s (King – still?) Russell Edgington. The less of Steve Newlin, the better…but he does make for good vamp v. T-bagger metaphors.

Comment by TrueFan – August 24, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m betting it’s Claudine. The fairy Eric drained was actually Claudette. Just my theory…

Comment by Bontempsbaby – August 23, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would make sense and help the triplet storyline.

Comment by Tia – August 23, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never thought of that…that would be a good one. I was a little annoyed that they killed her off so quick.

Comment by Carey – August 24, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Claudine makes sense to me, but would love to see Russell….he was too much fun to be gone.

Comment by Ericsmine – August 24, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad that this season is almost over. Sorry Alan Ball, but I think you killed my favorite storyline of Eric losing his memory. I’m sick of the Sookie-Bill-Eric triangle. I think I’d like to see more Jason/Jessica. Good setup for Werewolf war next season, I think?! But then again, I was disappointed a little by the Witch war this season, so we shall see.

Comment by tvaddict – August 23, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You were disappointed by the witch war? Well you’ll be thrilled to know IT AIN’T OVAH YET!

Comment by ultimate troll – August 23, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The King of Mississippi is back! I only wish Talbot was back too. They were a fun couple to watch.

Comment by TVDIVA – August 23, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sophie-Ann; she very clearly met the true death. Not Maryanne either, you saw the end of her good and proper. Godric? We ‘ll only see him as a flashback or a ghost, again, had the true death. My bet is Russell or possibly hadley – there is a lot more to her story. Loving this season!

Comment by Steph – August 24, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Debbie is going to die!

Comment by Pame – August 24, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can only hope.. hate her to death!

Comment by clarit – August 24, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE HER!!!

Comment by Jesse – August 24, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its steve newlin

Comment by Babyvamp – August 24, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Franklin please…

Comment by Steve L – August 24, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Franklin and his freakishly HUGE fangs!! Bet Tara would love that…

Comment by SuziQ – August 24, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alan Ball has stated that fairies often have multiple births – I think the “familiar” face is going to be Claudine’s twin.

Comment by Martha – August 24, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well in the books she has a twin brother Claude.

Comment by Brenda – September 4, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The familiar face might be Sophie Anne. I know they killed her in season 3 but in the books she has a much larger part. So maybe she’s not quite as dead as we think she is.

Comment by Maze – August 24, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too be honest I would really like for season 4 to have both of them back. I love it when there is Chaos EVERYWHERE!!!!

Comment by Alyson – August 24, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it will be Adele. I was just on the True Blood IMDB site and she is listed for the last episode. Perhaps she could just be a flashback but I did not see anything for Steve, Russell, or Maryann.

Comment by Jessica – August 24, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG is that familiar face Russel Edgington? What if it’s both Russel and Steve Newlin? It would be epic.

Comment by nadim – August 24, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be Russell!!!

Comment by Sabrina – August 24, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its is russell they confirmed it @ comicon

Comment by meggan – August 24, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its definitely going to be steve newlin. if youve been paying attention to things in the background, hes been missing. hbo even has a website about it. ive been wondering when they were going to mention it.

Comment by cassie – August 24, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see Eggs’s ghost enter Lafayette!

Comment by Mickey – August 24, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now that’s a cool idea – I liked Eggs – he got a raw deal.

Comment by Jayne – August 24, 2011 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about the menade?
    Maryann was so cool and in the books she didn’t die ._.
    it’s too soon for Russell i think.

Comment by Oscar Calderon – August 24, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My roommate and I have suspicion that Rene’s ghost will come back, and Lafayette’s being a medium makes that increasingly likely, and becoming a serial killer would certainly hurt anyone’s relationship. The most recent episode made it a little less likely, since we found out what was really going on with Mikey, but it’s not impossible.

I agree with both ideas that it could also be Russell, and that it’s too soon for him to come back. Leave him in there a little longer, and he’ll be even crazier when he gets out. My roommate also suggested that the timing would be about right for the house Alcide is living in to be on top of Russell.

Whatever the surprise is, I’m so excited! Especially for the Halloween episode. We have a theory that Hoyt will show up dressed as Elvis, and Bubba will be “made.”

Comment by Laura – August 24, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adele Stackhouse

Comment by halle – August 24, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about hadley and her son?
    but i think it’s gonna be russel or steve. best final ever!

Comment by akino – August 24, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barnabus Collins

Comment by salvatore – August 24, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it might be Rene to wrap up the evil baby storyline? I also couldn’t stand maryann(however you spell it) she really drove me up the wall :/ I also think its too soon for Russell to return and everyone else that’s gone has pretty much met the true death,apart from Adele but i don’t think she’s important enough for the finale spoiler to mean her.I will be a very happy lady if they bring the wimpy Eric storyline to an end though,I miss Eric being a badass!

Comment by sheena walker – August 24, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t Quinn the Tiger’s first name Patrick??

Comment by StaceySuzanne – August 24, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. Quinn’s first name was John.

Comment by Chrissy – August 24, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Patrick was the werewolf that opposed Alcide’s father in the battle for packmaster.

Comment by Chrissy – August 24, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post