Kristin Kreuk Clears the Air On Her Smallville Status: 'Lana's Story Is Done'

Get More: Controversy, News

Smallville alum Kristin Kreuk apparently was met with a meteor storm of fan criticism after sharing her take on the CW show’s upcoming series finale — so much so that she decided to set the record straight on where she stands.

Speaking with Hollywoodlife.com at the Genie Awards last week, Kreuk said, “I probably won’t watch” the Smallville finale when it airs on May 13. “Maybe later on — like, on DVD or something.”

The actress’ honesty about not committing that Friday night to saying so long to the series she called home for seven years must have elicited some slings and arrows from the avid fandom. To fend off the online attacks — after all, she notes, “There are many people who are just waiting for me to say something that they can hate me for” — she posted some clarifications to her Facebook page.

“There is no personal reason why I am not watching Smallville weekly. Honestly, I never really did,” she shares. “I know people want to make it a drama … but there is really no drama.”

Kreuk’s love for Smallville must have also been called into question as it regards her MIA status from said series finale (whereas Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack are set to return as Lex and Chloe). About her absence, she says, “I do not believe there was ever a real offer for me to come back — though I am pretty sure that if I showed interest in returning, [showrunners] Kelly [Souders] and Brian [Peterson] would find a way to fit me in.”

Kreuk, though, steadfastly believes that Lana should not be shoehorned into a place she does not belong — and has said so in numerous interviews since leaving the series. (As she told me in early 2010, “The show has changed so much, it would be weird for [Lana] to come back. She was from a different Smallville time.”)

“I may be in the minority, but I thought Lana’s story ended well,” she says of her seven-year run, which was followed by a brief 2009 encore. “I liked that she gained inner strength and … had the courage to walk away from Clark, that her commitment to a greater good outweighed her very human desire to be with Clark. That she saw that her love for Clark would never diminish, even if they could not be in the same vicinity. And that if she did not do … the best she could for humanity, that would counter some of the very reasons she loved Clark in the first place.”

“I think her story is done,” she reiterated. “I am not sure how her coming back changes Clark’s story any longer. He has moved forward. As he was always supposed to do. As Lana would have wanted him to do.”

“I may be missing something,” Kreuk said in conclusion, “but those are my long-ass thoughts.”

Do you agree with Kreuk, that Lana returning for the Smallville finale would be incongruous at best? And were you surprised to see her red carpet comments draw such fire?

Comments (234)

• if fans are getting mad at her cause she wont be watching the finale when it airs then shes right people are just looking for a reason to hate her. i mean there are alot of actors that dont watch things they act in, its not like shes the only one.

Comment by Jake – March 14, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Both Kristin Kreuk & Smallville ROCK. No need to bash! I’ve learned my lesson. Kristin is a great person.

Comment by Smallville Fan – March 15, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay, Kristen…maybe I am part of the majority here…but Lana should NOT have come back in Season 8!!!! It ended just fine with her leaving the show. I was like all the fans, saying THANK GOD…!!! The only reason Lana came back in S8 was to derail the show. And undo all the good, and the ratings boost that it got without the one character that was whiny, and “all about me”. Okay I will admit the plots in Smallville S7 where a disaster. However, like all the fans, I am glad you won’t be showing up for the finale. Not that I have any animosity towards you, just glad your not there to mess up the show any more than your character already did. The only “super” power Lana found was to be an even greater pain in the ass of the fans. I was kinda glad that they killer her off. Even though it messed up the continuity, I was so done with the character. Even if they brought her back in a stupid way.

Comment by Darrell – March 19, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ok Darrell, maybe I’m in the majority here..but you’re exactly the type of hater that Kristin is alluding to in her interview. You’re just trying to stir up drama when there is none. Fans obviously loved her on the show, or else she would not have been able to play Lana for 7 years. And while her season 7 finale exit was more emotional, she had to come back during season 8 to wrap up her storyline. And the fact that she was never even offered a chance to come back for the series finale shows that the writers and producers bought into the “kristin bashing bandwagon.” What a great disrespect to longtime fans of the show, as well as an actress who had been part of the Smallville family since the very beginning. I’m glad she was able to be the bigger person and move on gracefully.

