Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Greek, Parenthood, HIMYM, Glee and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? You can send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any Glee spoilers? — Randall
Ausiello:
The Grim Reaper, of all people, will be crashing Regionals! Rumor has it someone will sing their swan song just prior to the big competish. And to say the tragedy has a significant impact on the long-awaited event is big freakin’ understatement.

Question: Got any scoop on The Vampire Diaries? —Ellie
Ausiello:
Thursday’s episode is not to be missed. It boasts two deaths, one super-romantic Matt/Caroline scene, and — in the hour’s final minutes — a doozy of a twist.

Question: I know you’re not at liberty to divulge the song list for the Grey’s Anatomy musical episode, but could you possibly confirm to us often-disappointed Meredith fans that she does have a solo in the episode? —Jackson
Ausiello:
While Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, Chandra Wilson and Chyler Leigh are the episode’s primary songbirds, Ellen Pompeo does do some warbling. My guess? Meredith serenades Derek in the “super-cute” elevator scene EP Shona Rhimes recently teased via Twitter.

Question: Please tell me they’re not writing Jasmine off Parenthood! I so want to see her with Crosby. Any scoop on their relationship? —Lisa
Ausiello:
Crosby will realize that the key to winning back his fiancée lies inside that vision-of-the-future doodle she presented to him at their marriage prep session a few weeks back. (You know, the one with the dream house with bars on the windows and the half-dozen demon spawns running around the yard.) Well, he’ll bring that horrific picture to life in a last-ditch attempt to salvage their relationship. Now that’s love.

Question: Got any scoop on the March 7 series finale of Greek?! —@TurboMeg via Twitter
Ausiello:
Stock up on Puffs Plus Lotion (with the scent of Vicks) ’cause you’re going to be bawling till your tear ducts dry out and your nose falls off. I screened the episode over the weekend and I have to give props to the creative team for ending on an emotionally satisfying high note. Highlights: There’s one (or is it two?) long overdue hookup, a pitch perfect bookend-y scene between sibs Rusty and Casey, and an answer to one of the show’s biggest mysteries: What the hell is Cappie’s real name? (If you guessed ******* **** **** *****, congrats, you were right!)

Question: Will Frannie appear on Greek before the show ends? —Amy
Ausiello:
Yes, the witch (played once again by Tiffany Dupont) touches down in the penultimate episode on Feb. 28 and immediately extends an olive branch to her still-steaming-mad ZBZ sisters. And this particular olive branch has a name: Justin Bieber. (BTW, Cappie’s reaction to seeing Frannie again is priceless.)

Question: What’s the latest on Brothers & Sisters‘ chances for a sixth season? —Anthony
Ausiello:
In what can only be viewed as encouraging news, producers are treating the May closer as a season finale as opposed to a series finale. Still, it probably couldn’t hurt to add your name to the Save B&S campaign on Facebook.

Question: Any news on what’s coming up on The Good Wife? —Marissa
Ausiello:
The best hour of the series to date, that’s what. According to a really Good insider, next Tuesday’s episode is all that and a bag of Baked Lays. Not only does it showcase a memorable guest turn by Lost‘s Ken Leung (playing a man who was tortured after he made disparaging remarks about the Chinese government on a Facebook-like site), but it also features a dramatic development in the race for state’s attorney. Oh, and I almost forgot: A pivotal character makes his/her final appearance (and it’s not the person I mentioned in last week’s AA).

Question: Very happy to hear Michael J. Fox will be returning to The Good Wife later this season. Any intel on what brings him back? —Richard
Ausiello:
I hear it involves the firm’s ousted founding partner, Jonas Stern, which can only mean one thing: Trouble.

Question: Can you confirm reports that NCIS will be introducing Ziva’s secret CIA boyfriend Ray later this season? —Rose
Ausiello:
Not only can I confirm those reports, but I can toss in a few extra details as well. Ray arrives in this season’s 20th episode and is described as a handsome, charming, intelligent federal agent of Mediterranean or Latin American descent. He has a strong, nice-guy demeanor but — I’m quoting from the casting notice here — “there’s a hint of a mystery behind his smile.” The role is currently up for grabs, so if you’ve got suggestions drop ‘em in the comments!

Question: Been getting the vibe from NCIS that they’re going to be leading up to something big for the finale. Any scoop on what’s to come? —Kerin
Ausiello:
I hear the season will end with a big, splashy serial killer arc.

Question: How many episodes of How I Met Your Mother is John Lithgow (a.k.a. Barney’s pa) scheduled to be in? —Chris
Ausiello:
Initially, it was just supposed to be the one (airing March 21). But EP Carter Bays says the erstwhile Trinity Killer “had such a fun time we booked him for another episode,” this one slated to run in May. And whereas his first episode was emotional (it features the big father-son reunion after all), his follow-up will be “a fun little story of him spending a night in Barney’s world. He’ll get to experience the world of Barney Stinson.”

Question: I need some Law & Order: SVU scoop! Benson needs some love! Anything good coming up in her future? — Heather
Ausiello:
Depends on how you define “good.” She at least has a juicy case coming up. Does that count? She and her partners in crime fighting will soon be trying to solve the murder of a Richie Rich who’s made it his mission in (his abbreviated) life to impregnate as many women as humanly possible. The method behind his madness? Hole-y condoms!

