Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2011: The 21 Biggest Snubs

‘Tis the season to rejoice over our favorite Emmy nominees (listed here), but perhaps just as importantly, to gripe and kvetch over the annual onslaught of snubs that come with ‘em. Yes indeed, TVLine readers, consider this countdown of the 21 biggest snubs from Emmy’s Class of 2011 as your jumping off point to work through your feelings of rage, frustration, and disappointment. In other words, review this year’s contenders, then go forth and peruse our list of the most egregious omissions — and hit the comments to commiserate!

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Commentary, Emmys, Lists, Photo Gallery

1. Ritz says:

And AT LEAST Emily Deschanel for Bones?!

• harmograz says:

THANK YOU. She deserved a nod more than anyone else who got nominated in her category.

• Amy says:

YES! i am so disappointed that she’s not nominated..

• Suhara says:

Exactly I read the list and was like where the hell is Emily’s name? I am seriously seriously pissed, and between this and Anna Torv not receiving a nomination, you can be sure that I won’t be tuning in to the Emmys this time!

• Lucy says:

Yes i am also very pissed that Community, Cougar Town and Bones did not get nominated. I wanted to see Emily Deschanel get nominated its been years and i really believe she freaking deserves it. If Bones was on a cable network pretty sure they show would be nominated because it seems nomination go to cable shows.

• WOWB says:

Bones sucked this season though. ED did not, however. Bones was critically slammed for most of the season, whatever the ratings said. That’s why they don’t get nominations.

• Clare says:

IA she has done some really great work on that show.

I’m also disappointed not to see Sean Bean nominated for Game of Thrones. And while I dream of a nomination for Jensen Ackles every year, if truth be told even he hasn’t managed to rise above the godawful writing in season 6 of Supernatural.

• bhm1304 says:

Jensen Ackles is a real artist. He doesn’t submit himself for this stupid award, nor does Jared Padelecki. Why play a rigged game? We all know they are great anyway.

• dcds says:

Yeah, keep saying that, but it won’t make it true. That two guys suck, that’s the truth.

• Jenn says:

The show will never be nominated – sci-fi/fantasy is always snubbed. And it wasn’t really great this season. And you’ll never catch me supporting a Jared Padalecki nomination for acting (I’d rather NCIS get nominated for writing, and it’s got terrible consistency/canon issues). But Jensen is always amazing, even if the script is crap, and as long as he doesn’t play a victim. Pretty, yes – but also talented.

• Jenn says:

Incidentally, I meant villain. Not victim.

• SarahB says:

Jensen has submitted himself in the past.

• CC says:

THIS. Also NPH, but YMMV.

• Karinski says:

Emily rocked this past season and the lack of nomination is shocking, very unlikey I’ll watch the Emmys this year!

• jennrae says:

I like Bones and all, but Temperance Brennan is a caricature of her former self. She used to be a realistic character until someone decided that laughs were more important. And there’s no way Emily Deschanel is in the same league as Elisabeth Moss or Julianna Margulies.

• Corinne says:

Agreed, I love Bones, correction, loved Bones, as much as the next geek, but the acting on the show is no where near Emmy worthy. Even if she did score a nom, I can’t see anyone but Julianne winning. The biggest female snub to me was Katey Segal for SOA, I don’t think she would have beat Margo Martindale, but she should at least be given a shot at it.

• KM says:

@jennrae and @Corinne: The acting on Bones, by and large, is not Emmy worthy (and I say this despite the fact that it’s my favorite show). But I don’t think it’s unrealistic to wish that Emily, who truly is fantastic, would get some long-overdue recognition in the form of a nomination. She gave Brennan some added humanity in a lot of subtle ways this season–and while she might not be as good as some of the nominees, she’s got to be at LEAST at the same level as Mariska Hargitay! But then again, I don’t understand why some people are convinced that Brennan has become a caricature (she was at her most awkward in season 4, but by season 6, but she’s grown emotionally), so maybe that’s why I see her as deserving of a nom.

• Sam says:

Mariska doesn’t even deserve the nom. She only gets it on the basis that she is Mariska Hargitay. It has nothing to do with her performance.

Emily, on the other hand, was AMAZING this year. She has the ability to show several different emotions in a few seconds. “Doctor In The Photo” alone really showed how great she is.

And anyone who thinks she has become a caricature really needs to learn what that means, or perhaps actually watch the show. She has grown a lot this last season. Learned to open up, admit her feelings, which she never would have done before. A lot of her awkwardness this season seemed to come from Booth and Hannah’s relationship and that she didn’t really know how to be around him. I think it was meant to show that she was attempting to act like they did but not doing so well which is understandable.

