Exclusive

Exclusive Bones Video: Meet 'Evil, Evil Booth'

This Thursday on Fox’s Bones, a new big bad will rise as one falls.

The January 27 episode of the Fox drama, titled “The Bullet In the Brain,” effectively wraps up the show’s recurring and ghoulish Gravedigger storyline. In doing so, it introduces a similar, sinister element — except whereas the Gravedigger was a horribly misguided version of Brennan, the new villain, a sniper, will exploit an expertise shared by Booth in a very bad way.

“He’s evil, evil Booth,” warns Bones creator Hart Hanson in this exclusive video preview below.

Bones Buzz: Will the Truth Set Booth and Brennan Free?

As Booth struggles with the fact that one of his “own” (played by The Mummy‘s Arnold Vosloo) has gone to the dark side, “We’ll see Booth in a way we’ve never seen him before,” says executive producer Stephen Nathan.

Bones Exclusive: Booth/Brennan Season-Ending Romance Subject of ‘Spirited Debate,’ Says Boss

Watch this first look at the “evil Booth” sniper storyline kicking off Thursday at 9/8c, and get a taste for how (literally) explosive it promises to be.

1. Javi says:

Not fair… I’m in Chile and I can’t watch it… I guess I’ll have to wait until Thursday :(

• Fleur says:

I’m in Argentina and I can’t watch it either. But if you use a software such as ProXPN you can change your IP address to one of the USA and it works! :)

• ElleKay says:

Can you tell me a bit more about the program ProXPN? I have a friend that just moved back to Germany and cannot watch any of her American favorites. Does that work for things like Hulu and the like?

Trying to find something to help her out since she moved mid season.

Thanks!

• Hey 1 are you really in Chile,where at? I born there is my birth country love it< now in NC, I love bones too, Are they showing there?
      :) thanks
      chao

• francisca says:

I’m in Portugal and can’t watch it either. This really sucks.

• Mary Ox says:

I understand I’m in Venezuela and it is exactly the same.

2. Kim says:

Why can’t I see the Vid!? People from other countries (like the Netherlands like me) are Bones fans too!!!

• Fleur says:

I’m from the Netherlands as well and I can’t watch it either.. Too bad ’cause I really can’t wait till Thursday!! Promises to be a great episode.

3. majamababe says:

Okay, articles and spoilers are great – but what about recaps? I waited and looked all last week for a Bones recap after the article but there was everything but. Are you not doing recaps anymore?

4. Sans Video says:

5. Kristen says:

Awesome video, can’t wait until Thursday! I love action Booth, this whole arc is going to be incredible.

6. Derek64 says:

Cripes, it won’t let me watch the video! Fix that please!

7. paola says:

I don’t care what they tease, promise or hint at; I’m not watching this show again until Hannah’s gone. While I actually liked the character/actress in her own right, her addition has thrown the entire show off-kilter. Haven’t seen it in months now, and if things don’t change soon, I can’t imagine caring enough to ever watch it again, even if she does eventually go.

• Marsha says:

I don’t give a rat’s arse about their so-called new and exciting storyline this or character development that. I’ve had it with this show. I have been a faithful fan but they NEVER live up to their promises. I’m sick and tired of HH’s being so vague and coy about Booth and Brennan’s relationship, they have totally destroyed the comaraderie and deepseated loyalty and spark that the show was so famous for. You think people tuned in for the murder mysteries every Thursday? NO!! They wanted the chemistry laced bantering, the close encounters, will they won’t they moments. Now, B & B don’t even close the episodes anymore. HH has ruined the show and I don’t care anymore. I hate this, they have broken my heart!

• Gigi says:

Calm down!! If you’re so tired of the show, stop watching and don’t commment on stories related to the show! The writers tried something different to spice up the Bones and it wasn’t really a good idea. SO what! There are worse things happening in the world than a luke warm story line…

• Helen says:

Ditto..the chemistry is gone and Brennan seems so robotic. She isn’t the same character. Hard to explain but something is off. The can reunite B & B and it won’t ruin the show like Moonlighting.

• ret says:

Robotic???? Didn’t you see her performance in “Doctor in the Photo”?

• MJ says:

Brennan seems robotic because Booth left when he was in love with her and came back in love with someone else… if that doesn’t throw one’s life off kilter I don’t know what does… worse even, she likes Hannah, so her feelings are all confused… she may be hyper-rational, but what she is feeling is not rational, so she freezes…. more than robotic, I think she’s going through a deer-caught-in-headlights moment

• Marianne says:

Get a grip! I will admit that I am not crazy about the whole Hannah and Booth storyline, but I still very much enjoy the other aspects of the show….and if you have paid attention to any of the spoilers at all….they are moving back towards Brennan and Booth being close again. It amazes me how caught up people get in their TV shows….GEESH!

