TVLine Items: Osbourne Stops Talking, Snooki Flirts with DWTS, OLTL Vets Return, and More

The Talk will have to prattle on without Sharon Osbourne, who has been granted permission to go on sabbatical from the CBS daytime show in order to spend more time with her rock star spouse, Ozzie.

“I’ve kept it no secret that I really miss my husband,” Osbourne told AOL TV. “He gets a break [from his tour] at the end of September” — when The Talk returns from summer vacay with fresh episodes — “and so I’ve asked [the show] for a little break so I can be with him.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well….

* Sources tell Us Magazine that Jersey Shore‘s Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi) is in talks to join the cast of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, which debuts its 13th cycle on Sept. 19. Also rumored to be on the reality hit’s radar are Rob Kardashian (Who?! Oh, the kid brother of Kim), Mike Tyson, and R&B singer Christina Milian.

* John Loprieno and Andrea Evans (aka Cord and Tina) and set to return to One Life to Live in September, a few months before the ABC sudser’s January 2012 broadcast finale, Soap Opera Digest reports.

* VH1 Classic is airing “MTV30 On VH1 Classic,” a three-day tribute to MTV beginning Saturday, July 30 at 6 am EST. On tap for the 30th-anniversary retrospective are MTV’s first original hour of programming (to air Sunday at midnight), clips from series such as Remote Control, YO! MTV Raps and Beavis and Butt-Head, and classic VJ segments featuring the likes of J.J. Jackson, Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Martha Quinn and Alan Hunter. And why is VH1 Classic hosting this? Because heaven forbid MTV proper doesn’t air that 11teenth repeat of My Sweet Jersey Teen Mom.

* TV Land has set a Nov. 30 premiere for its latest original sitcom, The Exes, starring Kristen Johnston (3rd Rock from the Sun) as a divorce attorney who brokers a living arrangement between three divorced gents played by Donald Faison (Scrubs), Wayne Knight (Seinfeld) and David Alan Basche (The Starter Wife).

* Speaking of TV Land: The cable has also has renewed the Fran Drescher-fronted Happily Divorced for a second, 12-episode season, to premiere in 2012. To date, the series is averaging 2.2 million weekly viewers.

* Animal Planet has renewed Finding Bigfoot for a second 10-episode season, Variety reports. In its freshman run, the show averaged 1.2 million total viewers per episode and, I presume, never found Bigfoot.

* IFC will marathon the first eight-episode season of the original Australian version of the comedy series Wilfred on Sunday, July 31, starting at 12 noon ET. Both the Aussie sitcom and the U.S. adaptation (airing Thursdays on FX) star Jason Gann in the title role.

Which of today’s TVLine Items has you talking?

Comments (25)

• Cord and Tina!!!!

Comment by april-ann – July 21, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if this has anything to do with the awkward apology Sharon had to make on Tuesday for laughing about the man whose penis was cut off last week. Actually, she barely apologized. Leah Remeni more or less apologized on her behalf. And the Chenbot did not look happy when she tossed it to Sharon to make her sorta-pology. Great awkward TV moment!

Comment by TV Gord – July 21, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder if she laughed when hers was cut off……
      Just kidding!………kinda….. ;-)

Comment by Mr.Furley – July 21, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BTW, Andrea Evans was gawdawful in her recent return to OLTL, so my expectations are set very, very low.

Comment by TV Gord – July 21, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, but….Cord and Tina!!!!

Comment by april-ann – July 21, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! Okay, I’ll give you that.

Comment by TV Gord – July 21, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t Andrea Evans on B&B? She is just one soap hopper, isn’t she? And what a lousy actress (sorry AE fans, but she is really over the top with no sense of nuance). I met her once in the mid-80s when she was on OLTL and I was living in NYC. Very nice (and very petite…except for the hair) but not the best actress around.

Comment by dan – July 21, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • From what I read, she’s staying on B&B..her return to OLTL will be brief. And yeah she’s not the most subtle of actresses but in Tina’s heyday, she was perfect in that particular part.

Comment by Buffy Freak – July 21, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I blame the writers for Tina’s last unwatchable return to OLTL. She was stuck with that stupid Mendorra retread story with Carlo, Antonio and Christian. I think she had exactly one scene with Viki and none with Todd….

Comment by Buffy Freak – July 21, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wayne Knight again???? Enough already. He’s played a version of his Seinfeld character in everything he’s done since.

Comment by Lori – July 21, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No mention of a little 3rd Rock reunion between him and Kristen? I’m SO excited for her series. She’s just amazing.

Comment by Steven – July 21, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would tend to disagree with you. See Torchwood. But you’re entitled to your opinion. The cool thing about the internet is that you’re never anonymous and the person you’re trashing is watching. Thanks, Lori.

Comment by Wayne Knight – July 29, 2011 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GH’s Bradford Anderson or Brandon Barash should be on DWTS.

Comment by amb – July 21, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, they could push their band Port Chuck! Bradford and his wife welcomed their daughter Monday!!

Comment by Amanda – July 21, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Im sooo happy Cord and Tina are returning to OLTL!!!!

The Talk is just a mess. This is the garbage thats replacing our soaps.

Comment by chris – July 21, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Snooki is on DWTS, this is one loyal fan that will bow out.

Comment by Melinda – July 21, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right, Snookie AND Mike Tyson are enough to make me not watch this next DWTS.

Comment by Sue – July 21, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The Talk returns from summer vacay with fresh episodes”

Can ANY episodes of “The Talk” really be considered “fresh?”
    Same goes for the rest of the day-old daytime blab.
    Same-old, same-old- just more of the same.
    Americans may be gluttonous- but not for this slop.
    I suspect even the premier of The Chew to be quite stale.

Comment by Mr. Furley – July 21, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Another site published a story the other day that Sharon wanted to quit “The Talk” because she and the Chenbot don’t get along (and as long as the Chenbot is married to CBS Prez she’ll be the queen of the show). Today it’s announced that Sharon is taking some time off to be with Ozzie. Then I heard (again, on another site) that Sharon admitted she may return to “The Talk” at a reduced capacity. Things don’t look good for that show…first Marissa Jarot Winokur left after only a few months and now Sharon is semi-jumping ship. Stay tuned…

Comment by dan – July 21, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If that’s really the cast for DWTS this season, I’ll pass on this one.

Comment by Cindy – July 21, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, that was the first thought that popped into my head. I have no interest in Snooki, that Kardashian kid or Mike Tyson. Christina Millan is okay, but has never really been on my radar.

Comment by Poppy – July 22, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [Sigh.] Dina Lohen, Snooki, and a Kardashian on DWTS. [Sigh.] I think the show’s producers must hate me. [Sigh.]

However…this horrible news was made better by the news of the return of Andrea Evans and John Loprieno to OLTL. Tina falling in love with adorable cowboy Cord was the whole reason I started watching the show in the first place. Yep, I’ve been a loyal fan of watching the show since the age of 12 on summer breaks, sick days, and holidays since the 80s! =) Going strong until the end! And then when it goes online…well….we’ll see. It just depends on what they do with it.

Comment by Amber – July 21, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited for all of the OLTL returns. The next few months are getting pretty exciting for the show.

Comment by ThePit – July 21, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Snookie & the gang would be perfect fot a DWTS spin-off-
    DTing with the Stars!!!:0 ;)

Comment by Mr. Furley – July 21, 2011 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post