• Alicia says:

THIS. Lets be realistic, people.

• Mike says:

remember the coment that ricky gervais did in the golden globes? about the academy take bribery, it must be truth, I mean they snub Emily Deschanel for years, and yet Mariska Hargitay still get nominated, and I love Kathy Bates but no for Harry’s Law.

• KM says:

Seriously–Emily is fantastic as Brennan.

2. Tonya says:

Katey Sagal’s ommission makes me want to cry.

• MrMank says:

Easily the biggest snub of the year!!

• BHM1304 says:

As much as Hargitay and Bates ridiculously undeserved nominations? Anna Torv, Lucy Lawless, and Katey Sagal outstanding lead actress performances on their respective shows get snubbed and garbage performances from bad procedurals get nominated. Hell Kathryn Erbe “Criminal Intent” deserved that nomination more than Hargitay. There is no justice. For being the worst network on the air, NBC sure must spend a lot of money buying its Emmy nominations. (But they couldn’t spend a little dough on “Community” apparently.)

• Kristy says:

ITA…I don’t understand all the love for the procedurals that require the same thing from their actors every single week. Yet quality, moving, complex work like Anna Torv and John Noble’s gets overlooked because it’s “sci-fi”
        LOL – your comment about NBC buying its noms…because really what other explanation is there???

• Hal says:

God what the f*** whit Anna Torv? That woman is a horrible and limited actress.

• Jay says:

You clearly don’t watch Fringe. She gave one heck of a performance this season. If that’s “horrible,” then I want to see more of that.

• bmc9999 says:

Agreed but you can also add Chloe Sevigny to this list of deserved actresses who consistently get snubbed. I love Kathy Bates but really????

• Snsetblaze says:

I love Kathy Bates – I thought she deserved a nomination – for her role as Jo, the Sabre CEO, on The Office in the comedy guest-starring category NOT for Harry’s Law. And I love Harry’s Law. She’s just not there yet.

• pop says:

Craziest thing I have ever heard. You can’t buy votes. People always say that when the favorite doesn’t get nominated. Why do they always think they have to bad mouth those who did earned the nomination? Hargitay always deserves her nominations. She is an Amazing actress.
        I would have loved to have seen Kaydee Strickland nominated but you won’t see me bad mouthing someone who worked just as hard as She did. Maybe next year will be her year.

• MCO says:

I am not even a fan of Sons of Anarchy, I just watch a few ep and I was stunned by that omission.

3. Sally says:

Every single year we have to put up with Fringe and Community snubs. Argh. So disappointing.

• Russ says:

Clearly the shows, that critics love, are way too cool or sophisticated for the Emmy voters.

• Paul says:

You know, I loved Community in it’s first year– fresh & new– then halfway through this year it just sort of got stale for me. Can’t explain it– Great ensemble cast though; wish they had gotten nominated together.

• el says:

Last season was perhaps more consistent, but this one had higher highs to me even if there were also some lows to contend with. If you loved Modern Warfare though, check out A Fistful of Paintballs sometime- it’s everything you’d want in a sequel and more.

And yes, of course I think Community is the biggest snub of all. I adore Parks & Rec but it at least got some recognition for Amy and the show as a whole. Modern Family’s a pretty good show but perhaps every single cast member didn’t need a mention and there’d be room for Joel or Pudi as well as other shows then.

4. Emily says:

Another who was snubbed but really deserved an award is Sean Bean for Game of Thrones.

• Michelle says:

THIS.

• nonabgo says:

Agreed! He was impressive on Game of Thrones, so sad he wasn’t nominated…

• Clare says:

Me three.

• Troy says:

I was very heartbroken to see Sean Bean get snubbed.

• Snsetblaze says:

Actually, several people from that cast were snubbed – in particular, Lena Hedley, and the actor who played the brothel owner who was in love with Ned Stark’s wife and who betrayed Ned. I am too lazy to look up his name. He was also in The Wire a few years ago as the councilman who was running for mayor.

• BHM1304 says:

Emilia Clarke’s missing nomination for her brilliant work is the most egregious “Game of Thrones” snub IMO. Is she wasn’t as great as she was the entire Dothraki storyline would have failed. And you’re thinking of Aiden Gillen who played Littlefinger and he played Tommy Carcetti on “The Wire”.

