Exclusive

Exclusive: House Boss on Losing Lisa (and Olivia), Getting Back to the Show's Core Values, and a Possible Series-Ending Huddy Reunion

As House makes what could be its final rounds on television, series creator David Shore is determined to get the heart of the show beating again. That means putting the focus back on the weekly medical cases and, more importantly, Dr. Crankypants himself. But first, there’s fallout from events both onscreen (carmageddon) and off (farewell, Lisa Edelstein) that must be dealt with. In the following Q&A, Shore reveals why he’s sending House directly to jail, previews the new blood coming to Princeton-Plainsboro, and answers the question that’s been bugging me since May: Will Cuddy check back in before House checks out for good.

TVLINE | Word has leaked [via TVLine] that you will be replacing the now-vacant Dean of Medicine post with a character familiar to House fans, as opposed to foisting someone new on the audience. Is this your way of acknowledging that those are some mighty big shoes to fill?
It is. We had a very interesting hiatus. It was not our plan [to lose Lisa]. It is not what we had in our mind. Certain stuff got thrust upon us that I was not pleased with. But we sat down in the writers room and dealt with the challenges we’d been presented with and I think came up with a really interesting way to go into this season, and it’s turned out to be very exciting. The [Dean position] is a tricky role, and it has been since Day One. Lisa did a fantastic job with it and we didn’t want to simply recreate that. And we didn’t want to simply come up with a Colonel Klink. [Laughs] There was a nice balance to that character, so we decided to [go with someone in House's orbit] instead of trying to recreate Cuddy and put [an actor or actress] in the unenviable position of being compared to her, which will happen anyway. This allows us to put a character the audience has seen before in a new situation and to have House judge them on that. It changes the whole dynamic between the characters.

TVLINE | Was it always your plan to start the season off with House in prison?
No. It was certainly one of the possibilities, but it hadn’t been defined initially.

Follow @MichaelAusiello on Twitter for House Spoilers 24/7!

TVLINE | Did the strong reaction from fans following the finale — specifically that House needed to pay for his actions — play into your decision?
We recognized the truth of aspects of that. [Laughs] I feel strongly that House was not trying to kill anybody. It was certainly an act of violence. And it was certainly an irresponsible act. But I do feel strongly that he was not trying to kill anybody. He was acting out in a violent way, which is not a responsible action. And we feel strongly on the show that actions have consequences. And House has to pay a price. We also wanted to play with the notion of how much does he feel a sense of responsibility [over what happened]. He would never admit it but it’s there.

TVLINE | How much time will he spend behind bars?
Quite a bit. It’s months, not days.

TVLINE | But in terms of actual episodes
Not a lot. Season 8 is going to start months after Season 7 ended. And we want to get back to the core of our show. Our show isn’t about House in prison. He should be in prison. [Laughs] But the show isn’t about that. So we want to get back to the core values of our show as soon as possible, but obviously with a slightly different set-up.

TVLINE | Do you think the show diverted from those core values last season with all the House-Cuddy relationship stuff?
We had to go down that road and I’m proud of the way we went down that road, [even though] it was polarizing to some extent. But the stuff that I’ve always loved about the show is the House character and how he reacts, not particularly to romance, but to deeper life and death issues and issues of right and wrong and questions of how to live a good, moral life. And how he reacts to the [patients] who are brought in each week and to the regulars. Getting back to the fundamentals of these medical cases and these character cases. It’s not so much about the medicine; it’s about the characters.

TVLINE | Speaking of the characters, I’m intrigued by the casting of Charlyne Yi. That was a surprising choice to say the least.
That was a big part of [why we hired her]. We saw some of her standup and she is a quirky, interesting individual — and yet real and sympathetic. And we had been thinking of [introducing] a character who comes from a bit of an Old World background, and she seemed perfect for it.

TVLINE | I’m guessing the arrival of both Yi and fellow newbie Odette Annable means Olivia Wilde won’t be around much this season. How many episodes will she be in?
Not a lot unfortunately. She’s a movie star.

Exclusive: House‘s New Season Will Pick Up [Major Spoiler Alert] Later!

TVLINE | Are we talking one or two episodes?
Something like that. I don’t want to get too specific but I also don’t want to mislead people. I regret losing her, but, again, this was not our choice. Things happened at the end of last season that I wasn’t happy about and I hadn’t planned for. But I want to say we’re very happy with [the coming season]. This has turned out to be a real opportunity. We’re really doing some cool stuff at the start of the season and it’s pumped some fresh blood into the show — not that we needed it.

TVLINE | Were you able to bring closure to the Huddy storyline?
Simply the passage of time serves as that. There’s closure in the sense that there’s fallout.

TVLINE | Are you approaching this season as if it’s the last?
I am not at this point. Fox wants another season. I think enough of our fans want another season. [Universal Media Studios] wants another season. It may well be [the final season]. And we will know earlier rather then later because I want to do [the ending] right.

TVLINE | Would you want Lisa back for the series finale?
I would love for that to happen.

TVLINE | Do you feel like it’s a realistic possibility?
I honestly don’t know.

1. Liz says:

Anything but a Huddy reunion in the finale, please! Huddy ruined the biggest parts of season 7 for me, I don’t want it to ruin the end of my most favorite show. Just no! I’m so glad that Cuddy is gone, and I really hope she will never come back. She is not the right woman for House, the entire Huddy arc showed that. Still, looking forward to season8!

• Alicia says:

Cuddy needs to return to give the character, the viewers and even the actress proper closure. Though, I agree, DS has proven he just can’t write “Huddy” decently. He was too busy trying to get to the point of killing it that he couldn’t even do the relationship justice.
      It’s easy to say “Huddy” sucked, but that’s how DS wrote it and wanted it portrayed. He crafted a dismal coupling in service of his “House must be miserable” endgame, yet wonders why people are upset.
      Not watching season 8, but if Cuddy returned I might check out her episode, and if Shore doesn’t slap everyone in the face with it, I might go on to view the rest of the season.

• Obviously says:

David Shore is just defending his “product.” He’s certainly not going to go public and say, “Huddy sucked. We made a big mistake… blah, blah, blah.” He has to take the position of optimism which results in his blowing sunshine up our collective skirts. That’s the job of an EP and he can BS with the best of them.

