'Dream On' Vs. 'Faithfully'! 'Songbird' Vs. 'Firework'! Glee's Best Tourney Continues!

You can’t really send a “Songbird” up into the sky at the same times as a “Firework”: The results would be horrific. A similar either/or proposition awaits in the final third-round matchups of TVLine.com’s Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament.

Glee Shocker: Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chris Colfer Not Returning For Season 4

Yes, folks, we’re only one day away from the start of our quarterfinals, but before we get there, we’ve still got some whittling down to do. In one poll, you’ve got to choose between classic Finchel and a legendary pairing of Mr. Schue and his frenemy Bryan Ryan. In the other, it’s a showdown between Rachel Berry and her frequent sparring partner Santana Lopez.

Today’s polls are tough ones, but alas, it’s the only way to determine which song-and-dance interlude ranks at No. 1 in the two-season history of Fox’s smash high-school dramedy.

Every day around 4:00 p.m. ET over the next couple of weeks, we’ll launch a new set of bouts that will have you mentally humming your favorite Glee moments and anxiously wondering how in the heck you’re gonna decide between ’em. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

And if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

1. Roger says:

Easy one for me! Well I mean kinda I do love “dream On” but I enjoyed faithfully better and I just love Lea Michele’s voice in Firework soo yeah

• L. says:

The same. I chose Faithfully because it meant more since it was the regionals and because I want to see New Directions kids win this contest (don’t get me wrong, I love NPH). I chose Fireworks because Lea Michele made it even better than Katy Perry’s and because it was sung as a symbol for Rachel’s closure with her relationship with Finn.

• F says:

It was a really easy choice between Faithfully and Dream On – Finn and Rachel make an obnoxious Journey song into a beautiful duet, whereas Will seems like an anteater on steroids in the Dream On episode.

Songbird vs. Firework is much harder, as Santana and Rachel are both two of my favourite characters on the show. I love that Firework came after the gutwrenching infirmary scene between Finn and Rachel, but as everyone has said, Santana’s emotions to Brittany in Songbird are felt so strongly. In all honesty, I don’t remember which one I ended up voting for.

2. Rusty McDonalds says:

I had to go with Faithfully (it was the begining of Finchel and well the end too), instead of Dream On. Dream On was just no, besides Mr. Schue’s voice is kinda grating, (he tries to hard for me). Oh, gosh I wish there was a ‘neither’ option for Firework and Songbird. Firework was overly produced and Songbird was not that good, I’m sorry Britana shippers, I need more than a cheesy rendition of a Fleetwood Mac song to give this one a win. Besides, Rachel always seems to be into a song no matter how horrible the song (ahem, Firework) while Santana always seems bored or like she’d rather be somewhere else. Firework, ftw?

• theveiledfairy says:

Are we watching the same show? The only time Santana isn’t all angsty or bitchy is when she’s singing in group numbers. She’s smiley and happy goofing off with everyone.

Songbird was really emotional. She was freaking crying as she was trying to convey how much she loves Brittany. She went out of her way to prepare a song and perform it for her. How does that translate to bored or like she’d rather be somewhere else?

• Rusty McDonalds says:

Seriously? People cry on Glee during a performance every week, how is Santana crying that week any different? Yeah, she tried to tell Brittany that she loved her, but then proceded to hide it because she’s ‘afraid’ what people will think, even though she has no problem telling everyone else’s buisness/secrets, how romantic right?
        And Santana has no emotion when she sings, she just dosen’t put herself out there like Rachel and Mercedes, Back to Black was boring, Valerie was interesting because people were dancing, Mercedes out shined her in River Deep, Mountain High. Please, give me a song where Santana brings the house down and I’ll eat my words.

• APersonWhoWatchesGlee says:

I guess haters gotta hate. Bitter much? I AGREE with theveiledfairy.