• Emily says:

Emilia is another GoT actor that I would’ve loved to see be nominated. But at least she has next year, and if the shows success continues, many more years playing Daenerys. Whereas this was Seans only shot, with his character now being dead, so it’s a real travesty that he wasn’t nominated for his incredible work this season.

• Nancy says:

I agree…Sean Bean was totally snubbed for his excellent work this season. I would have rather seen his name be called then Hugh Laurie for the millionth time for House, which is long past it’s prime.
            I am glad to see that Game of Thrones did get a best drama nod. I do feel that Peter Dinklage wasn’t the best supporting actor of that show for this season (not enough material for his character)…I feel Mark Addy was more deserving of that nod.
            Another snub…where was Nick Offerman???

5. Bea says:

I was expecting some love for Shameless.

6. klutzy_girl says:

NPH was snubbed yet again!

7. Claudia says:

I wholeheartedly agree with the Fringe and Community (show & actor) snubs. They DELIVERED this year.

8. Melanie says:

I know it was a long-shot, but man was I pulling for Max Adler from Glee! His work last season was just stellar. Hope he gets the exposure (and kudos) he deserves this coming season so we can all celebrate his talent this time next year.

9. Steph says:

NCIS deserves to be nominated. They get subbed every single year.

• Catherine says:

Every year! It is ridiculous. You would think that television’s number one scripted show would get the nod for Outstanding Drama. But clearly that does not make sense…

• Meri says:

I agree! We are talking a long-running show which has an INCREASING following. You would think they would be paying increased attention to NCIS because all those loyal and increasing viewers can’t be wrong! NCIS features a superb ensemble cast of very talented actors, and I sometimes wonder if, because there is no “breakout” star they will be eternally overlooked for awards. It makes me sad and frustrated!

• jennrae says:

Maybe a People’s Choice Award but never an Emmy. Who cares how many people watch a show? That doesn’t make it good.

• Simon Jester says:

Exactly. More people eat at McDonald’s than any other restaurant in the US, too… doesn’t mean it has the best food.

• bmc9999 says:

I agree! I knew it was too much to hope any of the main actors would get the nod but I was hoping for Bob Newhart for his guest-starring role at the very least.

• Lyn says:

Agree that “NCIS” has had some tremendous years, but the past two seasons have not been among them.

• Sam says:

Sad truth. The last 2 seasons NCIS has just been spinning it’s wheels, I’ve actually become–can hardly believe it–bored with the show. They keep rehashing old territory and with the “new” someone-inside-the-agency-is-selling-arms plot I fear next season will be more of the same.

• Tej says:

NCIS was great in its first few seasons. Legitimately quality TV. It peaked in season 6 but season 7 and season 8 have been full of lame plots and rehashed material. Who cares about the P2P killer? It’s not like he killed anyone we REALLY cared about. and Paloma Reynosa…don’t make me laugh. I’m sad that this show is only now becoming so popular when seasons 1-6 were so much better.

• Jenn says:

Most Popular = lowest common denominator. The highest rated shows usually have the most contrite predictable writing. NCIS is worse, because it’s story lines are predictable, but the writing for the characters is inconsistent, there are canon problems all over the place, and one of the main characters is a horribly-written Mary Sue. A popularity-based award, maybe – but the overall production quality has majorly dropped since seasons 2 and 3.

• Catherine says:

I’m sorry, which character is a Mary Sue? I cannot see a single Mary Sue-like character on the show. I’m not going to deny that some of the earlier seasons of NCIS were better quality, but the show still produces some amazing episodes and some amazing storylines today. I think that just shows how little credibility the Emmys have seeing as it has never been nominated in the past. They just nominate the same actors and the same TV shows every year, with maybe a few little tweaks to keep people curious. It’s quite terrible.

10. Amy says:

no nominations for HIMYM? this just sucks

11. klutzy_girl says:

And nothing for Jason Segel? He knocked it out of the park in “Bad News”.

• Molly says:

Seriously! They completely ignored HIMYM, and Segel really deserved it. And I love Betty White, I really do, but can they stop giving her nominations and awards just because she’s Betty White?

12. kelly says:

Sean Bean should have been nominated as well for Game of Thrones

13. Sarah says:

Totally agree with this whole list. I’m especially annoyed about Cougar Town snubs, no love for any of the women on Big Love (Jeanne Tripplehorn was amazing this year) and Kadee Strickland was the only redeeming thing about Private Practice.

• Ben says:

I agree about KaDee Strickland and the Big Love wives; I was really hoping that Jeanne Tripplehorn and Chloe Sevigny at least would be nominated. Tripplehorn in particular was phenomenal this season.