Comment by Derek – April 22, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with Kristin, Lana’s story is done and the way she left the show done her charactor Justice. I also think that people should respect the fact that she had a role to play lana which is now done and she done a brilliant job, but now its time for her to move on and I believe that is what she is doing she cannot only think about being Lana her whole life, as she has to move on and think about her trying out new roles. The most important thing in any career is constantly improving and making sure that one is better in the next role.

Comment by K – March 19, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, in a way or in other, i think that Lana should get back. Doesn`t matter how. The editors certainly would get her in the history, if they couldn`t, they would not write this much episodes.

Comment by Daniel – March 28, 2011 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • makes me wonder DOES TOM WELLING WATCH THE EPISODES? i mean with all the producing directing and actually making the show does he have time to watch it or even promote the show? No he hasnt done a whole lot of promoting over the years! Maybe b/c of the above mentioned.

Allison, Justin, Erica does any of them watch it every week or do they wait for the dvd’s to come out…i read an interview on erica and kristin and they both stated that each cast memeber get a dvd of the episode and that is how they usually watch it if they do at all!

Comment by tammy – April 24, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The sad thing is, I think her career has been seriously affected by her silence of not making her “long ass thoughts” known sooner! I certainly would’ve liked to know as a fan. Her other interviews we brief & anytime Smallville was mentioned her reaction was resentful & un-greatful. We heard Tom Welling as the Exc. Producer, publicly ask her to come back, and her interview response was no-never again type. If she really didn’t realize how “Real” of a request that was, I don’t know how more plane a person can be. All she had to do was have her people contact their people… in that same breath of wanting her to come back, there was the call for “lex” to come back, and Shazzam! he’s back! Something is amiss…Another thought is that, in the world of Comic books, Lana’s character remains friends with Clark, and it’s because of her that he fly’s, not like the Lois character has been made to be the one that Smallville uses for that part. The need was there, the call was there, but she is clearly the one that didn’t want to- This is why she’s gotten so much backlash!

Comment by Irene Thacker – May 1, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really IRENE THACKER she is not selfish for moving on her story is done and for you to judge her is wrong her life does not revolve around smallville. Also im sure she is greatfull that she got to be on smallville.BUT your wwrong.. .. .. .. ..

Comment by ty – March 27, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I agree with her. Lana’s story IS done. I thought it was done at the end of season 7, but I digress. ;)

Comment by Michelle – March 14, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • dude the show should have been done years ago. borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

Comment by lorna – March 14, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree her story ran it’s course and it is Lois and Clark’s story now so just move on.

Comment by Tye – March 14, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lana’s story should have been done after they graduated high school. All the Lex/Lana stuff was stupid.

Comment by Angie – March 15, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agree in a big way how ever she was really great in kung fu films

Comment by ksnapp – October 6, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s why she’s pissed….she didn’t like the way her character was heading and she made it known…but no one listened. She should of been the true love of Clark. Her getting super powers and being strong as Clark…so silly, with Lex/Lana was dumb. Maybe be a metor freak and show episodes of her turning on, and Clark cant be around. She should of been there all the way to the end. But they wrote that stupid script and she was mad and didn’t listen. Clark/Lois had pratically no chemistry. Clark/Lana was smoking good and fun.

Comment by Dave – March 30, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree with u!

Comment by Mya – August 31, 2012 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • if you keep up with the comics, you would know that the original writers planned for LOIS not lana to be his soulmate. It always has been clark kent and Lois Lane, not clark kent and Lana lang. She was his high school love, end of story. Her character whined half the time and kept pushing to know his secret. If you really love someone you would let them tell you when they are ready. She was so selfish and never pushed him to be great.

Comment by Toy – February 24, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t care about the original. To me Smallville is the original. To me it’ll always be a different story. The Story on it’s own. And Lana and Clark (+ Lex) will always be the best characters and relationships in Smallville.

Comment by yinloveyang – March 24, 2013 04:01 PM PDT
        • This story is about Superman, and his true love has always been Lois Lane. I have no idea why they ever brought Lana into the picture to start, but Lois and Clark were the ones that would get together. That is just how the story has always been. I never got my hopes up because I knew how the outcome would happen.

Comment by Tammy – May 28, 2013 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I completely agree with KK.. Lana’s story is done..

