Soaps Scoop: Nadia Bjorlin's Days Are Over

My, the soap world is whirling with news. On the heels of Days of Our Lives delivering pink slips to Louise Sorel (Vivian) and Crystal Chappell (Carly), TVLine has learned that Nadia Bjorlin is leaving the NBC sudser when her contract expires later this summer.

Days of Our Lives Shake-Up: John/Marlena In, Two Vets Out!

“It’s a bittersweet moment for me, but fortunately I have been at these crossroads before, and I’ve always rose to the challenge in everything I pursued,” Bjorlin tells TVLine. “I will miss the cast and crew dearly, and they — including [executive producer] Ken Corday — will always be considered family to me. At the same time, I am excited for where this next chapter in my life takes me.”

In fact, Bjorlin already has her next gig lined up — a movie that she starts filming on August 1, the day before her birthday (and, just as importantly, the day of mine).

Bjorlin created the role of Chloe in 1999, worked on and off contract in 2004 and ’05, and then rejoined the cast as a regular in late 2007. Throughout her Days run, Bjorlin has made time for other projects, including the drag-racing movie Redline, guest gigs on NCIS and Two and a Half Men, and the web soap Venice. She also threw her lasso into the ring for NBC’s Wonder Woman pilot, but… well, let’s chalk that up as a bullet dodged.

Other cast members seeing their Days come to an end: Tamara Braun (Taylor) and Bren Foster (Quinn), Soap Opera Digest reports.

Sorel said in an interview with TV Guide Magazine that the Days cast shake-up is designed to reinvigorate one of TV’s six (and soon to be four) remaining sudsers while also freeing up some coin to finance the summertime return of Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall (as John and Marlena). As Corday told Digest, “You will see … in the neighborhood of six characters leave Salem and five or six characters return or come to Salem, leading up to a huge September” — all at the hands of new headwriters/Passions alums Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas.

1. Nicole says:

DAYS is so crazy these days. Too bad about Quinn as he was just becoming more exciting with the reveal of Vivian being his mum. As much as I like Tamara Braun, Taylor really does need to go. Chloe, I’ll REALLY miss. The least DAYS can do is have her exit involve Phillip and Parker returning to to usher her off as their reunited family leaves Salem to live happily ever after.

• Angie says:

I agree with Nicole. I think aside from the original Brady, she has only had extreme chemistry with one other man & that was her first love Philip. It only makes since that she should get her life together and ride off into the sunset with him and their son. :)

• Mary Ann says:

I am glad they are taking Vivian and Quinn off, I liked him until he did Chloe the way he did, then he was dirt, I will miss Chloe so much, she is beautiful and very professional, wish they wouldn’t take her off. Glad to see Taylor leave, didn’t like her when she was on there before (another character) so good riddance. Was worried about Maggie leaving, can’t find anywhere that she is leaving so I hope not.

• Tuere says:

I agree with Nicole as well! Yes, get rid of Vivian; hopefully, this time for good! But either keep Chloe, or, as Nicole suggests, allow Chloe and Phillip to rekindle their high school flames, become a family with their son, Parker, and ride off into the sunset together like Austin and Carrie and Belle and Shawn D!

And, though I CAN’T WAIT for the return of John and Marlena (the Dynamic Duo that DAYS should never have let go in the first place), I think that Carly’s character is a pretty solid one and should stay, and that the actress portraying her has been doing a PHENOMENAL job as a suffering drug addict!! She should definitely win an Emmy for her recent portrayals… but I digress…

All in all, I agree with what Nicole, Angie, and Mary Ann have had to say, and really hope the show’s execs decide not only to keep Carly, but to insure that Maggie Horton has a FULL RECOVERY, and perhaps soften Victor up just a tad, in order for he & Maggie to permanently consummate their December romance! :-)

• Scriabin says:

The Taylor/EJ storyline was my favorite. He needs a soulmate, it could have been such a powerful story! I liked the original Taylor better, but in my opinion Days needed another educated young and classy character. So disappointed they are giving up on this storyline before it ever got off the ground!

2. Tavis says:

I am glad she is out. For the past 4 years, Chloe’s been portrayed as a stupid, trampy slut. This is not the opera-singing, cat-eye glasses-wearing, frizzy-haired Chloe I liked from 1999-2003.

• Sasha says:

I know!

