TVLine Items: Lie to Me Star Enters Castle, Fran Drescher Returns, and Other TV News to Know

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

Lie to Me stud Brendan Hines is headed to Castle this April to wreak a little havoc on the show’s beloved “Will They/Won’t They?” twosome.

Hines is stopping by the ABC hit as a rookie mystery writer who finds a mentor in veteran Richard Castle, per TV Guide. However, once at the precinct, his character takes a liking to the lovely Beckett — much to her partner’s dismay.

Ready for more TV dish? Well…

The Nanny‘s Fran Drescher is thisclose to landing a new series titled Happily Divorced, reports Deadline. TV Land is in final negotiations to pick-up the Drescher-written and executive produced-comedy.

• WE TV has renewed Joan Knows Best? for a 10-episode second season. The Joan Rivers reality show will return in January 2012.

Jersey Shore’s Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi took to the WWE Raw ring Monday night to show off some smooth moves, and landed herself an actual match at Wrestlemania. The Pay-Per-View/On Demand event takes place Sunday, April 3.

Six Feet Under matron Frances Conroy has landed a role in ABC’s comedy pilot Bad Mom, Deadline reports. Jenna Elfman is set to play Conroy’s daughter.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (10)

• Fillion, Trucco, Webster, and now Hines? Does Stana Katic appreciate her job? I mean, c’mon.

Comment by Jennifer – March 15, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? Man, that woman is so lucky!

Comment by Lissy – March 15, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha agreed! They’re all good-looking but Hines is just beautiful! I so hope Lie to Me comes back!!

Comment by Lex – March 15, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Snooki I may actually get wrestlemania, not because I’m a fan of Snooki or wrestling, but primarily because I want to see Snooki get hit possibly with a steel chair, hopefully with a ladder

Comment by James – March 15, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should I (as a huge LTM fan) be concerned Brendan is guesting on Castle?

Comment by Kristen – March 15, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lie to Me? Please… I’ll always think of Brendan as Tyler Ford from The Middleman! Anyway, thrilled to see him on Castle!

Comment by Talia – March 15, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now if only Matt Keeslar would return to my TV, too! :-)

Comment by Ace – March 17, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ANOTHER Jenna Elfman bomb??? Even the great Frances Conroy won’t be able to save that Titanic-laden show.

Comment by Bob – March 16, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean Fran’s daytime chatfest didn’t get picked up? Tho I must say I’m happier if she goes back to sitcoms.

Comment by Alex – March 16, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Tyler Ford!

Man, I can’t wait. I love Castle, and Brendan Hines is fantastic — charming, but with depth. This should be a great ep.

Comment by Ace – March 17, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post