14. N says:

No nominations for Community? are they serious? So disappointing. (especially while Glee is nominated…)

Glad (and surprised) to see Hugh Laurie there. He’s a wonderful actor, but this season was so crappy. He’s ever gonna win this, I guess.

• Me says:

This sucks, because Community had one of the most stellar seasons of comedy in recent history. Sadly, the Emmy voters seem to vote proportionally to the shows with the highest ratings and/or are on premium cable.

15. Natalie says:

Seriously, did the Academy only watch a small handful of the shows? So many people got looked over. Kadee, Busy, Courteney, Sean… Not cool.

• Lyn says:

What bothers me is the continued reward for stale gimmicks like big-name guest stars and the “fake documentary” format, when a wonderfully funny, well-acted comedy like “Raising Hope” gets no consideration.

• D says:

I wouldn’t call a Best Comedy Actress nom for Martha “no consideration”–they’re just getting started. It could be like Big Bang Theory–only Jim was nominated for a few years and then suddenly they’ve racked up a total of five this year.

16. Aprilcot26 says:

Why, oh, WHY do the Emmy voters continuously ignore Community? And this was NPH’s best year to date on HIMYM. Sigh.

17. Brigid says:

The Fringe and Sons of Anarchy snubs totally suck. Also, Game of Thrones deserved many more nominations than they got (although I am thrilled that Peter Dinklage was recognized).
    But really- NOTHING for Fringe or Sons of Anarchy? Even that crapfest The Cape got a nomination!

• Kristy says:

It makes no sense. As much as I was hoping, I knew going in that Fringe/John/Anna were a long shot…since the Emmys HATE sci-fi for some unknown reason.
      But I never dreamed they would over-look Katey Sagal (especially since the Globes finally got it right and gave her an award)
      SMH!

18. Foghorn says:

When are they going to recognise the amazing talent of Vincent D’onofrio?? (Law & Order CI) He gives so many dimensions to the character of Bobby Goren that you can’t describe them all.

19. Cortexifan says:

OUTRAGES, THAT FRINGE, JOHN NOBLE AND ANNA TORV GOT SCREWED, TO PUT IT MILDLY. BEST SHOW ON TV!

• Kate says:

this! This one one of the best seasons of Fringe and Anna Torv and John Noble were flawless in this season!

• Sandy says:

Complete lack of imagination in the voting – so procedural, boring and predictable.
        Take a chance on Fringe whoever voted, bought votes, whatever…. it’s brilliant and so was Fringe S3 along with John Noble and Anna Torv.

20. Azzurra says:

WE. WANTED. MAX. ADLER.

21. Veronica says:

I was insanely disappointed that Max Adler didn’t get an Emmy nomination. :/ It sucks, but hopefully he’ll have something thrown his way next year. I also can’t believe Naya didn’t get an Emmy nomination for her performance…

22. Stillisill says:

It’s petty, but despite all the wonderfully deserving new nominees this year (Peter Dinklage, Tim Olyphant, Walton Goggins, Martha Plimpton, LOUIE! GAME OF THRONES!!!), I’m most excited that the insufferable Matthew Morrison and grating Lea Michelle DIDN’T get nominations. Especially Morrison, who is without question the most obnoxious, one-dimensional actor/character on the most obnoxious, one-dimensional show on TV. Suck it, Shue! Best. Snub. Ever.

23. sarah says:

Are the Emmy people really watching who/what they give/don’t give nominations? I doubt it when I see that Mariska Hargitay is nominated once more but not Emily Deschanel.

• Becky says:

Listen, I have watched every SVU episode from every season and even I can admit Mariska has been phoning it in for several seasons…that is when she is even featured which is about half the season. I love her, love the character but there has to be more deserving candidates this year.

24. awesomegreys says:

Really? No way to accept no nominations for Grey’s Anatomy or at least for Sara Ramirez and/or Jessica Capshaw (ex equo) for their OUTSTANDING performances with their characters and particularly after the musical event (Song beneath the song). Disappointing.

• Ashley says:

I like Greys but there are much more deserving shows out there. These days the cable networks blow the basic channel dramas out of the water… plus greys peaked about 4 seasons ago.

• Josephine says:

actually you are wrong Grey’s is nominated in one category. Outstanding guest star actress: Adele Webber

25. Alex says:

I agree with all of these (Community, Brie, McHale, Pudi, Phillips and Offerman especially!) but WHAT ABOUT PARENTHOOD/LAUREN GRAHAM. The show was so good this year and LG has deserved a nomination for the past 10 years! Sighhh. Perhaps next year with the departure of FNL they will discover this other Katims gem.