Question: Any scoop on Justified? —Brandon
Ausiello:
Now that they’re living under the same roof together, Boyd and Ava will begin to grow closer. “I think that they end up really getting to know who each other is,” says Ava’s portrayer, Joelle Carter, “and respecting that, and being there for each other.” Annnnd…? “Annnnd…. I’m not sure what happens after that!” she hedges. (No worries. Walton Goggins recently painted a pretty graphic picture for us!)

Question: Can you give us any scoops on Hellcats? —Maria
Ausiello:
Marti sets out to find her long-lost dad, only to discover that he’s Lauren Graham’s ex on Parenthood! At least he sounds like John Corbett’s deadbeat dad character. Rex Perkins is described as an aging rocker with a long history of alcohol and drug abuse. MIA for Marti’s entire life, the now-clean-and-sober ex-con reconnects with his daughter in Hellcats‘ season finale.

Question: I am patiently waiting for any Drop Dead Diva news. Is Grayson dead? —Diana
Ausiello:
Nah, but the nasty run-in he had with that car in the final seconds of the season 2 finale left him with a major headache — and I mean that literally and figuratively. (Pssst: The dude’s got retrograde amnesia!)

Question: OK, I’ll bite: Who’s tying the knot on 90210 later this season? —Jeremy
Ausiello:
The bride is Ivy and the groom is… a spoiler.

Question: I’m officially on board with Dan/Blair on Gossip Girl. Any scoop? —Sam
Ausiello:
This Just In: The unlikely pair have scored yet another high-profile endorsement (mine being the first, natch). “I’m all for it,” raves costar Connor Paolo (Eric). “Penn [Badgley] and Leighton [Meester] are very talented actors, so once you put them in a scene together you’re going to get a lot of chemistry. People were all up in arms about the prospect of a Dan/Blair relationship just because they have such loyalty to Chuck and Blair. However, now after seeing them together on screen people are being won over.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing!

1. Allie says:

For the Glee scoop? -It’s totally Karofsky.

• H. says:

TAKE THAT BACK
      ;_________;

I’d cry for days.

• Allie says:

Well it’s the only logical one I can see. Would they really kill off one of the main main characters, or a new character? It doesn’t seem likely…it does seem likely to me the Karofsky might be the one to go. It would definitely impact the group, depending how it was done.

• MCO says:

As much as I don’t want that, one of the main character would be Genious ! As much as I can remember, I don’t think there’s a show which killed a main character “just because” or for the story line. In network television It is always, because the actor want to leave (or is fired).
          (Could someone confirm that ?)
          So killing a main characters for the storyline and not because things behind the scene would be really great and original.

• Gary says:

This has happened on many shows (both just because and storyline related). 24 killed characters for storyline reasons, and just because it had been awhile since someone died. Many of the main character deaths were not because the actors wanted out, or were trouble behind the scenes.

LOST was another show that killed off main characters for storyline reasons (granted most of them popped up again at some point as guest stars).

There are more examples, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Now these are certainly different shows than Glee. It’s hard not to include big deaths in high stakes crime shows, sci-fi action shows, and medical dramas. A little less necessary on a high school singing show, but could be interesting if handled properly. I think Karofsky would make sense, or even possibly Kurt’s dad (the recent Mike O’Malley comments being a red herring to help maintain the surprise). The only other possibilities I can think of are Sue’s sister (although I hope not because I love Jane Lynch in their scenes together) or John Stamos (but there are easier ways to end up putting Will and Emma together in the end).

• KM says:

Wow, MCO…do you watch any other shows? That happens ALL THE TIME. TV shows are artistic creations (some more than others) and on-screen events aren’t always ruled by what goes on behind the scenes. Otherwise, writers would have no integrity. Not that the writers of Glee have much integrity; I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a storyline with so many holes (and yes, I do watch Glee weekly. It’s just not for the plot).

• Brennan says:

Jack Bauer’s wife on 24 was killed at the end of season 1 “just because”. It ended up advancing the plot in later seasons, but at the time it was primarily for the shock factor and to put viewers on notice that nobody was safe.

• Marissa says:

What about pretty much every single thing Joss Whedon’s ever done? Wash on Firefly? Ballard on Dollhouse? Heck, even Penny on Doctor Horrible!!!!

• Robyn says:

I can totally picture it maybe being Pavarotti the warbler bird!! it would make the warblers very distraught!! just a guess! :D

• Jesse says:

KILL RACHEL!

• Hannah says:

The spoiler said that the character would have a dramatic affect on the competion if he died. Karofsky isn’t involved with Glee at all, so…

• Wallet says:

Actually, if he died then Kurt’s reason for leaving McKinley would be gone. Maybe Kurt abandons the Warblers and gets a solo with New Directions…

• Amber says:

I’d probably say Burt seeing as he’s already had a heart attack and is sick. But who knows? It’s just a rumor… Well have to wait and see. BUT I LOVE YHE HUMMELS!