• Obliviously says:

You’re just defending you “viewpoint”. You’re certainly not going to go on a comment board and say, “I think it’s possible other people like Huddy and that’s fine because romances on tv shows aren’t empirically good or bad blah blah blah ” You have to take the position of cynicism which results in never believing anyone unless they’re blowing up your skirt. That’s the job of a disgruntled fan and you can disgruntle with the best of them.

• Emgee says:

@Obliviously
            I love it. Well put!

• Obviously says:

@Obliviously: Nice sobriquet. Accurate, too. You totally missed my point. Dial back on the snarkism and try reading these posts, ALL of these posts, with an open mind and a modicum of the intelligence God allotted you. Putz.

• houseshomegirl says:

We don’t care She was awful. glad she is gone.

• jj says:

Huddy did not ruined the show. David Shore did. I have not, and will not, be watching House again. I haven’t since the middle of the season. The way House and Cuddy were written (not Huddy) is totally unacceptable. This is coming from a person that has supported House since season 1. Has bought iTunes season pass, DVD and blu-ray (season 6) for every single season. Unfortunately I bought the season pass for season 7 without knowing how the show would end up. I have not pre-order season 7 and will not be buying it. I have move on to other shows that are better written and spend my money on those shows instead.

• Isee says:

You’re a fanboy psychopath. Opinions vary on the quality of most things, but good God, put your burning cross down and get over it. It’s a show.

• Steve says:

Well said, Isee. House is, after all, just a TV show. But I for one have always enjoyed it. Loved everything that led up to Huddy, and loved Huddy while it/they lasted. And I’ll miss Lisa Edelstein–not only for her character and how deftly she acted the part, but also because she is so beautiful!

Those who trash the show with their comments should simply stop watching. It’s easy to be anarmchair critic, but try writing a show for this long and coming up with story lines and a direction for the show. I can’t imagine how hard that must be. Still, I’ve always found the show, the acting, the directing and the characters very compelling, and I think House is the most interesting dramatic TV character since West Wing (Take your pick from West Wing–she show was packed with great characters). And Hugh Laurie’s portrayal of House……well, the word genius has be bantered around, and aptly so in my view.

Finally, while House is the lead character and protagonist of the show, it always seemed to me that Cuddy and Wilson were its heart and soul, which is why dealing with losing Cuddy will be so difficult for David Shore. Anyone else share that view?

• houseshomegirl says:

Oh come on! It was really good until she became involved with House and treated him like dirt. She deserves to be gone More power to House!

• Ann says:

I don’t think Huddy itself ruined the show. It was just done poorly. It COULD have been done well, but it wasn’t. And now the writers, including DS, need to deal with the consequences of that. I would love to see LE come back for an episode or two if just to give some real closure to her character (I don’t care what DS says; “passage of time” does NOT count as “closure”). I guess we’ll see…

And honestly, I think it’s time for the show to come to a close. All things have to come to an end eventually, and I’d rather see it end when it still has some breath in it than just wheezing to a close…

PS, hooray for getting back to the medical mysteries! Yes please, yes! :D

• zig says:

are u crazy???
      she is perfect for him… as the 7 seasons showed she is the only one that can control house, at least a bit, in some ways of course. i hope she comes back, i really do.. i got really depressed when i heard she wasnt coming back to s8. there is no house without cuddy, i mean there is… but it will not be the same… i hopped this was the last season cause she was gone… but with the possibility of her return in s9 or something i want more!
      s2 HOUSE!

• truth be told says:

I completely agree! I love everything about the 2 of them together. Perfect match… why could no one else see it?

• Carolina says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I love 13!! 13 and Chase, I want to see them hook up, they were made for each other!
      And I like Cuddy too.

• PacoBell says:

My wife and I LOVED house and bought every episode the day it came out on Amazon, that stopped the second they started the Huddy story line. Now that it has died and gone away we plan on returning to what was once our favorite show.

• houseshomegirl says:

I agree. I am soooo glad she is gone and hope she never comes back

• Valerie says:

Huddy couln’t ruin something cause it’s not a real person. It’s just a creation of Shore & Co.

• Andrea says:

Completely Agree! Season 7 was too painful… :)

• Camila says:

Have you got a brain? The viewers are SO DOWN witout her that THIS IS our last season.Bringing her back IS THE BEST that they can do.Or do you prefer him happy forever with dominika,the strepper?

2. Zoey says:

Thirteen gone minimalistic, Huddy buried, less romance, focussing on the characters again. If they can pull it off then I’ll be watching. Here’s hoping Jesse Spencer gets a lot of screen time, too. Chase and House rock. Oh, and Taub for dean of medicine (although it might be Wilson).

• Dan Dan Dan says:

I hope it’s anybody but Wilson. Foreman would be a good choice.

• Lisa says:

Agreed. It has to be Foreman. They’ve set him up for it all these years. I think Wilson loves his patients and his practice too much to give that up to be House’s boss, of all things. He wouldn’t want that burden on him. Foreman would thrive with it.

• Mary E says:

If the new dean is Foreman, I will definitely quit watching. They have done Foreman as boss to death. It was irritating before and would be nothing but a series killer for me.

• Andrea says:

Cameron is not coming back right? she could be the best option!…

• Amber says:

I think it’s obviously one of the team. Two additions to the cast points to two openings on the team. They could conceivable add one more to the team, but I think Foreman is the most likely candidate. Taub will be too busy with two babies on the way.

• Pamela Hope Cincotta says:

Even though she’s been on “How I Met Your Mother” I hope Dean of Medicine us Allison Caneron. I DO NOT WANT THIS SHOW TO END!!! The show needs to get back to it’s roots, once you start going into love life’s too much it becomes too similar to all the other medical prinetime shows…House was different that way but next thing you know we’re having to watch EVERYONE’S love life. Keep the show at work, get back to the root of the show and do not end it!!!

3. Dan Dan Dan says:

It is time to put this show to rest. Let’s make this the last season and give it a proper ending.

• houseshomegirl says:

Dan,Dan ,Dan You are in error. It is not time to put it to rest, it is time to revive it and forget season seven. The Cuddy arc was a mistake and the writters know it. Now we can get back to House.

4. Maria says:

It makes me sad that Olivia is leaving House slowly. I remember when she was first on the show, I fell in love right away and I supported + wished the best for her career – and now she’s getting it. I should be happy for her (and I am!) but oh my god I love Thirteen sfm.

• timshel says:

Couldn’t agree more.

• Susan says:

I’m a House fan from day 1 and I like all the characters. I always liked 13 but she should have stayed away after last season instead of coming back and leaving again. Am I the only one? Don’t begrudge her movie success, I remember her from the O.C.

