TVLine Items: Firefly Lives On, Another Spartacus Recast, and More TV News to Know
Don’t worry, Nathan Fillion is still an active participant on ABC’s Castle. Science Channel is just filling the Firefly void by airing the entire series — from start to finish — just for you. The trip back to the future starts Sunday, March 6 at 8/7c with the series’ two-hour pilot, followed by another episode at 10/9c.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Spartacus: Blood and Sand is facing another recasting hurdle, Deadline reports. This time Lesley-Ann Brandt, who plays the fan favorite role of Naevia, has opted not to renew her contract for a second season. The network does, however, have plans to recast the part. Any dream fill-ins?
• The first participant in USA’s WWE Tough Enough reboot has been announced, and the lucky lady is… Miss USA?! It’s true. Rima Fakih will fight to become a WWE Diva when the reality competition premieres Monday, April 4 at 11/10c.
• No plans for President’s Day? ABC Family has a little something in store for fans Pretty Little Liars — an all-day marathon! Beginning at 1/12c, the PLL-a-thon will run right into that night’s all-new episode at 8/7c. Pretty perfect, no?
• Smallville alum Aaron Ashmore has landed a permanent gig on Syfy’s Warehouse 13, per EW.com.
• In news that will surprise no one, IBM’s supercomputer Watson crushed its human Jeopardy competition (top dogs Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter) over a three-night, two-game tournament. Watson’s winnings totaled $77,147, plus a $1 million prize that will reportedly be donated to
Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Fill us in below!