Oh how I miss the old days of Chloe and Brady (And I mean Kyle Lowder not the current dufus)

Is it wrong for me to to say, those were the days (it makes me feel old because I started watching DAYS at 13 because of my love for those two)

• Jerry says:

Old? Let me tell you about old! I am 70 and stood in line at a car show for 1 1/2 hours to meet Nadia (Chloe) and Brady (old Brady). I still have pictures of them in my office. Aside from Swamp Woman, Chloe is the best female ever. I will miss her!

• Steene says:

I’m in the same boat! I started watching Days in middle school because of Chloe’s storylines, especially with Brady. I haven’t been able to stomach watching what they’ve done with her character and the show but every so often lately, and now with her gone, I’m done with Days.

3. Blake says:

I LOVE Tamara Braun, but she is just not cutting it as Taylor. They really should have kept Natalia in the role.

As for Chloe & Quinn? They’re firings don’t surprise me at all. I can’t say they’ll be missed though.

• Mooshki says:

Ugh, Natalia is a god-awful horrible actress. I was so relieved when she left! If Tamara can’t make Taylor interesting, the character is a dud.

• nancy says:

i loved natalia as well as tamera i just love how tamera turned taylor into something more than what natalia brought to taylor tamera brought taylor meatier and brought her out of her shell by standing up to nicole

• Tuere says:

Yes! I agree wholeheartedly!

• maggie says:

Natalia was awful in the role of Taylor! She always had a look on her face like she had a headache. I was so glad they got rid of her. Tamara Braun is a terrific actress. Too bad they’ve wasted her in a stupid storyline. Taylor and EJ falling in love instantly was not believable at all.

4. Andy says:

OPERAGIRL.COM! :( I miss her already…

5. laprinsipessa says:

Can’t for the 5/6 to return, especially Drake!

6. Kira says:

John and Marlena is why I stopped watching Days, why are they bringing them back?

7. DebLI says:

I really hope these changes do something to bring the show back to the way it used to be. It’s been getting harder and harder to watch these drawn out storylines and characters with nothing to do.

8. Stacie says:

Not really surprised by this news. Since her big storyline a few months ago she has really had nothing to do. Same with Crystal Chappell and the “who’s the daddy storyline” she had when she first came back. Not surprised if Tamara Braun also leaves. The Taylor/EJ storyline is so boring, it was kind of cool when Taylor and EJ first were getting together, but it’s kind of silly and repetitive now.

Good luck to all those leaving, but I am excited about the return of John, Marlena and Jack. When I first started watching DAYS those were my favorites, along with Carrie and Austin. So it’s nice to see them returning, sad to see these other actors go, but given they aren’t doin much on screen anyway, it’s probably best that they move on to bigger and better things.

• Jen says:

oh wow is Jack coming back too? Now I’m starting to get excited. If only Carrie & Austin would come back too then I would be so happy. I remember watching it back in the late 80’s & early 90’s. Carrie & Sammy fighting over Austin was probably one of my favorite storylines. Jack is alwasys great too.

• NANCY says:

I LOVE EJ HE’S BETTER OFF BACK WITH SAMI ONLY BECAUSE TAYLOR AND NICOLE IS SO OVER THEY ARE BOTH HISTORY ANYWAY I’D LIKE TO SEE RAFE WITH SOMEBODY NEW FOR A CHANGE

9. Linz says:

I am really going to miss Chloe!! I do agree they have run her character in the ground but I think the new writers could have brought back the “old” Chloe! I am glad to see Tamara Braun leave because they should have kept Natalia (she was more believable in what the writer was trying to accomplish). I hope they give John and Marlena a good story line because their stories tend to be boring and redundant!
    I would like to see Eric come back to the show to be with Nicole! I also would like an interesting storyline for Bo and Hope and to bring back Shawn and Belle!