• amy says:

At this point, I would totally guess Burt. He’s ailing, it would be hugely emotional for the audience, we’d find out who stands by Kurt and – most critically – it would free up the actor for that new pilot he’s doing. (And I know he’s given interviews about how it won’t interfere with “Glee,” but that’s definitely true if he’s not on “Glee” anymore, right?)

If not Burt, then John Stamos.

• Zach says:

My thoughts are either Karofsky or Carl.

Karofsky would be sad, and relevant. It would greatly affect both Glee clubs too. Kurt and Blaine probably wishing they had tried to help him more… OR

Carl. It would be sad and a guilt-free way for Emma to eventually make it back to Will.

• Meg says:

I thought I’d read in the article on TVLine that Burt is signed on for the same number for episodes in season three as he had in season two. So I don’t think it’s Burt.

• Brett says:

The actor that plays Burt is signed on for six episodes next season. It’s not him.

• S says:

I hear it’s Mike Chang’s abs. He goes on a bender, and they’ll be replaced by an “Asian beer” belly. ;)

• Jessica B. says:

I’m thinking it’s the warblers’ warbler. I don’t think they would kill any person on that show.

• flutiefan says:

i thought perhaps Lauren Zises. the “big” comments got me (sorry, but it’s true), and losing her could mean they won’t have enough members to compete. wouldn’t that be a major impact?

• AlistairCrane says:

It’s definitely Lauren.

• Dez says:

I could see it being Lauren. That would leave a spot open on the ND and that is when Kurt comes to the rescue. I could see him switching back to ND for Regionals because without him they do not have enough people to compete.

• John says:

Plus it would fulfill the now traditional “we’re one member short” twist that every competition episode has thus far featured.

• AlistairCrane says:

No, probably Lauren because she’s so overweight. Not being funny, being truthful. Obese people die of heart attacks.

• DL says:

When they’re teenagers? Uh, no. It can present a complication to other factors such as, say, a congenital heart defect or diabetes, but just being overweight on its own is not going to kill a person that young – certainly not a person who, despite their weight, still gets regular exercise from being the star of the wrestling team.

• Sabrina says:

I don’t think it’s Karofsky because Ryan Murphy said he likes that character and wants Karofsky to have a happy ending. Also Iqbal Theba (Principal Figgins) confirmed that Max Adler wouldn’t be written off the show.
          Also, I’m not sure how I’d exactly affect the glee club because they don’t really like him, and unless they’re really sick twisted mofo’s, they won’t be way happier that he’s dead and it affect their performance in a good way or they are really confused, and are too sad to perform well. Also he’s still got to sing Born This Way, which supposedly hasn’t even been filmed yet.
          If it was Carl, that would leave a gateway for Emma and Will, but I’m pretty sure it’d take A WHILE to start back since it would mean her husband just died and considering their other failed attempts.
          I don’t think it’s Jean, Sue’s sister, because…does the glee club even know she has a sister?
          It could be Pavarotti, the Warbler’s bird, because that would affect the Warblers performance..maybe? But then again, i’d be kinda mad that they hyped up a death scene that ends up being a dead bird.
          Coach Beiste is too new to die.
          Darren Criss, who plays Blaine, has been confirmed as a regular for season 3.
          It’s OBVIOUSLY NOT Rachel, Quinn, Sam, Finn, Santana, Brittany, Artie, Mike, Tina, Mercedes, Puck, Kurt, Lauren, Will, Emma, or Sue.
          Soooo…I’m left thinking Terri or Principal Figgins..or maybe April Rhodes.
          Terri is Will’s recently divorced ex wife, which he loved her, so it would put for pressure on him and affect how he does with Glee…I guess.
          April Rhodes inspired the glee kids at a point in time and bought the auditorium for them. Also she’s an alcoholic….so…
          And Principal Figgins isn’t that huge of a character, but he IS the principal. Which would leave that position open for Sue. And definitely affect New Directions..
          And also you have Kurt’s dad, and he DOES have a new show coming up, but he just got married and Kurt’s already lost a mom, which makes me certain it won’t be Carole either.

• Liz says:

Now that I think of it, it very well could be Sue’s sister. I mean, Sue obviously knows that she has a sister and Ausiello’s scoop said that it had an impact on the whole event, not just New Directions. Her death could really affect her, and since she’s the Aural Intensity coach now, it could definitely affect their performance. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll BAWL my eyes out if it really is Jean, but you can’t dismiss her entirely.

• noa says:

no!! it’s the bird kurt is taking care of for the Warblers… they wouldn’t go there with an actual human being. tell me i’m right Ausiello, please!!!

• jo says:

good call on Karofsky – wouldn’t have considered it but could be majorly serious if he commits suicide…and considering the string of suicides by teens struggling with their sexual orientation in the real world, would be quite timely as well…

• Julianna says:

I was thinking Charice’s character Sunshine could be the one to die. If she goes, the door is torn wide open for Jesse to come back, shaking ND to the core since they lost to VA last Regionals with Jesse on lead. (Also, it would affect Rachel greatly since she and Jesse have this bunch of ignored issues between them).
        And yes, I know Jesse said he was a senior and last year was his ‘victory lap’, but doesn’t VA fail their students who are VA members? It could happen to him too.

