Exclusive

Private Practice Exclusive: Shrink Role Fits ER Alum Alex Kingston

Someone at Oceanside Wellness must have paged ER, stat!, because Alex Kingston is making tracks for ABC’s Private Practice.

‘AddiSam’ Baby Talk From Private Practice Boss Shonda Rhimes

Kingston has landed the multi-episode role of Marla, a shrink who will help out one of our favorites work through a personal ordeal.

Exclusive: Private Practice Brings Back Grant Show – For A Deadly Twist?

Since her ER days, Kingston has never been off the TV scene for long at all. Most recently, she had recurring arcs on Law & Order: SVU (as New York City Defense Attorney Miranda Pond) and FlashForward. This spring, she will continue her role as Doctor Who‘s River Song.

1. kat says:

Whenever I see Alex has been cast in something, I always have two simultaneous reactions:

1. Yay! Alex on my screen!
    2. Oh no, time spent elsewhere is time she is not being badass River Song.

This is possibly not the most logical reaction. :)

2. Roxy says:

LOL. They need someone pretty and that can act to offset the fact that Kadee Strickland has too many unfortunate angles, and cant act. If they insist on pursuing that crappy storyline they need to put real talent on screen.

3. Sara says:

I love Alex Kingston, but I am over the Charlotte storyline. It is boring and repetitive of Violet’s attack.

4. Sterling says:

Spoilers!

5. xav says:

Yay! I’ve loved Alex for years and I never get tired of seeing her on my screen. Let’s hope she keeps her English accent though; I’m not a fan of when English actors drop their accents for roles.

6. trista says:

She’ll be great!

7. Amy says:

I think it’s more likely she could be helping Addie. SPOILER ……………………………………………………………………..we know Bizzy dies (suicide ?) and Addie had a breakdown of sorts.

I’d rather it’s Addie than Charlotte. I’m also bored of these attack storylines. First Violet, now Charlotte. Who next ?

8. Tracey says:

Look forward to Alex on Private Practice…maybe she can be a love interest for “Sheldon”!

9. Jessie says:

An actress I don’t like going to a show I don’t watch. The only reason I read the article was in the hopes that this gig will keep her off “Doctor Who.” I can’t stand River Song.

10. dee123 says:

Hello Sweetie!

11. Alex says:

I love Alex but just can’t stomach Private Practice. I suspect I’m going to have to pass on this one.

12. Federico says:

Can’t stand River Song? she is freaking awesome.
    Hope she’ll never left doctor who.

13. Hope says:

I’ve never watched Private Practice, Grey’s Anatomy or any other medical show that isn’t Scrubs, so all this article serves to do is make me miss Doctor Who.

Dammit.

14. rush says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and dont get me wrong, i LOVE alex Kingston, i love love love her and i loved loved loved ER, which is why im so dissapointed she said yes to appear on this low brow knock-off!!! i despise grays anatomy and all that it entails( e.i. private practise) urgh!!!

15. Bob says:

And the worst part is, they’re splitting up the next season of Dr. Who into Spring and Fall seasons. What a bunch of bull-bleep!

16. I tried loading this page with chrome, and it seems loads faster!