Parenthood Vs. Brothers & Sisters: 'Renew Our Show!' Quarterfinals Continue!

You want family drama? You can’t handle our brand of family drama! Wait, you think you can? Okay, well how about NBC’s Braverman clan locked in a bloody battle to the death against ABC’s Walker household? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that’s the kind of intensity you’re getting in the quarterfinals of TVLine.com’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Bracket Tournament, where No. 4 seed Parenthood is clashing with No. 5 seed Brothers & Sisters for a coveted semifinal berth.

Parenthood and Brothers & Sisters are already grizzled “Renew Our Show!” veterans, having respectively vanquished The Defenders and Harry’s Law in Round One of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Chuck Battles Lie To Me as the ‘Renew Our Show!’ Tournament Quarterfinals Begin!

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next week, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the “Renew Our Show!” field — until there’s only one champ standing. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But before that happens, you’ve got to make a decision: Team Braverman or Team Walker. Polls will be open for 48 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Fringe Vs. Outsourced: Only One Can Survive in the ‘Renew Our Show’ Tourney

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

1. Beth says:

I love both shows, but Parenthood is AMAZING and B&S hasn’t been very good this season. I would be sad to see it go, but it might be time.

• Peppy says:

I couldn’t agree with you more!

• Avon97 says:

Sadly, I agree!! In its prime B&S would have won my vote no contest though.

• chrissy says:

I agree, I like BOTH shows and B&S has not been good this year but I think BOTH deserve to be renewed and given the chance to go on until they are ready to end.

• Deb says:

Used to love brothers and sisters until they made it all about gay issues! Give me a break! Watched it anyway, because Rob Lowe was on there. He’s gone. The show should be also!

2. John D says:

This is an easy choice. Parenthood is one of the best shows on NBC and has one of the best ensemble casts on network TV. NBC would be stupid to not give it another year. There need to be more shows like Parenthood on TV.

3. Ali says:

I agree. I like and watch both shows, but Parenthood has heart, deals with believable issues and has an incredible cast and writing. I love B&S, but it’s had a good run and sometimes the storylines get a little bit ridiculous. Best case scenario is they both come back :) But I would be crushed if we lost Parenthood this early on!!

4. Amy says:

Phood!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rowan says:

Phood! That’s hysterical! Do you mean it to be pronounced like ‘P-Hood’ or “food” (which is what is would sound like with that spelling). I prefer the “food” pronunciation.

5. Teecie says:

I used to love B & S, but this season has been dreadful. Parenthood is amazing – the cast is brilliant and the writing is intelligent and really entertaining.

6. Doug says:

I think outside of critics, no one watches Brothers and Sisters. Parenthood is a good show with a great cast, even if they cant always figure out how to give everyone enough screen/story time

• Rowan says:

If no one but critics watched B&S the show would get a 0.0 rating and would have been off the air immediately this season. I watch both shows, but B&S more out of habit. This season they have been really floundering and it hasn’t helped that four or their actors jumped ship within this season.

Parenthood is a well written, vibrant show that doesn’t drag things out the way B&S does. The only storyline B&S didn’t drag out at all was the Scotty/Kevin-will-they-or-won’t-they- break-up storyline. They guy who plays Scotty was terrific as was Matthew Rhys (Kevin). It was painful to watch because they are a great couple on the show and the reactions of the other Walkers and Saul were poignant. But they wrapped ti up within two episodes and gave what could have been this seasons one great storyline the short shrift. It’s time to end the show.

7. Serena says:

Parenthood. Obviously. I mean, Brothers&Sisters has just gotten so..soap oprah like in the past two seasons. It’s not as realistic anymore like it used to be in the first two seasons. Parenthood however is just so amazing…it’s SO realistic and the storylines are so real and heartbreaking. The cast is phenomenal as well as the writing..it’s just AMAZING and more people should be watching!!

8. Adrienne says:

Parenthood!

9. famous artist says:

B&S has run its course. PARENTHOOD is amazing

10. Ingmar says:

Brothers & Sisters for sure!

11. Maria says:

LOVE Parenthood!

12. Cricket says:

Brothers and Sisters! For 5 years I have been looking forward to Sunday nights with a glass of wine and the Walkers. It has been a bit soapy this season, but I still want it around.

• Farah says:

I couldn’t agree more! Brothers & Sisters has come this far and it should continue going further. It touches on every realistic issue that goes on in a family. I look to the Walkers for inspiration and motivation to continue living despite having a problematic family.

13. Jan Abueg says:

Parenthood! I love the ensemble cast (and it’s especially great that Lauren Graham is active on TV again) and the storylines are believable. Parenthood’s writing is phenomenal and all the actors are wonderful in their performances. Parenthood is a show that we can all relate to in some way. I feel as if B&S has run its course.

Parenthood all the way!

14. Tammy says:

As much as I love B&S, I have to vote Parenthood. This season has been so fantastic that I can’t let Parenthood go so quickly.

15. Thom says:

Brothers and Sisters for sure!

16. Nora says:

Parenthood!!