• theveiledfairy says:

It’s not necessarily any different from when others cry on the show while singing. I didn’t say that. I didn’t even mention anyone else.
          You said that she looks bored and like she doesn’t want to be there. I’m saying that the fact that she was crying means that she was obviously invested in what she was singing. And yes, that’s putting herself out there.
          And I think the fact that she doesn’t put herself out there as much as Rachel makes the few times when she does even more emotionally resonant.
          Also, it is pretty romantic for her to put herself out there like that. Are you gay? Have you ever tried to be out in a conservative hateful area? Because I have and it’s terrifying.

• Rusty McDonalds says:

Romantic? I’m not gay, so I don’t know the obstacles of someone, like “that”. Ha, she was putting herself out there, because she CRIED? Oh, please it was probally that water vapor stuff they use. I actually like Santana’s character its just I’m waiting for her to sing an amazing song, Songbird is not that, and its completely over rated just because someone cried and sang a song to their ‘lover’? Regardless of all that, the cover wasn’t great, its just getting votes from Britanna (however you spell it, whatever) shippers.

• Yep says:

So true!

• Alex says:

Oh wow! I have no words really….. Geez!

• Andrew says:

Songbird was one of the only highlights of a terrible season. The performance was incredibly heartfelt – it brought tears to my eyes while watching it. It is also one of the only performances I’ve ever purchased the MP3 for. I thought it was heartbreaking.

• Rusty McDonalds says:

Lol, heartfelt? Songbird added to a terrible season because it was a terrible rendition. It was so incredibly cheesy, Songbird was a forgetable cover but ‘saved’ because of them throwing Santana and Britney in it. Britanna was already convinceable, why the song? I feel like people want ‘Songbird’ to do what ‘Faithfully’ did for Finchel, and solidify them as a couple. Its an overated song, that I’m suprised is still in the rounds.

• APersonWhoWatchesGlee says:

OH MY GOODNESS. Really? Even the spelling of ‘Britney’ is so wrong. It’s BRITTANY. And what’s ‘Britanna’? UGH. It’s BRITTANA. Please know their spellings first before insulting anything about them.

• Yep says:

It just shows how much people beyond you shippers just do not care about those two.

• Rusty McDonalds says:

Oh, please. You knew what I meant, stop trying to be a smart ass, you silly fangirl. There are various ways to spell Britney, Brittany, whatever, tomato tamato. Who cares how their names are put together? I’ll get it right when they actually become a couple. Deal.

• gleekygleek says:

Rusty McDonalds Everyone is against you so just stop! Santana’s rendition of ‘Songbird’ was one of the best, most believable pefomances of the season. Brittana is endgame and Santana’s voice is perfection. The song itself is beautiful and you obviously don’t recognise a great song when you hear it!!

• ricky says:

How mad are you that the song you wanted to win is getting curb stomped? Holy hell, just cry more because you’re a sore loser and make up stupid reasons why Songbird should have lost, yeah.

• Andrew is Rad says:

Preach. Songbird was one of the most moving things to ever be on Glee. Haters gonna hate.

• F says:

3. othfan says:

easy round!

4. Stacie says:

I mean Firework was good, but the sentimental and moving words behind Songbird make it an easy choice for me. Lea Michele has one of the best voices on the show, no doubt, but Firework is a mixed bag. It was decent, it’s fun, but you have to look at what’s behind the song. I mean Songbird has Santana professing her love to Brittany in the most beautiful way, Firework doesn’t have that kind of emotional sentimentality to it. Plus in 2 seasons this was Naya Rivera’s best solo, and Heather Morris’ reaction to being sung that song was spot on perfect. Songbird should win this round.

• Carrie #2 says:

THIS. I think Songbird should win this round hands down. So gorgeous and emotional. I have no idea why Firework has made it this far, it’s a carbon copy of the original.