• Tuere says:

I would agree with much of what Linz said, except the portion about Natalia (hated her — too bland), and Eric returning to be with Nicole. Don’t get me wrong — I love Eric and would LOVE for he, Carrie, Austin, Billie (not Lisa Rinna, but the ’94 Billie), Belle & Shawn D to all return — even if only for some special Salem event of some sort. But I’m patiently holding a torch for Nicole and Brady! I love them together! I think they have a connection, chemistry, and special ‘understanding’ of one another that makes them work well as a couple. And, as much as I like Rafe, I held a torch for Lucas & Sami for quite a long time… #1 because of Wil, and #2 because Sami really loved Lucas, had begun to mature and minimize all her selfish and manipulative antics during their relationship, and he actually loved her, despite all her prior deviant behavior. And, when someone can accept all of your flaws and shortcomings and STILL love you, that’s someone you DEFINITELY want to hold onto!! That’s a love that’s solid, and the writers should’ve made it work… but alas, they did not. :-(

10. Julie says:

Can they get rid of Nicole (too pathetic to live) and Rafe (too boring to live) now ? After a real clean up without those two maybe i said maybe Days will be watchable again..if not cancellation cancellation is calling you Days..

• Maina says:

Thank you I am sick of pathetic Nicole, I hate her paired with EJ so I hope that is done. Agree about Rafe too, should just get rid of him and his siblings they are too boring and bring nothing to the show.

• Victoria says:

I ADORE Nicole. She’s the best thing on the show in her age range. Keep her! IDK if she’s paired with EJ or Brady anymore, but Nicole to me is the most sympathetic character her age. She outshines them all, including Sami and EJ. Cut her and cut anything interesting in the 30 something age range.

• Mooshki says:

Ari Zucker is a brilliant actress. She deserved an Emmy for her work during the baby snatch storyline. I run hot and cold on Nicole, but Ari is too good an asset to the show for them to lose her.

• Tonya says:

I like Nicole and she keeps the show alive, while Tamera, not so much. As for Rafe, I like Rafe and that is the biggest thing they could of done for Sami’s storyline. I am hoping with bringing John and Marlena back it will tie into the Sami, Rafe storyline.
            As for Chloe, I wanted her to ride out on a surfboard with danile a long time ago. Now he is messing with Jenn and Jack, look out, surfer dude, Jacks back!!

• Gregg says:

I agree with Victoria, I love Nicole and love watching any scene she is in. She’s very versatile in acting and nails any emotion she plays. I would prefer her with Brady tho!

• petite fleur says:

Sami/Ali Sweeney is FAR BETTER when she has great material and they don’t try to make her a Marlena/Carrie creature (so not in character for Sami)..GRRR the destruction of Sami Brady HAS TO STOP get it writers ! And get rid of Nicole asap !

• Tuere says:

AGREE!!!!!

• S Morga says:

Just wanted to say you are crazy to think Rafe is boring. Galen Ghering just pulled off an unbelievable storyline of 2 completely different characters and he did it brilliantly. Because he doesn’t screw people over and his character is actually honest and moral, he is boring?? That is sad..wish there were more people like his character in real life.

11. Steve says:

I am very happy about these exits! Finally, something is being done correctly! I’ve watched the show for 21 years, and it needs more Hortons & Bradys! James Scott as EJ and Francisco San Martin as Dario Hernandez should also go. In addition to John and Marlena, John Martin as Bill Horton, Christie Clarke as Carrie Brady, Bryan Dattilo as Lucas Horton, Roark Critchlow as Mike Horton and Lisa Trusel as Melissa Horton should all return. However Melissa Horton should be recurring. Maggie should be in a love triangle with Kate and Stefano. Bill and Maggie should grow close and make Victor jealous. Top 15 characters to focus on: Marlena, John, Bill, Jennifer, Bo, Hope, Maggie, Julie, Lucas, Sami, Abe, Lexie, Carrie, Mike

• Steve says:

Oops! I meant Bill should rekindle with Kate and make Stefano jealous. Proofread! Lol Rafe should leave town unsure of where he and Sami sit after all the robo rafe crap. Lucas and Sami will rekindle and grow closer to Will as he works through coming out. Yay gay story line!! And Carrie will be separated from Austin and growing closer to both Lucas and Mike. Jennifer will be torn between Jack and Daniel. Jack will try to control a very angry Abi from dating Chad. Stefano will be up to some old tricks with Jarlena. Let me write for Days! I have a BA in English and know Days’s history!

• Robin says:

I always found the Hortons boring. I preferred the Bradys but now they are hypocritical and sanctimonious. I’m not looking forward to more of the same. Happy that John & Marlena are coming back. My opinion on Jack depends on which version of Jack comes back. LOVE the Dimeras. They make the show watchable for me. James Scott needs to stay!!! Without him the show just won’t be all that watchable for me and a lot of other folks. They definitely need to give Lexie and Abe more story. Hopefully, a story that will make Abe interesting.