• Kirby says:

No one said it was a New Directions member or even a McKinley High student. It’s probably a kid from a competing school or something lame like that. Hopefully, though, it’s Terri!

• Bailey says:

Maybe it’s Rachel’s mom ?! Not only would that impact Rachel, which would obviously devastate her and ND, and therefore completely affect their performance, but it would also impact Quinn and Puck maybe, because who would take care of Beth ? Would they get her back?

• Greg says:

Yes! ( in Sam voice)

• Patricia says:

I think it’s Coach Beast.

2. Jones19 says:

Man I am gonna have to stock up on tissues for the series finale of Greek.

3. Kelly says:

Cappie’s reaction to Frannie was shown in the episode’s preview this week. I was dying laughing. I can’t wait to see it again next Monday.

4. Mafz says:

IVY? ok, that was unexpected!!

• Julie W says:

I know…Ivy’s the last person you would think would marry so young.

• Nicole says:

Do you think she’s going to marry Raj, the hottie from the medical marijuana store? I want him to stick around – he was adorable. Maybe he’s Canadian and needs a greencard or something?

• Kris says:

I didn’t think of that but a green card marriage would make the most sense given the fact Ivy is what, 17? I can’t see Ivy, the poster child for anti-romance, marrying for love as a teenager.

• Nicole says:

Ugh, my post keeps not posting. I’m wondering if it’ll be Raj, the cute guy from the medical marijuana store. I really liked him and hope he sticks around. Perhaps he’ll be Canadian and need a greencard…

• Mafz says:

maybe she’ll get so high she gets married xD

5. Derek64 says:

Tiva’s secret CIA boyfriend? I’m sure you mean Ziva, unless Tony is part of their relationship… ;)

6. Emma Pillsbury says:

CAN CARL DIE PLEASE? HE’S HAD ME TRAPPED IN THE BASEMENT FOR HALF A SEASON NOW!

7. Nerwen Aldarion says:

*sigh* someone wake me when NCIS get’s good again.

• Lyss says:

oh blah blah whine whine… you’re not a fan if you get this bored when it’s not even as bad as you say… a serial killer arc… how is that not good?!?!?!

• Phil says:

Yeah … can you say “Michael Rivkin subplot” all over again? Ugh.

• Anna says:

Pretty sure that Miami isn’t in Israel, so it is NOT the same…

• Phil says:

Secret boyfriend who Ziva goes to great lengths to avoid talking about? Check. Said boyfriend is a spy? Check. Tony written as a jealous jackass? Check. Boyfriend shows up at the end of the season just in time for things to go south? Check. Entire purpose of character is to extend the already ridiculous and cliched “Tiva” angst? Check.

Sounds pretty similar to me. Whether he’s from Israel or Florida is frankly irrelevant. A whole lot of people still haven’t gotten over the Rivkin plot from season 6 so rehashing it like this? Not exactly a bright idea.

Of course, since Ziva on the show has yet to say the guy is actually her boyfriend, there always exists the chance that Ausiello is being sold a bill of goods and NCIS actually does something surprising with this character … but I doubt it.

• Anna says:

Hm… no confirmation he really is CIA… Tony AND McGee are asking about him, so it’s not just Tony… and… it’s not really angsting Tiva so… don’t be a ***hole

• Svenja says:

I think you’re wrong… firstly, he is an American with an Hispanic background…
            Secondly…. he is not Mossad.
            Not to mention that Tony is a little bit jealous, but until now he doesn’t get suspicious. He doesn’t behave the way he did when the Rivkin thing came up. He was worried in Season 6 (all season). Currently he isn’t worried. Remember: Contents priceless scene? … that was a new mature way of handling it.
            AND I don’t think this will be a spy game.
            He might be involved in the serial killer arc later this season.
            That wouldn’t be related to an op or something.
            Surely they are gonna introduce him as a player in an international case, but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna be like that for more than one episode.

8. Liz says:

C’mon, what does Meredith need a solo in musical episode? we need some one who can sing and act! EP is not one of them!

9. Haley says:

For whatever reason, Blaine popped up in my head as the only person that would ruin the event (he IS the lead singer of the Warblers) but can die without too much consequences or damage on the rest of the show. Other characters key to the competition (Rachel, Shuester, etc.) are too important. I doubt it, but if he does I will forever hate Ryan Murphy for killing off one of the BEST characters on the show, and not allowing the totally awesomeness of Darren Criss to continue on the show.

• Lee says:

Blaine’s death would have a hell of a lot of consequences. You lose a new prominent gay role model, one of Kurt’s best friends…

I could see it being Carl. That would have a huge impact on Emma & Will.

• Haley says:

That’s true. I didn’t even think of Carl, that’d be… interesting. I like the character, even if he is a jerk to Will.

• Lee says:

It being Carl actually makes a lot of sense to me.

Emma will be devastated and Schue will have to be an actual adult. Maybe the ND kids perform without him at the competition to support them because he stays with her. That would impact the performance.