• Lpryor says:

Olivia Wilde will always be thirteen. Everytime I see her in movies, entertainment news, etc. I think 13.

5. KIiko says:

“We’re really doing some cool stuff at the start of the season and it’s pumped some fresh blood into the show — not that we needed it.”

Way to lie to yourself there, dude. House has needed “fresh blood” for several seasons now. This last season was a zombie in need of a head wound. I’ll hold off until a few episodes into the next season to make a final verdict, but let’s not kid ourselves: this last season sucked like a Dyson. I’m part of the crew glad that Cuddy is gone, glad that 13 will hardly be there, and glad that the end times of House M.D. are coming. Why can’t show heads just decide to be done with it? No one’s life is so interesting that you need to chronicle 10 years of it… unless you’re a superhero. Then, maybe it’s interesting enough, but only if you’re a cool superhero and have awesome villains.

• Carisa says:

Thank you, Kilko; if you hadn’t said this, I would have. I am considering dropping the show, but will probably watch the first few episodes of the new season just to see what happened after the crash.

However, the last season seriously diminished my interest so if they want to keep me, they need that “fresh blood.”

• bon jovi says:

You should just drop the show. They probably don’t want to keep you.

Oh Kliko, open mike night can’t come soon enough.
        -”a zombie in need of a headshot”
        -”last season sucked like a Dyson”

Why whine about how bad a show is and how it doesn’t need to keep turning out stories indefinitely and then mope how you’re still gonna watch at least the first few episodes? I just don’t get it.

• Kiko says:

Because sometimes bad shows DO get better? Regardless, when you watch a show for long enough, you get invested in at least a few of the characters. The overall show may fail you, but there may also be shining moments of brilliance. Besides, I’m a mom to a 9 month old who desperately wants to be held at all times. Since it’s difficult to read a book while holding a squirming baby, I watch tv. Since becoming a mom (and working around 30 hours less a week), I’ve tried a LOT of shows. House may have things about it that I really abhor, but it’s still better than a big handful of things on tv right now. I’d watch House burn in flames before I’d tune in to the Bachelorette.

• bon jovi is laughing says:

True, as much as there are loads of great or very good shows on the tv these days the sheer tonnage of crud is pretty overwhelming.

Better to hold on to a gem no matter how tarnished than waiting for a turd to start sparkling :b

• Carla says:

Exactly Kiko. Even badly done “House” is better than Bachelorette or most of the garbage on television now. House is an amazingly complex character–a modern-day Sherlock Holmes–and Wilson is his Watson. Far as I’m concerned, I will always enjoy the show…even if it’s just for that moment when House gets a subtle grin on his face and you know he’s playing a trick or delighted by somebody’s reaction.

• courtney says:

Oh come on! You know the Bachelorette is your secret love! ;) I hear ya tho, the worst imaginable season of House is by far better than most shows nowadays. I’ll be watching until the end!

• luvbug says:

Here, here. Well said kiko!

• enough is too much says:

THANK you! i read these articles to see if there MAY be a reason to come back to a show i dropped like a hot rock, coz’ i used to love the procedural, but they lost me years ago with all the nonsense. that didn’t stop, but the brains of the show died long ago. EVERYBODY has Lupus, next! put a fork in House, it’s well past done.

• Say, what? says:

I love that commen about how FOX wants a Season 9 as does David Shore. He keeps shoveling it hoping we’ll keep swallowing it.

• timshel says:

There are plenty of fans who would be happy to have a ninth season. Just look for the fans who aren’t so disgruntled and bitter.

• Kalyna says:

Absolutely! I would hate to see House come to an end. It’s still a great show because House is still House & his discussions with Cuddy are usually quite funny. Look past the boring stuff like the mentioning of the same 3 or 4 diseases in every episode, year after year, and the portrayal of House’s short-lived relationship with Cuddy. I couldn’t wait for their relationship to become a “reality”, but when it finally did, it wasn’t exciting and it ended too quickly, but there is a lot more to the show than House & Cuddy. As for a new Dean, if Cuddy has to go, it should be Wilson. Foreman is annoying & needs to take a long vacation. Wilson is always the voice of reason in House’s life. Interaction between those 2 as boss & employee would be great!

• houseshomegirl says:

Thanks Timshel. Wish all these neg. people would just shut up. I’m sick of them don’t watch if you don’t want to there are enough of us who care.

• cownancy says:

I take my House as it comes. I enjoy the character and Hugh Laurie’s portrayal of him immensely. If writers don’t take risks, then things are always bland. Sometimes risks just don’t pay off to the satisfaction of the fans. One thing about this show is true, each season they seem to change things around one way or another and I can appreciate that. Give me Season 8 and 9!

• Belbe says:

ditto! have always loved to watch Hugh laurie no mater what he’s saying, real life, tv, watever, he always manages to make me laugh and that’s about the best thing in life (in my opinion) ;)

• GhostofWhiteouT says:

The reason show heads don’t just decide to be done with it is because they can make money. It’s like video games; instead of making a new IP they just make a sequel to rake in the money like Call of Duty.

6. Jess says:

Shore still doesn’t get it. He never will. I hope this is the last season of House, euthanize it earlier rather than later.

• Iris says:

What are you talking about??! Season 8 is going to be AMAZING!!
      - First, they are just going to ignore the sh-t out of the issues which need addressing: “House would never admit it but it’s there”–so no House conceding his mistakes, but we all *know* he feels responsible, DShore JUST TOLD US.
      - Second, no logical progression for 13′s disappearance. She’ll just take off–again–for a whole year and then get a reprise for an episode or two. THAT, my friends, is storytelling!
      - Third, per contract negotiations, there will be no Cuddy, less Wilson, less Foreman and probably less Chase. Yet, this is getting back to basics, people. In fact, this season will be so BASIC it’ll pull a 14 on the pH scale.
      - However, viewers will be distracted from the show’s basic-ness by the amount of focus spent on the new docs. Sure, this far into a series people aren’t trying to invest in new characters, but what the hell–something has to fill the screen.

Now if that ain’t a recipe for success, I’ll be a Yaitanes’ uncle!

7. Cloudy Knight says:

It’s got to be Foreman for Dean of Medicine. Who else could it be? House just completely dominates every other character on the show. Foreman’s the only one who has consistently stood up to House. He hasn’t been very successful with it, but he tries, which is more than Taub or anyone else can say.