• Grace says:

I agree with you SO HARD! I’m kind of hoping this is a case of people voting for the singer rather than the song, because I’d be really sad if people actually thought Firework was a higher quality song than Songbird is. It’s like, well actually it’s kind of like the difference between a firework and a songbird – one is a showy spectacle of autotune and computerized sound and the other is simply pure, natural beauty and talent.

5. ErixN says:

I don’t understand why Firework has made it this far. It’s a generic cover. Sad to see that it’s beating Songbird.

• Morgan says:

While I enjoy both, I think Firework might be winning because it was a good use of storytelling through song.
      Santana sings Songbird and it’s absolutely amazing, but we all ready knew she had feelings for Brittany. When Rachel sings Firework she’s evolving as a character, and saying that she loves herself and that she didn’t need Finn anymore. Which, in my opinion, was something I wish carried on a little bit longer.

• ErixN says:

Well, in that case… Rachel continued to sing songs about how she didn’t need Finn in her life anymore. I think this song solidified the downfall of the Rachel and Finn pairing.

6. Kay says:

I really didn’t like Lea’s cover of Firework. I thought it sounded kinda awful. Songbird was really good, so it gets my vote.

Also Faithfully.

7. Taylor says:

I’m probably in the minority on this one. Songbird is one of the best vocals on the show. I love listening to it! Watching the scene makes me tear up because of the emotion behind it. I really don’t see what made Firework so special :/
    Faithfully was good, but Dream On was just sweet. That scene was two guys rocking out to a classic Aerosmith song. I mean, who wouldn’t want to do that?

8. Laurie says:

Firework isn’t Lea’s best solo, but it’s better than the original. On the other hand Songbird isn’t nearly as good as the original or other covers to I vote for Firework. I don’t like Finchel, but Faithfully was really good so I have to vote for that as much as it pains me.

• Kari G says:

I agree 100% with this comment. I don’t think Firework is anything special but it’s decent enough. Songbird on the other hand, although technically sung well, pales in comparison to other versions (especially Eva Cassidy’s). So for me I had to go with Firework as well as Faithfully.

• Ryan says:

I agree. Santana’s songbird doesn’t even come close to Eva Cassidy’s version. I was really disappointed in it.

9. Somebody says:

Easy peasy. Well compared to some other rounds. Firework and Faithfully. But Songbird is a very good song too.

10. Andi says:

Don’t worry, the slobbing Naya fangirls haven’t found this yet. I’m sure they’ll push Songbird through. Those fangirls scare me, I voted for Firework in the hopes that it’ll win and they will go away for awhile.

Other than that, Faithfully is sweet and works well as a duet. Plus Mr. Schu doesn’t sing in it. There’s my vote.

11. Jay says:

I like all these songs…
    But the first time I listened to Songbird (previewed online) I just wasn’t that moved, when I saw it preformed I liked it more but it reminds me that while the performance was good the song was only ok. I love Naya, but I prefer her powerful like when she sang Valerie. But as some people have mentioned once the Brittana shippers get here Songbird will shoot up. I enjoy the couple but not so much that I automatically love Songbird…
    Firework on the other hand is just fun to listen too, not the greatest song ever but a super fun song to play when driving or pumping out work, Lea just made it better. Plus the performance as all the Glee girls joined her was really moving for that moment when she’s trying to accept losing Fin.

Then Faithfully over Dream On, since I forgot about Dream On completely (even though I love HPH).

12. Gleek (nuff said) says:

Let’s face it. Lea Michele is gonna win this, whether we like it or not.

• at says:

I’m waiting anxiously for the bloody battle that it’s going to be when it’s DROMP vs. Songbird

• Jay says:

Good point. It will be interesting to see play out: Songbird is a beautiful moment for Brittana but DROMP is such a quintessential moment for the club and the show in general. That will be a blood bath.

• Lily says:

I agree, it will be a bloody battle. But I think DROMP is vocally superior to Songbird and is one of the best glee performances in my opinion. It basically solidified my love for glee. I hope it wins.

• Damien says:

Lea/Finchel fans vs. Naya/Brittana fans… interesting.

