Ratings: NCIS Hits New All-Time High, Tree Hill Wedding Gets Good Turn-Out

NCIS on Tuesday night enjoyed another all-time high in viewership, delivering — wait for it — 22.85 million total viewers (up 8 percent week-to-week). The previous record was set just three weeks ago, when the audience hit 22 million.

The forever-popular CBS procedural also surged 14 percent in the coveted 18-49 demo to score its best rating (4.6) since October 2009.

Frankly, I haven’t seen an 8-year-old this charged up since I let one of my twin sons have half a pack of Starbursts. Ergo my recent New York Post tribute to Mr. Mark Harmon; check it out.

The TVLine Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Axed? What’s on the Bubble?

Elsewhere on Tuesday night:

* Gaining double digits in both measures, The Biggest Loser: Couples weighed in with its best (non-finale) rating since May 2010, and its largest (non-finale) audience (9.17 mil) in a year.

* A nice crowd RSVP’d for the One Tree Hill wedding, as the series gained 26 percent in both viewers (2.37 mil) and the demo (1.2). The eight-year-old sudser also hit a season high in its target demo of Women 18-34.

* With 1.9 million viewers, Hellcats dropped an op to ride on Julian’s tuxedo coattails, instead shedding 12 percent from its most recent audience.

* ABC’s V hit a series-low 1.7 rating, and at times was even bested in viewers (5.2 mil) and the demo by Fox’s Million Dollar Money Drop game show thingamabob.

* At 10 o’clock, The Good Wife was up 7 percent in total viewers, with 12.1 million. NBC’s plucky Parenthood, however, bested the CBS hit in the demo from 10:30 on, and served up its biggest audience since its September opener.

What’s your Tuesday TV of choice?

1. Michael says:

How does this happen? Oh yeah, because Mark Harmon is AWESOME!!!

2. David Kauffman says:

This is what happens when you take the most watered down drama imaginable and present it to America at a popular timeslot.

Why are we impressed.

3. brandon says:

I’ve never seen an NCIS episode, and I don’t really plan to. I don’t hate anything about it, I just don’t care.

• Clarissa says:

I was the same way, but USA kept reruning it over and over again so I eventually gave in. It’s hard not to fall in love with the characters.

• Deco says:

@Clarissa I felt the same way as @brandon until I started watching the reuns on USA. Now I too am a fan..It’s not so much about the plot for me it’s more about the characters.

• Kate says:

Same here! They had a marathon on one day and i got sucked in! We had never watched because we figured a JAG shoot off wouldnt be any good. They proved me wrong!

• Vanny says:

You really don’t know what you are missing. My friend kept telling me to watch it, and I didn’t. When I finally did watch it, i was hooked, and now it is my favorite procedural..!

4. Svenja says:

NCIS deserves it… I am a die-hard fan and it’s extraordinary that NCIS is doing so DAMN WELL in its 8th season.
    I love this show…it’s my favourite…
    Go NCIS :)

5. Chey says:

This show is amazing. It’s funny, has good plots, and the characters are very interesting. I’m so happy that it is doing so well!

6. Clarissa says:

So freaking happy for the cast and crew. Everyone involved always seems so grateful to be a part of the show, so congrats to them!

I found this week’s episode kind of boring, but next week looks amazing.

7. QuickDraw says:

Well, gee Downer Dave, I have no idea what impresses you–The Cape perhaps–oh wait, never mind. NCIS is impressive, because after 8 seasons it’s still going strong. Here’s a thought, if you don’t care for it, don’t watch it–just leave the true fans of the show to enjoy it.

8. Mikaylah says:

Even when NCIS is bad, it is good. Yesterday’s episode was good, I thought. Loved the ending. :)

9. Lisa says:

Would you PLEASE start adding Parenthood to your “what to watch” list now?!? You keep calling it plucky (which is fine), but now you need to start calling it good television. Last night’s episode was truly wonderful, but I would have never known that if I went by this site’s advice.

10. Sourabh says:

There are only two CBS procedurals I care about. The Good Wife, and NCIS. I never could get into any of the CSIs, didn’t think much of the NCIS spinoff, and I lost interest in Criminal Minds a couple of seasons back (though I do watch special episodes from time to time).
    So if CBS did that well in the ratings, I’m happy that it was with NCIS.

11. KK says:

22.7 million viewers for my favorite show on TV? That is some good news. The only thing that disappoints me about these numbers is that all those people came in on an episode I do not consider one of their better ones. There were some great oppurtunities to really dive into Ziva’s Somalia issues, and they let them pass right on by.
    Anyway, I have watched this show since its two episode pilot run on JAG and not missed an episode since. This show has one hard-working crew and they deserve this success.

12. Robin says:

Did the weather in the east have anything to do with the ratings??

• amy says:

Yeah, I’d expect a lot of shows to hit highs tonight, too — nobody in the midwest or east can get out of the house! (19 inches of snow here.)

13. Susan M says:

I really enjoyed Detroit 1-8-7 last night. This show is getting better and better. A new female cast member was added last night to play off a Michael Imperioli and it gave the show some bounce.

14. ripleyaeryn says:

I really hope that ABC will get rid of NOF in their programming, it’s killing V who have an incredible and very addictive season 2.

15. Thom says:

What about Detroit 1-8-7? It was the best show ever on that series.

16. Mel says:

Why is it that people still don’t get what the loyal fans of NCIS understand so well? This show rocks. It is so under-rated by snobby critics and awards groups. The show and it’s talented group of cast and crew do such an outstanding job each week. It’s not a procedural, people. It’s a character-driven drama with a large dose of humor. Kudos to everyone connected to this great show for their outstanding work!

17. kim in dallas says:

I chose correctly. Parenthood is really good. Haven’t watched Good Wife since last season(no DVR). I won’t compare my decision to Sophie’s Choice, but close*wink*

18. Trista says:

One Tree Hill was awesome last night – one more season PLEASE!!!!!

19. Suncatcher says:

What super comments about such a great show, NCIS! Its fans are SO loyal – for a reason! Great cast, great scripts, great chemistry! As Gibbs keeps saying, “family.”

If CBS doesn’t muck around with it like they did ruining Criminal Minds, NCIS should be around for (hopefully) a few more years! : )

Keep ‘em coming!

20. Elizabeth says:

Truthfully, the only things my parents, siblings and I have in common are the fact we have the same last name and that we all love “NCIS”. To me, the show effortlessly bridges any generation gap by consistenly providing the tenents of a good show: good writing and enthralling characters. It’s nice to have them to rely on.

21. Tasha says:

Loved Brooke’s wedding on OTH, was nice to see an event go off with no life or death drama!!! I love OTH, have since it started and if this is to be the last season I hope that the showrunners give it the send off the cast, crew and dedicated fans deserve.