Comment by Smallville fan – March 14, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s totally right. Lana was from a different Smallville time. It wouldn’t make sense to bring her back for the finale, “just because” … at least with Lex we can see how that ‘return’ will manifest itself. Nothing worse than past characters reappearing just as stunt casting.

Comment by Dave – March 14, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with her. I don’t want her back for the finale.

Also, many actors don’t watch their own work. I probably wouldn’t if I were an actor.

Comment by Will – March 14, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not going to lie. I didn’t enjoy her or her exit on the show but she’s correct, her character did her part and Clark has moved on and to better things after her. As it should be. So all respect to KK for recognizing that and acknowledging that the show is different. The way it should be. And that her presence would no longer fit.

Comment by Jem – March 14, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I confess – I don’t watch Smallville either. I’ll wait for the hate mail, oh wait, I’m a nobody. People don’t obsess or live vicariously through nobody, that would be odd!
    Seriously, I think fans (I’ve done it in the past) transfer so much onto shows and characters that it can be too all consuming. Be passionate about the show, but don’t rant at characters who happen to be portrayed by actors – because they are simply not real!
    I was astonished to hear that Genevieve Padalecki, who took over the role of Ruby from Katie Cassidy on Supernatural had been the figure of a fan backlash.
    If we put as much energy into simply being kind to others and animals (animals more so for me) then we would be doing something good and not wasting our angst and frustration on ‘characters’.

Comment by Jaclyn – March 14, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the criticism on her is fair seeing as Katie Cassidy is about a million times for talented but I also dont think she should get hate mail cause she took over for someone who had no interest in returning.

Comment by Kris – March 14, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it depends on what kind of a backlash she received. (This is the first time I’ve heard of it actually).
      If it was simply fans saying that they really liked Katie’s portrayal and Genevieve just doesn’t do it for them, please bring Katie back (if it’s an issue of money or challenging role), then I understand and agree. I much preferred Katie, because I thought she made the role of Ruby her own. If Genevieve had initiated the role, maybe I would have liked her better.
      But if it was a personal or nasty backlash directed towards the actor herself, I think it’s very sad. Most Supernatural fans are devoted and perfectly normal, I think. But some of them are obsessed & unbalanced. I follow Jim Beaver’s tweets & he’s been getting flamed by an idiot calling herself Jensen Ackles wife. I think Smallville probably shares a crossover audience with Supernatural, so it’s probably the same thing, just a few nuts making it difficult.
      I do think the majority of Smallville fans would think less of Kristin for bringing up that she won’t bother watching the series finale until it comes out later on DVD or blue-ray. It just sounds like she didn’t have a lot of respect for the director/producers/cast and stayed in the role for years because of the money. Not very loyal. If she really felt that way, she should have been a little more discreet about it. Takes away a little of the respect I had for her as an actor. As for the role of Lana, I’ve always found her highly annoying and I’m happy that the character WON’T return for the finale.

Comment by sashay – March 15, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • completamente de acuerdo contigo,son solo personajes ficticios,por lo que solo debemos nosotros ahora,ser mejores que esos personajes que nos “muestra” la televisión,y de esa manera ser lo mejor de cada uno,en todos hay un super héroe,una Lana,una Chloe,etc,alguien que es distinto,especial para el resto,lo bueno es partir sintiéndonos mejores como somos,y desde ahí,construir lo que queramos ser.saludos!.

Comment by Benkenobi – December 3, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that people can be so invested in shows, characters and actors–I’ve been a member of fandoms for, like, ever. But I do believe that these characters (and actors) have the ability to inspire us, to provoke us, maybe even impart a lesson or two . . . in this way, they become real to us and a part of our lives, even if they are fiction. You’re right that we can be passionate about shows, love or hate characters, but that we should try to be kind, right?
      And for all hardcore fans out there, please, let’s remember that actors are REAL people. Let’s just remember that it’s not okay to hurt others just because we can get away with it. Kindness is key. We can even start by practicing giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Comment by Gina – March 24, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only way I could see them bringing her back and working it into the story is if she came back having tried to be the same kind of hero Clark is (inspirational via a pay-it-forward/lead by example system instead of forcing things to change), and she’d have gotten frustrated by it.
    Clark would then have to deal with someone following in his footsteps and becoming disillusioned by them, which would’ve been an interesting insight into how Superman will relate to the people he’s trying to save and inspire. Lana left a hero thanks to Clark, and it would’ve been cool to see Clark help her to continue to be a hero and find it within herself to keep the faith and continue down that path. Lois and Lana could’ve also compared notes on what it’s like following in Clark’s footsteps when he is and isn’t around. Ollie and Lana could’ve similarly explored Clark’s way of doing things vs. their own.
    Could’ve been a neat episode.