8. catherine says:

I think this is fair enough, DS is keeping his options open as any showrunner should do. I do think that if Olivia Wilde is done with this show lets get her Huntingtons demise outta the way quickly so it doesn’t drag on through the season and we can explore these new characters.
    Super excited to see the show getting back to House and his interaction with the patients, this is after all a character study and House is one of the most dynamic and invigorating characters on the small screen in years. Give Hugh Laurie some more agonising scenes the mans genius shines through in them. People said season 4 wouldn’t work with all the new interns and yet we got quite possibly 2 of the finest episodes of TV ever, ‘House’s Head/Wilson”s Heart’, so you may think this show won’t survive without Lisa E but give it a chance before slating it, you may actually quite like the shows new direction :)

9. Carol says:

How telling that David Shore seems to separate romance from character development. As clearly displayed by the dismal work in season seven, he fails to appreciate that love– the search for it and the effort to nurture it– are fundamental aspects of the story of all human beings.
    The romance of House and Cuddy could have provided an extraordinary opportunity to peel back the layers of self-deceit and doubt from House’s character. We could have seen House explore his pain, his addiction, his childhood abuse, his isolation, and his genius. Instead we got shallow heaped upon shallow:green card bimbo wives and vicodin pig-outs rather than character exploration. The utter evasion of last season does not give me much confidence or hope going forward. Introducing a gaggle of pretty new faces will serve as a distraction from the main character, I fear.

“House” has lost it’s foundation and the property needs to be condemned.

• Dani says:

I don’t understand this either. If relationships are written with a view to unearthing details rather than means to get the character to the next earth-shattering low then they can be pretty interesting. Look how well they do it on Mad Men. Jeez even In the relationship between Nucky and Margaret in Boardwalk Empire, which adds to the overall quality of the show. I genuinely think Shore has a blind spot for the grey areas that can actually make romantic relationships interesting to watch…

• Tippi says:

Well put, Dani. Too bad Shore & Co weren’t interested in exploring House’s character last season, just wrecking the romance. I find it weird that he implies that it was impossible to examine the House/Cuddy relationship WHILE solving challenging medical cases. Why are these two strands mutually exclusive?

• MystryGAB says:

I so agree with what you say about the missed opportunities of last season. One of the writers recently tweeted a comment about love that was shallow and limiting as well, so DS is not alone in that group. They don’t understand how to write relationships as part of the character exploration. They just don’t explore the emotions, the experiences and fears that build filters, or the fundamental drives that characters bring into a relationships. The show is about the character, but the failure to be able to successfully write relationships on this show has been very limiting for the character analysis. Missed opportunities all around.

On the other hand, he’s finally said what we need to hear. He’s not going to acknowlege mistakes; he can’t (and focusing on it only fuels fires anyway). They do need to get back to the psychological study and the moral/ethical questioning that was always so wonderful about the show. I like that he stressed it isn’t about the medicine, but the character. Everything should be geared to unveil or drive that moral/ethical questions and House’s response to it. Even relationships. That’s where they lost their way. The relationships and the other character stories only work as connected to House. They have been writing the other character stories and the romance without including any insight into the character of House or asking any of the tough questions for House to think on. Glad they want to get back to that.

This is the interview that should have happened before any other PR started for season 8. Instead, the PR announcements and the Twitter bits have further inflamed an already pained enviornment. It’s going to take a lot to heal the damage, and it will take patience and focus.

It still doesn’t sound like they fully understand the fan reaction to the finale, which is concerning. How can they redeem House if they don’t really understand what was wrong? It wasn’t about the “intent” to physically hurt anyone, it was about the violence itself and the notion that an act of violence – which held great possibility for death, great physical harm and certainly lasting emotional damage – is somehow an acceptable way of expressing pent-up emotions and bringing peace. It came without a PSA, so it was not being considered as a topic to explore. Instead it was approached as a “logical” action. Violence is not the logical or acceptable next step for anyone who’s hurting and can’t seem to let go. It is simply not okay to accept or condone the idea that violence – even in an act of carelessness – is an acceptable way to expunge negative emotions. If they were dealing with it as a topic of discussion to bring awareness to the problem, they would have planned for the jail time and would have had a PSA. They didn’t, as acknowleged here. The fact that they still don’t see this act of aggression for what it is, but are still hung up on clarifying that House didn’t intend to murder anyone, says they don’t see the fundamental issue with the act. Which means the exploration of his punishment may not be dealing with the real issue, either. Which also means the ethical and moral questions tied to this act may prove to be another missed opportunity.

I appreciate this interview as a nice step forward, but find the hope it brings is tied with trepidation. They were faced with many challenges – some of their own making, and some forced on them – and I do hope they can capture the magic again. It would be wonderful to have the OT3 together for the finale, but only if written correctly.

• Dani says:

@MystryGAB

Pretty much everything you said rings true to me.

• Yeah, okay, but says:

MystryGAB: You’re right, of course. However, the show can’t spend half its episodes trying to make reparation for the mistakes of last season; even less people would watch. House goes to jail, pays for his crime, time to move forward… Shore & Co’s presumed cluelessness about Huddy is irrelevant at this point; they’ve proven that they’re at their best when they DON’T try to write about matters of the heart.

• Sam says:

If you like romantic reltionships so much there’re plenty of soap and shows about that, go watch them. House became a huge it when it was a medical drama, huddy turned it into a medical romance and the show lost the half of its viewers.
        And I’d like to point out how huddys/LE fans said that season 7 was brilliant and the writing was amazing until huddy was over. Now they say tptb written huddy badly. Please!

• Yeah, okay, but says:

Sam: I think you were actually trying to spank me; however, you ended up supporting my position. Thanks!

• Dani says:

I’m sorry but you’re making sweeping generalisations. First and foremost I’m a fan of quality writing and that often includes explorations of romantic relationships. This doesn’t mean it has to be soppy BS either. I wasn’t happy with what I was seeing long before Bombshells. It was boring, repetitive and constructed with a view to assassinate one of the characters so that the season finale was more palatable. It didn’t work, hence DS having to explain himself again and again and a whole lot of people asking themselves if they’ve been swallowed into a parallel universe where the characters look the same, sound the same, but act like less entertaining idiots.

• Claudia says:

This.

• Spin Cycle says:

Yeah, Dani, but you gotta admit: its been loads of fun watching David Shore back-pedal, tap-dance and just generally shovel it around since the finale aired. I think he’s been more entertaining than all of Season 7.

