Pretty Little Liars Exclusive: Meet Alison's Mom!

Prepare to be rocked, Rosewood.

ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars has cast Less Than Perfect alumna Andrea Parker as dearly (?) departed Alison’s mother, who happens to be nothing like her scheming daughter — at first!

Parker makes her PLL debut in the sixth episode of the cable sudser’s second season (premiering Tuesday, June 14) as Jessica DiLaurentis, Ali’s seemingly sweet mom who returns to Rosewood to oversee a charity fashion show being held in her daughter’s honor. With all four Liars assisting with the festivities,  the MIA momma is initially overjoyed to reconnect with Ali’s longtime friends. (Obviously she hasn’t heard that they are now kinda sorta suspects in her murder.)

Of course, nothing — and no one — is as it seems in this treacherous little town, so expect Jessica’s motives to come into question very quickly.

No word yet on just how many episodes of PLL Parker will take part in, but she was cast as a recurring player, so look forward to seeing a healthy dose of the mystery matriarch this summer.

Comments (34)

• She’ll always be Miss Parker to me. And I hope PLL gets better! The show is terrible compared to what the books were!!!

Comment by Steven – May 20, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ur effn crazy the show is amazing!!!!

Comment by Ash – May 20, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you ash. this show is amazing. lets not forget… this show is the all time favorite show of millions of people. that is so wonderful to know that people love it as much as i do…
        -A

Comment by -A – May 20, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No I’m not. The show is like watching a train wreck… or Secret Life. Awful.

Comment by Steven – May 20, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well then, I say, take that rectangle thing, they call a remote & change the channel. Quit ruining it for the rest of the fans that LOVE the show!!!

Comment by kelela – May 20, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How am I ruining it? By voicing my opinion. I watch it because I know it’ll be the only adaptation of the books there will be, but I’m allowed to say the show sucks.

Comment by Steven – May 20, 2011 07:02 PM PDT
      • I AGREEE LOVE THE SHOW

Comment by LIlian – March 29, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, I couldn’t stomach the books. If I didn’t have to read them I wouldn’t have.

Comment by TheReasonsY – May 22, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, from the good ol days of The Pretender! Was she Emma Peel hot, or what?

Comment by brutony – May 23, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree 100%
    I read the books and i’m an avid follower of the show.
    The books and the show do have differences but that’s because the show isnt directed by Sara Sheppard.
    Different artists have different interpretations.
    You just have to keep an open mind.

Comment by Sam – May 20, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, the books are different from the show. The admitted that they are different from the show.

Comment by Shelby Stapleton – May 20, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just a little error I found in this article. Isn’t June 14th going to be the start of the THIRD season?!?!? The 1st and 2nd seasons already came and went right? I watched them too.

Comment by Bree – May 20, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No its the 2nd season. ABC Family airs the seasons in 2 parts: summer & winter.

Comment by chris – May 20, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, the episodes so far have only been the first season (: Season 2 begins June 14th (Tuesdays @ 8)

Comment by Sabrina – May 20, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no it’s the 2nd season. season 1 was just in two parts. because of the success of the first ten episodes, ABC Family ordered 12 more episodes to be added to season one. :)

Comment by kelly – May 20, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is the third season I don’t understand why a lot of people are saying it’s the second I’m guessing a lot of people didnt watch the first season that’s why they think it’s the second season but everyone it is the third season duh

Comment by Ashley – May 20, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, it’s the second season. The first season was in two parts. So it’s the second season, “duh”. Please, don’t act like an expert when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment by Holly – May 21, 2011 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha oops Tuesdays @ 8

Comment by Sabrina – May 20, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No the seasons are divided in 2

Comment by Dayana – May 20, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Show is great and June 14th will be season two, Bree I refer to your comment the “The 1st and 2nd seasons already came and went right?”
    that was both first season they were just on a season break before resuming season one, the second season will be aired on June 14th and I cant wait

Comment by Meme – May 20, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alrighty, thank you. I guess I just wasn’t really educated. LOL But I guess that makes sense.

Comment by Bree – May 20, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they had her mom with blonde hair in the first episode at her funeral? They are changing her and they changed spencer’s original parents and the original Ian from the first episode too.

Comment by andrea Dethmers – May 20, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its open season for liars, and i’m hunting
    -A

Comment by -A – May 20, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Were can u watch the first 10 epispisodes for free???

Comment by juliet – May 20, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ch131.com go in tv shows lol :P

Comment by jessica – May 20, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was all season 1. Shows do take long breaks between episodes sometimes…. And if you want to watch an episode download a torrent file. Try btjunkie.org

Comment by Amanda – May 20, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you have not read the books then listen up. Allison killed Allison. She has a twin named courtney and she tool over allisons life and Allison killed her. Also allisons is going to come back but she pretends to be courtesy and she tries to kill the PLL. Your welcome.

Comment by evil – May 20, 2011 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t ruin it for people!

Comment by Steven – May 21, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABCFamily has announced about SIX BILLION TIMES that A and Allison’s killer are not the same as they are in the books. Nice try, though.

Comment by Mal – May 21, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey guys it’s season 2 I should know they just had a half season premiere last time

Comment by Ashbenzo – May 21, 2011 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Miss Parker! Awesome.

Comment by Ania – May 21, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m don’t know enough about ur show but actors r actors.
    When a actors work in studio there he is in his/her roll that time he is the MAN IN ROLL.

We Respect our actors & actress.

Thanks & Regards
    Saurabhaaryasingh

Comment by Aarya – May 21, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Andrea Parker @ The Pretender, I’m glad to see her again.

Comment by Mari Guerra – May 24, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post