26. Miles says:

Max Adler and Naya Rivera deserved a shout.

27. David says:

Meh. And if half of these were nominated, we’d be hearing about how some of the actual nominees were snubbed instead ;) Friday Night Lights & Parks and Recreation were justly rewarded finally, that’s good enough for me.

28. Clare says:

Really disappointed not to see Sean Bean get a nod; also Tim Roth for his outstanding and deliciously quirky performance in Lie to Me.

29. Adrian says:

I 100% agree with all the southland snubs they both deserved noms. Also KaDee Strickland was amazing with the rape storyline and it was wrongfuly overlooked. Cougar Town and The Middle should have gotten emmy love so tired of The office and 30 Rock taking spots others deserve and most of the cast of Cougar town should have been nominated but its a crime that they overlooked both Courtney Cox and Busy Phillipps. I even would to have liked to see Christa Miller get some emmy attention after being overlooked for scrubs and now couga town. I would have liked to see Rasing Hope get nominated for best comedy series which proved itslef after only one season but atleast Martha Plimpton got a much deserved nom.

30. Chip Ramsey says:

I thought Sharon Gless not getting a nod for Burn Notice was wrong. She’s so good in that show. Also, Bruce Campbell deserved a nomination.

31. Paige says:

I agree with everything Community. At least a couple of them shoulda gotten nods. At least the show should have.

32. Lassandra says:

Max Adler and Naya Rivera are always my Favorites :)

33. Kcat10 says:

Dear Emmy Nominators,

Nathan Fillion deserves an Emmy. You’ve broken our hearts this year. But you can fix them by nominating Nathan for a 2012 Emmy.

Thank you!

• Meri says:

He IS good…and very deserving. I think Castle is going to be like NCIS in that, as time goes on, the audience is going to increase, not decrease. The show is a real winner. I am a recent fan, having caught the show enough times after DWTS to start watching it for real, and I just bought season 1 on Amazon so I can start from the beginning this summer, and be fully up to date by the time the next season starts!

34. kika says:

I’m so mad, so angry!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!! No Courteney Cox nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s unfair, it’s a shame

• Emma says:

I have to say that the Courteney Cox omission was not a snub. As funny as her characters are (Monica on Friends was just brilliantly written), she is a pretty mediocre (relatively good) actress who chooses amazing material. The Cougar Town writers should be recognized more than Courteney. This is one of the few supposed “snubs” that I 100% agree with.

35. Meghan says:

Disappointed that The Walking Dead cast was pretty much overlooked. Andrew Lincoln was great, as was Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon. Not only that, super upset Sean Bean and Michael Pitt were overlooked for their talent in Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. However, I am glad to see a few nods for GoT and BE.

36. James says:

Not sure if she has been nominated before (but my instinct says no), but I object to the general snubbing of Jennifer Carpenter for Dexter. Not saying for most recent season in particular, but just generally. Why is she not recognised? She has given performances that were so raw and real and goosebump inducing (without histrionics or being over the top), what’s a lady gotta do to get some Emmy love?

I know one shouldn’t compare performances on totally different shows, but I feel like Jennifer Carpenter’s performance over the whole series of Dexter far outranks any individual female performance I have seen on either The Good Wife or Mad Men (even though those are both great shows as a whole, not disputing that).

37. kyrjar says:

Sean Bean for GoT, John Noble and Anna Torv for Fringe.

But MOST of all, Justified for Best Series. Its second season was better than everything else up there except perhaps GoT. At least Olyphant, Goggins, Martindale and Davies all got the well-deserved recognition. Those actors, plus the young girl, were a tour de force.

38. Brittany says:

I was truly surprised that Shameless didn’t pick up any nominations – it is perhaps one of the funniest shows on TV, and the entire cast is stellar.
    I was also really bummed out that Mike O’Malley failed to receive a nomination for Glee – Burt Hummel is one of the most believable people on that show, and he acts it fantastically.
    I was also bummed out that Big Love received nothing of the sort – especially since it was the shows last season :(

• Jennifer says:

I still don’t understand why O’Malley moved himself up to Supporting Actor, No way he was going to compete with Colfer and the Modern Family guys.

• harmograz says:

Agreed. If him and Max Adler submitted for Guest Actor I’m sure they would’ve both gotten nominated. Glee is my favorite show, but Modern Family dominated this year…they shouldn’t have tried to compete with that.

