Scoop! Mad Men Alum Suits Up for USA Series

Former Mad Men schoolteach Abigail Spencer’s dance card continues to be very full. In addition to playing Daniel Craig’s sweetheart in Cowboys & Aliens (hitting theaters July 29), she can also be spied this summer on the smaller screen, on one of USA Network’s “blue sky” series.

TVLine has learned that in the Aug. 4 episode of the new legal dramedy Suits — which bows June 23 and stars Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams — Spencer will guest as a high-powered attorney who goes toe-to-toe with Macht’s Harvey Specter (aka “the best closer in New York City”). Being onetime Harvard classmates, sparks may fly outside the courtroom as well for the opposing counsels.

Kate & Allie‘s Susan Saint James to Guest Star on Suits

Beyond Suits and Cowboys & Aliens, Spencer can be seen in the premiere episode of the new CBS comedy How to Be a Gentleman, opposite Chad Murray in the horror film The Haunting in Georgia, and playing Tom Hardy’s ex-wife in the Reese Witherspoon rom-com This Means War.

Spencer also has in development a pilot which she cocreated and sold to ABC Family. Tentatively titled Teach, it has been described as “Grey’s Anatomy with high school teachers.”

Hot for Summer: Your Guide to All the June TV Premieres

An alum of All My Children, Spencer currently can be spied in my Twitter background, in a snap from a cover shoot I set up “back in the day” for Soaps In Depth. Yes, I was Team Becca.

Comments (8)

• About time some usa network show gets her to guest star with her talents. So so excited!!

Comment by Colleen – June 14, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad the twitter background doesn’t work for me. And please weren’t we all Team Becca?

Comment by Colleen – June 14, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Becca was boooring, I will always be Team Greenlee.

Comment by Nicole – June 14, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, that’s Blah Blah!!

(From HIMYM)

Comment by Gus – June 14, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoa. Someone else who remembers her days as Becca Tryee. I liked Becca. I didn’t like her for Leo, but I liked it. When they brought Babe in, it felt a little like that were trying to make her Dixie 2.0. That just made me miss Becca, because Becca was better suited for that. I think had they written for the character, she could have done well. No matter, it’s nice to see Abigail Spencer succeeding. :)

Comment by Morgan – June 14, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was way hot on Mad Men.

Comment by dogchops – June 14, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm, I don’t remember her being on All My Children. But I did miss seeing the show during a span of years somewhere around the 90s, so I probably just wasn’t watching when she was on.

Was she the hippy-ish schoolteacher on Mad Men? If so, she was my favorite character ever on that show.

Comment by Amber – June 14, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was awful on Mad Men. Such an annoying character.

Comment by annie – June 14, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post