12. Kelsey says:

I hope Chloe ends up reuniting with Philip and Parker :)

13. lene says:

They need to bring back Shawn and Belle. With Martha Madison as Belle.

• JMW says:

That’s crazy, if they bring back Shawn and Belle they should bring back Jason Cook and Kirsten Storms to play them.

• Jen says:

thank you, Martha Madison was horrible as Belle. There will only be one Belle to me and that’s Kirsten Storms

14. Trisha says:

Bring back EILEEN DAVIDSON as KRISTEN DIMERA!

15. mark says:

WHY!!! this is stupid i loveeeee CHLOE!!!!!!! but bring back Martha Madison as Belle, Kimberly and Shane

• NANCY says:

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SHAWN AND BELLE BACK IN SALEM EVEN IF IT MEANS WITH NEW FACES OF A NEW ACTOR AND ACTRESS IT IS STILL ABOUT FAMILY

16. mark says:

I hope Chloe at least reunites with philip and parker!!!

17. mark says:

PLEASE GETT RID of RAFE i hate him, ive been watching for few years and i hate him….I HOPE RAFE LEAVES….He’s the worst….but I love Sami let her stay

18. Leslye says:

I hate that Nadia is leaving, but the writers have ruined Chloe. Don’t care about Quinn and Taylor. Melanie and Dario can go too. Just give Bo and Hope a good story and I’m a happy girl.

19. Mark It Right says:

I agree the returns of Chloe, Carly & Vivian were handled horribly. Please of the Hernandez only keep Gabby. Galen couldn’t act on Passions and he’s not much better here. I think it is time to give Sami a rest. I like Melanie. As an actress she has improved so much. I wish they would bring Nathan back. He was one of the best additions in a long time. We were cheated out of Melanie & him getting together. Also why do people want characters to come back and be with the same people over and over. Why keep replaying the same triangle? I think people say they want that, but the moment it happens they will say ” Same old plot” and diss it. I hate that they are bringing John & Marlena back. Drake couldn’t act to save his life. I will give him credit for the robotic mean John that he was before changing him back to the boring one. He actually hardly ever raised that stupid eyebrow. As for Marlena, she is just plain ole annoying. No one is that nice. Please, please, please don’t bring back Austin. Specially played by Austin Peck. HORRIBLE! I think he and Shawn Christian (Daniel) went to the same bad acting school. Get rid of Daniel!I could live with out Jack too. Melanie has Maggie to lean on and they better not cut Maggie’s screen time. I have basically watched theshow for about 35 or so years. (I started real young). lol I am all for more Hortons. Forget the Brady’s. It is and always will be The Horton Family Show.

20. June says:

I feel like Ken Corday is purging anyone associated with Crystal Chappell (Nadia being a big part of “Venice”). It feels personal at this point, which is weird. It’s not like Chappell screwed up the return of Carly, the writers did a fine job of that on their own. It could have been and SHOULD have been awesome. DOOL is doomed.

21. maggie says:

They really don’t have any storyline for Chloe or Carly. It’s sad to see them go, but I guess the new writers have their own ideas for the show. I really like Tamara Braun, but they wasted her on a bad character. I’m so happy that Jack is coming back!

22. edgar says:

I am going to miss her. But it is time for her to movie on. She is a good actress, and she will land on her feet. I wish her all the best. Nadia should have been Wonder Woman. She will always be that. At least to me anyway. I would like her to do more music, She has a really good voice.

23. Catnip says:

Nadia should not leave!
    She is the most exciting thing to have happened to Days in decades!
    Make her end her slutty days, mend her ways and give her a real life. Make her part of the “family”.
    She has so much to offer, and we do love her the way she was, from the beginning, before you went crazy with the story line.

24. Cathryn says:

Getting rid of Galen is good… as is the rest except for Bjorlin!
    But, please, how much more Sami can we endure! Get rid of Sami instead of Chloe. Please!

• olivia says:

Sami is a legacy character played by the more famous Days actress outside of Daytime (maybe with Deidre Hall) she has to stay, she is quite indispensable but yeah get rid of Rafe for good, this Hernandez family is a failure Ken Corday..if you want your ratings listen to me.