Comment by Brian – March 14, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly I’d have preferred they’d have just stuck to Lana’s exit in S7 that exit was one of the most unselfish things Lana ever did for Clark. The powersuit story IMHO was lame.

Comment by athena – March 14, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the powersuit story was more than just lame it was one of the worst stories ever written in the series, and i am speaking as a fan who still watches the show and has since season 1. i agree with kk, her story is done.

Comment by Michael – March 15, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lana didn’t leave on her own terms at the end of S7….LEX HAD HER KIDNAPPED! It wasnt about her being whiny or “all about me” either. She did what she could to help Clark and along the way got mixed up with Lex who put her through a hell no woman should ever have to face…Kristin had a right to wrap up her story just like all the others had a right to do the same thing with their characters!

Comment by Tammy – April 24, 2011 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I just say…THANK GOD!!! No offense to KK but Lana’s character was just a hot mess and her exit was without a doubt the WORST series of episodes in Smallville’s history. It was a suckfest the way they ended her character and really showed they had no idea what to do with Lana after season 7.

Thankfully the show has recovered from that mess and has moved on, I really don’t want to see Lana light up my screen when the finale airs, I’d much rather see her in the past.

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – March 14, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor KK,can never catch a break from some jealus smallville fans

Comment by Gottara – March 14, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought her exit from the show was done all wrong, but I was glad to see her go. so that the Clark/Lois romance could blossom properly. There was a big plot hole issue with her gaining powers and basically being kryptonite. They could have called her up to kill zod, just speed up behind him and give him a bear hug :)

Comment by beast – March 14, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kreuk > Smallville

Comment by Magnus – March 14, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think overall it was quite an accomplishment that Smallville made it ten seasons. I do believe that Lana outshined Lois Lane…no hard feelings toward Erica Durance as she is a gifted actress. It just seems, in my opinion, that Lana and Clark had a really unique chemistry that was never really captured in Smallville’s CLois relationship. JMO.

Comment by Clayton Miller – June 10, 2011 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How pathetic how some feel the need to attack KK.. Grow up ppl.. Just because she’s not going to watch the finale..so what..

Comment by Smallville Fan – March 14, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never cared for Kristin Kreuk or the character of Lana Lang. I can’t wait for the s10 finale!

Comment by Melissa – March 14, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yet here you are posting on KK article

Comment by Magnus – March 14, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s allowed to Magnus. She wasn’t nasty about it. And it’s a valid opinion to not like the actress or the character. I happen to like both (even though I had problems with how the show developed Lana in later seasons), but I understand that there are those who don’t like Lana and/or KK and wouldn’t want her shoehorned into the series finale.

Comment by Abby – March 15, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wat re u sayin
      kristen played a very important role on smallville

Comment by the rock – March 15, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Lana’s story is done. So people giving her a hardtime about not returning or not wanting to watch the episode the night is on should lay off. Let her be. When she want’s to watch the finale episode on DVD let her watch it then.

Comment by Lindsay – March 14, 2011 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. Lana’s storyline was wrapped up perfectly in season 8. And if Lana came back, she would do more harm than good (after all, she did absorb quite a bit of kryptonite in her last episode)

Comment by James Freemantle – March 14, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’m in the minority because I really liked how they ended her character’s run. It was bittersweet and poetic (how Clark could never get close to her back when she wore her kryptonite necklace and now she can’t because she’s full of it).

I don’t watch the show anymore. I had stopped back in the 5th season after the 100th episode (also the 100th time Clark came thisclose to revealing his secret to her and then backed out). The storylines got kind of stale, but I caught up around the 8th season only to drop off again. I was a fan of the show when it was about a kid that was coping with his “abilities” and figuring out his destiny. Since we all know his destiny it just feels so dragged out and annoying that he hasn’t put on the tights yet. I mean he can’t even fly yet. So I was happy to hear they were finally wrapping up a story that should have ended a couple seasons ago.