• 5tree says:

If you hate the show so much, then MOVE ON. Don’t torture yourself.

• Derek64 says:

She will be gone after the 13th episode I think…

• TR says:

I think both the actress and the characters were utter failures. Speaking as someone who thought the triangle story made sense when spoilers came out.
      Used to love the show, actively rooting for it to fail since the show turned an ultra cool heroine into a pathetic cliche. That is not emotional growth.

• EL says:

HH says they were looking to kill this year and they did — their show.

• 5tree says:

*Which is still getting 9-10 million in the ratings. Sorry to disappoint you.

• > says:

So even with the Idol lead, it’s still not as doing well as last year. Sure, lots of people are watching. But lots of people are watching 2 1/2 Men. Between loss of some viewers and at best, ambivalent critics, there’s not a lot of praise for Bones.

• LIZ says:

I don’t usually reply to these things, but I can’t stand Hannah either! I don’t think that the addition of her is a bad thing because it made Bones realize what she should have seen all along, however, I HATE the actress. I think she is a very bad actress and it completely takes away from the show. Ugh! They need to get rid of her ASAP!

• Huh? says:

I really thought the Booth’s girlfriend plot made sense on paper. But I didn’t know the actress/character would be so bland. And I didn’t know they would turn Booth into whatever he is right now.

• sallysue says:

It’s a shame you’ll miss out on a show you seem to like, familiar characters and interesting stories (such as this) because of one plot device named Hannah who will eventually be gone and Booth and Bones will be stronger than ever. If you can’t see the chemistry that is still there then maybe you never understood the depth of their relationship.

8. Anna says:

I was a little nervous for this season of Bones.
    This totally restores my faith!!!

• M says:

Don’t hold your breath, the producers and writers of this show is famous for setting up their fans for major disappointment. Take the Booth’s dream episode; or Booth’s confession or Brennan’s confession or Hannah finding out about Booth and Brennan’s feelings for each other… you get my drift. Be prepared for a major let down.

• 5tree says:

Except that that the sniper-arc is on the action/thriller type side, not the romance/drama side, so really those comparisons are irrelevant.

• Huh? says:

Another Gormogon resolution in the making?

• Blah says:

Oh, good lord, don’t tell me this IS another Gormogon situation and they make Wendell the accomplice? If they do that again I might actually STOP watching!……ok maybe not ;D
            I think the Hannah plot line is gonna be a MAJOR componenet, and as much as I DISLIKE Hannah being on the show, creating a drift between B&B, I KNOW that in the end it will all pay off, let’s call it a….gut feeling ;)
            And for the people that say that they will stop following the show JUST because of Hannah, probably don’t fully understand the DEPTH of the B&B situation, and making arbitrary decisions for the 2 could be fatal for the dynamic. Brennan needs to be able to think it over, which she did in 6×09, and Booth did too, last season. They both KNOW now, but neither are willing to act due to Hannah, AND due to the fact that they’re both still scared, especially Brennan, while Booth is still hurt from when she rejected him. Hannah may not be my fav character, but I got huge feeling that HH has something really, I mean seriously, actually, good up his sleeve, and I feel it won’t disappoint. :)

9. mak says:

yesss! love Bones!

10. Katy says:

On youtube (for non-USA readers) :-)

11. SnazzyO says:

Anyone else think this is how Hannah get’s knocked off?

• Pho says:

I hope not because I don’t want to see anyone mourning Hannah. I think they made the perfect gf to Booth and Bones so we would like her. Unfortunately, now I think less of Booth and Bones for being impressed by such a shallow character. Blame the writers, and the actress didn’t help.

• Andrew says:

Absolutely, I can’t see the show promising to kill somebody off who’s been a part of it since the 4th season, no matter how trivial they may be (one of the interns/Cam’s daughter).

12. TR says:

Fool me once, shame on you.
    You know the rest.

• Dane says:

LOL. I know exactly what you mean, but for me, it was a case of fool me FOUR times. the first one being the dream episode, the second was Booth’s confession and Brenan’s rejection, the third being Brenna’s confession and Booth’s rejection and the fourth was Hannah not ditching Booth after she founf out that Booth had feelings for Brennan and because she’s so oblivious, does not realize that he still does, whatever, either way, I’ll never hold my breath based on anything these idiot producers tease us with, because for certain it will never live up to expectations and will definitely have the opposite effect.

• skylark 66 says:

And yet here you are, gripping about the show. Why would you do that except that you might still be interested in what is happening? Looks good, a real story, dump the Hannah story and get back to interesting stories. Looking forward to “bad Booth”. Boreanaz plays bad/angst/anger so well.

• anonymous says:

Actually, online comments do not equal ratings. Look at celebrity gossips sites and comments on box office poison stars. With Bones, HH&Co have messed with fans too many times. This is all a case of reveling in schadenfruede.

