The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

Coming to your TV this week: A much-needed infusion of True Blood, 14 other premieres, and five finales — including what is likely Goren and Eames’ very last case. As but a supplement to the original features and reporting TVLine has coming your way, here are 38 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Countdown With Keith Olbermann (Current TV) |
Premiere: Same opinionator, same show name, new channel. First guests include Michael Moore and Markos Moulitsa. What, myself and Meg Masters don’t merit mention? (Apologies, I popped in on Popper’s Penguins this weekend.)
9 pm Hoarders (A&E) | The Season 4 opener includes a person whose home is overrun with dolls. (No, not Hugh Hefner. And not Adelle DeWitt either.)
9 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Bay hits Regina hard with questions about her biological father. Psst, kid, just click here.
10 pm Intervention (A&E) | This captivating series’ 11th season premiere includes a woman whose addiction is threatening her dream of becoming a police officer. Speaking of addictions….
10 pm Nurse Jackie (Showtime) | The season ends with Kevin sending Jackie’s jaw to the floor with a confession.
10 pm Sanctuary (Syfy) | Season 3 finale: Druitt arrives with disturbing news, as the gateway to Hollow Earth unleashes its first denizens.
10:30 pm United States of Tara (Showtime) | Series finale. Someone hold me… and the other me, a lumberjack named “Nat.”

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) |
Is Aria ready to say goodbye to Mr. Fitz? It depends, has he finished grading her final yet? Timing is everything, honey.
8 pm Wipeout (ABC) | The summer run of this family friendly guilty pleasure kicks off with this sneak peek, followed on Thursday by its official premiere.
9 pm The Voice (NBC) | The Elite Eight sing for their supper, live. The final four are revealed Wednesday at 8.
9 pm White Collar (USA Network) | In a Marsha Thomason-centric outing, we meet Diana’s lady love, played by the ridonkulously attractive Moran Atias (Crash). Be very careful Googling.
9 pm The Nine Lives of Chloe King (ABC Family) | Chloe tries not to make out with Brian, seeing as it could kill him and all.
9 pm Hardcore Pawn (truTV) | Season 4 premiere: Seth thinks things are better since Ashley left the biz; Les begs to differ.
10 pm Combat Hospital (ABC) | Set at a military hospital in Afghanistan circa 2006, this drama’s ensemble includes Michelle Borth (Hawaii Five-0), Elias Koteas (Benjamin Button), Luke Mably (The Gates), Deborah Kara Unger (The Game) and Terry Chen (Sanctuary).
10 pm HawthoRNe (TNT) | Tom and Cristina deal with: “Yeah, so about what happened last week….”

8 pm Critics Choice TV Awards (Reelz) |
See all these really terrific nominees? Only a few of them can go home winners.
8 pm So You Think You Can Dance (Fox) | The top 20 dancers do their thing, hoping not to be among the four eliminated Thursday at 8.
9 pm Franklin & Bash (TNT) | L.A. Lawyer Harry Hamlin guest-stars as an old frenemy of Franklin’s.
9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | And then we have “Lauren,” the episode that gave us Prentiss’ dramatic send-off.

8 pm Community (NBC) |
Bottle episode!
9 pm Burn Notice (USA Network) | Season 5 premiere: Michael works with his old CIA pals to suss out those who burned him — while Fi and the gang, what, play pinochle?
9 pm Expedition Impossible (ABC) | Mark Burnett (Survivor) brings us this series in which 13 teams of three trot the globe and brave feats of derring-do. If one member quits, the whole team is out.
10 pm Rookie Blue (ABC) | Season 2 premiere: Andy (Missy Peregrym) butts heads with a new detective played by Camille Sullivan (CBC’s Intelligence).
10 pm Futurama (Comedy Central) | They’re baaack! And right away foiled by an alien who has the ability to alter gender identities. Kinda like an Ani DiFranco concert.
10 pm Love Bites (NBC) | While Judd and Colleen get baked on baked goods, Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13) plays an astronaut who frets that his honey cheated on him while he was in space.
10 pm Suits (USA Network) | This new dramedy stars Gabriel Macht (Love and Other Drugs) as a top NYC lawyer who hires a cunning college dropout (Patrick J. Adams) with a brilliant legal mind.
10 pm Wilfred (FX) | Series premiere: Wilfred is a dog who looks like a dog — that is, to everyone but Elijah Wood’s character, who instead sees alpha male Jason Gann.
10:30 pm Louie (FX) | Season 2 premiere: Louie’s sister surprises him with big news.

8 pm Friday Night Lights (NBC) |
Coach Taylor is wooed by J.J. Abrams a top-tier college sports program.
9 pm Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution (ABC) | Season finale: Top chefs judge a cooking competition for high school students.

8 pm The Dark Knight (TNT) |
He’s Batman.
9 pm CHAOS (CBS) | Bruce Boxleitner guest stars as a scarecrow legendary CIA agent.