• houseshomegirl says:

Well said Sam.

• Sharona says:

Gosh, this. Wow. So much of House’s character that could have been explored. Even what would seem like the most basic thing – Cuddy being responsible for the operation on House’s leg, knowing that and still loving her – was barely touched upon in 15 episodes. I feel like they almost got caught up in what would be funny in a relationship in a very concrete way – House dealing with a mother-in-law, House dealing with Rachel, House having to be social – that they lost sight of why the people who actually liked the idea liked it in the first place.

But oh well. No point in dwelling on it. Just seems like “they wasted that storyline” seems to be the outcome way too often on this show. If it wasn’t so well-acted it wouldn’t be worth watching at all.

• Claudia says:

I so agree with all of this. It’s such a waste. There was so much potential for character exploration, exploration of questions of ethics, etc…… but instead they went for silly clichés we’ve seen in a million lame comedies already. Thus completely eliminating the complexity of the characters and their relationship, i.e. what the viewers fell in love with in the first place.

10. bruna says:

House is the TV show that i like more, but i’m very disappointed with the last season. Not about Huddy, cause i always loved the dynamic between them, but the writers screwed it. Really hope the writers do a better job this year. And it’d be great if Lisa back to the end. *sorry for my mistakes, english isn’t my first language*

11. Melanie says:

More focus on medical cases & on House himself !!! This season is going to be awesome ! Shore is a genius, deal with it.
    Can’t wait for season 8 :)

• Josh says:

Focus on House himself!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :-)

• urekiddingright? says:

Yeah, it took three whole seasons to figure it out. Some genius…

• Emily says:

Nah, if he was a genius House would have just tied the hairbrush to a brick and thrown it through the dining room window.

• Right on! says:

Actually, Emily, that’s an excellent point. Dialing House’s “acting out” back to something as simple and less destructive (yet still getting the message across) as a brick through the window might have helped redeem much of the whole season. Instead, many viewers felt that House parking his car in Cuddy’s dining room was over-the-top and ridiculous. After all, our last impression is the one that stays with us…

• Sharona says:

Yup. I actually thought that’s what he was going to do, myself. It would have been obnoxious and Cuddy would have been pissed. Which honestly, could have made them have a really epic argument right there in the driveway and made for a fine and still explosive departure for Cuddy (and scared off that creepy dweeb they inexplicably thought she’d want to date). Plus if LE had accepted the salary cut and Cuddy was still around, it wouldn’t have been totally ridiculous.

12. Dani says:

So finally he’s planning ahead! About time! Season 9 though- Jeez!

As much as I hated the way they wrote Huddy I’d quite like to see Lisa back. Not because I want to see House and Cuddy run off into the sunset, but because House facing head-on a Cuddy who’s been changed by what he did would be dramatically interesting. It’s something I’d like to watch and something I’d like to get my teeth into if I were writing it.

My default position with this show is still pessimism though. Hope they prove me wrong…

13. Miki says:

I hope we get to see a lot more of Chase!!! I love seeing him with House and I also love seeing Chase with Foreman.

14. nitemar says:

I dont believe anything Shore has to say about the show. I notice he always laughs when asked specific questions, deflecting is his weapon at hand.. But he can say anything he wants, its his baby. I really hope this is the final year..ratings will tell, sooner than later.

• J. Norman says:

I agree. I think Shore is trying to be as openly optimistic as he can, but realizes that his story line bombed badly with the public.
      He won’t come out and admit that, though.

Beyond that, The interview doesn’t address a couple of real questions.

1) If he wanted Lisa Edelstein back so much and Fox wants the show for another season, then it is interesting why she is gone.

Did Shore (who is (supposedly) a big influential producer of a top rated show) drop his guts and fail to stand up to some of his bosses and call their bluff, or was there some type of other things “that were beyond his control. Chuck Lorre doesn’t seem to have troubles like this.

2) As I’ve stated on related posts, It is going to be interesting how Shore explains how House (a committed felon with a history of mental illness resulting from vicodan addition) is going to walk out of prison and still maintain a medical license, much less a position as a department head at a major hospital?
      Of course, to David Shore, these are little issues that viewers will simply ignore or not even think about.

• Zoey says:

I can’t say why Lisa Edelstein left, and we’ll probably never know. Given what the character has suffered through the last few seasons and particularly the last, I wouldn’t be surprised if she indeed left for personal reasons, but that’s just me.

House returning to PPTH as a doctor could make sense IF they put Wilson in the position of the dean. Chase would hire him back too if he was dean, but Chase is very unlikely to be offered the position. If they do, there won’t be much tension because Chase is pretty much okay with everything House, and he thinks alike. He would probably act just the same as House as a doctor so why bother. Wilson, OTOH, is still House’s friend, but has also seen him driving through Cuddys living room. It might be an interesting change of dynamics between the two.

I, for one, am positive that S8 is going to be much better than the last. It can’t get much worse. With OW practically gone and less romance, the show might get its strenght back, which was character exploration right from day one. For all the haters out there, please stop watching the show, or at least refrain from mocking and fretting the people who create an amazing show on a weekly basis. This alone deserves some respect. If they don’t do it your way, it’s bad, but it’s in their control and not the fans.

• Jay says:

I’m with you Zoey. I do believe Lisa left for personal reasons. No one advocated for the show more than she did, so i don’t really believe it was about the money at all. She prob got sick of the way everything was written & played out, so took the out. Sadly…..because she was one of my main reasons to absolutely love this show. It seems to me that DS gets rid of all the women. Lisa is gone, Olivia won’t be on much, Masters is gone, Jennifer gone……Taub is the one i wouldn’t have missed at all (Mr. Studley)…I wish somehow Lisa could be talked into coming back but i’m sure that isn’t going to happen. Lisa had a once in a lifetime role; i wish she would have stuck it out anyhow to the end, but maybe that’s the gist of it, she don’t want to have to deal with the ending so actually the way season 7 ended was a perfect out for her. Will miss you Lisa~~hope to see you in some other show & some movies.

15. Miriam says:

“And we feel strongly on the show that actions have consequences” Yes like the time when Chase kill that dictator I dont remember his name…
    I’m done with Shore lies. I hope that Lisa stay away from this show or her job in The Good Wife would be permanent.

• Cal says:

There were personal consequences for Chase: His holier-than-thou-hypocrite ex-wife left him, he had to deal with the fact that she never loved him, and he went off the rails by sleeping around. What more do you need? If he should have ended up in jail then you’re watching the wrong show. That episode arc with the African dictator was one of the best, nerve-racking and most daring they’ve ever done, IMO.

