Fall TV Premieres Calendar: Save the 101 Dates!

We hope you’re getting in some relaxation during these last weeks of summer, because come mid-September, things are going to get pretty crazy for you, your TV and Mr. DVR.

When will the NCIS team report back for duty? When do the Grey’s docs scrub back in? When will Mr. Schuester get a third crack at ill-preparing glee club for competition? How soon will the SAMCRO boys be sprung from the clink?

Fall TV Preview: TVLine’s Guide to What’s New

We’ve prepared a calendar of the more than 80 broadcast and major cable shows premiering in September alone (!), along with a summary of what’s coming down the pike in October and November. (Lest any Cougar Town enthusiasts freak out, again, we also remind you of which broadcast shows are debuting much later in the fall, as well as at midseason.)

Also: Our day-by-day calendar can be found here, so you can easily see what is airing against what.

Check Out TVLine’s First Impressions of Several New Fall Shows

So go ahead, click on the image below to enlarge and print it out; new shows are designated in RED. Then skim the busy, busy third week of September and give your DVR a loving pat on the head.

Preemptive P.S. Our calendar-making skills are not infallible — Pope Gregory XIII’s summer internship just ended and all — so if you spot something that is missing, drop a polite note in Comments and we’ll make updates as warranted.

TAGS: , , , , , , , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Lists, Premieres

1. melody says:

I don’t know what you’re eluding too, because my DVR’s been working hard all summer. Sure Fall TV looks big and there are some new shows I’m excited to check out, but summer is when USA and TNT bring out their drama’s and this summer also brought me the addition of Teen Wolf, which I actually liked. Summer is no longer a dead time for TV…now it sizzles.

As for Fall, if I had a wish it would be that one or two shows I’m planning on checking out moved to Sunday or Wednesday because right now they’re pretty open. I’m so thankful for my DVR, because there is no way that I would be able to get to watch these shows when they aired, there’s just too much. I see my weekend hours getting filled very quickly with catch up TV watching.

My social life killing TV schedule is below:

Sunday:

Person of Interest

Friday:
    Chuck
    Nikita
    Grimm
    Supernatural
    Fringe (I’m not sure about this one, I’m still mad at the show for last season. To be determined.)

2. Pia says:

YES! Where is my highlighter??

3. Julia says:

Why wasn’t “Psych” on this list? I had to look up the premiere date to find out that it’s October 12. You should be as excited as I am.

4. melinda says:

Did anyone else besides me notice that the picture at the top of this article has “Buffy” Sarah Michelle Gellar on the left and “Angel” David Boreanez on the right? Awww, how I miss those days of seeing them together!

5. Julia says:

Wow, I must be blind! Psych was on the list! Sorry about that!
    But anyway, the shows I will be watching are:

Sunday:

30 Rock
    Bones
    The Finder

Saturday:
    Saturday Night Live

6. Aidan Williams says:

I cant wait for Two and a Half Men and Last Man Standing it’s really exciting.

7. Janece Suarez says:

THANK YOU, MATT!! You are so good to us! =)

8. Shiloh says:

Looking forward to trying: PERSON OF INTEREST, 2 BROKE GIRLS, THE FINDER, RINGER, UNFORGETTABLE & A GIFTED MAN.

Returning shows I’m looking forward to: THE MENTALIST, RAISING HOPE, IN THE MIDDLE, CASTLE, THE GOOD WIFE, BLUE BLOODS, CRIMINAL MINDS, BONES, THE BIG BANG THEORY, NCIS, & NIKITA.

Thanks so much for this list. Helps a lot, Matt. :)

9. I am eagerly waiting for terra nova. !

10. iellalein says:

Matt, thank you for the list!
    it’s such a relief to read that I’m not the only one marking dates…

11. Ariel says:

Thanks for posting this schedule! You’re awesome!

12. RastaCC says:

This calendar is amazing. I’m not sure why it always seems like a scavenger hunt to find these dates. Thanks!

13. Lisa says:

You forgot: The Roast of Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central Monday, September 19.

Check out the Ozzy Crazy Train Intro:

14. renaak says:

Terra Nova … September 26, 2011

15. Amber says:

I think the only new show I am excited to watch is Suburgatory because I love that whole American Beauty kind of humor. I hope it sufficiently skewers the entire suburban BS lifestyle I grew up in where material possessions is king. I think I could try Zooey’s new show and maybe Pan Am. Though the drama with how Pan Am is ripping off Mad Men is hysterical to me. Nothing can be like Mad Men, because nobody else in the world has a mind like Matthew Weiner. I expect Pan Am to be incredibly soapy and dramatic, but as long as it is not as bad as any Shaunda Rhimes shows…it will probably be terrible, but I can see myself at least trying it, and also maybe those fairy tale shows. Anything else I would wait for the reviews to be out on before I would watch.

For the most part, I can’t even think past this week to think about what returning shows I am excited for, so this week I am just anxiously awaiting Parenthood and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, though I pray that latter doesn’t let me down this season like they did the previous two seasons. There are a few shows at the top of my consciousness that I can’t stop getting excited for the premieres later on. I’m trying not to get too excited for The Walking Dead, Psych, and Community, because at least the first two seem so far off right now. Even Community seems too far away.

16. Kristy says:

Sanctuary premieres on Syfy on Oct. 7. My favorite show!

17. kim says:

Rules of Engagement should be October 8th, not September 24th

18. bethesbian says:

Any chance we can get this updated? Its coming up on time for a lot of the midseason pickups and I’d love to know when I can start setting my DVR

19. Christa says:

I’m waiting for an October and November tv premiere schedule. I really like calandars that have miniseries and other things on them too :)