8 pm BET Awards (BET ) |
Performers include Alicia keys and Chris Brown, while Patti Labelle receives the Lifetime Achievement Award. (See, someone knows better than to expect Oprah to show up.)
9 pm True Blood (HBO) | Season premiere (as those who watched our Idoloonies: Haley series may know): Seriously, what is going on in the final two minutes here?! And who will play for the other team?
9 pm Leverage (TNT) | The cons are back on, starting with an assignment that sends the team to the frozen peak of a snowy mountain. But are things still toasty ‘tween Nate and Sophie?
9 pm Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA Network) | The series finale finds Goren and Eames investigating a death at a successful website. Wait, what was that noise in the TVLine conference room…?
10 pm The Glades (A&E) | Several real-life NASCAR racers guest star when a mechanic turns up dead.
10 pm Falling Skies (TNT) | Steven Weber (Wings) shows up as a doctor who has a very checkered past with Tom, but may have the know-how to remove the harnesses from the abducted youths.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the comments to politely share tune-in recommendations of your own.

1. Brandi says:

Matt the SYTYCD blurb should say the top 20 perform, hoping not to be among the 4 eliminated!

2. val says:

FYI for any faithful sci-fi viewers: The season finale of Sanctuary is also on Monday evening at 10:00 EST on SYFY.

3. yibbet says:

TV fanatics can watch the critics choice livestream today @ 4pm e.t. on vh1.com.

4. jim says:

Vincent Martella Starring in Love Bites on NBC Thursday the 23rd 10 pm.

Vincent is from 2 Emmy winning shows. Vincent Played Greg on Everybody Hates Chris and is the voice of Phineas on Disney’s Phineas s& Ferb ! Vincent was recently in the feature film Role Models.

5. Jesse says:

I STILL can’t believe they canceled United States of Tara!!

• Sarah E. says:

Wait SERIES finale of United States of Tara!?!? Is that really true? The Showtime USoT twitter (SHO_Tara) just called it the season finale. If it’s really canceled I’ll be upset. Though I did think it took a weird turn this season, it’s still one of my favorite shows!

6. John Berggren says:

I had a feeling Kevin (Nurse Jackie) would have a confession. I hope it’s the one I’d like to hear ;).

7. JJ says:

Amen to the acknowledgment of the five times I sat through the True Blood promo to listen to Haley and Slezak’s awesomeness.

If I wasn’t already excited to have something fill the emptiness left by the GoT finale, that sure did it.

8. Chris says:

Nice Dollhouse reference!

9. Lulu says:

The Adelle DeWitt reference puts you *that* much closer to usurping Ausiello’s place in my heart.

10. JJ says:

YAY – cant wait until LEVERAGE is finally back!
    Im counting the hours…is it Sunday yet???

11. Amy says:

Thanks for acknowledging those True Blood ads during the Haley interview. They were seriously annoying, but your comment made me laugh. Also, thanks for the heads up on the Bottle episode repeat. Please keep letting us know when memorable repeats are on!

12. Chatty says:

I am very glad that we got this last (albeit too short) season of L&O: Criminal Intent, but it’s still going to be sad not to have Goren and Eames on television. I am so grateful to D’Onofrio and Erbe for their outstanding work! They will be missed by the fans.

• bhm1304 says:

Because the network which I think enjoys its last place status thinks it would be smarter to keep around “SVU” without its two leads then stick with this better show with D’Onofrio and Erbe. These episodes have been great and its been great without the B team episodes. This is the best police procedural on television with the two strongest leads and its a shame that the tv gods couldn’t have spared this gem.

13. Edie says:

You left Covert Affairs off from Tuesday at 10 o’clock.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Despite appearances (and my exhaustive work), this isn’t a TV listing for every single show that is on every channel, every night. I’ll be sure to include COVERT AFFAIRS next week, though.

14. ggny says:

really good week for Summer TV

15. Tawny says:

I’m not an old fuddy-duddy, but I think Wipeout is not family-friendly entertainment. It’s a show where you laugh at other’s misfortune. Every time I see the commercial I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t understand why parents would watch this with their children or what they should be getting out of it.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

People dressed in safety gear get knocked around by big, colorful, WELL-PADDED thingamabobs, and sometimes they land in refreshing water or face-plant in amusing whipped cream-like substances.

16. Toby says:

You remember The Richs(Eddie Izzard, Minnie Driver.) Does anyone know details about it’s cancelation? We were addicted to that show.

17. Danielle H. says:

*in my Bill voice..* “SUUKEHH!”

I tried all 9 months to remain calm, and now I’m fidgeting through this week to get to Sunday!!!!

Will be giving Nine Lives and Suits a go as well, along with Love Bites and Covert Affairs (I actually enjoy Love Bites, unlike the rest of America *tear*).

18. Jenn says:

Leverage, Burn Notice and True Blood in one week.. Oh it’s just not fair!!! The hotness is going to be off the charts :)

19. Ella says:

That Dollhouse reference was pretty slick! If you could just work in a couple Firefly quips & the occasional “FOX go to hell” I’d be much obliged :’)

20. Diane says:

Wow, my eyes wouldn’t believe it when I saw a reference to The Riches! I miss that show so much – think it and Dirty Sexy Money and Rubicon are the three shows that I have been the most upset about when they were canceled.

21. indcit says:

All these are cool but I’m still waiting for June 27th aka WEEDS premiere.

22. david paskalik says:

i agree with you,diane.RUBICON is sorely missed by me!detroit 187 was also the best cop drama on the air!!!!

23. Carby says:

Sunday @ 10 watch the Glades on A&E and forget watching Falling Sky’s ratings fall through the floor!

24. Becca says:

Thank-you for adding the Sanctuary finale. I have just recently started watching the show and I’m so hooked on it. Can’t wait for season 4!