Parenthood Vs. Brothers & Sisters: 'Renew Our Show!' Quarterfinals Continue!

You want family drama? You can’t handle our brand of family drama! Wait, you think you can? Okay, well how about NBC’s Braverman clan locked in a bloody battle to the death against ABC’s Walker household? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that’s the kind of intensity you’re getting in the quarterfinals of TVLine.com’s first annual “Renew Our Show!” Bracket Tournament, where No. 4 seed Parenthood is clashing with No. 5 seed Brothers & Sisters for a coveted semifinal berth.

Parenthood and Brothers & Sisters are already grizzled “Renew Our Show!” veterans, having respectively vanquished The Defenders and Harry’s Law in Round One of our single-elimination competition for 16 on-the-bubble series hoping to score slots on the 2011-2012 primetime calendar.

Chuck Battles Lie To Me as the ‘Renew Our Show!’ Tournament Quarterfinals Begin!

Every weekday at 1 p.m. ET for the next week, you’ll be able to vote in polls to help narrow down the “Renew Our Show!” field — until there’s only one champ standing. Click here to see the entire bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). And if you’re losing sleep about the status of anything currently on your DVR “series-recording” lineup, don’t miss our regularly updated Renewal Scorecard feature.

But before that happens, you’ve got to make a decision: Team Braverman or Team Walker. Polls will be open for 48 hours, so do your civic duty, then hit the comments to justify your vote, and head to Facebook and Twitter to whip your fellow fanboys and fangirls into a frenzy.

Fringe Vs. Outsourced: Only One Can Survive in the ‘Renew Our Show’ Tourney

Oh! And to get alerted to all future “Renew Our Show” showdowns, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now what are you waiting for? Get voting!

Comments (123)

• I love both shows, but Parenthood is AMAZING and B&S hasn’t been very good this season. I would be sad to see it go, but it might be time.

Comment by Beth – March 18, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree with you more!

Comment by Peppy – March 19, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly, I agree!! In its prime B&S would have won my vote no contest though.

Comment by Avon97 – March 19, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I like BOTH shows and B&S has not been good this year but I think BOTH deserve to be renewed and given the chance to go on until they are ready to end.

Comment by chrissy – March 21, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Used to love brothers and sisters until they made it all about gay issues! Give me a break! Watched it anyway, because Rob Lowe was on there. He’s gone. The show should be also!

Comment by Deb – August 16, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is an easy choice. Parenthood is one of the best shows on NBC and has one of the best ensemble casts on network TV. NBC would be stupid to not give it another year. There need to be more shows like Parenthood on TV.

Comment by John D – March 18, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Our family completely agrees! We look forward to Parenthood every Tuesday night. Don’t take it away!!

Comment by Jen – April 24, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I like and watch both shows, but Parenthood has heart, deals with believable issues and has an incredible cast and writing. I love B&S, but it’s had a good run and sometimes the storylines get a little bit ridiculous. Best case scenario is they both come back :) But I would be crushed if we lost Parenthood this early on!!

Comment by Ali – March 18, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phood!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Amy – March 18, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Phood! That’s hysterical! Do you mean it to be pronounced like ‘P-Hood’ or “food” (which is what is would sound like with that spelling). I prefer the “food” pronunciation.

Comment by Rowan – March 19, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love B & S, but this season has been dreadful. Parenthood is amazing – the cast is brilliant and the writing is intelligent and really entertaining.

Comment by Teecie – March 18, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think outside of critics, no one watches Brothers and Sisters. Parenthood is a good show with a great cast, even if they cant always figure out how to give everyone enough screen/story time

Comment by Doug – March 18, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If no one but critics watched B&S the show would get a 0.0 rating and would have been off the air immediately this season. I watch both shows, but B&S more out of habit. This season they have been really floundering and it hasn’t helped that four or their actors jumped ship within this season.

