Pilot Scoop: Katie Cassidy Going To Georgetown

Get More: Exclusive, News, Pilots, Scoop

Melrose Place and Gossip Girl alum Katie Cassidy is returning to the primetime soap fold.

Cassidy has been cast opposite Lone Star‘s James Wolk in the ABC drama pilot Georgetown, from Gossip Girl executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. The hourlong project centers around the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, DC. The main protagonist, Andrew Pierce (Wolk), is an effortlessly charming and brilliant Yale graduate and the youngest Presidential speech writer on record. Cassidy will play Nikki, a smart and quick-witted junior staffer in the White House Communications Office with connections to the First Lady.

Also cast in the the hourlong project is Persons Unknown’s Daisy Betts. The ICM-repped actress plays Samantha, an idealistic young staffer for the Democratic President who shares a romantic history with Andrew.

Comments (25)

• This has the “dud” written all over it. The show, I mean. The actress is gorgeous.

Comment by timotey – March 2, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Show sounds stupid.

Comment by Troy – March 2, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a big fan of this actress, I’m glad that she will be on TV again. Harper’s Island was an amazing show!

Comment by ella – March 2, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Harper’s and Melrose, she was by far a better Ruby on Supernatural.

Comment by lorna – March 7, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a “young and fresh” version of The West Wing, and by “young and fresh” I mean “cheap ripoff.”

Comment by A – March 2, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! There is no way this show can be better or even nearly as good as the first few seasons of WW

Comment by Colleen – March 2, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Katie Cassidy from Supernatural and Harper’s Island. She’s great, but this show sounds like Grey’s Anatomy for The White House.

Comment by Liz – March 2, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like Body Politic. Which didn’t get more past the pilot?

Comment by Dan – March 2, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment by Sara – March 2, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Katie so I hope the show gets picked up.

Comment by Meg – March 2, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have much preferred her in the Charlie’s Angels show.

Comment by Summer – March 2, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katie Cassidy yes. This show no.

Comment by Jason – March 2, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Katie and James Wolk! The show sounds like a winner

Comment by Scott – March 2, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, between Volk and Cassidy, I’ll definitely check it out if it gets picked up. I just hope it has a balance of politics and personal (like The Good Wife) rather than devolving into a complete soap opera (like Gossip Girl).

Comment by Nicole – March 2, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this means no more Juliet Sharp on Gossip Girl. Damn!

Comment by Will – March 2, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Katie Cassidy is a very pretty actress, however I liked her better in Harper’s Island (she was the bride) when she had dark hair and not blonde. I concur would have loved to have seen her on the Charlies Angels reboot.

Comment by JC – March 2, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Katie Cassidy but will not watch this show because it is being produced by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. They’ve basically ruined Gossip Girl this past year. Chuck and Blair were the best thing on the show and they keep destroying them more and more. Will not get sucked into another show produced by those two.

Comment by Ann – March 2, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE kate.
    but SS and JS making a show for ABC? when did they leave the CW? lol or are they allowed to make shows on other networks?
    and SS and JS making a political show instead of a scandelous, guilty pleasure teen drama?
    the world is going nuts!

Comment by Bee – March 2, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • to bad this pilot will never make it to air

Comment by ggny – March 2, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Georgetown is one show I’m too excited for!!! May I say that James Wolk is a face to look after the upcoming season and that Katie Cassidy is a great addition to the show!!! It was about time for abc to collaborate with Josh Shcwartz!!!

Comment by MBAIBERS – March 2, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katie is a great actress and I watch anything she’s in, but if this show gets a first season order, it won’t be long before it gets canceled. It’s on ABC (Already Been Cancelled), so even if this is a good show, its doomed. ABC does not have a single new drama from the 2009-2010 season that is on this current season. Besides V, which is on its second season and most likely going to be canceled due to extremely long hiatuses and lack of advertizing. The other freshman dramas or hour-long shows on ABC are all most-likely going to be canceled. So we’ll see what happens with Georgetown.

Comment by RecceR – March 2, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will definitely watch this for Katie Cassidy alone. She is amazing and my secod favourite actress, ever. She’s incredibly talented and grogeous, I just love her. While I agree that she’d be better suited on Charlie’s Angels with fellow goddess, Minka Kelly, I will watch this for her. I think it will be cancelled but then again, when it comes to television, you never know.

Comment by Kris – March 2, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sounds like a far less intelligent west wing! which is too bad because Schwartz is great!

Comment by Rach – March 3, 2011 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow no latinos, no black in the cast? even in those days?

Comment by teniba – March 6, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes but if it was all latinos and blacks, you wouldn’t be griping about lack of caucasian. blacks get their own magazine and tv channel.

Comment by lorna – March 7, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post