39. Juliab. says:

Kyra Sedgwick deserved to be nominated for her work on The Closer. I know she won last year, but she still deserves a nod.

40. Alex says:

And how about Parenthood?! Such good acting and storytelling.

41. Jennnifer says:

Kathy Bates stole Emmy Rossum’s Lead Actress in a Drama Series nomination.

42. Kristin says:

Shawn Hatosy’s season-long reaction to Nate’s death was one of the most heartrending performances on tv this year. WHY do my favorite shows continue to get no love??

43. Sydney says:

KaDee Strickland was in my opinion the biggest snub of the year. Anyone who saw her performance this year would agree I think :( I straight up almost cried

• Jessica says:

I agree, her performance was so powerful. I think she should have atleast been recognized. Also, courtney cox should have been nominated. She was great on friends but i love her on Cougar Town!

44. Aki says:

I’m honestly shocked that Glee managed to garner any nominations for its lackluster season (even though it’s my favorite show) and I can only imagine that some of those nominations came about because of the bullying story line.

Why then was Max Adler overlooked for nomination in the supporting comedy actor category? He was one of Glee’s strongest assets, even if the writers kept leaving Dave karofsky out of large portions of the season. His episodes (consequentially also Kurt’s episodes) were amongst the strongest and best written of the season. It blows my mind that Max wasn’t nominated, even if it was only his first time throwing his hat in the ring.

I’m pretty annoyed about Naya Rivera not receiving a nomination in supporting comedy actress as well. Once again, a strong story line and character with some of the best episodes completely looked over.

• Melanie says:

With you 100%. Max Adler’s performance as Dave Karofsky was amazing! And whereas it’s established that Chris Colfer is an amazing actor, I can’t help but feel that some of his best scenes last season were with Max. They just bring out the best in each other on screen!

• Kristy says:

Aki-I love how realistic you are…because I like you throughly enjoy Glee but can realize that it had a really rough season.

I think the problem with Glee is, it doesn’t “fit” into a category.

The great stuff this season with Chris Colfer/Max Adler and Naya Rivera was good DRAMATIC acting. And there-in lies my prob with Glee/Chris being nominated in the comedy category. I think where this show and its actors shine are in the dramatic scenes. With the exception of Brit, the show is not that funny. And def. doesn’t belong with some of the other comedies/actors that are nominated.

I think maybe the voters have a hard time nominating Max and Naya for comedy when there performance was clearly dramatic…and I agree w/them on that aspect.

• Mina says:

Glee isn’t a comedy like Modern Family but I still find it quite funny sometimes. Also, the writers may give Chris Colfer a lot of heavy drama but he still kills it with the small amount of comedy that he is given. Quality trumps quantity in my opinion.

45. Suhara says:

Where is Emily Deschanel’s nomination? Considering that neither she nor Anna Torv got noms, I will certainly not be watching the Emmys this time…. Also something better be done about this bias against Sci-Fi that the Emmys have… Just because Sci-Fi shows require an audience IQ over 10? Its completely ridiculous….

46. Hope says:

I agree with many whom have already posted. I love John Noble! But I also have to give a shout out to Glenn Close and everyone at Damages. A FANTASTIC show that flies under the radar.

47. F says:

AGREE!

ANNA TORV AND FRINGE GOT SNUBBED BIG TIME. WHAT A JOKE.

• guest says:

Completely agree, Anna Torv is the outstanding actress, she has so many episodes that on it’s own are Emmy worthy, the ones nominated have trouble picking a decent one.

Frankly the Emmy is now total worthless. It is not about the acting it is about who you know in Hollywood.
      The names on the NOT nominated lists are the ones that should have been nominated and viceversa.

Not nominating Anna Torv, total disgrace. Done with Emmy.

48. Diana De León says:

I agree with Nick Offerman, he is pure gold.

49. Angel says:

KaDee is a huge snub, and where are the Sandra Oh, and Sara Rameriz(can’t spell her last name) from Grey’s, they both had some get stuff this year! NPH, and Heather Morris from Glee are snubs too.

50. Carlie says:

I’m sad KaDee Strickland didn’t get nominated for her heartwrenching and ongoing performance this season…if she didn’t get nominated for this, I’m guessing Private Practice is never going to get any attention.
    -I also think the same about Lauren Graham and Parenthood. If Lauren can’t get any emmy love after stellar performances in 2 shows, she ain’t going to ever!
    -I also agree that Community deserved some love. Alison Brie and Joel McHale were ROBBED!!!