Parenthood is a well written, vibrant show that doesn’t drag things out the way B&S does. The only storyline B&S didn’t drag out at all was the Scotty/Kevin-will-they-or-won’t-they- break-up storyline. They guy who plays Scotty was terrific as was Matthew Rhys (Kevin). It was painful to watch because they are a great couple on the show and the reactions of the other Walkers and Saul were poignant. But they wrapped ti up within two episodes and gave what could have been this seasons one great storyline the short shrift. It’s time to end the show.

Comment by Rowan – March 19, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood. Obviously. I mean, Brothers&Sisters has just gotten so..soap oprah like in the past two seasons. It’s not as realistic anymore like it used to be in the first two seasons. Parenthood however is just so amazing…it’s SO realistic and the storylines are so real and heartbreaking. The cast is phenomenal as well as the writing..it’s just AMAZING and more people should be watching!!

Comment by Serena – March 18, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!

Comment by Adrienne – March 18, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&S has run its course. PARENTHOOD is amazing

Comment by famous artist – March 18, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters for sure!

Comment by Ingmar – March 18, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE Parenthood!

Comment by Maria – March 18, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers and Sisters! For 5 years I have been looking forward to Sunday nights with a glass of wine and the Walkers. It has been a bit soapy this season, but I still want it around.

Comment by Cricket – March 18, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more! Brothers & Sisters has come this far and it should continue going further. It touches on every realistic issue that goes on in a family. I look to the Walkers for inspiration and motivation to continue living despite having a problematic family.

Comment by Farah – March 19, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood! I love the ensemble cast (and it’s especially great that Lauren Graham is active on TV again) and the storylines are believable. Parenthood’s writing is phenomenal and all the actors are wonderful in their performances. Parenthood is a show that we can all relate to in some way. I feel as if B&S has run its course.

Parenthood all the way!

Comment by Jan Abueg – March 18, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love B&S, I have to vote Parenthood. This season has been so fantastic that I can’t let Parenthood go so quickly.

Comment by Tammy – March 18, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers and Sisters for sure!

Comment by Thom – March 18, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!!

Comment by Nora – March 18, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood absolutamente! Luv me my Parenthood – been watching since Episode #1 and what can I say, the best show on TV. I know in a past life i was a Braverman or married to one! Waiting impatiently for next episode; as soon as they not show a sneak peak, I was freaking. Watching Parenthood is addictive. I’m going through withdrawal right now.

Comment by Ticamama – March 18, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood only cause Lauren Graham is better looking, i make this choice based on the fact that i dont watch either show

Comment by KG – March 18, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bros&Sis and I think I will support them…but every episode I watch of Parenthood resonates within me a real world symmetry. Bros and Sis stop doing that a while ago. I watch it though faithfully but this season the story lines and archs’ aren’t as powerful as Parenthood’s. Parenthood is “REAL” life television. I can honestly say there is NOTHING that happens in Parenthood that hasn’t happened to the everyday person. They touch on such scenarios and handle them like an “ACTUAL” person would with limited to regular resources. I just find myself crying on every episode of Parenthood and posting to my FB directly after. I voted for Parenthood. Bros and Sis has been around a while and Parenthood is just getting its bearings!

Comment by Annay – March 18, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Brothers & Sisters’ has completely tanked this season. Was it new writers who destroyed this once-must-see show? Can anyone actually recall a steady storyline this season? The show is a mess – it needs to be put out of its misery.

Comment by Garrett – March 18, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

It might not be at its peak right now, but it deserves a proper final season! (And PUHLEASEEEE, can we have back Jon Robin Baitz and/or Greg Berlanti for it?!)

Comment by Matt – March 18, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree!!! Bring back Jon Robin Baitz and Greg Berlanti to run this show!!

Comment by Aaron – March 18, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree too! BRING BACK JON ROBIN BAITZ!!! Should we start a campaing?

Comment by Sarah – March 18, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that. The only way to save B&S would be to bring in Robin Baitz and give it a major creative overhaul.

Comment by Carol – March 19, 2011 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m with you guys, Brothers & Sisters!!!

Comment by katie – March 19, 2011 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!!!!