• Pho says:

Watching Bones: 59 min
          Scratching Head: 17 min
          Giving Up and Going to Bed: 10 min
          –> Not worth it.

Reading Spoilers: 3 min
          Hoping: 2 min
          Knowing Better: .5 min
          Venting: 2 min
          –> Priceless

• Jessica says:

LOL love it. I’m not one who will ever give up the show, however far it falls, but your comparison is definitely ALL WIN. Thanks for making me laugh ;)

• Lizzie says:

Liz Lemon voice: It’s funny ’cause it’s true.

Jessica, it really is nice if you can stay loyal. It’s really for fans like you that I hope HH and SN salvage something out of this arc. After the season 4 lie, then the season 5 reset, and a new character I don’t enjoy, I need a break. That said, I will definitely Hulu-watch if Brennan gives Angela any unique pregnancy advice. Could be priceless comedy without resorting to pretending Bones doesn’t understand basic English.

• Pho says:

Lizzie, if Bones give Angela baby-advice, I am so there. (As long as it’s not one of those cheap ‘I don’t know what that means’ jokes.)

13. Dianna says:

I understand everyone’s frustration with this season, but…

Guys? This episode?

Bring. It. On.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

14. Michael says:

This looks so damn good. I’m just hoping that with this sniper story arc Booth goes to a whole new level of FBI agent and that when he has a problem catching this guy he will get another visit from his best friend’s ghost Teddy (Edward Parker). Now I know a lot of people are going to argue that Teddy was apart of Booth’s brain tumor hallucinations from season 4 but your wrong because at the end of the episode “The Hero in the Hold” Bones say and talked to Teddy not realizing who he was. And by doing that the show has left a way to reintroduce the character to the show. Also in the season 5 finale of the show before Booth decided to leave to go train the US soldiers he took a moment to look at his previous War photos and he spent some time looking at a particular photo of him and Teddy which is telling me that they could bring him back. Look I know its a long shot but please Hart Hanson bring back for at least one of these sniper related episodes.

15. Jonathon says:

So Angel is becoming Angelus again? Sounds good to me.

• Maddles says:

That is EXACTLY what I thought! But, sadly, it’s been done before. Though that never stopped anyone on TV.

• Jessica says:

I think when they say “evil Booth” they’re referring to the bad guy… in that he’s like Booth, except evil. That’s why they made the comparison to the Gravedigger being like an evil Brennan. But, I’m sure that Booth will be dark in this episode as he reacts to another sniper abusing the expertise that they share, so maybe you’ll be proved correct anyhow ;)

16. Felipe Manzano says:

Discrimination!!

17. Alicia says:

Looks great… now if only they’d break up Booth and Hannah

18. Alabaster says:

I love Arnold Vosloo! He is a fantastic actor and really underrated!

19. Teri M says:

I am all about ditching Hannah and the horrible unrealistic friendship between her and Brennan (JEEZ who’s idea was it to leave out perfectly primal jealousy in favor of this crap?). Hannah & Booth make me want to gag and this who thing is slowly making my husband not want to watch one of my favorite shows with me anymore. Please don’t kill her, I don’t want her mourned either. It’s bad enough I can’t revel in the Booth/Brennan sexual innuendos anymore (the Carny episode was HOT).

I’m excited to see some twisted FBI action, so I hope the producers are reading this. We want our nerdy witty humor and sexual tension formula back!

• Kristie says:

I agree that the friendship weirds me out but I think with someone like Brennan, it’s very accurate. She’d completely push aside her emotions, be logical. Not to mention, anyone hear the phrase keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

ps, I can’t WAIT for her to be gone. LOL

• Brenda says:

I agree with Terri M. Without the sexual tension between Booth and Bones plus nerdy witty humor from the other scientists, this show has become boring. Hannah is boring. Jeezsh. The least the writers could have done was make Hannah an interesting woman equal to Bones so that the story line could pop and be believable. So Booth is the type of guy to settle for blahaaahhh? Really? Come on. And what about Angela? Jeezsh again! Even pregnant women can be interesting. Last season ended so great and this season came back blahahaha! We haven’t heard enough about their exploits on the dig, in Afghanastan or Paris – Nope just jumped right into Hannahahahaha.

20. sandy says:

I want Hannah off the show solo bad. But she cannot be killed. Maybe she can get caught cheating or simply say she doesn’t love booths anymore.