• John says:

Plus the grieving process would give Murphy a convenient excuse to delay getting Will and Emma together for another year.

• Rick says:

It is not Blaine. Ryan Murphy has confirmed that Darren Criss is becoming a regular on the show starting next season. Unless they wanna make him a ghost (which will be absolutely stupid), he should be relatively safe. My money is on Karofsky.

• Jacqi says:

I don’t think its Blaine because I heard Darren Criss is going to be around for season 3. :D

• Nicole says:

From the clue, there’s no indication that the death is someone we care about – just someone who will impact the competition. It could be a judge, like the beauty queen, or one of the other two. That would have an impact if one of them up and died right before it started.

10. Amy says:

If Brothers and Sisters doesn’t even attempt to start getting good again, I am done and that makes me sad. It used to be such a good show

• Lorie says:

I have to agree with you. I keep watching, hoping for it to get better.

• Chris says:

I am with you both. What has happened to this show? It is painful to watch every week. It has turned into a bad soap opera. Michael: what do you know about any future improved plots/episodes?

• ErixN says:

I enjoyed the episode this past Sunday. And maybe things will get better now that it looks like Tommy and his fiance are leaving the show.

• Jeri says:

It seems like there have been no good episodes since the family lost their business. They all seem aimless and lost since then, nothing interesting has happened and I really used to love this show!

11. Lame says:

Lame!!! That is what you call scoop?

12. Katie says:

I’m a Chuck fan (the show) and even though it wasn’t featured I still want to thank you for not flooding your weekly spoiler column with Glee. That’s not something that can be said for the other “inside scoops” featured on another certain site of which I’ll refrain from naming. I like that you treat shows equally. With that said, though, feel free to throw in some Chuck next time. I want to find out if they’re pushing any further into Sarah’s family history this season.

13. M says:

I’m not looking forward to Matt and Caroline getting back together at all. Wake me up when Tyler comes back and fights for Caroline.

14. pspot.pspot. says:

when is 13 coming back

15. Alex says:

I really hope Karofsky or one of Rachel’s dads dies D': That’ll be unexpected but also cruel. What’s wrong with this show, I mean, this was a feel good type of show. Now it’s really depressive.

16. AngelMoonGirl says:

WOW. Great NCIS scoop. The finale is gearing up to be AWESOME! Serial killer arc? Tiva angst? Wooow. *is excited*

17. Charlie says:

The Glee spoiler could just involve a judge kicking the bucket prior to the competition, so there could be a last-minute replacement. It doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to be one of the main cast members, or a member of McKinley’s Glee Club. Any death really could have some kind of impact.

18. Jaimee says:

The NCIS storyline with Ziva and her secret boyrfriend, and him finally turning up at the end of the season, sounds exactly like the Rivkin storyline.
    She dated them both for most of the season, dashed off to see them whenever she could, wouldnt let anyone else meet them, was secretive about details of them, and they both turned up at the end of the season.
    What is the point of them repeating the storyline?
    Even if he does stay good at the end, unlike Rivkin, the whole storylines up until then have just been repeated.
    It’s so stupid, they could have done something new.

19. Bee says:

i’m actually REALLYYYY really really excited about the musical episode for grey’s. it’s happening. no point in complaining. but i’m intrigued by how it’ll be. shonda herself is writing it and all the cast members say how different, unique, and of course awesome it is lol and jesse williams said it has nothing to do w. glee or broadway style stuff or whatever. so i’m excited and curious.

20. Truth says:

It’s Kurt’s dad I bet that dies because they’ve talked about the actor leaving and he already had a health problems It would affect them because it affected them before.

21. Kelly says:

I am not liking Grey’s this season. Hate the whole Callie baby storyline. Musical episodes this year seem alittle overdone but I am interested in hearing Bailey and Lexie sing. They are my two favs and I adore Chandra and Chyler.

22. Bee says:

if brothers & sisters ends on some cliffhanger or stupid ending cus ABC axes it and the crew thought they were staying (despite the horrible ratings for the last 2 weeks), then i will be very very mad and disappointed :(

23. wickedfan says:

Look at ratings before you claim to know what GG fans want. BlanD has the lowest ratings of the series. Obviously they can’t carry the show or even entertain enough to keep audience. You’re a jerk and guess what, DB don’t amount to anything.

• Sarah says:

Yo, check out the ratings from last night: “Gossip Girl saw the night’s biggest increases, up 23 percent in total viewers (to 1.6 million) and 20 percent in 18-34.”

• Charlotte says:

You’re seriously calling Ausiello a jerk? Go read someone else’s website then! You know he’s not actually a writer for these shows, he doesn’t create the storyline, he just reports the scoop. Grow up.

• stella says:

LOL like ausiello cares what you think
      he will continue to be flawless no matter what some cray cray chair stan thinks

he can ship whoever he wants to ok?

bye bitch

• em says:

Hasn’t GG’s ratings steadily declined since last season though? If the GG viewership is really skewed towards Chuck/Blair, why wasn’t last season or the beginning of this season performing to the same standards as S2? People might be generally losing interest in the show (or watching it later). You can’t blame Dair in particular – what if it’s another storyline that’s turning people off? I mean, the Bass industries storyline and the Ben/Serena thing are infintely less appealing than the Juliet storyline imho.