I don’t think we should have seen this much of Lois either. Lana was the big love story of his youth and we should have maybe only seen a glimpse of his future relationship with Lois towards the end of the series, but that’s just my opinion.

Comment by Alyssa – March 14, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you Alyssa! (whew- glad someone else agrees!) I really really loved Lana & Clark’s story and felt like Lois was pushed on us too soon. I like Smallville when it was the Lana & Clark days and stopped watching back then. I tried watching again more recently but I couldn’t get into it.

I feel bad for KK that ppl have lashed out at her. Leave the girl alone! Geez why do fans want to create drama and problems where there is none?

Comment by Jennifer – March 14, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Lana! And I really wanted her to be in the finale. But I agree, Lana story was wrapped up when she left in the middle of season 8. I miss Kreuk on my television however and hope to see her frequently in the upcoming 17th Precinct.

Comment by Jorge Jose Herrera – March 14, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do agree. Lana’s storyline is done. Like the comics she and Clark were never to become anything. Lana ended up as a very well known clothing designer. Clark has always been destined to be with Lois. It would have been great for her to come back for the series finale…but just not as Lana…a flashback of some sorts? But I’ve always been a fan of hers. And I admire her candor. I look forward to watching her in 17th Precint and the series finale of Smallville. :D

Comment by Vannesa – March 14, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! She should have at least been in the final scene with a shot showing all the heroes (in and out of the Justice League). I’m sad she won’t be :(

Comment by Jason McLane – March 14, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I guess Katherine Heigl can hand that Miss Television Ingrate crown over now…

Comment by Andrew – March 14, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Do you realize how many TV actors DON’T watch their own shows? They usually don’t watch a ton of TV because they work 16 hour days and get home late so why would they waste their free-time watching someone they know is going to happen. If she didn’t watch Smallville while it was on, why would she watch it now? Cause you think she should? She’s not ungrateful (nor was Katherine Heigl) all she’s saying s there is no point in her returning for the sake of returning.

Comment by Kris – March 14, 2011 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A lot of actors watch their shows on DVD because of their schedules.

Comment by Michael – March 14, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin is absolutely right! But however, I want bring her back in smallville. Smallville is not good enough without Lana. And I want Lex n Chloe too.

Comment by Erdiani Hasibuan – March 14, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin is dead right. Makes no sense for her to come back. I really hope they do assemble all the members of the Justice League in the last episode.

Comment by john – March 14, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame the online hatred gets to the actors like this that they even feel the need to come and clarify. They’re the people who’ve dedicated years of their lives to make this show live this long, but seems like fans, even the ones who call them ‘fans’ of these actors simply have no respect for their choices. So Kristin says she won’t be able to watch the finale live or she doesn’t want to come back and suddenly that’s a reason to hate on her? It’s really pathetic. Seriously, people need to grow up.

Comment by shalimarfox80 – March 14, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Some smallvile fans are just looking for an excuse to bash on her….

Comment by seriously – March 14, 2011 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana Lang exiting Clark’s life is one the few things that SMALLVILLE preserves from the SUPERMAN mythos and canon, so, yes, Ms. Kreuk is right: Lana Lang’s story was done a long time ago. Lois Lane has always been the endgame for Clark Kent/Superman so what’s the point of bringing Lana Lang back for the finale? As far as SMALLVILLE is concerned, one of its original cast members and original characters Chloe Sullivan is really the only character that should be in the finale of this TV series other than Clark, Lex, Martha and Lois. Everyone else is superfluous.

Comment by AndyLuvr – March 14, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you!!

Comment by The Blur – March 15, 2011 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are so delusional DUDE if you ever think that lois belongs to SV and NOT LANA!

that is just a porejudice and a pathetic excuse to reason with her exisitng, simply because to narrow minded people like you SUPERMAN = lois when the whole myths have NOTHING to do with her as an important character!

