House's Jennifer Morrison To Star In ABC Pilot

House alumna Jennifer Morrison has landed the lead in the ABC drama pilot Once Upon a Time.

The project centers on Anna (Morrison), a woman drawn into the small town of Storybrook where the magic and mystery of fairy tales may be real.

Previously, Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love) and Lana Parilla (Swingtown) were cast as Snow White and the Evil Queen, respectively.

Catch Up On All of TVLine’s Pilot Season News

Following her co-starring role on House as Dr. Allison Cameron, Morrison has recurred on How I Met Your Mother.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Pilots

1. Ryan says:

Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison are both in a show and their characters aren’t related? Sad. I always thought they looked alike.

• Michelle R. says:

Ginnifer Goodwin is quite expressive. Jennifer Morrison seems to possess 1.5 expressions, with a frown serving for angry, sad, and confused and a rictus grin that doesn’t reach her eyes meant to indicate happy.

• Mary says:

I am part of the crew on this Pilot. You may find they are indeed related……

2. Leela says:

I say Good Luck to Jen! It’s really great she’s getting offers all over the place -though this one sounds a little weird! Hope it turns out to be a TIVO keeper! :)

3. Erin says:

Used to be a big fan of JMo but then she went blonde (I’m aware its natural) and her House character got suckier and I don’t know, she lost it. Only saw one earlier ep with her on HIMYM and wow she was bad. I’m not just saying her character (which annoyed to no end) but her delivery or something was off. So not at all inclined to watch this one. The premise with Jen ad the lead is less than appealing. Even with the awesome Ginnifer Goodwin.

• Sam says:

Let me guess, LE fangirl, huh? You do realize that Cameron got “suckier” because the writers got suckier? I am looking forward to this, because she’s a lot more talented than most young actresses in Hollywood.

• Alicia says:

So someone can’t objectively critique JMo; they must be haterz who looooove LE? Get over your defensiveness.
        I like JMo (and LE) and would jump for joy if Cam returned to House; an affinity for these actresses is not mutually exclusive–people do like BOTH.

• JJMO says:

What an ignorant statement.

I can’t stand Cameron and Cuddy.

I do agree that the writers on House did get suckier but I absolutely do not agree that JMO is all that talented. I’ve never been impressed with her and I lump her with the women who are in Hollywood because they are pretty, which includes Olivia Wilde. However, I think Olivia has much more talent than JMO.

I think there has been a severe lack of truly talented women actors on House, except for Sela Ward and Mira Sorvino.

• kylie says:

Olivia Wilde is the worst of the bunch. For 2 seasons all we got was this stone face which was supposed to represent all these different emotions.

House writers need a reality check because the writing is absolutely terrible.

4. Grace says:

Always love to see JMo in action, but I’ve gotta ask: what does that mean for Zoey??? I mean, obviously she’s not the mother, but I LOVE HER!!

5. Sally says:

Thank you so much for the great news! Talented, beautiful and smart, TV needs more like her. Can’t wait to see the show!

6. Miranda says:

Good news, I missed seeing Jennifer Morrison on a weekly basis. Now I have to check out the show!

7. Lauren says:

I like her and I’ve really enjoyed her on How I Met Your Mother. And I have a massive girl crush on Ginnifer Goodwin, so I will definitely be watching this one.

8. Nisha says:

loved her as Cameron and Zoey, so I’m excited to see her getting her own show. ABC tends to scrape their shows pretty quickly if its not making enough rating so let’s make sure that doesn’t happen here.

9. Boo14 says:

great news !!!!

10. Lurker (who loves Jen!) says:

I am thrilled to bits to see Jennifer Morrison finally in something where she can show off her amazing talents. I, for one, will be watching this show each week to see the amazingly talented Jennifer Morrison. /

11. ada says:

As sad as it makes me knowing she’s not on House anymore, I love that she finally gets the chance to be the lead in what seems like a quality drama

12. tootio says:

lead actress!! Yay !

13. John says:

She deserves it is much more than beautiful actresses succeed now and has a great talent,his rolewas very nice house but could not be worse as written do es not stand much

14. david says:

Jennifer house had tobe left in the house lost fourth season with new people and never recovered

15. Allison N says:

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to think about this show. I love Jen, but the plot of this show sounds strange. I guess it will be one of those where you just have to wait and see.

16. barbara says:

Lead role! Wow I’m so happy!
    Your lost David Shore, your lost.
    House now is a awful and old show.

She have a great career, really!

Kisses for Italy

17. SAM says:

Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis (Lost’s producers) and Damon Lindelof (Lost’s mind).
    Great and clever crew.

18. nax says:

Leading role is only to great actor/actress.
    Good luck Jennifer Morrison.

19. May says:

Noooo, why Jen?! Not one of those silly and boring “a woman comes into one small town…” series. Ew.

20. Cassandra_Elise says:

Oh, that’s so cool. I seem to recall Lindelof saying he wanted to work with Jen again after her bit part in “Star Trek.” I love Jennifer Morrison, and I’m a sucker for fairy tales, too. So this looks like a win/win for me. :)

21. Susan says:

I’ve not much idea why people keep saying “JMo is talented”. What’s her talent anyway? (I admit she was good in HouseM.D. as Cameron)
    So I’ll just wait and see if this one could go any length.

22. Tati says:

Sorry my English ignorance, I’m a French girl.
    That discussion on Jennifer Morrison talent is wrong and pathetic. If Lost producer take her as lead is obviously she have talent.
    Some people hates her because are evidous her success (others because are LE fans and simply hate her because she is more beautiful and more important in showbiz than her ship actress)
    No discussion.

• RS says:

I agree with you JMo was the best female doctor on Dr House because she is beautiful and amazingly talented actress and because there was a great chemistry between Hugh laurie (House) and Jennifer Morrison (Cameron) Cameron was the only one female character who had a great chemistry with House.

I´m not american, so sorry for my english I know it´s not perfect, but It´s hard to understand how the best team of House (the first team) was broken and how one of the best characters of this series was (Cameron) left and how a good character like Cuddy turned into a boring one because of Huddy since fourth season this show has gone from bad to worse.

23. navistart says: