Charlie's Angels Pilot Finds Its Bosley

Ramon Rodriguez (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) has joined ABC’s Charlie’s Angels reboot as Charlie’s liaison, Bosley.

The new Angels stars Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights), Rachael Taylor (Transformers) and Annie Ilonzeh (General Hospital) as the titular trio of sexy sleuths. Rodriguez’s Bosley is described as a charming and funny guy with GQ looks and Peter Pan smile who has great hacking skills and technical knowledge.

As with David Doyle’s portrayal on the original ’70s series, Boz is a rock of support for the Angels and the good-natured brunt of many jokes.

Rodriguez’s previous TV series credits include The Wire and Day Break.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Pilots

1. MJ says:

Interesting choice. I wouldn’t have chosen him. I always saw Bosley as someone older than the girls.

2. em g says:

and he’s 12. Honestly, it would be far more interesting if they had cast someone to play him as gay…

3. Summer says:

….so not who I would have chosen.

4. aiken4olivia says:

It would’ve been intersting had they gone a bit older as well….and I agree with em g, a gay Bosley would’ve been a great character. Now we may end up having him fall in love with one of the angels, blah! blah! blah!….

5. raelee514 says:

You know, how do we know from the casting and the description that he isn’t gay? Not counting on that, but the blurb sure doesn’t say he is straight. I kind of rather they’d still made Bosley a bit older than the girls, maybe an ex cop himself, someone who could offer wisdom — he still could have hacker skills, there really isn’t a rule a hacker has to be young.

6. Dexx says:

Considering that the 18-49 age group is the target audience, I think that having him be young makes sense. I know that that age group is the target of most shows that have older people so maybe its a contradiction but I think that in this case it is fitting.

7. Enough says:

Just another reason for me not to watch, can we stop remaking original’s that were good. Why trash a classic with an updated crappy version.

8. timotey says:

Interesting. I would also like for Bosley to be gay or bi and Charlie’s lover. That would be the perfect twist.

9. eviltwit says:

Too young. I mean, it’s understandable that they went youngER, but this is ridiculous.

10. jay says:

love the angels, bosley looks like a dork.

11. CMJ says:

will they be dusting off the scripts from the 1970s episodes as well? Seems like if you’re going to resurrect the dead, you may as well go all out.

12. Jake says:

This is going to suck…as a fan of the original series, I can see it already it will be of the first shows to go…I hope they try to make it atleast a serious series and not all campy.

13. Rusty says:

Well, that seems to be the last nail in the coffin. So Drew Barrymore is producing this? For someone who has been in Hollywood most of her life, this whole casting from the Angels to this guy, must be a joke.

But I am sure it will be a hit. Poor acting, badly written scripts, just what the tweeners love. Like I said before, lots of slow motion bikini shots of the girls running and lots of grade school sexual innuendo’s and dialog written at the 4th grade level. It will be difficult for them have any dialog longer than two sentences because the 12 to 16 year old boys, who this show will be aimed for, won’t be able to follow it.

14. Corinne says:

He was such an ass in the transformers movie. Not sure I could take him seriously. Not that I’m planning on watching this.

15. mike shapani says:

I think having a gay bosley is a great idea because being gay myself,I and the gay community will watch the show and the ratings will be sky high

16. New Yorker says:

To all the haters!!! Give the guy a chance, he might excel your expectations…
    You say that he is too young, dork or not sexy enough, that you would have chosen somebody older but at the end of the day, that is exactly why you all are not in show business…

17. anthea says:

I think the new bos is HOT! What a nice change from the old stuffy, cucumber up his arse old bosley! Go RAMON! I’m a fan for sure.
    Hot, hot, hot