24. Jodi says:

I think the death on Glee is that bird that Kurt is responsible for watching. Then, he’ll be upset and will decide to go back to New Directions.

25. Maryanne says:

happy for Vampire Diaries scoop! cant wait for the twist not happy for the loooong hiatus coming.

Dair!! I <3 them!!

Meredith can sing?

26. don't care says:

LOWEST RATINGS IN GG HISTORY! PEOPLE LEFT CAUSE OF DB! WAKE UP! U LIED THIS MORNING AND U R UP THE WRITERS BUTTS!FANS LEFT CAUSE DB! LOW LOW LOW LOW RATINGS!

• Anna says:

No no no. First of all, did you read that comment earlier about the increase in viewers? Up to 23 percent on Monday? But I’ve read a lot of reviews and talked to a lot of GG fans, and it seems that Dan&Blair aren’t the issue if you’re looking for why the viewers have dropped.

A lot of people actually said that started watching Gossip Girl AGAIN because of DB, or that it was the only thing keeping them watching. People who aren’t watching say the Bass Industries storyline is just boring them to tears.

And weirdly, every opinion of anyone who’s watching DB with an open mind has been that’s it’s the best thing on the show right now. So yeah. That’s just what I’ve heard.

27. Brett says:

Blaine could be the one to go. I mean, it’s possible. I really wouldn’t want it to happen. Speaking to him becoming a regular, not that Glee has actual opening credits or anything, but I’m sure many of us can remember the cruel (but amazingly creative) move Joss Whedon pulled on us with adding Amber Benson to the credits of one episode of season 6 of Buffy….look how well that turned out in the end of the episode. I really don’t think Blaine will be the one to go, but my money is with you guys that say it’ll be Carl.

• Lee says:

Blaine makes no sense at all. One of the judges prompting a last minute replacement that will be biased against one of the groups for some reason, Carl, Pavarotti, Jean Sylvester…there are a lot of options that would impact the story without killing a regular/semi-regular.

28. Juliana says:

I Think that Pavarotti (the Warblers bird mascot) will die Lol

29. Brett says:

@Jodi…really good call! Didn’t even think about the bird!

30. Lorie says:

How about Cristian de la Fuente as Ziva’s secret BF? He was looking MIGHTY fine in recent “Private Practice” episodes.

31. wickedfan says:

Seriously, you are so far off on GG.People have left. These are all series low ratings with Bland. You can choose to ignore it but Chuck and Blair are a million times better than Bland and teh ratings are proof.

32. Jacqi says:

I completely just screamed at my computer after reading Drop Dead Diva’s Grayson is going to have amnesia. Can writers not think of anything other then that? Ugh!!!!

33. dee123 says:

Considering it’s already been renewed i pretty sure they don’t care about people like don’t care.

34. Jenna says:

Well, Ausi, I get you push what writers give you but we as an audience have voted already -we don’t like Dan and Blair. Push all the OOC contrived BS you want. Dan and Blair end. Thanks God!

• Kate says:

Speak for yourself! I have been a Chair shipper since the beginning and i do still love them, but after everything that has happened he still treats her like a piece of s**t. Before this season i found Dan so annoying boring but his interactions with Blair have made for the most interesting storyline in the last couple of seasons. Even if it does turn into a relationship Blair needs that right now, she needs someone who can compete with her on a intellectual level, and then maybe that will make Chuck realise everything he has done to Blair and seek forgiveness in her eyes!

• naomi says:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF THANKS, I LOVE DAN AND BLAIR. I USED TO SHIP CHAIR BUT I HATE THEM NOW ITS D/B ALL THE WAY.

35. Jenna says:

Woo! 2 NCIS scoops in one Ausiello! You just might be my best friend (for now anyway!) Not really interested in the Ray scoop b/c I’m trying not to think about him and the possible connection that Ziva may or may not have with him.

However….. serial killer arc?! OhMcGee! Where did that come from? And is someone going to die? oh my!

• Svenja says:

Haha maybe Ray will turn out to be the serial killer and kill EJ looooool ….well… actually I was kidding, but thinking about it I kinda think that this is possible XD

36. sup says:

a lot of people like dan and blair. so I don’t understand why people deny that?

• Jenna says:

Alot do not. If you can’t read that these are the lowest rating in GG history and all are DB that will tell you something.i guess you can’t read, neither can Ausi boy

• flutiefan says:

don’t worry sup, i don’t mind them either. Jenna is just a troll who likes making snap judgments and insulting people.

37. Erik says:

For the Glee spoiler, It’s not Karofsky. Ryans said he wanted a happy ending for Karofsky.

38. Jenna says:

Many are tired of GG and gave up when they heard about Dan and Blair. Why don’t you write about that? Why don’t you write about how bad ratings are? Why don’t you write on how Chuck and Blair could kick DB any day if Chuck wasn’t thrown under bus all to pimp out a douchey character like Dan. When Chuck and Blair come back, I will laugh at you and all those “fans” that haven’t left.