• Jay says:

It seems like Naya/Brittana fans are against everyone… Its like nothing else can be good if its not Brittana centric, look at how they took down Blackbird and I Want to Hold Your Hand and the comments that were made.

Actually it took Brittana fans to make Klaine fans less annoying, wonder what couple will do that for them.

• faberry ftw says:

Just wait ’til you see the Faberry shippers.

• Jay says:

faberry ftw, I *love* Faberry, every scene with them together makes me happy. But I don’t think faberry fans will have the chance to be crazy as the Brittana and Klaine shippers since they’ll never be a couple.
            So I take what I can get with them as frenemies, which in some ways is way more interesting because that relationship has so many more options than a high school romantic relationship does.

• chimi says:

In terms of crazy, Faberry shippers already have it in spades. They’re essentially Brittana shippers and Klaine shippers combined into one whole mess of crazy, and I say this as someone who ships all three.

• Laura says:

The comments by Brittana fans are ridiculous sometimes.
            They argued that Songbird was more emotional than I Wanna Hold Your Hand. I mean wtf? How is expressing your love for someone (a 2nd time) even comparable to nearly losing your father????

13. tyler says:

Glee sucks i hope it gets cancelled soon. Too gay

14. Gleedeprived says:

Firework wasn’t Rachel’s best performance. It was not as good as some other songs. And Songbird made me like Santana. So, on this one, I won’t vote for Lea Michele, though I really, really like her singing.

15. joe says:

Mark it down, at 5:30 EST the Nayabots got to work.

16. Naya Fangirl #2 says:

Songbird all the way. It was such an emotional moment. Beats Firework anyday hands down.

17. Jan says:

Both Songbird and Firework lost all meaning to them like 10 minutes after they sung them.

Santana brushes off Brittany after she declares her love and Rachel pins for Finn once again after singing her independence.

Neither is either singers best solo of the season either.

• raquel says:

It’s not the same. Santana was afraid, an internet talk show it’s not a good place to come out when you’re a teenager. And all she said in the song was that she loves Brittany, she didn’t said anything about coming out and telling everybody her feelings.

18. cheats says:

Now 5:40 EST in just 10 minutes the Nayabots have gained 2 point fo Firework.

19. theveiledfairy says:

I think Lea Michele did a fantastic job on Firework. It’s a great number and she sings it better than Katy Perry by a freaking landslide. But, it’s still Firework by Katy Perry.
    Songbird is one of my all-time favorite songs (I grew up on Fleetwood Mac) and I thought that Naya really brought something different to it. Her voice was really beautiful and her performance brought tears to my eyes. It was understated but still really emotional.
    It’s a tough one, because they’re very different songs, but I have to go with Songbird because it really resonated with me in ways that Firework didn’t.

20. Géraldine says:

Songbird of course!!! :-D Naya Rivera’s performance was great, vocally and emotionally ’cause this is maybe the 1st time she showed her emotions to someone she cares (and loves).
    I hope the this song will win definitively! :)

21. Amy says:

Brittana fans do love to spam polls don’t they. They’d do more if the bought the songs, because Naya’s solos don’t sell well. I think her voice is nice but average and I always like other versions more.

• Muireann says:

Excuse me? Songbird was the song from ‘Rumours’ that had the longest run on iTunes. It was still up there weeks after the episode aired, unlike I don’t know…Go Your Own Way for instance.

• eewww says:

lol. Lie, and in the end it still sold far less than GYOW, as most of her songs do.

• Laure says:

Songbird couldn’t even make the top ten and Go Your Own Way not only made the top ten, but stayed on the charts longer. Don’t just make things up. Nayarit has never had a solo make the top ten on iTunes.

• ricky says:

Sorry, what does that have to do with Naya? The more upbeat songs are popular, and obviously Rachel would get them because she’s the main character. Do you really not understand this or are you just high?