Lana Lang belongs to this world MORE than lois can dream of, and really, the show is following EVERYTHING but the so called myths! they broke the myths for chloe to get married to Oliver, who in his mths is married to black canary… but just like you, the producers are using the word “myths” to justify the unnecessary existance of lois lane and the absence of the real leading lady LANA LANG!

but I agree with KK, this show is not even in the same league of the once great and original Smallville, the original story that sustained and maintained the show for eight years with Lana at its heart!

she has done her amazing job, a job where for many has proved that the myths are in a desperate need for a new leading lady like Lana Lang…

Comment by true calling7 – March 22, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What’s “POREJUDICE?” You also miss the point that Ms. Kreuk is DONE with the show. I believe the original folks like Michael Rosenbaum and Ms. Kreuk were signed on till the end of Season 7 so once they honored those obligations, they left. I’m rather happy SMALLVILLE continued for 3 more seasons and I also respect Ms. Kreuk’s decisions. I love the Lana Lang of SMALLVILLE but this show is now about Clark Kent about to launch life as Superman and is no longer the super powered equivalent of DAWSON’S CREEK as SMALLVILLE was essentially in its first 7 seasons. And in almost every incarnation of SUPERMAN, once Clark dons that cape, Lana was already a done story. So, why should it be different in SMALLVILLE’s case? That’s not delusional and small-minded at all: it’s just a business and creative reality that Kristin is done with SMALLVILLE. I’d welcome a return appearance in the finale. Since the show’s done filming and I understand Kristin was at the wrap party, maybe there’s a chance we’ll see a glimpse of Lana in the finale after all.

Comment by AndyLuvr – March 27, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gotta say I always loved Lana. In the Beginning she was my favourite character, so sweet yet able to kick some asses. I also love KK a lot, and I still would like to see her in the finale, though she is right, that would be pointless, but it would be nice.

I really wish her the bestm and can’t wait to see what’s next for her.
    At least I’ll be happy if in fact, my now and for some seasons ago, my new favourite character is back for the finale: Chloe.

Comment by Tom's – March 14, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I support Kristin and agree with her 100%. As a series long Clana fan, I was very satisfied with how Lana left the series and agree that for her to come back now would either diminish that or put what Clana was in contention with Clois that is now. There is no need for it. Of course I could never have stated the reasons why half as eloquently as this classy, smart lady – but I respect her so much for saying how she feels. Surely some will disagree, but I think she understands her character and her relationship with Clark very well. It honestly just makes me love and respect her even more.

Comment by Cin – March 14, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Lana, not even in the comics, so I’m glad she’s not returning. The only portrayal of Lana Lang I like is in The Dark Knight Returns, where she’s an overweight, right-wing TV commentator!

Comment by AlistairCrane – March 14, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a big loyal fan of KK…..just watching that recent interview as mentioned did not settle well with me. It hurt. NOT because she is not watching the finale — thats totally her choice and freedom !!! BUT it was the expression and pause she took when asked in regards to SM’s finale. Her expression,to me, was more of “I can’t believe you asked me that question?” If she had responded in a different manner and handled the question with some compassion for the sake of her FANS…maybe she would not have gotten bashed.

Yes.. Lana’s story ended as it should be for Clark and Lois to happen.

Comment by Gigi – March 14, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe she was trying to choose her words carefully so as to not offend the majority of SV fans. Guess she was damned if she did, damned if she didn’t. :-/

Comment by Neil – March 14, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re probably right, Neil, with KK’s pause to chose the right words.

Comment by Gigi – March 14, 2011 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could see lana back in final, clark suffering because of lex who kidnapped lois, and let him on the ground with a kryptonite ring on the finger.
      Then superlana saves Clark, she stopps lex and saves lois, she is the superhero
      aka AoS in s8,
      so in fact happy lana isn’t back…

Comment by Franck – March 16, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave her alone,for God`s sake!

Comment by seriously – March 14, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK GOD Lana is not coming back, nothing against KK, but LANA was a pain in the A**!!

Comment by Mari Guerra – March 14, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously, the only reason i’d even like her back is for a lois/lana showdown. and i already know lois would kick ass in that. so lets be honest, no time for her in an already super-promising finale!

