The Good Wife Exclusive: Chase's Kelli Giddish to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

Chase heroine Kelli Giddish has tracked down a multi-episode arc on CBS’ The Good Wife.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on The Good Wife and More

Giddish will appear in this season’s final two episodes playing what is being described as a provocative role — an investigator for Lockhart Gardner who used to work with Kalinda (Archie Panjabi).

There’s buzz Giddish may return in the fall — assuming The Good Wife is back next fall. CBS has yet to renew the acclaimed drama for a third season.

NBC’s Chase is currently airing the final episodes of its freshman season on Saturdays at 8/7c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. LOL says:

Kalinda’s new love interest??

2. Nicole says:

It is unbelievable that CBS hasnt renewed this show yet. Seriously what are they waiting for? They haven’t renewed blue bloods either, and that show easily wins it’s timeslot

• Anna says:

Winning the timeslot isn’t enough for CBS; or Without A Trace, Numb3rs, Cold Case and Ghost Whisperer would still be on the air. Instead CBS will most likeley cut at least four hours of programming to make room for new shows. This may include TGW, BB and even a CSI or two.

• xav says:

Hardly anyone paid attention to those shows at the end though. When they were canceled a lot of people were legitimately surprised that they were still on the air.

• Meredith44 says:

Sadly winning a timeslot doesn’t matter. And high total viewer numbers don’t matter. What matters is the 18-49 rating. Plus the fact, as Anna says, they have to make room for new programs. CBS can afford to be a lot pickier than NBC, because they do really well overall. Shows are competing with other shows on the same network for a spot. They are not competing with the shows on other networks, so “winning the timeslot” against other networks is pretty meaningless. (So many of CBS’s shows do that, plus there are shows like NCIS that don’t win their timeslot (vs. American Idol) but which are high performers.)

With that being said, I really, really, really want The Good Wife to be renewed!

3. Luc says:

A love interest for Kalinda? NO, thanks.

4. Monique says:

Really CBS? Renew The Good Wife already!!

5. BRETT says:

I am hopeful this won’t turn into another love interest for Kalinda. I really love her character, and support her lifestyle. However, I don’t think that every woman she comes in contact with should have to be her love interest. I think she’s bisexual. (Did we ever figure out in season one who the lesbian they were going to reveal on the news was? I remember Dianne’s face. They were definitely hinting at something there; did they drop that storyline?) Either way they go, though, it’ll be awesome. The writing on this show is superb.

• Rock Golf says:

I think having a woman who had no romantic interest at all in Kalinda would be a clever and non-cliche move, exactly what the show is famous for.

And yes, the “lesbian at Lockhart Gardner is none other than… Dianne Lockhart” was the TV gossip show reveal. Dianne got a good chuckle out of it.

• BRETT says:

I agree with your first statement. I hope that’s the route they take this time around. Bring back that FBI agent that Kalinda had previously dated, and there’s her love interest. I just hate too many love interests in any show…period. But I didn’t realize that “reveal” was a joke! Am I just imagining this scene where they were watching TV at night at L&G and Dianne looked terrified? Maybe I’m not remembering clearly…

• Karin says:

One of the producers has previously stated that they had a whole plot line devoted to Kalinda and Agent Lana Delaney, but Jill Flint was busy with Royal Pains and couldn’t get away so they had to scrap it. … The reveal was a joke in that it’s not true. You are right that they were watching TV at night (though mostly separately). It was the show of the television host they had just completed a case against for his role in a woman’s suicide. Diane was very amused. She guffawed at the idea.

• c s says:

I don’t think they’re bringing in a love interest for her but if she’s worked with Kalinda before she’s probably a PAST love interest. It’s pretty obvious Kalinda is a love ‘em and leave ‘em type.

6. Cindy says:

Kalinda’s only love interest should be Carey!!!