17. Ticamama says:

Parenthood absolutamente! Luv me my Parenthood – been watching since Episode #1 and what can I say, the best show on TV. I know in a past life i was a Braverman or married to one! Waiting impatiently for next episode; as soon as they not show a sneak peak, I was freaking. Watching Parenthood is addictive. I’m going through withdrawal right now.

18. KG says:

Parenthood only cause Lauren Graham is better looking, i make this choice based on the fact that i dont watch either show

19. Annay says:

I love Bros&Sis and I think I will support them…but every episode I watch of Parenthood resonates within me a real world symmetry. Bros and Sis stop doing that a while ago. I watch it though faithfully but this season the story lines and archs’ aren’t as powerful as Parenthood’s. Parenthood is “REAL” life television. I can honestly say there is NOTHING that happens in Parenthood that hasn’t happened to the everyday person. They touch on such scenarios and handle them like an “ACTUAL” person would with limited to regular resources. I just find myself crying on every episode of Parenthood and posting to my FB directly after. I voted for Parenthood. Bros and Sis has been around a while and Parenthood is just getting its bearings!

20. Garrett says:

‘Brothers & Sisters’ has completely tanked this season. Was it new writers who destroyed this once-must-see show? Can anyone actually recall a steady storyline this season? The show is a mess – it needs to be put out of its misery.

21. Matt says:

BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

It might not be at its peak right now, but it deserves a proper final season! (And PUHLEASEEEE, can we have back Jon Robin Baitz and/or Greg Berlanti for it?!)

22. Chau says:

Parenthood!!!!

23. Romain says:

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, TVLine, you do NOT do that to me! You do NOT pit two of my favorite shows against each other! I refuse to participate in this round on principle alone. I cannot, I WILL NOT choose between the Bravermans and the Walkers.

24. Sophie says:

Parenthood is one of my favourite shows. I would save it just for the fact it brought lauren graham back :)

25. l says:

PARENTHOOD!!! <3

26. Parenthhood says:

Parenthood!!!

27. Lala says:

Team Braverman! Parenthood has been on fire lately and I would be incredibly sad if we lost the show so soon. Plus I need my weekly dose of Lauren Graham!

28. Anna says:

Parenthood of course!

29. Rachel says:

Team Braverman!!

30. H. says:

I vote for parenthood, because it’s an awesome show but mostly because I ADORE Lauren Graham soooo much, she’s awesome and I would be devastated if she would not be on TV anymore. Something would be missing then, like it did when Gilmore girls ended…I never want that to happen again!! <3

31. Karen says:

Love Parenthood

32. ME says:

PArenthood!

33. Kathrin says:

Yes! Parenthood :D

34. Tom says:

Brothers & Sisters, because people actually watch it. And it deserves a proper final season.

35. Gilda905 says:

I enjoy them both very much and would hate to see either of them cancelled but would choose Parenthood as the top runner.

36. John Berggren says:

I’m a fan of brothers and sisters but it feels like its run it’s course. I haven’t seen it, but give Parenthood a chance to shine.

37. Karen says:

This is too much like Sophie’s Choice…just renew ‘em both and be done with it!

38. Pregolady says:

Team Braverman!

39. ann says:

Parenthood. Definitely. Though I’m not looking forward to choosing between ‘Team Braverman’ and ‘Team Chuck’.

40. dawn says:

Team Braverman all day! I watch both shows, but I’m totally in LOVE with Parenthood. I used to love Brothers and Sisters, but this season is just tired.

41. kat says:

I agree with above. I had a hard time with Parenthood at first, but then I realized it was kind of why I loved FNL so much. The awkward moments are because it’s how life really goes (obviously to an extent). People don’t always storm out, say the right thing or end up having crazy sex. It’s those realistic times that are painfully wrong or silent that Jason Katims gets so well. They really have horrible teenage insecurities down! Unfortunately I relate way too much to Sarah’s bumbling. Brothers and sisters, which I have always loved, is kind of flailing this season. No one really has a decent story line, Justin constantly failing, scotty cheating, Sarah always treating whatshisface like crap. Kitty sleeping with a student or whatever that young coffee guy is. Dean’s son? And tommy, don’t get me started on tommy. Ugh. Is it in any way unclear how I voted?

42. Amber says:

Tough choice, I’ve watched both shows from the beginning and like them both. However, Brothers and Sisters is starting to look a bit long in the tooth while Parenthood is still so new and fresh and has a million ways they could go with their stories. Parenthood just has the momentum right now.

43. ane says:

I JUST LOVE Parenthood!P’hood for sure

44. Rachel says:

I love both of these shows but Parenthood is really amazing, and come on, it has Lauren Graham :P

45. bridgett says:

Parenthood all the way

46. Jayne says:

Parenthood for sure!!

47. kopy09 says:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (stomping foot and looking like a brat), I want them both!!!

48. Phine says:

Parenthood!

49. Brock says:

MEAN!

Why couldn’t it be PARENTHOOD vs Lie to Me?
    Or B&S vs. Human Target?

Argh.

I’d go parenthood, as I’m not ready for it to go.
    Love, oh how I LOVE the Walkers (and Scotty).

Oh, mean, mean, mean!

50. Guille Cabello says:

Brothers And Sisters. I love it.