TVLine Items: Eva La Rue's AMC Return, William Shatner Is One Psych'd Dad, and More TV News
Dr. Maria Santos Grey is hightailing it back to Pine Valley, people!
As the end of ABC’s All My Children draws near, former fan faves have been coming out of the woodwork for both quick cameos (Josh Duhamel as Leo du Pres) and big arcs (Cady McClain as Dixie Martin, Thorston Kaye as Zach Slater) — and now it’s Eva La Rue’s turn.
The CSI: Miami star, who last played Maria in January 2010 as part of her sister-in-law Hayley Santos’ (Kelly Ripa) documentary on Pine Valley, will appear in a handful of July episodes. TVGuide.com reported the news.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• William Shatner has rebounded from the $#*! he was up to this past TV season with a guest spot on USA Network’s Psych, TVGuide.com reports. The Emmy winner will play the estranged, con artist father of Juliet (Maggie Lawson).
• NBC’s long-shelved sitcom — no, not Love Bites, the other one — Friends with Benefits has finally (sorta) landed a slot on the schedule. The ensemble comedy, starring Ryan Hansen (Party Down), Daneel Harris Ackles (One Tree Hill), and Jessica Lucas (Melrose Place), premieres with back-to-back episodes on Saturday, June 25 at 8/7c.
• As a lead-up to the Season 3 premiere of Drop Dead Diva (airing Sunday, June 19), Lifetime is mini-marathoning a half-dozen episodes from the series’ sophomore run on Saturday, June 18, starting at 11 am EST.
• The final numbers are in for The Oprah Winfrey Show‘s series finale, and an average of 16.4 million people tuned in for her big goodbye. Those numbers make it the most watched episode of the daytime talker in 18 years.
• NBC’s new Cedric the Entertainer-hosted game show It’s Worth What? premieres Tuesday, July 12 at 8 pm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!