Comment by letsbehonest – March 14, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i watched an interview from Erica Durance concerning the Clark/Lana relationship and she stated that she wanted to give respect for a relationship that so many fans loved and hated to come to an end…i think that Kristin Kreuk was in a way doing the same for the Lois/Clark relationship. Those two would always be together it was meant like that and KK is just giving respect to that.

Comment by tammy – April 24, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin is lovely & talented & I look forward to her upcoming series.

Comment by Viv – March 14, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I guess that its just the way that she said it, that she wasn’t going to watch the show anymore. Its not that theres fanboys who are trying to rip her to shreads, its her air (wiether she ment it or not) of I’m to good for the show. Frankly I agree with her that her story is over. Just like the comics she was around during his teen years and then popped up from time to time later. It did kind of feel odd and a missed opportunity that Lana didn’t show up for the 5 year reunion. That would have worked. Its also kind of odd that that she not going to show up to Clark & Lois wedding as one of the bridesmaids. But oh well its not crucial. But again Kristen should have choosen her words better.

Comment by paburrows – March 14, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you all the way !!!!

Comment by Gigi – March 14, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I got tired of the character by season 5. It seemed to me that after the part where she kills someone in the season 4 finale (Even though she wasn’t in control of her own body) became somewhat of a hypocrite by season 5. She had her own little secrets that she never sgared with Clark but she like most women today expected him to tell her every little thing about himself with no expectations of returning the favor. Not that Clark would ask her to reveal every dirty little secret he had. He was just happy to be with her. Not to mention that everytime she was a factor in him stepping closer to his destiny he would always do something stupid to just be with her. That’s just my opinion as an avid fan of the series.

Comment by Mark Truitt – March 14, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, of course, most women are JUST like Lana. Now excuse me while I give someone a great big bear hug & watch him implode. Mwah ha ha

Comment by ChiChi – March 15, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wrong kristen….and I always liked you, but Smallville is still the same show..just different characters now…..If it was a different show they would have made a movie and yes you lana lang would most likely not be in it. Hopefully you change your mind or feelings about the show that made you a star, and a good living, and go back to your roots and set things right, and not say out int the open that you don’t even watch the show…..kinda makes the whole liking you/character thing not work…and u had it all going for u

Comment by Brandon3383 – March 14, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s right! I liked KK but ever since she left, she never showed a bit of gratitude to the show and the fans who made her into what she is today. I even tried posting on her site to politely let her know that she should look back at her past but my post was never published.

I’m also disappointed with her language. It doesn’t suit her appearance at all! “Long-ass thoughts”?! Doesn’t sound like a classy lady to me.

Comment by Sel – March 15, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It wasn’t that bad as far as profanities go. Besides, Kristin has the right to express herself with her own words, right? I mean she has her own personality, and maybe that’s different from what we see her as, and what we would like her to be, but, well, she’s her own person. I’m sure we can all try to respect that. :)

Comment by Gina – March 24, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO Smallville isnt the same show! At the beginning it was about a boy learning who he was and juggling school, friends, and his abilities. Also, hiding those abilities. All the characters where innocent.

Now not only has Lana become a murderer so has Chloe. Remember when she killed the guy in the hospital for knowing Clarks secret? Oliver almost became one and Clark thought he was and so did Chloe. CLARK AND CHLOE where his accomplises…they never told a soul about it. They where just as guilty!! So stop bashing Lana for being so evil..they all have a dark side..even Clark himself.

Now the show is about Clark becoming Superman at the Daily Planet with Lois. Its about fighting crime and making the world a better place. The show has changed because the characters have changed!

Comment by tammy – April 24, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What exactly does she have to go back and set straight? so what if she never watched the show..she worked on it for hours n hours a day to make it. Just b/c she isnt watching the show doesnt mean she forgot what the show did for her. I would rather someone tell me the truth about it than lie and become “politically correct” just to lick an ass like yours!

Comment by tammy – April 24, 2011 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course she loves Lana’s exit. Lana got to exit wearing a power suit.

It actually was a dumb exit and showed that Lana was never Clark’s equal unless she had powers, but yet Lois is Clark’s equal all on her own………..

Comment by Lynn – March 14, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lana stole the suit from Lex so he would not wear it and wreck havoc on the world…really folks? dont you remember the story at all? Lana would do more good with the suit than Lex ever would. I think its a brave thing she did in order to keep the world a better place.

