Exclusive

Pilot Scoop: Katie Cassidy Going To Georgetown

Melrose Place and Gossip Girl alum Katie Cassidy is returning to the primetime soap fold.

Cassidy has been cast opposite Lone Star‘s James Wolk in the ABC drama pilot Georgetown, from Gossip Girl executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. The hourlong project centers around the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, DC. The main protagonist, Andrew Pierce (Wolk), is an effortlessly charming and brilliant Yale graduate and the youngest Presidential speech writer on record. Cassidy will play Nikki, a smart and quick-witted junior staffer in the White House Communications Office with connections to the First Lady.

Also cast in the the hourlong project is Persons Unknown’s Daisy Betts. The ICM-repped actress plays Samantha, an idealistic young staffer for the Democratic President who shares a romantic history with Andrew.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, News, Pilots, Scoop

1. timotey says:

This has the “dud” written all over it. The show, I mean. The actress is gorgeous.

2. Troy says:

Show sounds stupid.

3. ella says:

I am a big fan of this actress, I’m glad that she will be on TV again. Harper’s Island was an amazing show!

4. A says:

Sounds like a “young and fresh” version of The West Wing, and by “young and fresh” I mean “cheap ripoff.”

5. Liz says:

I like Katie Cassidy from Supernatural and Harper’s Island. She’s great, but this show sounds like Grey’s Anatomy for The White House.

6. Dan says:

Sounds like Body Politic. Which didn’t get more past the pilot?

7. Meg says:

I love Katie so I hope the show gets picked up.

8. Summer says:

I would have much preferred her in the Charlie’s Angels show.

9. Jason says:

Katie Cassidy yes. This show no.

10. Scott says:

Love Katie and James Wolk! The show sounds like a winner

• Nicole says:

Yeah, between Volk and Cassidy, I’ll definitely check it out if it gets picked up. I just hope it has a balance of politics and personal (like The Good Wife) rather than devolving into a complete soap opera (like Gossip Girl).

11. Will says:

I guess this means no more Juliet Sharp on Gossip Girl. Damn!

12. JC says:

I agree Katie Cassidy is a very pretty actress, however I liked her better in Harper’s Island (she was the bride) when she had dark hair and not blonde. I concur would have loved to have seen her on the Charlies Angels reboot.

13. Ann says:

Love Katie Cassidy but will not watch this show because it is being produced by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. They’ve basically ruined Gossip Girl this past year. Chuck and Blair were the best thing on the show and they keep destroying them more and more. Will not get sucked into another show produced by those two.

14. Bee says:

LOVE kate.
    but SS and JS making a show for ABC? when did they leave the CW? lol or are they allowed to make shows on other networks?
    and SS and JS making a political show instead of a scandelous, guilty pleasure teen drama?
    the world is going nuts!

15. ggny says:

to bad this pilot will never make it to air

16. MBAIBERS says:

Georgetown is one show I’m too excited for!!! May I say that James Wolk is a face to look after the upcoming season and that Katie Cassidy is a great addition to the show!!! It was about time for abc to collaborate with Josh Shcwartz!!!

17. RecceR says:

Katie is a great actress and I watch anything she’s in, but if this show gets a first season order, it won’t be long before it gets canceled. It’s on ABC (Already Been Cancelled), so even if this is a good show, its doomed. ABC does not have a single new drama from the 2009-2010 season that is on this current season. Besides V, which is on its second season and most likely going to be canceled due to extremely long hiatuses and lack of advertizing. The other freshman dramas or hour-long shows on ABC are all most-likely going to be canceled. So we’ll see what happens with Georgetown.

18. Kris says:

I will definitely watch this for Katie Cassidy alone. She is amazing and my secod favourite actress, ever. She’s incredibly talented and grogeous, I just love her. While I agree that she’d be better suited on Charlie’s Angels with fellow goddess, Minka Kelly, I will watch this for her. I think it will be cancelled but then again, when it comes to television, you never know.

19. Rach says:

sounds like a far less intelligent west wing! which is too bad because Schwartz is great!

20. teniba says:

wow no latinos, no black in the cast? even in those days?

• lorna says:

yes but if it was all latinos and blacks, you wouldn’t be griping about lack of caucasian. blacks get their own magazine and tv channel.