I’m glad 13 won’t be around much if at all, she never got to me and is cold and boring. I’d like to see how they’re going back to basics. The original cast is terrific, and if the writers give them something better to do than the garbage last season, I’m all for it. Glad that 13/Chase might not be an option anymore. That would be just awful.

• Sharona says:

If he’d actually been written as off the rails, that might have been fine. Instead it was treated as pretty much super happy fun times and played for nothing but comedy until a single scene at the end of the season. It also came so much later after Cameron left that it’s hard to see it as a consequence so much as how they thought single, swinging Chase would act.

Personally I would have preferred for Chase and Cameron to actually stay together and recover their marriage, just for a change. But that wouldn’t have fit into the show’s m.o. of making everyone miserable forever.

• dana says:

In some points i agree with you, Cal. To me 13 is somewhat boring and yes – cold… Cameron used to get a bit boring sometimes, but she was warm and more emotionally profound. I think the show needs the latter. Well, it’s not a surprise that Cameron didn’t love Chase – she was in love with House from the beginning. The writers could’ve given her better lines, however… I miss the original team.

• KaiK says:

Lisa is so good that House is not enough for her anymore, Cuddy is not enough, she needs something bigger: An arc, for 3 episodes! hahahahahahahaha

• Dani says:

Dude get a grip! A guest stint is nothing to be sniffed at… Aside from that Lisa’s made it clear in the past that she doesn’t want the hassle that comes with a leading role. It swallows months of your life at a time. So what if she goes from show to show? Often actors like a bit of variety after playing the same role for years.

You obviously don’t like LE or Cuddy. Fine, if everybody had the same tastes it would be a dull world. However to mock her because she’s now working on a show that has a growing audience and a number of Emmy nods is rather ridiculous, no matter how short her time there.

• ?? says:

“…doesn’t want the hassle that comes with a leading role.” Also, “doesn’t want the money, stability, security, fame, recognition…” Need I go on? Loada crap, babe.

• Sharona says:

Actually she totally missed pilot season, so it’s not like there would be lead roles around. If she ended up doing anything like that it would definitely have to wait for another TV season (and get from the pilot phase to series…).

And heck, maybe she concluded that she had plenty of money. She worked for years as an actress for far less and it’s not like she needs college funds for anyone.

• Dani says:

Yup I’m pretty sure she’ll not be starving any time soon…

16. A says:

I’m so excited for season 8 :) As long as season eight is better than season seven was, I’d love for there to be a ninth season.

17. me says:

hope that there’s more Wilson in season 8 than there was in 7

18. Jack says:

The return of Cuddy in the finale? Nobody in RL wants to bump into their ex. Don’t ruin the anticipation of a good finale by threatening to dredge up Huddy fail again.

19. Serena says:

“We also wanted to play with the notion of how much does he feel a sense of responsibility [over what happened]. He would never admit it but it’s there”
    Cuddy was so horrified by his act that she decided to erase him from her life: it’s hard to imagine how House can’t be strongly affected by it.

20. Sam says:

Huddy and Cuddy are the reasons I gave up on House, I don’t want her back, I hope they won’t ruin the finale with the huddy crap.

• Teresa says:

Same here.

• trollsbegone says:

I understand that English is not your first language, but could you please copy and paste something new? If you want to troll properly, at least get inventive. Reading the same line from the same person in every article is quite tiring and reinforces the opposite point of view.

• huddysareannoying says:

If you read the same things so many times is because a lot of people feel that way. Also I think that season 7 ratings and the lack of interest for the huddy and Cuddy arc speak out loud!

• @huddysareannoying says:

There is nothing wrong with people feeling a certain way about certain arcs and freely expressing it, but watching the same troll pasting the same phrase from article to article is beyond ridiculous. And yes, I know it’s the same person.

Ratings plummeted down midseason, in the beginning they were consistent with the natural progression of the series in its seventh season, check your facts. Then wait for the next season, you’d be up for a big surprise.

• Amber says:

Also, while Sam’s post is not particularly eloquent, I see nothing to indicate he/she is unfamiliar with English. There are several posts with more errors and more ridiculous points of view for you to attack. Chill.

21. Scarlett says:

Great interview. I love where it sounds like their going for season 8… can’t wait!

22. sara says:

I SHIP SHORE

23. Annika says:

I am certainly looking forward to a new season of House without Cuddy and the dead weight that is Thirteen.

At first I had a “wtf” moment when I heard the casting of Yi, but I think she will inject a fresh, interesting flavor to the show.
    I just hope Annable wont be another Olivia Wilde and suck the energy from every scene she is in.

24. Serena says:

“Getting back to the fundamentals of these medical cases and these character cases”
    My question is: are they still capable to write good medical cases? The fact they want to refocus on clinic is not enough, cause the general level of writing has undoubtely degenerated in ANY aspect of the show. It’s quite ingenuous to think they’ll magically write brilliant medical cases just because this or that character is not around anymore

• Jill says:

I’ve lost faith that they can get back to the good medical stories because they don’t seem to know where they went wrong. (Hint: when they started focussing on the soap opera of Huddy and Thirteen instead of medical cases.)

Shore said the same thing last year — that they were going to go back to the medical case and ethical dilemmas — and they blew it and wasted Martha because House ran over her with a steam roller every time she brought up an ethical issue. The only character who ever drove an ethical storyline was Cameron and when they got rid of her, the well-balanced ethical questions ended. Dibala was the last one.

Getting rid of Cuddy opens the door to more medicine but I think Shore and the writers have forgotten how to do it. Yi will be as wasted as Kal Penn was.

25. Maire says:

Shore killed my love for the show and for House and Cuddy last season. There are no reasons left for me to watch. To be honest i prefer Lisa to stay away so I don´t need to come back to watch this big mess. Not even for one episode.

26. Anne says:

I’m happy 13 is leaving too!!! UUUUUUUU! That’s great!!!

27. Antonny says:

Life is about change… Lisa decided to leave. Now he can’t stop working because of her, he has Hugh Laurie and that is enough!

28. Josh says:

Focus on House! Focus on House! Focus on House! Focus on House! Focus on House! Focus on House! Focus on House! Focus on House!

