Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Premieres Calendar: Save the 101 Dates!

We hope you’re getting in some relaxation during these last weeks of summer, because come mid-September, things are going to get pretty crazy for you, your TV and Mr. DVR.

When will the NCIS team report back for duty? When do the Grey’s docs scrub back in? When will Mr. Schuester get a third crack at ill-preparing glee club for competition? How soon will the SAMCRO boys be sprung from the clink?

Fall TV Preview: TVLine’s Guide to What’s New

We’ve prepared a calendar of the more than 80 broadcast and major cable shows premiering in September alone (!), along with a summary of what’s coming down the pike in October and November. (Lest any Cougar Town enthusiasts freak out, again, we also remind you of which broadcast shows are debuting much later in the fall, as well as at midseason.)

Also: Our day-by-day calendar can be found here, so you can easily see what is airing against what.

Check Out TVLine’s First Impressions of Several New Fall Shows

So go ahead, click on the image below to enlarge and print it out; new shows are designated in RED. Then skim the busy, busy third week of September and give your DVR a loving pat on the head.

Preemptive P.S. Our calendar-making skills are not infallible — Pope Gregory XIII’s summer internship just ended and all — so if you spot something that is missing, drop a polite note in Comments and we’ll make updates as warranted.

Comments (127)

• I don’t know what you’re eluding too, because my DVR’s been working hard all summer. Sure Fall TV looks big and there are some new shows I’m excited to check out, but summer is when USA and TNT bring out their drama’s and this summer also brought me the addition of Teen Wolf, which I actually liked. Summer is no longer a dead time for TV…now it sizzles.

As for Fall, if I had a wish it would be that one or two shows I’m planning on checking out moved to Sunday or Wednesday because right now they’re pretty open. I’m so thankful for my DVR, because there is no way that I would be able to get to watch these shows when they aired, there’s just too much. I see my weekend hours getting filled very quickly with catch up TV watching.

My social life killing TV schedule is below:

Sunday:

Person of Interest

Friday:
    Chuck
    Nikita
    Grimm
    Supernatural
    Fringe (I’m not sure about this one, I’m still mad at the show for last season. To be determined.)

Comment by melody – August 15, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Where is my highlighter??

Comment by Pia – August 15, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why wasn’t “Psych” on this list? I had to look up the premiere date to find out that it’s October 12. You should be as excited as I am.

Comment by Julia – August 15, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Psych doesn’t premiere until October so it’s in the blue box at the bottom.

Comment by Pia – August 16, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else besides me notice that the picture at the top of this article has “Buffy” Sarah Michelle Gellar on the left and “Angel” David Boreanez on the right? Awww, how I miss those days of seeing them together!

Comment by melinda – August 15, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I must be blind! Psych was on the list! Sorry about that!
    But anyway, the shows I will be watching are:

Sunday:

30 Rock
    Bones
    The Finder

Saturday:
    Saturday Night Live

Comment by Julia – August 15, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant wait for Two and a Half Men and Last Man Standing it’s really exciting.

Comment by Aidan Williams – August 15, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU, MATT!! You are so good to us! =)

Comment by Janece Suarez – August 15, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to trying: PERSON OF INTEREST, 2 BROKE GIRLS, THE FINDER, RINGER, UNFORGETTABLE & A GIFTED MAN.

Returning shows I’m looking forward to: THE MENTALIST, RAISING HOPE, IN THE MIDDLE, CASTLE, THE GOOD WIFE, BLUE BLOODS, CRIMINAL MINDS, BONES, THE BIG BANG THEORY, NCIS, & NIKITA.

Thanks so much for this list. Helps a lot, Matt. :)

Comment by Shiloh – August 15, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am eagerly waiting for terra nova. !

Comment by Watch Terra Nova Online – August 16, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, thank you for the list!
    it’s such a relief to read that I’m not the only one marking dates…

Comment by iellalein – August 22, 2011 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for posting this schedule! You’re awesome!

Comment by Ariel – August 23, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This calendar is amazing. I’m not sure why it always seems like a scavenger hunt to find these dates. Thanks!

Comment by RastaCC – September 6, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot: The Roast of Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central Monday, September 19.

Check out the Ozzy Crazy Train Intro:

Comment by Lisa – September 7, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terra Nova … September 26, 2011

Comment by renaak – September 8, 2011 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doh! Already listed, somehow looking at Sept 28th instead. ;)

Comment by renaak – September 8, 2011 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the only new show I am excited to watch is Suburgatory because I love that whole American Beauty kind of humor. I hope it sufficiently skewers the entire suburban BS lifestyle I grew up in where material possessions is king. I think I could try Zooey’s new show and maybe Pan Am. Though the drama with how Pan Am is ripping off Mad Men is hysterical to me. Nothing can be like Mad Men, because nobody else in the world has a mind like Matthew Weiner. I expect Pan Am to be incredibly soapy and dramatic, but as long as it is not as bad as any Shaunda Rhimes shows…it will probably be terrible, but I can see myself at least trying it, and also maybe those fairy tale shows. Anything else I would wait for the reviews to be out on before I would watch.

For the most part, I can’t even think past this week to think about what returning shows I am excited for, so this week I am just anxiously awaiting Parenthood and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, though I pray that latter doesn’t let me down this season like they did the previous two seasons. There are a few shows at the top of my consciousness that I can’t stop getting excited for the premieres later on. I’m trying not to get too excited for The Walking Dead, Psych, and Community, because at least the first two seem so far off right now. Even Community seems too far away.

Comment by Amber – September 13, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sanctuary premieres on Syfy on Oct. 7. My favorite show!

Comment by Kristy – September 22, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rules of Engagement should be October 8th, not September 24th

Comment by kim – September 27, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any chance we can get this updated? Its coming up on time for a lot of the midseason pickups and I’d love to know when I can start setting my DVR

Comment by bethesbian – October 28, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m waiting for an October and November tv premiere schedule. I really like calandars that have miniseries and other things on them too :)

Comment by Christa – September 25, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post