• don't care says:

JS AND SS TOOK HIS NADS

• Sigh says:

1) Because he’s right. 2) Because you guys are immature and obnoxious, and he was taking a shot at you after your psychotic meltdown in his comment section earlier. Well-played, Mr. Ausiello.

• cookiemonster says:

I now love Ausiello because he totally put the Connor Paolo item in here on purpose after the Chuck/Blair fans’ meltdown in the earlier blog post. Nice job, Michael! Keep up the good work.

• don't care says:

LOL! DAIR DIES! CB FANS HAVE LAST LAUGH!

• ErixN says:

I am a Chuck and Blair fan and I’m glad he gave it to them. That was embarrassing. I am glad Chuck and Blair are on a break right now because they both need to grow up. It seems Blair has grown a lot more than Chuck at this point though.

I’ve always enjoyed Dan and Blair scenes because of the way they interact with each other… it’s funny, so I am intrigued, but I do think Chuck and Blair will be end game. I just wish people would stop freaking out about it. Also, I don’t think the ratings really matter for Gossip Girl. It’s lasted this long already…

• Bri says:

I could have not agreed more w/ what you wrote :)

I enjoy Dair as really great friends, as someone they can both turn to but as a couple not so much for me. :)

• Jenna says:

Dude,he lied in his earlier article. These are 2nd lowest ratings of GG. They are. Fans left.All DB has the lowest. He can’t deal and neither can JS,SS or you. DB are not selling.Black and White.

• Jenna says:

Dude, he’s not right when fans leave and these are the lowest ratings. Let’s talk reality here.

• Laura says:

I’m proud of him for not giving in to them.

39. Audrey says:

How about Nicholas Gonzalez (Mateo) in some Off The Map eps, he’s got a smokin’ bod as well.

40. Manu says:

I only came here to say YOU GO CONNOR! -you too Ausie-

He’s totally right about Dair. Penn and Leighton are amazing, those who were… I don’t know, crazy, not to like them before, have fallen now thanks to their amazing chemistry!

• wickedfan says:

The problem is many have left because of them. I like how people and this writer fails to notice that. Chuck and Blair all the way!

• Kelly says:

More people left because of Chuck/Blair drama (trade Blair for a hotel + cheat on her was too much for Blair’s fans, Im one of them) and Dan/Serena break up. The Townie was all about DB trip and it hit season high, so ooopsss youre wrong.

41. Katie says:

Connor Paolo, I love you.

42. Jessica says:

Great NCIS spoilers, can’t wait!!!

43. don't care says:

PIMPING DOOMED COUPLE- IDIOTS!DB AIN’T LASTING!DEAL

• Ewing says:

Take a deep breath. Repeat 10*6 times “This is just a silly TV show. This is just a silly TV show.” Stop writing in ALL CAPS. C’mon. You will feel much better.

44. Nicole Y. says:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Lauren… so then there are only 11 members and Kurt defects from the Warblers to help New Directions out? She seems to be the only expendable one, especially if other people saying Karofsky’s character gets a happy ending…

• LindaH says:

No! Not Lauren. I love Lauren. I love having a confident fat character who is portrayed as being desirable. I would be really angry if it’s Lauren.

• ErixN says:

I know you could say the same about Mike Chang, but Lauren cannot sing. At least Mike has moves. I never liked the idea of Lauren being in the Glee Club. I like her character on the show, but she can still be that wrestler chick.

• Amy Scott says:

from what ive read on a website it says that someone from McKinnley gets expelled and that same student kills themselves, they’re in glee and Karofsky is to join new directions also the ep has lots of Quinn.
          My guesses are
          Mike (Though I really don’t what him to die)
          Lauren (Again I adore her and would hate to see her go!)
          and Sam
          i really wanted it to be azimo or Carl but not Coach Bieste as she is so wicked and should be a regular along with Harry Shum Jr.

45. no more lies says:

The ratings for GG are really supporting you……………oh wait they aren’t :) Get off the kool aid.

• K says:

How do you know that the ratings aren’t due to Serena/Ben or Raina or Damian or lack of Nate or Bass Enterprises takeover or Rufus not making enough waffles? I checked wikipedia and the highest ratings this season were for The Townie where there were tons of Dan/Blair scenes. Personally, I think the entire Empire dealings are a drag. IMHO.

• Bete says:

Genius post! I was a Chuck/Blair fan and Dan/Blair didn’t win me over (yet) but these people are maniacs!

• Jenna says:

Dude, since Dan and Blair started the ratings are gone. No other reason and dair was pushed the MOST everywhere. DB fans, wake up and smell the roses, not Ausi’s BS. The ratings are down. Dair aren’t helping fans come to the show. The opposite. It’s really sad because the show is misleading you all. B is going to leave Dan for the Prince. You guys are being misled. I’ll come back adn see that reaction to Ausi and his BS

• pall says:

If you think that Chair are meant to be you’re pathetic and sick. Would you go back to the person that sold your body just so they could get their hotel back? Chuck and Blair just aren’t meant to be because their relationship is toxic. And not in a good way.
          Jenna I really think you’re just a 12 year old girl that knows nothing about relationships…

• Laura says:

Then why was the highest rated ep this season “The Townie”.. which was heavily DAIR centric? I know the prince comes back, I full expect roadblocks and drama but I have faith that the writers know amazing flawless chemistry when they see it.