I can’t wait!!! :-)

29. Kerry says:

I think the smartest way Shore can go about promoting the show is to just shut his mouth. Every time he speaks I find myself less and less interested in actually watching season 8 and seeing him try to dig the show out of the grave he’s buried it in.

30. LIZ says:

ERROR AT YOUR SHORE

31. Robert says:

While last year I would have been thrilled to hear DS say that they were going to “focus on House” more (instead of you know, barely skimming the surface of his relationship with Cuddy, and focusing on Taub and his ability to impregnate the masses), the season 7 finale turned House into a character I know longer recognize nor care for. So I’m not really interested in learning more about the House who is capable of almost killing 5 people and feeling no remorse.

• No argument here says:

I know. I woke up nauseous one morning in May and thought maybe Taub had knocked ME up!

• Brittney says:

LOL it is a valid concern. All women need to be aware of Taub’s super!sperm and its ability to permeate through all barriers (including TV screens). We may have an epidemic here!

32. M H says:

I would like Cuddy to come back for the finale. With that said I didn’t mind the House/Cuddy relationship, but I think that the writers didn’t really know what to do with it, not necessarily because of the House character and his refusal to change but more because of Cuddy’s character and her inability in the relationship to accept House for who he is unconditionally. It’s more like during that entire relationship that she always had one foot out the door and that’s what made that element on the show very weak and not quite believable. I guess it’s more of the case where I liked the build up to the relationship, and the idea of the relationship itself between the two characters, but not the actual execution of it.

The main problem though that I see with ever getting Cuddy back for the finale is that I get the feeling that Edelstein left the show because of her close proximity to issues of women’s rights, what with her vocal support for a woman’s right to choose whether or not she wants an abortion. I get the feeling that Edelstein probably thought that it would be wrong for Cuddy, as an educated woman and a feminist, to ever go back to working with House after what he did to her and her family in the season finale. And in that light I can’t say that I blame Edelstein for leaving the show. No woman, fictional or real, should ever put up with somebody who has made it abundantly clear that they could blow up at them at any moment and cause them, and others they love, great bodily harm.

33. Fido says:

“Things happened at the end of last season that I wasn’t happy about and I hadn’t planned for” – is this referring to actors upping + leaving without giving the writers and other ptb any kind of notice ? If so then that does leave a bitter taste. Feels like the actors flicking the fans the v-sign as their car pulls out of the driveway. Why not give some advanced warning so their storyline can be brought to a natural end rather than brought abruptly to a stop. – or am I getting this all wrong ?

btw: I guess with Olivia not around, so goes my hope of a Chase13 combo. :(

• Carol says:

I think Shore is referring to the inane refusal of the suits at Fox and NBCU to come up with the money to pay LE at least the same amount she had earned last season. This short-sighted and foolish stance by the money-grubbers left LE with only one self-respecting option:walk. She definitely made the right move, on my opinion.

Once again, Shore is saddled with the consequences of letting the money people make decisions which effect the creative side of the operation. He was forced by the suits to inject the preposterous Vogler arc in season one and now he is likewise being forced to re-imagine the fundamental structure of his show by the financial imperatives of the business executives. Bad way to run a show.

34. Haley says:

Bring back Cameron!!! I miss her so much, there’s a warmth that’s missing from the team with her gone.

• nitemar says:

I wouldnt mind seeing her around, but not Jennifer Morrison, the actress has a new gig. Let her be and wish her well.

• Pat says:

Cameron added things to the show that have never been duplicated (the warmth being one; caring for the patients and her belief in the ethically right thing to do are others).

Shore never should have dropped her from main status at the end of season 3. The show hasn’t been as good same since.

• quincejoy says:

Pat and Haley, I agree with you completely… Cameron was unique, had emotional depth and a special chemistry with House. But the reality is JMo has her new projects ahead, and I truly wish her all the luck in the world – she deserves it. It wasn’t her choice to leave the show. She had to move on… If possible, I’d like to see her in some episodes of House! Producers ruined her character totally unnecessarily… so they could make the good thing out of it, finally!

35. Josh says:

OMG Lisa Edelstein is perfect and she is right, definitely. I don’t know what happened but I’m sure she is right as always. OMG! How stupid I am, bla bla bla.
    Go Shore!

36. Lucy says:

If yhis is going to be the last season, I’d like to see LE coming back for a guest appearance. I think Shore is oriented to end the series in a very sad and dramatic way, so it would be touching to have Cuddy back, just to tell House she doesn’t hate him and/or she has forgiven him

• Hadra says:

It would be great to have the OT3 together at the end! ;-)

• tahina says:

I agree. House will self destruct, and he is heading that way in full speed. Will not like to see Lisa coming back for such dramatic, tragic ending though. Catch 22! :(

37. Danny says:

People fight, laugh, but it is so sad: Lisa leaving the show after 7 years. I’m not a Huddy but the way it happened was so odd, so sad. I’m not happy at all and I think Lisa and the House’s cast are not happy either. I would love to see Lisa again with the cast, and Jennifer, I would love to see the original cast at the very end together again.

• Fiona says:

Seriously, how many shows do you see with this kind of attrition rate? Sounds like an unpleasant place to work. Your bosses get pissed that you broke off an engagement with a co-worker—- both get demoted for several years. It was so transparent and ugly. I can only imagine how the work place feels right now with all the abrupt changeover.

• Res ipsa says:

And lets not forget that nasty little sexual harassment suit against “House” and FOX that cropped up last year…

• I'd forgotten about that says:

That’s right! There was a harassment claim on “Bones,” too, right about the same time, wasn’t there? Maybe that’s why Lisa Edelstein got hosed. FOX had to fork out the big bucks to the REAL talent.

38. Colonel Sanders says:

I actually never had a problem with Huddy, they were inevitable since the show started, it was only matter of time. I think the way the writers handled Huddy was wrong. I would like to see LE in the series finale, she IS apart of the show. More or less. I also wouldn’t mind to see house “happy”. .I think. I don’t think this season will be House’s last, but then again I think it all depends on how viewers are receptive to House this season. 8 seasons is pretty damn good, theres nothing I hate more than a show that out stays it welcome (like 90% of shows on ABC). Even though I’m sure Hugh wanted that Emmy. Darn.

• Gaby says:

I agree! They didn’t know how to handle with Huddy and it was bad, bad done. I’d love to see Lisa again at the show. She and Hugh are great together. ;-)

• Amarantha says:

Repeating at every opportunity that “Huddy is inevitable” does not make it so. Huddy was a choice – David Shore’s choice as a producer – and he just uses the word inevitable to deny any responsiblity for the choice he made. Last season his choice cost House one third of their viewers. He should own his decisions.

