TVLine Items: Firefly Lives On, Another Spartacus Recast, and More TV News to Know

Joss Whedon’s cult classic Firefly has crash-landed at a new home: Science Channel!

Don’t worry, Nathan Fillion is still an active participant on ABC’s Castle. Science Channel is just filling the Firefly void by airing the entire series — from start to finish — just for you. The trip back to the future starts Sunday, March 6 at 8/7c with the series’ two-hour pilot, followed by another episode at 10/9c.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Spartacus: Blood and Sand is facing another recasting hurdle, Deadline reports. This time Lesley-Ann Brandt, who plays the fan favorite role of Naevia, has opted not to renew her contract for a second season. The network does, however, have plans to recast the part. Any dream fill-ins?

• The first participant in USA’s WWE Tough Enough reboot has been announced, and the lucky lady is… Miss USA?! It’s true. Rima Fakih will fight to become a WWE Diva when the reality competition premieres Monday, April 4 at 11/10c.

• No plans for President’s Day? ABC Family has a little something in store for fans Pretty Little Liars — an all-day marathon! Beginning at 1/12c, the PLL-a-thon will run right into that night’s all-new episode at 8/7c. Pretty perfect, no?

• Smallville alum Aaron Ashmore has landed a permanent gig on Syfy’s Warehouse 13, per EW.com.

• In news that will surprise no one, IBM’s supercomputer Watson crushed its human Jeopardy competition (top dogs Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter) over a three-night, two-game tournament. Watson’s winnings totaled $77,147, plus a $1 million prize that will reportedly be donated to SkyNet charity.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Fill us in below!

1. KG says:

Firefly FTW!

2. Adam says:

They’re replaying Firefly in sequence? How is that big news? I do the same thing at least once a year with my DVDs!

• Kelly says:

Well, the article doesn’t mention the interesting part: Science will wrapping each episode with interstitials from Michio Kaku about the theoretical science behind Firefly. So you can get some science with your science fiction.

• Beans says:

Some of us do not have the DVD’s

3. Kinzey says:

Dream fill ins for Naevia… Well, that’s really hard to choose because Lesley-Ann Brandt was perfect! I’m shocked that she won’t be returning, she had terrific chemistry with Manu Bennett. If Indira Varma wasn’t doing Human Target I would suggest her. Other suggestions are Jolene Blalack, Faye Smith, and Luna Rioumina.

4. Bob says:

Didn’t Ovation, or some other network like that, just do that a couple of months ago? How about a mini Firefly reunion of actors on Castle?

5. Michael Sacal says:

HAL… I mean, Watson, was good.

6. Dominique says:

Lesley-Ann Brandt won’t be back for season 2? Noo, I loved her as Naevia and her chemistry with Manu was explosive.

Who else from season 1 will be back for season2 anyway? Will any of the gladiators be back, other than Psartacus and Crixus?

7. BHM1304 says:

That is very sad news about Lesley-Ann Brandt. Behind Andy and Viva she was one of the stars in the making on “Spartacus”. Please find a way to recast her with “Lana Kane” Aisha Tyler.

8. Chris says:

How can they have another season of Spartacus if they killed of Lucy Lawless’ character and that other guy?

9. AlistairCrane says:

Lucy Lawless’ character didn’t die. She was just stabbed.

10. Donna says:

Firefly and Serenity are both on Netflix streaming. Looking forward to Tough Enough!

11. Jeff in NC says:

Why in the world would Lesley-Ann Brandt have gone through Gladiator training with all the guys only to decide not to come back? In the preview shorts they showed her right along side all the males, learning all the same moves. This makes little sense to me and makes me wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye.

12. Michelle R. says:

**Don’t worry, Nathan Fillion is still an active participant on ABC’s Castle. **

The fate of Castle was nowhere in my thoughts when I read: Firefly Lives On. I was too busy being filled with futile hope.

• I_Captain Blanco says:

This was my thought EXACTLY. If it meant I could get FIREFLY back with its original cast, I’d sacrifice CASTLE, V, and even my beloved CHUCK in a heartbeat.

13. Buddy says:

Firefly lives on! I still wish we had new episodes and a Serenity sequel. Most of America missed out on a fantastic project.

14. LoopyChew says:

Don’t worry, Nathan Fillion is still an active participant on ABC’s Castle.

As much as I love Castle, I would drop it in a heartbeat if more Firefly was announced. I wouldn’t object to Stana Katic joining the Firefly cast, either, even if she’s not based on Serenity.

• David says:

That’s okay–she could be the new pilot. :P

As for the headline title, it was much worse on EW.com: “Firefly returns to cable!” I freaked out when I read the title and wanted to punch something when I read the article.

15. Kay says:

When Castle finally comes to an end some network should seriously consider reviving Firefly. Now that mainstream america has been exposet to the greatness that is Nathan maybe they will follow him to the show and it will finally get the viewers it deserved.

16. ken r says:

ABC’s Castle sucks !!! bring back firefly !!!
    who cares about a rerun .. we all have the DVDs.. + the general audience has spoken .. dump CASTLE, V, and even CHUCK .. spend the money on FIERFLY !!!!