Charlie's Angels Pilot Finds Its Bosley

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots

Ramon Rodriguez (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) has joined ABC’s Charlie’s Angels reboot as Charlie’s liaison, Bosley.

The new Angels stars Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights), Rachael Taylor (Transformers) and Annie Ilonzeh (General Hospital) as the titular trio of sexy sleuths. Rodriguez’s Bosley is described as a charming and funny guy with GQ looks and Peter Pan smile who has great hacking skills and technical knowledge.

As with David Doyle’s portrayal on the original ’70s series, Boz is a rock of support for the Angels and the good-natured brunt of many jokes.

Rodriguez’s previous TV series credits include The Wire and Day Break.

Comments (26)

• Interesting choice. I wouldn’t have chosen him. I always saw Bosley as someone older than the girls.

Comment by MJ – February 10, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shia was Bosley in the last movie.

Comment by devomblr.tumblr.com – February 10, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bernie Mac was Bosley in the last movie. Shia Laboeuf was adopted by the Bosley family at the end of the movie.

Comment by xav – February 10, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree Shia would have Became Bosely if they made the third charlies angels movie since bernia mac died and shia became a bosley

Comment by andrew – February 11, 2011 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and he’s 12. Honestly, it would be far more interesting if they had cast someone to play him as gay…

Comment by em g – February 10, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I really dislike this casting…

Comment by Alex – February 10, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think its ironic that shia & bernie mac were both in charlies angles 2 and transformers together and shia and ramon were in transformers 2 together

Comment by andrew – February 11, 2011 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ….so not who I would have chosen.

Comment by Summer – February 10, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would’ve been intersting had they gone a bit older as well….and I agree with em g, a gay Bosley would’ve been a great character. Now we may end up having him fall in love with one of the angels, blah! blah! blah!….

Comment by aiken4olivia – February 10, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. They should’ve picked Harvey Fierstein.

Comment by Ray A. – February 10, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the new Bosley was going to be hot but i gase not

Comment by donne – February 19, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, how do we know from the casting and the description that he isn’t gay? Not counting on that, but the blurb sure doesn’t say he is straight. I kind of rather they’d still made Bosley a bit older than the girls, maybe an ex cop himself, someone who could offer wisdom — he still could have hacker skills, there really isn’t a rule a hacker has to be young.

Comment by raelee514 – February 10, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering that the 18-49 age group is the target audience, I think that having him be young makes sense. I know that that age group is the target of most shows that have older people so maybe its a contradiction but I think that in this case it is fitting.

Comment by Dexx – February 10, 2011 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just another reason for me not to watch, can we stop remaking original’s that were good. Why trash a classic with an updated crappy version.

Comment by Enough – February 10, 2011 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree with you. I loved the original and this is not a good choice. They could have found someone at least in their 30s who is hot.

Comment by MJ – February 11, 2011 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1
      Agree with you, too. This is sounding more and more ridiculous by the minute.

Comment by Kiki – February 11, 2011 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interesting. I would also like for Bosley to be gay or bi and Charlie’s lover. That would be the perfect twist.

Comment by timotey – February 11, 2011 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too young. I mean, it’s understandable that they went youngER, but this is ridiculous.

Comment by eviltwit – February 11, 2011 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the angels, bosley looks like a dork.

Comment by jay – February 11, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will they be dusting off the scripts from the 1970s episodes as well? Seems like if you’re going to resurrect the dead, you may as well go all out.

Comment by CMJ – February 11, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to suck…as a fan of the original series, I can see it already it will be of the first shows to go…I hope they try to make it atleast a serious series and not all campy.

Comment by Jake – February 11, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that seems to be the last nail in the coffin. So Drew Barrymore is producing this? For someone who has been in Hollywood most of her life, this whole casting from the Angels to this guy, must be a joke.

But I am sure it will be a hit. Poor acting, badly written scripts, just what the tweeners love. Like I said before, lots of slow motion bikini shots of the girls running and lots of grade school sexual innuendo’s and dialog written at the 4th grade level. It will be difficult for them have any dialog longer than two sentences because the 12 to 16 year old boys, who this show will be aimed for, won’t be able to follow it.

Comment by Rusty – February 11, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was such an ass in the transformers movie. Not sure I could take him seriously. Not that I’m planning on watching this.

Comment by Corinne – February 11, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think having a gay bosley is a great idea because being gay myself,I and the gay community will watch the show and the ratings will be sky high

Comment by mike shapani – August 28, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To all the haters!!! Give the guy a chance, he might excel your expectations…
    You say that he is too young, dork or not sexy enough, that you would have chosen somebody older but at the end of the day, that is exactly why you all are not in show business…

Comment by New Yorker – September 24, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the new bos is HOT! What a nice change from the old stuffy, cucumber up his arse old bosley! Go RAMON! I’m a fan for sure.
    Hot, hot, hot