• Kathy says:

You all need to leave Rafe alone! He better not get his walking papers! He and Sami are one of the reasons I still watch Days after 35 years. Sami is just Sami and has to stay too! I love the Horton’s and the Brady’s but you have to introduce new characters like Rafe and Daniel. The family is only so big! I agree that Taylor needs to go and Quinn bugs me. (although very handsome). Interesting that Marlena and John are coming back. Worried about the story lines there. May be over the top as usual. Jack back could be interesting. Depends on which Jack they hire back.
        I would like to see Shawn and Belle return from their long boating ride to give Bo and Hope more screen time. I will miss Chloe on the show and sorry the writers took her to slutville. I feel sure Nadia will bounce back just fine though w/ her talent and looks.

• Jen says:

I agree, keep Rafe and Sami, it is nice to see one “stable” loving couple on the show. Without them, I would stop watching. I also wish they would bring Nathan back…Nathan and Melanie’s romance was great and it was a shame the way the writers ended it.

• Shirley says:

Finally! I can agree with someone who makes some real sense! I totally agree with everything you said!

25. Cathryn says:

I agree that the writers have ruined Chloe. They seem to be writers of some teenage trash weekly. What happened to quality there?! the writers need to be pinkslipped! Get new writers and keep a good thing of quality, such as Nadia Bjorlin.

26. Patricia says:

I hope Chloe ends up reuniting with Philip and Parker, as she should!
    Keep Nadia Bjorlin in the show.

27. Beth says:

To the makers of DAYS:

PLEASE KEEP CHLOE! Make her a good and loving wife and mother. Stop your ruining the show by turning it into more and more a day version of Paradise hotel. Keep a good thing when you have it- Keep Nadia!

You may loose Sami and Nicole and all the love you seem to have for blond tarts. You seem to work hard at their story lines, but when you have a thing of true beauty- you ruin it!!! What is it with this world!
    I am not going to watch your show any more once Nadia is gone, thats for sure. You had me with her debut and then some, but lately… Where ever did you get your writers!?

28. Alaina says:

No matter how they wrote Chloe, Nadia always did an amazing job. Feel free to say anything you want about the character, but PLEASE refrain from talking badly about Nadia herself. She’s one of the kindest people I know and I hate to see her go, but this could really be a great thing for her. She’s going places, and I believe Days was only holding her back.

• edgar says:

I agree with you. She is going places. She has so much talent, that she can only go up. It is hard to believe that Days is losing the most beautiful woman on TV. It is a sad for the Days fans, but the future is looking bright for Nadia. The Wonder Woman they passed over.

29. Imane Assi says:

Nadia Bjorlin/Chloe Lane
    Losing the extremely talented and drop dead gorgeous Nadia is the worst thing that could happen to the show. When you have someone like Nadia on your show you don’t let her go. You write sl’s worthy of her talent and beauty. Wether it was her decision or yours, you have to find a way to bring her back and give us back the real Chloe. Chloe Lane: A veteran(12 years), very loved and famous character thanks to her portrayer….You can’t let her go: You’ll lose: Chloe’s ,Broe’s, Phloe’s, Danloe’s, Carloe’s, Luloe’s, Quinnloe’s fans. Huge fanbase. No other character on Daytime has such huge fanbase. You already lost most of them because of the damages caused by DH to the character. You have the chance to fix that with the new writers. Instead you let her go. Your loss.

• Magaly says:

Shelley Hennig leaving was bad enough. Now Nadia Bjorlin. At least Nadia has a movie she is shooting. And Hennig joined the cast of CW’s The Secret Circle. I am happy Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall are coming back though.

30. dee says:

galen gering is dynamite, but so underused. all his plots involve babies and children and as a background for the ever-boring sami. let him stand alone in a manly storyline and watch him take off. a good actor hidden under lesser actors.

31. John says:

Chloe is in desperate need of a change but I have a feeling Bjorlin going off contract will be the end of her stint at Days. She will be scooped up so quickly! Bad move on Cordays part! They need to bring back Shawn (Brandon Beemer) and have him be the shining light that Chloe so desperately needs in her life. Shawn has been missing for WAY too long! Put Bjorlin back on contract asap or she will be long gone!

32. SheaNick says:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES: PLEASE Bring Back Kimberly And Shane Once And
    For All! You FINALLY Reunited Them Last Summer, But All Too
    Briefly. You Have Got A Goldmine On This Couple. The Storylines
    And Emotions(Especially Patsy Pease As Kimberly) That This
    Couple Can Act Out Would Be A BIG Win For The Show. Everyone
    Should Check Out YouTube Just To See How Great They Really Are.
    Hint Hint, Days New Writers.