• Ryan M says:

Ok thats ridiculous. You dont get upbeat songs just cause your the main character. They got the songs that suited their storyline so you must be the one who’s high.
            Naya/Santana fans just need to accept that most Lea/Rachel songs do better cause she’s a more popular character and better singer, not cause she gets the upbeat songs.

• Christina says:

I dont ship brit/sanatana or love Naya. I just really love the song. So, it gets my vote easy.

22. Jeff says:

Firework and Songbird are pretty much a draw to be honest.

But when they spam her songs just becasue and they are not the best and they know it, it is sad.

I mean really say songbird makes it to the finale that can’t honesty think it is the best song of the past two seasons.

It isn’t even Naya’s best song.

• not biased just honest says:

I am a HUGE Naya fan, and I knew both songs before. I am indifferent about Firework, and I love Fleetwood Mac, but I thought that Naya pulled it off well enough to make me feel touched. It was one of my favorite songs before Glee, and then I felt that Naya just improved on it. Also, a factor could be is that I really don’t enjoy popular music like Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Eminem or whatever, so yes, in that way I am biased. However, if I did like Firework better, I would’ve voted for it. Don’t automatically assume that we spam polls because not all of us are alike.

23. Kelly says:

Lea Michele and Finchel!!!!

24. Ash says:

i don’t even see how firework could be in competition with songbird. i’m not saying that because i’m a brittana shipper, i’m saying that because naya has such a beautiful voice that she improved on the song somehow. i love lea michele, but firework was boring and generic. the emotion that was behind songbird was beautiful, she was telling her soulmate that she loves her in the most powerful way she could manage. it’s fairly obvious that the emotion both naya and hemo showed in that performance was real.

25. Jay says:

I don’t think she looked bored (Naya is a great actress), but I can see how that performance could seem pretty dull. I personally prefer song scenes with the whole cast present because then you get the juicy reaction shots.

Unless you’re a huge Brittana shipper then its just a scene with two people staring at each other. Personally I didn’t hate this scene, I thought it was ok, but it would have been stellar if this had been in front of more of an audience because then we’d have awesome reaction shots. Face it, you know you’d want to see ND react to Santana proclaiming her love for Brit, in a lot of ways this was a rehash of Landslide (Santana sad/crying while singing to Brit).

I do feel like the Brittana shippers are just the flip side of the Klaine coin: they spam any poll bringing down the other choice because it contains their favorite couple.

26. Allie says:

It was a for sure easy pick, as it has been this whole contest. Songbird hands down. Yes; I am a Naya and Santana fan, but no; that is not why I voted for it. When I first heard the released version before the episode I didn’t like it. In fact, I didn’t even finish listening to it before I turned it off. Then I saw the performance and ate all of the complaints about it because I have never seen more emotion conveyed into one song than Naya had in that song. That’s why I voted for it.

I could say that Firework sounded just like the original; horribly auto-tuned and just mechanic sounding. I could say that is definitely did not highlight Lea’s just-beautiful voice. But…well I guess I just said that. When you put Firework up against the emotional, heartfelt songs that Lea has done before, it doesn’t compare at all. Good luck, though.

27. Essa says:

People saying that Songbird was cheesy and prefering firework, what? Are we from the same planet? Firework is a cheesy piece of work written for Katy perry to try and claim it as an “Anthem” (in the same cheap manner Ke$ha claimed “We R Who We R” was written about the LGBT teen suicides) and while the LIVE rendition of it by Lea Michele is spectacular, the version on the show is a carbon copy.

Songbird on the other hand, I’ve had people listen to it, with no context, who don’t watch the show or have no particular allegiance to Brittana/Santana/Naya and they’ve all said the same thing: “That’s a beautiful song, it’s absolutely wonderful. It’s gorgeous. It’s lovely.” They all find it moving as well. So much I know someone who’s mare is expecting a foal to hopefully be a champion show horse and have decided to name it Songbird.

