TVLine Items: Once Upon a Time Finds Its Cinderella, AMC's Young Rejoins B&B, and More

ABC’s new fairy tale fantasy Once Upon a Time has found its Cinderella — and as far as we know, they didn’t even need to conduct a fitting with a stray glass slipper.

Starlet Jessy Schram (Falling Skies) has landed the princessly role, Zap2it reports, and is set to appear in one of the debut season’s early episodes. Once premieres Sunday, Oct. 23, at 8/7c.

Real Truths Behind ABC’s Once Upon a Time (Including That Pesky Fables Comparison)

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

All My Children vet Jacob Young has decided not to stick around for Pine Valley’s online adventures, but instead will reclaim his spot as Rick on CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful (a role he dominated from 1997-99). According to TV Guide Magazine, the Daytime Emmy-winner will make his return to the Forrester fashion house on Sept. 26 — the Monday following AMC‘s broadcast finale on ABC.

• Speaking of AMC… Fresh off of his, um, dreamy return, Josh Duhamel has joined the cast of Disney Jr.’s adorable animated series Jake and the Never Land Pirates. Deadline reports that the Transformers actor (or at least his vocal chops!) will recur as “Captain Flynn, a dashing young pirate who is well-known for his legendary adventures on the Never Sea.”

Sarah Michelle Gellar Confirms All My Children Return

• Shawn Ryan is at it again! The Shield/Terriers/Chicago Code showrunner has teamed with Criminal Minds writer-producer Simon Mirren on a new crime drama/fringe science pilot for CBS.

• Comedian Luka Jones has replaced the otherwise-occupied Adam Pally (Happy Endings) as the male lead in the NBC midseason comedy Best Friends Forever, per Deadline. Fellow Upright Citizens Brigade standup alumna Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair also star.

Fall TV Premiere Calendar: Save the 101 Dates!

• Comedy Central has given a series order to Brickleberry, an animated show about a group of dysfunctional forest rangers. Tosh.0 host Daniel Tosh will executive-produce.

• Bravo’s Real Housewives are going on tour…yay? The live show — though we’re not entirely sure what they’ll be doing onstage — kicks off in Atlantic City, NJ on Oct. 1, with stops in Atlanta and Chicago planned.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (17)

• I always get Jessy Schram confused with Anna Camp (Sarah Newlin on True Blood). They need to play sisters some day.

Comment by DL – August 15, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jessy Schram, and she has definite fairytale princess potential – very happy with this news. She has been a bit underused on Falling Skies, and the role is kind of an odd fit, but this seems much more up her alley.

Comment by wordsmith – August 15, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS is trying to ripoff Fringe?! Did they forget they’re CBS?

Comment by Michelle – August 15, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fringe is hardly the original concept fans like to make it out to be. CBS already tried the fringe science/crime drama once with The Eleventh Hour and that was the same year as Fringe debuted, and the UK premiered their version of The Eleventh Hour a few years before Fringe existed.

Comment by Mia – August 15, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fringe isn’t really a crime drama anymore though

Comment by Moo – August 15, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for Jacob Young who I think is one of the better actors on AMC. I’m not feeling very confident or upbeat about AMC online. I have a feeling it’s not going to work out.

Comment by Sue – August 15, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dissagree. I am a diehard fan and am very excited and upbeat by the possibility of my favorite soap going online. I will feel even my enthusiastic if “All My Children” and “One Life To Live” goes the direction of primetime. I’m one of those diehard soap folks and still yearn for my weekly dosage of “Dynasty”.

Comment by Lynnette – September 24, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have the feeling Once Upon a Time is going to be too fairy-tale-ish to attract many viewers.

Comment by Joshua – August 15, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I know her! Jessy Schram was on Veronica Mars.

Comment by Renee – August 15, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s where I primarily know her from too!!!

Comment by jorf – August 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for soap stars continuing to be employed, but this B&B Rick swap is almost like General H’s Lucky swap. Not cool, B&B. NOt cool at all.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – August 15, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i never liked kyle’s Rick. Jacob was on the show before and was a much better fit- looks and acting wise imo. Happy he is returning to B&B. Also, they’ve had Rick off the radar plenty long enough for them to do the old soap switcheroo.

Comment by jj – August 15, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the trailer for Once Upon a Time, so I’ll give it a go. Not so sure about Grimm on NBC which looks similar.

Comment by Templar – August 15, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, a role where I won’t (hopefully) hate Jessy Schram. I like her as an actress, but neither the bratty-teenager stint on Life and the antagonistic-separated-wife-of-Chris-Pine in Unstoppable were endearing roles. Hoping this will be, since I like her talent.

Comment by Taj – August 15, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the core cast of amc is probably leaving jacob young, michael knight, cameron mathison, debbi morgan, darnell williams, rebecca budig have either confirmed or hinted that they are leaving.

Comment by Mick – August 15, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So all the 3girls are in that abc fantasy tv series: snow white, cindarella and sleeping beauty? I would love to see those 3in the same rooms bitching about each other or something, anyway i hope if they all meet or just 2 of them meet, that it will not be a love fest but much more of competition…

Comment by melanie – August 21, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cindarella is not a princess… but what happens when cindarella, sleepin beauty and snow white are stuck in a room together?

Comment by melanie – September 18, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post