Two and a Half Men Shuts Down Production For the Season, Citing Charlie Sheen's 'Conduct'

In the wake of recent comments made by series star Charlie Sheen — capped by a Thursday-morning tirade during a radio call-in — CBS and Warner Bros. TV have decided to shut down production on Two and a Half Men‘s eighth season.

“Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season,” the network and studio said in a statement.

Men was to resume production this coming Monday, taping only four out of this season’s eight remaining episodes.

Does Charlie Sheen Want CBS To Cancel Its ‘Frickin’ Juggernaut,’ Two and a Half Men?

UPDATE: Sheen reacted to the shut-down via an open letter posted to TMZ, saying in part, “I gracefully ignored [series creator Chuck Lorre's] folly for 177 shows…. I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can’t handle my power…. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show … to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.”

Until now, Sheen had largely made light of the situation he put Two and a Half Men‘s producers, cast and crew in by prompting a temporary halt in production as he pursued at-home rehab. But during a Thursday-morning call-in to The Alex Jones Show, he put to the test his bosses’ threat to pull the plug on TV’s most-watched sitcom if he crossed any lines.

For one, Sheen called Lorre a “clown” and “charlatan,” as well as directed a somewhat anti-Semitic nickname his way. He also boasted of embarrassing Lorre “in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this unevolved mind cannot process.”

Of his time on Men, Sheen said, “I’ve spent close to the last decade… effortlessly and magically converting [Lorre's] tin can into pure gold.”

Addressing the prospect that the series might recast his role, Sheen shrugged, “Whatever. Do what you’ve got to do. I’ll go make movies with superstars and not work with idiots.”

Charlie Sheen Rants: ‘I Went Back To Work, and Nobody’s There!’

But the straw that broke CBS and WBTV’s collective back may have come with comments Sheen made to TMZ when the entertainment news site asked him to follow up on his radio interview. “I violently hate Chaim Levine [aka Chuck Lorre]. He’s a stupid, stupid little man and a p—y punk that I’d never want to be like,” Sheen said. “You can tell him one thing: I own him.”

Poll: Sheen Situation Has Guys More Likely To Tune Out Two and a Half Men Than Women

Are you relieved to see CBS and WBTV finally declare enough is enough?

1. SR says:

How could u even think that the show would be able 2 run without Charlie? Thats crazy talk. U cnt replace him with ne1. It wouldnt work. The other characters are additions 2 make the story complete. U cant remove the sole of the story! Thats ridiculous.

2. Rob says:

Sheen Is the best. He nader the show and all you assholes know it. So give it up and quit your whining.

3. Rich says:

Like many TV sitcoms, someone has a super inflated ego and ruins it for everyone else. Sheen is sick and needs help. The show is special because of the writers AND cast AND the creative genius or Chuck Lorre. Take anyone away and the show isn’t the same. It was a good run, but as for me, I will find something else to occupy my time. Goodbye ‘2 1/2 men’, you did make me laugh but it is time to move on. As for Levine (Chuck Lorre), he is a genius and will most probably create another funny sitcom, he usually does. The man must have tough skin to put up with Sheen for so long. Charlie, get help. You are acting like a strung out moron.

4. Pete says:

I really like two and a half men an would also hate to see he entire cast of god hard working people lose becuase of Charlie Sheens selfishness. I would like to see the sris continue, so hy dont they have a storyline where Charlie has had his hand n the wrong omen who just happens to be a mafia don, so Charlie had to have plastic surgery and then he can return as another actor, lame I know but s are a lot of the storylines of the show…

5. Kman says:

Or they could kill him off in a horrible DWI car crash, it’ll be a bit sad for a show but this can be a big boost to M.A.D.D and hopefully people get over it quickly. Good luck Charlie!

6. Brian says:

Misogynistic, cigar smoking alcoholic named Charlie who uses a garden shovel for a coke spoon? Yeah, I know that aspect of his life didn’t make it onto the show. But people dislike Charlie because he was paid millions to be himself on a weekly sitcom? That’s just too sweet.
    I have really enjoyed the show but it has gone far beyond the point of “jumping the shark”. I don’t find it as funny as it used to be. Jake has grown out of his cute kid stage. Alan interfering with Charlie’s marriage and almost burning down the house? Brother or not, he’d be living on the beach.
    As for changing the chemistry by replacing CS, forget about it! If they want to come up with a story line for the remaining characters, the show needs to be introduced with a new name. Any Two and a Half Men without CS just isn’t Two and a Half Men.

7. Charlie Rocks says:

Charlie rocks Ya he is a Funk up but hes real got issues like everyone of you finger pointing morons out there! The show is dead without him Does CBS think people will line up to watch a pu$$y and a punk live in uncle charlies home while he is what touring europe or something ? Well Watch it go , the last reason to watch CBS is no more

8. T says:

Why not continue the show with out Sheen? Charlie moves because he finds out the truth about Rose. Jake gets a place of his own and then Alan moves in with him, Berta can still be involved because Jake needs all the help he can get trying to get on his own two feet and dealing with his dad, plus we know he’s not exactly the sharpest crayon in the box. Maybe he can still get phone calls from “Uncle Charlie” occasionally just to keep the character alive. I think it might be a good alternative to just canceling the show altogether. Just a thought.

9. same attract says:

Two and a Half Men should be Cancelled and never re-brodcasted in sidication.

10. same attract says:

Two in a Half Men should be cancelled forever! And not re-brodcasted in sidication.

11. Billie Wilde says:

I would suggest for the show to continue without Charlie. He could conveniently die somehow, and have left everything to a cousin or a friend no one ever heard with the proviso that Allen & Jake continue to live there and for Berta’s continued employment as housekeeper. This cousin/friend would, of course, be about as bad as Charlie was.
    OR…..Charlie could have left everything to Jake, who has developed enough of a unique personality on which to create unlimited script ideas….especially with a such a great support cast.
    OR……it could be that Charlie and Rose had run off to Vegas and married and she is now pregnant with his child and moves into the house.
    Charlie definitely needs to ‘die’. To try and replace him would be the death of the show.

12. Canon D5000 says:

Your completely right on this writing!