To me it’s a no-brainer.

28. kenny says:

i hate finchel, but faithfully is an obvious better duet. and excuse me, but what are you guys smoking? naya’s voice is GORGEOUS. i can honestly say i liked katy’s version of firework more. their’s sounded way over done. naya and finchel win this one for me.

29. Adam says:

Why is it that whenever one of us likes a Santana song or a Blaine song we get accused of being some robotic fanboys/girls who spam the polls? There is this assumption by some vocal posters that we should all be in love with Rachel’s voice and think Finchel is the best pairing EVER! The fact of the matter is, I find Lea’s voice one of my least favorite on the show because I find her shrill and grating, and I hate Finchel. But you know what? That’s okay. I can feel that way because we all have different tastes. I don’t care if you love Rachel or think DROMP is the best Glee song ever so don’t come down on me or anyone else for loving Santana’s rendition of Songbird or thinking that Dream On was way better than Faithfully. Sometimes my picks win the polls and sometimes they don’t, but let’s face it, Rachel fans, you are just as much fanboys/girls as the rest of us who power vote Rachel’s songs past every round so don’t attack the rest of us all the time for having different opinions.

• tim says:

• MonkeyRat says:

Thank you for this comment, Adam.

If people like Songbird better and vote for it, they’re automatically called “spambots”, “psycho fangirls”. Ugh. Like other fandoms don’t support their fave character / OTP, right… It’s just a website poll, why do some of you care that much if Naya fans come and support her? Geez. Haters gonna hate anyway.

Songbird hands down, because it was one of the most heartfelt songs of the whole show. Becaue it was one of the few songs that brought tears to my eyes. Because Naya’s voice does all kinds of things to me lol. And of course because her and HeMo’s reactions were so powerful that I felt like I was watching something really private. That’s how good they are in portraying Santana and Brittany.

I also voted Dream On because I like NPH’s voice, and because Finchel simply annoys me at that point. Rachel was so much better off alone. Too bad it was a Finchel duet, otherwise I would’ve voted for Rachel and not for that obnoxious Pedo!Will.

• Tim says:

You lost my whole respect when you said Rachel’s voice was shrill and grating. So now I don’t care for what you say. Everyone knows that Rachel has the best voice of glee. She is glee, at least the first season she was. Dromp is the best glee song and songbird is highly overrated. If Santana was not singing that song to Britney and it was only based on her voice, songbird would not be this far. Dromp on the other hand was epic and the range was incredible. So keep on denying Rachel’s great voice and live in your deluded Santana world. If I get flamed for this by the Santana bots I don’t care.

• Rachel says:

“Everyone” doesn’t know that – maybe I think “shrill and grating” was a bit harsh, but I prefer Dianna Agron over Lea Michele any day. She definitely IS Glee, you have it right there, but it’s because of Rachel’s character, not because she has “the best voice” by some unknown measure. She’s good, but we can all have our favorites. Naya is another underappreciated talent on the show, and I’m glad Songbird has made it this far. I just wasn’t impressed by Firework, especially considering some of Rachel’s other songs (Don’t Rain on My Parade, for one). Not trying to flame anyone, just pointing it out.

• MonkeyRat says:

I love both Rachel and Quinn, but I share your unpopular opinion.
          I like Dianna a lot more. She is too underrated, just like Naya. They have the voices I like the most in Glee club, along with Jenna (another underrated girl). Maybe they’re not the most technical ones, but they make me feel something, there’s something in their voices that I’m in love with. I don’t need someone hitting high notes to make me shiver, you know? I’d actually buy an album from Naya or Dianna.
          I’d kill to hear Dianna sing some Cardigans, especially Lovefool ^^

• bland choices tbh says:

Dianna’s voice is crappy and she’s not much of an actress. Naya’s voice is just okay. Jenna’s underrated. The other two are so overrated its hilarious.

