Exclusive

Scoop: Walking Dead's Fresh Meat Revealed!

Remember how Walking Dead exec producer Robert Kirkman previously told TVLine  that the show’s survivors would meet a bunch of new characters when they stumble upon Hershel’s Farm in season 2? Well, now we’ve found out who at least a few of them will be!

According to some just-released casting intel, Hershel himself is a vet — as in a veterinarian, not a veteran (that I know of!) — a Wilford Brimley type, though I don’t think a mustache of legendary proportions is mandatory for auditioning actors. His daughter, Maggie, sounds like a younger version of Andrea with better horseback-riding skills. (Ginger Snaps’ Katharine Isabelle, call your agent!) Finally, there’s Otis, the middle-aged ranch foreman who’s such a sweetheart that he all but loses it when he accidentally shoots a fellow survivor.

So what do you think? Is Zombieland ready for some fresh blood?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Tyler says:

What the show really needs is Tyrese!

2. Anthony Newhall says:

I need Kathrine Isabelle on this show it would be amazing.

3. Matt says:

A bunch of new survivors… One of them shoots a fellow survivor… Lost season 2 flashbacks anyone?

4. sarah says:

I would LOVE if Katharine Isabelle was on this show. I love her and she deserves something good.

• Stehpo says:

I dont know about the skills of the actress, but she looks nothing like Maggie. As a fan of the comic-book, i would not like her casted for that role.

5. jrs says:

Season 2 can’t come soon enough!!!! Cannot wait to see where this show goes next.

6. John Berggren says:

I’m happy with any characters they throw at as so long as they sustain the quality from season 1.

7. Laurel says:

They were talking about getting Stephen King to write an episode.
    I hope they can make it happen.
    I can’t wait for Season 2 to begin.
    True Blood will be keeping me busy while I wait …

I do feel sorry for the cast & crew having to film in this freakin HEAT and humidity though !
    It must be brutal.

8. bethany0403 says:

I know they are aiming to premiere Season 2 on Halloween like last season, but I am wondering with Mad Men being pushed back because Matthew Weiner was being greedy, will that push The Walking Dead premiere date back too?

• Laurel says:

AMC was adamant that the Walking Dead would start directly after the 2 week Halloween Movie Fearfest.
      They also announced that they would NOT be starting Mad Men until January 2012 .

I really don’t think the schedule will change…

• John says:

One man’s greed is another man’s just compensation for creating a company’s flagship, attention-gaining product. I’m not an agent or an entertainment business guy, so I won’t even begin to guess where the labels go in that negotiation.

9. Rob J. says:

What everybody’s waiting for is news on who’s going to play Michonne, IMO

10. Dr. Matt says:

Any word on when Season 2 is airing? Or was it announced and I just missed it?

• Sara says:

I thought they said it’ll be another Halloween premiere, but it’s been a while since I heard that, so it could’ve changed.

• Mike says:

Don’t know for sure but if we count the weeks out from Breaking Bad’s 7/17 premiere, Walking Dead could be ready to go on 10/16 or 10/23 (would depend on if BB takes a week off for Labor Day) I just can’t imagine TWD airing episodes on Christmas and New Year’s Day (both Sundays) and Mad Men starts in January. So, I have no idea how they’re going to fit these 13 eps in. Maybe a couple 2 hour (back to back) eps!?

11. NickC says:

They are not even shooting yet? WTF?

12. Jen says:

don’t want them to screw with the timeline, but i really can’t wait for Tyrese and Michonne to be cast. Herschel’s farm is not really important to me except for Maggie

13. a. burch says:

it would be great of katharine isabelle was in the show, but it is unlikely since she is starring in a canadian series, a showcase original called endgame. about a chess genius who uses strategy to solve crimes, with shawn doyle and the original gym teacher from glee, the one who almost married emma.

14. T McNeil says:

Katharine Isabelle needs another “Falling Angels”-type project (albeit with an actual release) more than to be saddled with more ‘genre’ roles. But she certainly can ride a horse. And if the producers really wanted her, all they would have to do is also cast Brendan Fletcher (since that was enough to get her to do “Ogre” and Uwe Boll’s “Rampage”). Kind of hoping to see KI not be given more reasons to be on the horror convention circuit.

15. Sheldon W. says:

I’m pretty sure that Katherine Isabelle’s schedule is open for The Walking Dead. The first season of Endgame, a stirling Canadian mystery series, should be just about done.

If she got on with TWD, that would give her two gigs on high quality shows that would still give her time to do the odd movies on her hiatus. That would be pretty cool.