• Alicia says:

Amen! That boy is so in love with her. Every episode she’s like “I need a favor” (usually more than once) and he keeps on giving. I wish she’d reciprocate a little.

• Luc says:

I also wish she’d reciprocate. And if she can’t, she should just leave him alone, especially because it seems that he’s tired to be just used… I really like Kalinda but I also really don’t like her attitude about it.

• xav says:

Ugh. The most she can do for him is say that he’s a nice guy whom she’s trying to keep on her side for support while out with someone she actually likes. If they had a single scene where she didn’t want something from him then I could maybe get behind it. But then she’d just sleep with him and break his heart two episodes later.

7. Ashton says:

I think I would publically boycott CBS if Good Wife isn’t renewed.

8. Yo says:

NOT renewed???????? NO!

9. Ingmar says:

All the contract things point towards a possible renewal so I can’t wait for an official statement of CBS.

10. jean10brook says:

I am an avid watcher of The Good Wife and Chase. Love both shows and am excited that “Annie” Kelli is going to be on The Good Wife. I would have no problem at all with her being involved with Kalinda, cuz I just really like both actresses and I think they will play off of each other extremely well. I am just glad that Kelli will be on, in any capacity and can’t wait to see what CBS has in store for us. I hope you will all give Kelli a chance in what ever role they place her in. She really is awesome!

• Liz says:

I totally agree with you. I generally do not get hooked on new shows; but Chase was a refreshing escape from all the reality and other pointless shows. Kelli Giddish was a wonderful lead actress, and it’s sad that NBC didn’t give the show a chance to evolve. However, I was so pleased to see Kelli on The Good Wife-especially playing a quasi lesbian role. As a ‘lipstick lesbian’ from the South; it was awesome to see Kelli Giddish step up to the plate-so to speak, and show her versatility as an actress. I hope that this show gets renewed and that this storyline is continued. It may be small, inconsequential steps for some; but for others such as myself, steps like this are considered to be huge strides in the right direction.

11. BRETT says:

For everyone complaining it hasn’t been renewed – CBS has BARELY renewed any series. I think they are waiting till upfronts. THE GOOD WIFE will be renewed.

12. Karrie says:

I’ve been watching Kelli Giddish since her All My Children days therefore I’m excited for her to appear on The Good Wife, assuming it’s renewed. Although I really hated that NBC cancelled ‘Chase’ as she and Eddie Cibrian had some great chemistry going on the few times he graced us onscreen!

13. BrianR says:

NOOOOO, Kalinda’s love interest must be Alicia Florek!!!!

14. Corinne says:

I’m thinking she is being brought in to assist Alicia on cases, since her and Kalinda will probably have a hard time working on cases together. I doubt she would be a romantic interest, but maybe she could shine some light on Kalinda’s true character making a chance for Alicia to like her again.

15. Tracy says:

Oh, pleeeeeease let her be Kalinda’s new love interest. And let CBS get their heads outta their…um, donkey’s (?) and renew this show!

16. Lennox says:

Anything that might reveal a bit more about Kalinda’s murky past is intriguing to me…

Can’t say whether I’m behind this new investigator being a love interest for Kalinda till I see whether they have any chemistry or not. Trying to force the romance thing is irksome. It would be nice if it were a little more organic…

Anyway – CBS. We’re hooked, okay? Don’t be coy – RENEW!

17. jstblzn7 says:

I like that Kelli Giddish landed even temporarily on her feet, but if the last few episodes of Chase are as good as Father Figure which aired 4/23 then that leaves Cole Hauser and Rose Rollins without work as Amaury Nolasco and Jesse Metcalfe have landed other gigs. I really wish all the networks, cbs included (especially nbc) would give those great shows Good Wife, Chase, Undercovers, etc some real support and renew and everyone would be happy. Good going Kelli – just read where they have signed Alan Cummings on to Good Wife for three more seasons which would lead you to believe it (GOOD WIFE) is definitely getting renewed though CBS has yet to formally announce it.