• Magaly says:

That would be something if Kimberly, Shane, Eve, Emma Donovan and Gabrielle Pascal returned. Back in 87-88 the story lines revolved around them. Shane (Charles Shaughnessy) did do a cameo earlier in the year as well as coming on during Alice Horton’s funeral. But that would be something if all five returned together. Kimberly (Patsy Pease) was on not that long ago herself, but only by herself.

33. Juliet says:

Reunite Ejami , they were the only exiting pairing these last years, and these stupid writers did everything to destroy them so now that new writers are on board let’s try to rebuilt the off-the-charts chemistry couple based on two legacy/core families of this soap (Brady/Dimera).

34. lynn says:

I love nicole, cloe,& sami is the best. Bring back sean & belle

35. Sammy says:

NO!!!!! Please bring back CHLOE….she’s the best…this is a huge mistake…..CHLOE#1111
    Don’t make her leave…please!!!!!!!……Also bring back Shawn and Belle…

36. drobert says:

That sucks but they werent giving her anything meaty to sink her teeth into. Instead they choose to make all the women weak and drug addicted, pathetic. The only really good strong female characters are Nicole, Melanie, and Samie. But leave it to Days to pair these women with dreadful male counterparts. Instead of bringing back tired old characters ( jennifer, Marlena, John) they need to bring in some fresh, good talented and up the storylines. I mean, we need some action and daily cliffhangers. More than anything Days needs a mystery which poses a real threat, a nasty serial murderer or rapist who taunts the city.

37. Raj says:

I stopped watching Days a few years ago and just started watching again last year. I was happy with the return of Louise Sorel, she is beyond brilliant as an actress and frankly way too good for Days of Our Lives, bad mistake on their part. I rejoiced when John and Marlena left. Bo, Hope, John, and Marlena are the most boring characters on the show. Taylor bites and yes, I agree with some of the comments above that Quinn just got interesting. The current Brady is awful. He was awful on Passions and he is awful on Days, no offense but just being honest. Bring back the original Brady, he was such a good actor. Nicole and Vivian are the only entertaining characters these days. Ugh, Melanie is so blah. Jennifer, I love her, but god can they make her any more boring? Abby sucks, I don’t know where the heck they found this Kinsey girl, she’s just awful. Thank god for PVR/Tevo, can just forward through the crap. Ugh and they totally destroyed the Chloe character. Where are Craig and Nancy, like they wouldn’t help their daughter, please. Y&R is just so much better.

38. cindy smith says:

If you want people to watch Days get rid of Rafe He is what makes the show boring. Dario is boring. I hate the Hernandez family. Bring back Lucas. Lucas and Sami was fun to watch. I hate Jennifer she is so boring. I fastforward all the Rafe and Jennifer. EJ and Stephino is the only reason I watch Days. I hate Rafe and Jennifer they are so boring. I want EJ and Chole to have sex this would be so good. John and Marlena are so old. Why bring back old people. Bring back young people. Shaun Belle Mimi Rex Casey Phillip leave Cholie. Cholie is sexy. Cholie is good with Phillip. Get rid of all the old people. Leave Vivian she makes me laugh she is funny. Please get rid of Rafe he is no good for Days.

39. daniel says:

dear nadia i heard that you are leaving days of our lives i am really going to miss you on days i consider you the most beautiful women on the show you have such pretty eyes and such a pretty face the sight of you turns me on .ps i wish you luck in the future.

40. Red McCormick says:

Who writes the medical scenes? Maggie Horton having major surgery and NOT on a VENT??

41. malia says:

I am devastated that chloe is leaving. Tptb didn’t properly use her character and that isn’t the actresses fault but poor writing and storyline. I adored her with philip and the original brady. I liked her with quinn also. Happy john and marlena and jack are back. I hate daniel and jen together its just to much goody good in one area. The actress that plays carly is to hefty for me to believe the quinn and carly “thang”. Ill give this show the benefit of the doubt but I’m watch gh more and more.