Comment by tammy – April 24, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i gotta say i keep saying this i think the whole lois and clark is the way forward and the lana story has come to a pleasing end and it would really be going backwards if she came back i liked lana but she was clarks past

Comment by john holman – March 14, 2011 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KK is correct. Lana’s story is done on SV. In fact her 2009 encore should not have happened either. I felt it slowed down S8.

Comment by me – March 14, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lex made Lana absorb a ton of Kryptonite which made it impossible to be anywhere near Clark, which everyone who’s getting mad at her seem to forget. It would be a stupid thing to go back on that just to bring her character back for one episode just because it’s ending. I was never really a Lana fan but like others have said she served her purpose and finally moved on. The important thing is that Michael Rosenbaum is coming back as Lex Luther and Clark will finally (hopefully) be putting that cape on and will become Superman instead of the blur.

Comment by Rachel – March 14, 2011 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As for the lex sabotage onto lana…..I think everyone was hoping that there would be a cure from the Kryptonite meltdown into Lana.

Its smallville ….so anything could be possible.

Comment by Gigi – March 14, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True that it is Smallville…but with bringing Zod back into the picture, I think creating a cure for Lana’s Krypto overload would’ve been a huge step backward and I for one would’ve been completely disappointed in the writers for going back on that simply for the sake of bringing KK back – though I do admit it was incredibly heartbreaking to watch that final goodbye between Clark and Lana.

Comment by Rachel – March 14, 2011 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think people got annoyed with what she said, it was more her facial expressions when saying them. All that being said I think her facial expression where more like oh crap how do I word this without pissing off people more then actual disdain for the show. Sort of sad people made a mountain out of a molehill though

Comment by Derek – March 14, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Besides, her character was over the second Erica Durance came onto the show as Lois.

Comment by Rachel – March 14, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHOAAAAAA hold your hosrese there buddy,,,, is that why Erica Durance did not become the leading lady only after KK left the show?

Comment by Maria – March 22, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it was always about the big 3: Clark Lana and Lex!

Comment by tammy – April 24, 2011 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that Lana should not have been in the finale, but it would have been a lot classier for her to watch the finale as a gesture of respect to her former coworkers and the show that gave her a career.

Comment by Mooshki – March 14, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree on that too….for the sake of the coworkers and the show that made her “known”….but most of all her fans.

Without Smallville…she would not have gotten a chance to get a part in Streetfighter – Legend of Chun Li. Remember season four that Lana became that asian kick-ass chick…LOL

Comment by Gigi – March 14, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.

Comment by ChiChi – March 15, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m barely going to be watching it. If she chooses not to, I’m down with that. – John

Comment by John – March 14, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t see the point of Lana anymore. Kristin is awesome. But her character is just not needed on Smallville. Also, she doesn’t have to watch the finale if she doesn’t want to. Why can’t people just lay off her?

Comment by jimj – March 14, 2011 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. She shouldn’t have to watch it if she doesn’t want to. That chapter of her life ended and she seems content with it. Besides, even though some are in denial about it, she is right in saying that the show is different since she left – not because if her leaving but because the creators of the show left, which always changes the tone if a show.

Comment by Rachel – March 14, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t surprised her comments generated so much hate and criticism. The fandoms known for being passionate after all. I also agree with her “long-ass thoughts” completely. I loved how Lana came out, and Kreuk not returning for the sake of the character’s story is very justified. Kristin Kreuk is a smart actress, and she really cares about who she plays. I appreciate that she didn’t want to touch the perfect way Lana’s story ended.

Comment by Aiden – March 14, 2011 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her role was well acted , her leaving was well written! On to bigger and better but her contribution to the show was awsome!

Comment by Wayne4twenty – March 14, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In all the backlash about Lana’s exit, it’s amazing know one saw that her character wanted to be empowered & make a difference. But I guess fans were more caught up & obsessed with hating a “superpowered” Lana. Their prerogative. Her being in the finale will only take away from the storylines. Lois, Darkseid, & Lex should take center stage when Superman is presented on Smallville.

Comment by Sonik – March 14, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you mean Clark should be in the center with lois, since the show already turned into loisville with Clark guest starring…..

Comment by maria – March 22, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post