Cheesy Poofs for everyone! Comedy Central has renewed South Park for at least two more installments, bringing its epic run through Season 17 and the year 2013.The latter, seven-episode half of the outrageous animated series’ 15th cycle is set to resume Oct. 5, EW.com confirms.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Former Dexter love-nut (we’ll just call her Crazy Lila) Jaime Murray will recur on The CW’s Ringer this fall, TVGuide.com reports, playing a sexy business associate of Sarah Michelle Gellar’s on-screen hubby, Ioan Gruffudd. The gig also stands to reunite Murray with her onetime Valentine costar Kristoffer Polaha (who plays SMG’s illicit lovah on the freshman thriller).
• After 12 years with CBS TV Studios, CSI creator Anthony Zuiker is jumping ship. The esteemed EP, along with his production company, has landed a three-year first-look deal with ABC Studios, effective immediately. Though Zuiker plans to stay in touch with his Crime Scene cohorts, he will mainly focus his energies on new projects.
• Camelot alum Liam Cunningham has been cast in Season 2 of Game of Thrones as fan favorite character, Davos Seaworth, EW.com reports, while George R.R. Martin’s blog reveals that veteran actor Oliver Ford Davies will play Maester Cressen. Earlier this week, the HBO series added Dutch actress Carice van Houten (Repo Men) as Melisandre, a mysterious and seductive sorceress, and Stephen Dillane (John Adams) as Stannis, a strong contender for the iron Throne.
• Ryan Seacrest is joining forces with Bravo on a new docu-series, Shahs of Sunset, that follows the lives of young, rich Persian-Americans living in Los Angeles.
• EW.com reports that Discovery Channel has ordered Weed Wars, a new docu-series set at the country’s largest medicinal marijuana facility, Oakland’s Harborside Health Center.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?