Comment by Chau – March 18, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, no, no, no, no, no, TVLine, you do NOT do that to me! You do NOT pit two of my favorite shows against each other! I refuse to participate in this round on principle alone. I cannot, I WILL NOT choose between the Bravermans and the Walkers.

Comment by Romain – March 18, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is one of my favourite shows. I would save it just for the fact it brought lauren graham back :)

Comment by Sophie – March 18, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD!!! <3

Comment by l – March 18, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!!!

Comment by Parenthhood – March 18, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Braverman! Parenthood has been on fire lately and I would be incredibly sad if we lost the show so soon. Plus I need my weekly dose of Lauren Graham!

Comment by Lala – March 18, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood of course!

Comment by Anna – March 18, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Braverman!!

Comment by Rachel – March 18, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for parenthood, because it’s an awesome show but mostly because I ADORE Lauren Graham soooo much, she’s awesome and I would be devastated if she would not be on TV anymore. Something would be missing then, like it did when Gilmore girls ended…I never want that to happen again!! <3

Comment by H. – March 18, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Parenthood

Comment by Karen – March 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PArenthood!

Comment by ME – March 18, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Parenthood :D

Comment by Kathrin – March 18, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers & Sisters, because people actually watch it. And it deserves a proper final season.

Comment by Tom – March 18, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Judging by the posts here, people actually watch Parenthood too!

Comment by PGP – March 20, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoy them both very much and would hate to see either of them cancelled but would choose Parenthood as the top runner.

Comment by Gilda905 – March 18, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a fan of brothers and sisters but it feels like its run it’s course. I haven’t seen it, but give Parenthood a chance to shine.

Comment by John Berggren – March 18, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is too much like Sophie’s Choice…just renew ‘em both and be done with it!

Comment by Karen – March 18, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Braverman!

Comment by Pregolady – March 18, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood. Definitely. Though I’m not looking forward to choosing between ‘Team Braverman’ and ‘Team Chuck’.

Comment by ann – March 18, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Braverman all day! I watch both shows, but I’m totally in LOVE with Parenthood. I used to love Brothers and Sisters, but this season is just tired.

Comment by dawn – March 18, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with above. I had a hard time with Parenthood at first, but then I realized it was kind of why I loved FNL so much. The awkward moments are because it’s how life really goes (obviously to an extent). People don’t always storm out, say the right thing or end up having crazy sex. It’s those realistic times that are painfully wrong or silent that Jason Katims gets so well. They really have horrible teenage insecurities down! Unfortunately I relate way too much to Sarah’s bumbling. Brothers and sisters, which I have always loved, is kind of flailing this season. No one really has a decent story line, Justin constantly failing, scotty cheating, Sarah always treating whatshisface like crap. Kitty sleeping with a student or whatever that young coffee guy is. Dean’s son? And tommy, don’t get me started on tommy. Ugh. Is it in any way unclear how I voted?

Comment by kat – March 18, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tough choice, I’ve watched both shows from the beginning and like them both. However, Brothers and Sisters is starting to look a bit long in the tooth while Parenthood is still so new and fresh and has a million ways they could go with their stories. Parenthood just has the momentum right now.

Comment by Amber – March 18, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I JUST LOVE Parenthood!P’hood for sure

Comment by ane – March 18, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both of these shows but Parenthood is really amazing, and come on, it has Lauren Graham :P

Comment by Rachel – March 18, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood all the way

Comment by bridgett – March 18, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood for sure!!

Comment by Jayne – March 18, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (stomping foot and looking like a brat), I want them both!!!

Comment by kopy09 – March 18, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!

Comment by Phine – March 18, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MEAN!

Why couldn’t it be PARENTHOOD vs Lie to Me?
    Or B&S vs. Human Target?

Argh.

I’d go parenthood, as I’m not ready for it to go.
    Love, oh how I LOVE the Walkers (and Scotty).

Oh, mean, mean, mean!

Comment by Brock – March 18, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brothers And Sisters. I love it.

Comment by Guille Cabello – March 18, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post