DAIR WILL HAPPEN. If not now, in S!5. Deal with it and stop crying because your beloved woobie Chuck won’t have Blair as his doormat anymore.

• Amy says:

I think you’ve stumbled onto the truth! It most definitely is due to Rufus not making enough waffles! I hope the writers fix that soon with a big breakfast for the van der Woodsen/Humphrey/Bass clan.

• BLM says:

Hahaha! I know I’m crazy mad about the waffles! Where have they gone?? Fruit and yogurt at the Van der Woodsen/Bass/Humphrey breakfast table just won’t do!

On a seperate note, I watch the show for all the characters (well, maybe not Vanessa), so just because Chair isn’t together doesn’t mean I’ll stop watching. True GG fans will stick with the show until the bitter end.

46. Audrey says:

Yay! More John Lithgow in HIMYM! Is this perhaps another clue that maybe its Barney’s wedding since Wayne Brady is to return sometime later this season too and maybe James’ dad will officiate(Why yes, I am grasping at straws here), but I desperately want to keep my BroTP alive.

47. no more lies says:

Like how they resort to fanwars to try and help GG ratings. Good luck, The show is sunk without Chuck and Blair.

48. EveDallas says:

YAY! Love all the scoopness. I was just starting to itch for some spoilery goodness and there it was. You guys just just too good. LOL I can’t wait for the finale of Greek. I am sooo going to fill my house up with tears. I am such a softie! I have watched it from the very first episode. Cant wait to learn Cappie’s real name!

49. Em says:

As someone who has seen every episode of Gossip Girl, I am simply not buying Blair and Dan as anything, not even as friends. Not only do they have no on-screen chemistry, thus making their scenes dreadfully boring, but the interaction does not make any sense. Blair has lost her fierceness and her independence. She’s nothing more now than a weak and pitiful caricature of her former self. And as a young woman myself, I must say I find Blair’s entire arc degrading to women. Not only does she quit her job, but it is revealed that the only reason she was working so hard toward becoming a woman of power is because of a man, and for that matter one who does not even care for her anymore. Why don’t you write about the sexism on Gossip Girl, Ausiello? I take offense to it, and the fact that it’s never addressed by the media.

• no more lies says:

Good to see some sane poster.Blair is weak with Dan and that’s why he likes her. He loves his women when they’re weak. he did it with Serena, now with Blair. Wonder who his next damsel is.

• Sigh says:

You’re a moron. If you actually read Em’s comment, rather than jumping to agree with it because it says “no Blair/Dan!”, you’d see that it’s not exactly pro “Chair” either: i.e., Em finds it DEGRADING that Blair’s entire “powerful woman” arc was just a cheap ploy to get her (emotionally abusive) man (who sold her to his uncle in exchange for a hotel) back.

• no more lies says:

Sigh, I wasn’t rude to you. I as agreeing with the powerful woman arc too. That whole thing was dumb but Blair looks weak and OOC with Dan. It’s my opinion. Please don’t be rude to me because others are to you. I found Blair pathetic and Dan likes to save women. He did it with S.It’s what he does. He and Blair won’t make it, I know spoilers, but it doesn’t make her arc any less OOC.

• Matt says:

I think GG has been weak in recent years. I only welcome the Dan/Blair pairing because at least it is something fresh. I can’t take anymore of this Chuck/Blair and Dan/Serena/Nate Merry-Go-Round that just repeats over and over again.

Dan and Blair are at least a fresher storyline, and while I would have doubted it in the beginning, I think they found a natural way to bring those two together.

• cookiemonster says:

Blair is not weak with Dan. Blair is weak with Chuck. Chuck has repeatedly used and abused her. Hello, selling her for a hotel and sleeping with Jenny? And yet she keeps coming back to him.

Blair is more *herself* with Dan than she is with Chuck. She loses her spine and her innate “Blair”-ness when she’s with Chuck.

• don't care says:

I don’t drink that Kool aid. I’m sorry, the dair kool aid is not in my system.I like Chuck and Blair. Many do and the ratings are an indication that many are not on the kool aid dair train. I think Chuck and Blair are epic. Dan and Blair have good comedy but I don’t root for them or the sibling look alike thing.They are too Flowers in teh Attic when I watch them.

• don't care says:

PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE! SHE DUMPS DAN FOR PRINCE!

• Jenna says:

Dude, they made Blair OOC and unrecognizable in this arc. I just hope the garbage ends and the REAL Blair Waldorf is shown.

50. ariane says:

wtf? ivy’s getting married in 90210?! am i the only one who’s wondering what’s going on?

• Charlotte says:

No, I’m totally curious about that too! Unfortunately this entire comments section has been taken over by the Chair trolls.

• Jamie says:

LOL, so true. They’re really crazy!

I don’t know how people can blame one single pair and an entire show failing. And then call “Ausiello” a liar. He didn’t deny they are still low, he said they up from last week. I guess they’re just psychotic.