42. malia says:

Btw….I love nicole….she brings a fire to the show and her and brady are perfect together. Sami is blah but she’s good with rafe. I adore dario. He makes me like fish lips melanie. Lol. I loathe gabby tho. They r gonna make will gay….I don’t mind gay characters at all…..but….they r forcing the will one.

43. Kristina says:

I’m glad that they are bringing back John and Marlena, because they never should have let them go in the first place. It would be great if they brought back Austin and Carrie and also Kim and Shane. I wish they wouldn’t get rid of Quinn so quickly and they shouldn’t get rid of Carly or Chloe, but I’m kind of happy that Vivian is leaving because while I loved her when she was on in the 90’s, her character changed and now she’s just annoying. I’m also happy that Taylor is leaving. I preferred Natalia in the role, only I didn’t think I liked her until she was no longer there. I would have been fine with Tamara playing her, but there’s something missing in her portrayal and I don’t think she has chemistry with EJ.

I hated that the writers turned Jack into such an idiot, who would abandon his family, because he never would have treated Jennifer — or his kids — that way. Old Jack when he was obsessed with Kayla, maybe, but not who he became once he was with Jenn; so if he does come back, the writers should realize the mistake they made and redeem themselves by fixing that. However, seeing that ‘Passion’ writers are coming on board, I’m already cringing, considering how that show was.

I love Nicole and unlike some here, I adore the current Brady, Jennifer and of course Bo and Hope, so I hope all of them stay. Melanie has grown on me, as well, and I wouldn’t mind seeing Belle and Shawn back, either.

44. lauren says:

please dont get rid of quinn! i have been a loyal Days fan for 20 yrs and liked a lot of charectors but i cant take my eyes off him, he is beautifull.. i would actually watch another soap if he were on it…

45. sandra says:

Hell leave Maria on and take off Jennifer. I love nadia Jennifer and take off Hope but leave nadia. Hell take off fact. I have been watching days since I was little I’m a true fan now I’m begging you leave chloe

46. Mike says:

Wow, this sucks. One of my favorite reasons for turning on Days these days is to see the VERY HOT Nadia Bjorlin!!! I’m bummed!!!

47. Jen says:

Carrie and Austin are coming back! I think they return on 9/26

48. ashley says:

chloe is my favorite on the whole show!! please bring her back:/ i am absolutely devistated to see her leaving! idk if i can even watch it anymore if she does…
    the disappointment

49. PHYLLIS says:

I HAVE WATCHED THE SHOW SINCE JULIE WAS A YOUNG GIRL 1967. GLAD THAT TAMARA AKA TAYLOR IS LEAVING CANT STAND HER OR HER CHARACTR. GLAD CARLEY IS LEAVING TOO. BOTH TOO WHINEY I TAPE THE SHOW THESE DAYS AND PLAY BACK WITHOUT COMMERCIALS. i ALWAYS SKIP OVER BOTH OF THESE CHARACTERS. BY THE WASY FOR YOUR YOUNGER VIEWERS JULIE WAS ALICE HORTON’S GRANDDAUGHTER. SHE IS HOPE’S SISTER/ STEP MOTHER. DOUG WAS MARRIED TO ADDIE, ALICE’S DAUGHTER BEFORE HE MARRIED JULIE. NOW THOSE WERE THE DAYS CONFUSING HUH?

50. Alan says:

As a fan of Days since around the fall of 1987 when I used to record it and was 9, I can say the show is not as good as it was over various periods during the past 23 years.

Seeing Jennifer back is good, because she looked like she quit soaps in 06 for good, but not having her with Jack is horrible. The nice thing is Jack is coming back. The bad thing is all the people leaving to make room for the people returning. Nadia was good since her return on Days as Chloe. What is sad is seeing her leave. I’ll miss her and will follow her career.

The various changes over the past 4 years have been all over the place. Hard to follow. But that is how it goes. I understand Sarah Brown comes in October. Like the departing Tamara Braun, she also played Carly once on general Hospital.

I’ll also miss Crystal as Carly, but she only joined because Guiding Light ended. I wonder if she will be recurring and eventually make periodic returns. But for now she is done with Days.

The odd thing will be that Patrick Maldoon will play Austin. Not Austin Peck. So this will be Patrick’s return to the character since the early 90s. Austin Peck played the character so long that people might have forgotten another guy played him first. Then as I recall it Patrick was on Melrose Place in the mid-90s.

We’ll see how it does because when Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall were let go it looked like they were done for good.