• Hyacinth says:

I agree that “Huddy” was NOT inevitable. That’s like saying that Bensen and Stabler had to hook up on SVU because they had chemistry. You never have to put characters together unless you WANT to do it.

• Right on! says:

Good analogy, Hyacinth. There are a lot of Benson/Stabler shippers out there, but thank God Dick Wolfe turned a deaf ear. And now that show is going into its, what, 12th season?

• Declan says:

Benson and Stabler were never ever going to get together. 1) His character is married. 2) It didn’t go with the staple of the show and 3) The writers and actors were aware of how much chemistry Chris and Mariska had and I think they played with the idea of a hookup when Chris’ character Elliot was in the process of getting a divorce, but it was just a little cat and mouse. 4) Delusioned fans who cant realize L&O isnt some cheesy soap opera like Desperate Houswives came up with that eccentric ship. 5) Benson and Stabler were a horrible counter example, dude.

• Hyacinth says:

1) When has marriage been an obstacle on any show? 2) I have no clue what you mean. 3) Since TPTB over at SVU have the good sense to know that putting main characters together is not always a good thing – in spite of pressure from demanding shippers – it stands to reason that other intelligent showrunners should be able to do the same. 4) No, SVU isn’t a “cheesy soap.” Neither was House until Huddy and all its convoluted baggage reared its ugly head. 5) I stand by my use of SVU as an example of shows that do NOT have to put the main characters in a relationship, and as an example of how a male and female character can have a great relationship without ending up in the sack. And,Declan, I’m not a “dude.”

• Declan says:

1) True, but infidelity between partners has never happened on any of the L&O franchise, its just isn’t what the show is about or what it wanted to display.
            2) I meant ‘it isn’t the premise of the show’.
            3) Thats true, but overshadowed by the fact that Elliot and Olivia were never going to hookup or “get together”. Everyone knows it was a fantasy to imagine those two characters together because if it wasn’t a sexual tension thing, then Elliot would of had a guy partner.
            4) There was nothing wrong with Huddy but how it was handled. It was written all wrong and happened all wrong. It was obvious House and Cuddy were going to get together. Matter of fact all relationships on House are all wrong. Thirteen and Foreman, Taub and his women, Chase and Cameron, Cameron and House (ew), all of these pairings are written wrong or shouldn’t have happened.
            5) I wouldn’t use SVU as an example because E&O were never going to end up in the sack, ever. It would mess up the show, completely. But your opinion, I’m trying to think of another show were someone has great chemistry but dont get together. (No luck).
            6) Sorry, Dudette.

• Shore v Jacobs says:

Whose bone-headed idea was “Huddy,” anyway? Some say Shore, others say Jacobs. Still others say Lisa Edelstein campaigned for it. And Hugh Laurie says that he just does what he’s told (his wife sure trained him well, didn’t she?).

• What are you smoking? says:

Correction: Breaking up Huddy in a way that was totally OOC and badly written lost House a third of its viewers.

• Kit says:

House had 20 millions of viewers when huddy wasn’t on, then we had the huddy premiere with 10 millions. Also even after the huddy break up we had to deal with huddy. Huddy was the death kiss for the show

39. *SIGH* says:

The most confused and delusional people in all of television: David Shore, Ryan Murphy and Chuck Lorre.

40. Gabi says:

Just give House and Wilson a few bromance scenes and I’ll be happy.

I’m way too stubborn to give up on House, but seriously. It’s past it’s time. There’s only so much you can do with the basic plot and the character. If season seven doesn’t turn out to be the last one, it will definitely suck.

41. done says:

This interview failed to win me back as a viewer. Shore still doesn’t get it. Last season delivered a slap in the face to anyone who’s been invested in the character of House for seven years. Giggles and forced half-assed confessions won’t make it right. It feels like I am in an abusive relationship myself, with TPTB, and the only way to end it is to flee, just like Lisa E did. I won’t be watching House anymore, even in reruns, and sure as hell will make a special effort to avoid Shore and Co’s projects in the future.

42. Sapo says:

David Shore I’ll give you one last chance.

43. Tara says:

Signing back LE for a final season next year would be a terrific way for the show to end in season nine. Otherwise, I hope they put us all out of our misery by making this season the last one. Free Hugh Laurie to pursue his music in peace.

• Jay says:

Amen to that Tara!!! I think they could cancel House now; the way it ended would be a fitting ending, don’t you think? House finally went over the edge & either sits in prison or ended up in a mental institution; our choice to ponder. For me, Lisa leaving is the final straw. First Jennifer, now Lisa?? And Olivia (for the life of me i don’t understand all the women haters on here), she won’t be on much either. Oh yeh, i want to see more of Mr. Studley, Taub…….(barf). I’ll watch House but i don’t think i will like it anymore. I liked the women, they all worked well together to make a good show.

44. Fabio says:

I want some clinic patients!!!!!! And Hugh playing some pianos and/or guitars.

45. Devanir says:

Bring LE back for the last episodes!

46. Helen says:

I will miss Cuddy but I’m going to watch. :-)

47. Sara says:

I guess we should surmise that if DS, Fox & Universal wants a S9 then they must have an idea that Hugh is willing to sign for another season. My impression that he would be done to pursue other interests must be wrong.

• Gloria says:

Your impression isn’t wrong. Hugh wants to be done with it. No way he comes back. That doesn’t mean they wouldn’t entertain the idea of a season 9 without him. I know. Don’t laugh. ;)

48. Sara says:

I would love to see Lisa Edelstein back on the show. Huddy obviously is dead but I did love seeing House and Cuddy interact with each other even when they weren’t romantically linked. I think Hugh and Lisa have great chemistry together and LE created a character with a nice balance of intellect, sympathy and humor. I hope the day comes when she can make her way back to the series. It sounds like they would welcome her with open arms.

49. Iliana says:

House has always been about deeper feelings. It was never just complex medical cases which House solves by looking at a picture, piece of furniture or the sound of rain drops. It has been about him coping with the loss of Stacy, his ability to walk normally, all the stuff with Cuddy. Hos coming mechanism is misery. Yes, Huddy was written badly, but this show is going on a downward spiral. I will continue to watch House, because I’m curious and because it’s been my favourite show forever. It’s a sad story though.

50. Caio says:

They’re lucky to have Hugh Laurie.