House's Jennifer Morrison To Star In ABC Pilot

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

House alumna Jennifer Morrison has landed the lead in the ABC drama pilot Once Upon a Time.

The project centers on Anna (Morrison), a woman drawn into the small town of Storybrook where the magic and mystery of fairy tales may be real.

Previously, Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love) and Lana Parilla (Swingtown) were cast as Snow White and the Evil Queen, respectively.

Catch Up On All of TVLine’s Pilot Season News

Following her co-starring role on House as Dr. Allison Cameron, Morrison has recurred on How I Met Your Mother.

Comments (36)

• Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison are both in a show and their characters aren’t related? Sad. I always thought they looked alike.

Comment by Ryan – March 9, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ginnifer Goodwin is quite expressive. Jennifer Morrison seems to possess 1.5 expressions, with a frown serving for angry, sad, and confused and a rictus grin that doesn’t reach her eyes meant to indicate happy.

Comment by Michelle R. – March 9, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT.

Comment by Jenny – March 10, 2011 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol true. She was awful in HIMYM XD

Comment by Silvia – March 10, 2011 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true. JMo is a lovely young person, but her acting is sub-penguin level. “House” improved immensely when she left the show because it was painful to have to watch the great Hugh Laurie try to act opposite her wooden affect. I wish her well in her new show. I would never dream of watching it.

Comment by carmen – April 12, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lisa Edelstein bitter fans spread hate as usual.
          Jealous, huh? Pathetic

Comment by carla – December 1, 2011 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am part of the crew on this Pilot. You may find they are indeed related……

Comment by Mary – April 19, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say Good Luck to Jen! It’s really great she’s getting offers all over the place -though this one sounds a little weird! Hope it turns out to be a TIVO keeper! :)

Comment by Leela – March 9, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Used to be a big fan of JMo but then she went blonde (I’m aware its natural) and her House character got suckier and I don’t know, she lost it. Only saw one earlier ep with her on HIMYM and wow she was bad. I’m not just saying her character (which annoyed to no end) but her delivery or something was off. So not at all inclined to watch this one. The premise with Jen ad the lead is less than appealing. Even with the awesome Ginnifer Goodwin.

Comment by Erin – March 9, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let me guess, LE fangirl, huh? You do realize that Cameron got “suckier” because the writers got suckier? I am looking forward to this, because she’s a lot more talented than most young actresses in Hollywood.

Comment by Sam – March 9, 2011 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So someone can’t objectively critique JMo; they must be haterz who looooove LE? Get over your defensiveness.
        I like JMo (and LE) and would jump for joy if Cam returned to House; an affinity for these actresses is not mutually exclusive–people do like BOTH.

Comment by Alicia – March 10, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What an ignorant statement.

I can’t stand Cameron and Cuddy.

I do agree that the writers on House did get suckier but I absolutely do not agree that JMO is all that talented. I’ve never been impressed with her and I lump her with the women who are in Hollywood because they are pretty, which includes Olivia Wilde. However, I think Olivia has much more talent than JMO.

I think there has been a severe lack of truly talented women actors on House, except for Sela Ward and Mira Sorvino.

Comment by JJMO – March 10, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Olivia Wilde is the worst of the bunch. For 2 seasons all we got was this stone face which was supposed to represent all these different emotions.

House writers need a reality check because the writing is absolutely terrible.

Comment by kylie – March 11, 2011 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always love to see JMo in action, but I’ve gotta ask: what does that mean for Zoey??? I mean, obviously she’s not the mother, but I LOVE HER!!

Comment by Grace – March 9, 2011 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for the great news! Talented, beautiful and smart, TV needs more like her. Can’t wait to see the show!

Comment by Sally – March 9, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! I’m excited about this one.

Comment by RP – March 10, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, I missed seeing Jennifer Morrison on a weekly basis. Now I have to check out the show!

Comment by Miranda – March 10, 2011 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her and I’ve really enjoyed her on How I Met Your Mother. And I have a massive girl crush on Ginnifer Goodwin, so I will definitely be watching this one.

Comment by Lauren – March 10, 2011 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved her as Cameron and Zoey, so I’m excited to see her getting her own show. ABC tends to scrape their shows pretty quickly if its not making enough rating so let’s make sure that doesn’t happen here.

Comment by Nisha – March 10, 2011 03:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news !!!!

Comment by Boo14 – March 10, 2011 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thrilled to bits to see Jennifer Morrison finally in something where she can show off her amazing talents. I, for one, will be watching this show each week to see the amazingly talented Jennifer Morrison. /

Comment by Lurker (who loves Jen!) – March 10, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As sad as it makes me knowing she’s not on House anymore, I love that she finally gets the chance to be the lead in what seems like a quality drama

Comment by ada – March 10, 2011 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lead actress!! Yay !

Comment by tootio – March 10, 2011 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She deserves it is much more than beautiful actresses succeed now and has a great talent,his rolewas very nice house but could not be worse as written do es not stand much

Comment by John – March 10, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer house had tobe left in the house lost fourth season with new people and never recovered

Comment by david – March 10, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to think about this show. I love Jen, but the plot of this show sounds strange. I guess it will be one of those where you just have to wait and see.

Comment by Allison N – March 10, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lead role! Wow I’m so happy!
    Your lost David Shore, your lost.
    House now is a awful and old show.

She have a great career, really!

Kisses for Italy

Comment by barbara – March 10, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis (Lost’s producers) and Damon Lindelof (Lost’s mind).
    Great and clever crew.

Comment by SAM – March 10, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leading role is only to great actor/actress.
    Good luck Jennifer Morrison.

Comment by nax – March 10, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo, why Jen?! Not one of those silly and boring “a woman comes into one small town…” series. Ew.

Comment by May – March 11, 2011 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, that’s so cool. I seem to recall Lindelof saying he wanted to work with Jen again after her bit part in “Star Trek.” I love Jennifer Morrison, and I’m a sucker for fairy tales, too. So this looks like a win/win for me. :)

Comment by Cassandra_Elise – March 11, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve not much idea why people keep saying “JMo is talented”. What’s her talent anyway? (I admit she was good in HouseM.D. as Cameron)
    So I’ll just wait and see if this one could go any length.

Comment by Susan – March 14, 2011 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry my English ignorance, I’m a French girl.
    That discussion on Jennifer Morrison talent is wrong and pathetic. If Lost producer take her as lead is obviously she have talent.
    Some people hates her because are evidous her success (others because are LE fans and simply hate her because she is more beautiful and more important in showbiz than her ship actress)
    No discussion.

Comment by Tati – March 15, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO

Comment by Glenn – April 22, 2011 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you JMo was the best female doctor on Dr House because she is beautiful and amazingly talented actress and because there was a great chemistry between Hugh laurie (House) and Jennifer Morrison (Cameron) Cameron was the only one female character who had a great chemistry with House.

I´m not american, so sorry for my english I know it´s not perfect, but It´s hard to understand how the best team of House (the first team) was broken and how one of the best characters of this series was (Cameron) left and how a good character like Cuddy turned into a boring one because of Huddy since fourth season this show has gone from bad to worse.

Comment by RS – June 20, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post