NCIS on Tuesday night enjoyed another all-time high in viewership, delivering — wait for it — 22.85 million total viewers (up 8 percent week-to-week). The previous record was set just three weeks ago, when the audience hit 22 million.
The forever-popular CBS procedural also surged 14 percent in the coveted 18-49 demo to score its best rating (4.6) since October 2009.
Frankly, I haven’t seen an 8-year-old this charged up since I let one of my twin sons have half a pack of Starbursts. Ergo my recent New York Post tribute to Mr. Mark Harmon; check it out.
Elsewhere on Tuesday night:
* Gaining double digits in both measures, The Biggest Loser: Couples weighed in with its best (non-finale) rating since May 2010, and its largest (non-finale) audience (9.17 mil) in a year.
* A nice crowd RSVP’d for the One Tree Hill wedding, as the series gained 26 percent in both viewers (2.37 mil) and the demo (1.2). The eight-year-old sudser also hit a season high in its target demo of Women 18-34.
* With 1.9 million viewers, Hellcats dropped an op to ride on Julian’s tuxedo coattails, instead shedding 12 percent from its most recent audience.
* ABC’s V hit a series-low 1.7 rating, and at times was even bested in viewers (5.2 mil) and the demo by Fox’s Million Dollar Money Drop game show thingamabob.
* At 10 o’clock, The Good Wife was up 7 percent in total viewers, with 12.1 million. NBC’s plucky Parenthood, however, bested the CBS hit in the demo from 10:30 on, and served up its biggest audience since its September opener.
What’s your Tuesday TV of choice?