• Alice says:

What a hater. Dianna has a very nice voice and I like her acting , she is a sweet girl too. Naya sings beautiful. And Lea Michele is an amazing singer! I love them. Lea, Dianna and Naya are the reason i watch this Kurt show.

• Adam says:

That’s okay Tim, you lost my respect a long time ago with your aggressive attacks on anyone who expresses interest in a song you don’t like or dares to criticize your beloved Rachel so your opinion doesn’t matter to me in the slightest. Again, I don’t care if you love Rachel/Lea, but be open minded enough to allow other people to have their own opinions. You think Songbird is overrated, I think it was beautiful and one of my season 2 faves. I think DROMP was only average and you think it was this amazing performance. Fair enough. Both sets of opinions can exist.

30. achele fan says:

songbird. i love lea but the way naya sung it was more memorable for me. Fireworks was nothing new to me.

31. tennis101 says:

brittana fandom, i love you!

32. Joann says:

Brittana fans ruined this whole thing with there spamming and cheating. Whatever. I don’t even care anymore.

• Terri says:

As if the Achele/Faberry shippers didn’t do the same thing in all the polls. They would even vote her cover of Miley Cyrus for best song.

• theveiledfairy says:

How is it cheating to get the word out? It’s not cheating to tell other fans that there is a Brittana-centric song in a competition and if people want to, they should go vote for it. It’s not cheating that more people honestly prefer Songbird over Firework. Everyone has their own taste and their own preferences for songs.

• muddcat says:

Oh please. I am a Brittana fan and I have not been cheating. I actually did prefer Songbird over Firework. But if Songbird went against I Feel Pretty/Unpretty or several other songs, then I would not vote for it. Sorry that your pick didn’t get through this time, but there are tons of other competitions. Go vote on the other polls instead of complaining about this one!

33. Steven :) says:

Finchel and Quick were always the only pairings I cared about. Until Santana sang Songbird I thought her entire storyline was going to be laughable. But Songbird has always been one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs (grew up with Mac obsessed parents lol) and she nailed it. It was one of my fave scenes of the season and made me really care about Brittana. Rachel’s my favorite ALWAYS but I still voted Songbird over Firework this round because even though Firework was fantastic (as all Lea songs are) it wasn’t, like, anything special or overly touching.

Oh and Faithfully over Dream On because, I mean, duh.

34. jj says:

songbird ofc! lea’s version of Fireworks was so awful and full of autotune. not to mention the song is really awful.

songbird was very meaningful and heartfelt. naya did a pretty good with the song. don’t care about either Faithfully and Dream on, but i chose Dream on just coz i love NPH

35. Alex says:

Wow! Scrolling down for less than a min to skim through the comments made my head spin! The Lea stans are on a mission, I see. Damn it! I can’t even vote for a performance i like just because i dont wanna get shoved aside alongside of the “scary fangirls” now. Glee, what the hell happened to ya?

36. Cat says:

Songbird has way more meaning than Firework, so it was easy for me to pick. I think Lea Michele is fabulous but she sings way more than Naya Rivera does on the show.

37. Amy says:

Songbird is my favorite Flletwood Mac song. I’m sad Santana sang it because it wasn’t good enough for this great song.

38. Captain says:

I adore both Naya and Lea but COME ON! Firework is about a million times better than Songbird. I get that fans are voting for the latter because she sang it to Brittany but if we’re judging performance (as we should be) Firework has it beat no contest.

• theveiledfairy says:

Everyone has their own tastes and preferences. I love both Naya and Lea to death, and I don’t deny that Lea did an amazing job at Firework. But I still prefer Songbird, and I would whether Santana sang it to Brittany or not. Songbird is one of my all-time favorite songs (it has been since I was a little kid) and I thought Naya did a great job at it. I don’t really like Firework, no matter who is doing it. To each their own.

39. Steve T says:

Love Naya but Songbird is one of the worst songs ever written. Still waiting for Christine McVie to finish it.