21. Kristie says:

First – I am so sick of people whining and crying about HH having ruined the show. If you don’t like it DON’T WATCH IT. And yes, to someone who asked if we tune in for murder mysteries…YES some of us did to start and still do. We actually like the genre. The B&B thing is definitely a bonus but the show didn’t start off with them as the centerpiece so the ones who have been die hard since day one, probably don’t like the show primarily for B&B. Second- HH is not exactly one to cater to the demands of his fans. He’s a true artist in the sense that he does what he wants with HIS show, willing to suffer the consequences if need be. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. But the ratings are not down and so obviously, he still has us all by the short and curlies. Either deal with it or quit watching. Those of us who still enjoy the show are tired of your belly aching.

• Ooh says:

I am so tired of blindly positive PR and the notion that fans have no right to respond to the show however they like.
      I am thankful for the comments sections because it lets me mourn a show I used to like and lets me know I’m not alone or crazy in my responses. For example, if it weren’t for the comments, I would think I was hallucinating Booth’s attitude this season because it’s so out of character.

• JJ says:

Hear, hear! I think praising HH or the storyline at this point is ridiculous, but I’m not going to stop anyone else from doing it. Besides, the writers have been deliberately riling up the fans since the “real sex” publicity tour of season 4.

• GirlieNinja says:

Thank you! Finally, someone with some sense. I always expected one of them to have a serious relationship that did not involve the other. Anything else would be too unrealistic. They are two intelligent, attractive people…isn’t it crazy to expect them to continue “flirting” with each other for another 5 years and not be with anyone? I like the show as it is. No I don’t especially care for Hannah, but whatever. I like the storylines (even the cheesy ones lol). I do enjoy the chemistry between B&B but there’s more to life than chemistry.

• JJ says:

Talking about “artistry” is pretentious, even with the best shows. On Bones where the #1 goal is obviously L&O level of syndication, it’s completely laughable.
      I followed Michael Ausiello from EW because I liked the irreverence. I also used to think Bones was blast.

22. Lori Batchler says:

I LOVE BONES ! I just started watching a couple of months ago (reruns). I went to the move rental store and gathered all the episodes I have not yet seen. I record every episode a week in advance so I will be sure I don’t miss ANYTHING.
    I love everything about the series, but the attraction between Booth and Brennen keeps me glued to the TV. Please let them get and stay together???? <3

23. Dee says:

First let me say, I l~o~v~e this show for all its content! When a show stops giving me satisfaction, I quit watching…I don’t whine & complain. This episode that is scheduled to air on Jan. 27th should ROCK! Tune in then judge. As for Hannah, and B&B…crap happens in all our lives. Deal with it!

24. Tena says:

Come on, people. If Brennan & Booth had a relationship, the show would be over. That would turn it from a forensics show to a love story. BORING!

They haven’t had many shows this season. If they did, I missed them. Basketball was always on, now it’s that idiotic American Idol. I think there should be a special channel for reality shows only, and keep them off network TV.

• WEndy says:

Thank You! I believe that if and when B&B cross the partner to lovers line I will quit watching the show. I am not the biggest fan of Hannah and Booth but it is good to see him with someone outside the lab, we only know Booth as the FBI agent who catches the bad guy and have yet to see other sides of him with the exception of his role as a father. This storyline will give him more depth. As fore Bones and Hannah becoming friends, if anyone really watched the ending of the last episode they would have seen Bones binge drinking…a clear indication that the friendship is only superficial and a way for Bones to cope with the sad realization that she and Booth do not have a romantic future. People want to rant and rave about the addition of Hannah without taking an in depth look at what she really represents.
      And for everyone who does not think this storyline is realistic, news flash ITS ONLY A TV SHOW

25. TinaY says:

Wow, this show is a mess.

• 5tree says:

Wow, the above comment says nothing useful… Did you even watch the video?

• Huh? says:

I get the comment. I think the show is a “mess” too. A hot mess. Like Matrix Revolution mess of what used to be original Matrix cool. The spoiler just emphasizes it, drawing attention to a new arc. Lets see how the show resolves what seems like an irretrievably bad 1st half of the season.

• ^^; says:

Exactly. We’ve let the show get away with so many unresolved arcs because the show’s chemistry was always good. But now making a mess and not cleaning it up has become a habit. Before this sniper arc, please clean up the Hannah arc.

26. J says:

I cant FREAKING wait!!!!

27. Sarah says:

You guys are too funny! I can understand artistry, however I hope HH is prepared for the fall out with fans due to his renegade attitude. The plain fact is that you keep your fans happy (you know, the reason you’re even on the air in the first place) or you’re done. I wish these shows would understand that it’s not the characters getting together that kills a show, it’s the years long dragging the sexual tension same old story out that kills it. Fans either get bored waiting, and by the time they do hit the sheets they’ve built the expectations so high nothing can compare. So quit dragging it out and shooting your show in the foot. I don’t watch the show for the crime, there are plenty of those on tv, I watch because I love the characters and how they interact with each other.

28. brittany cameron says:

O my fricken good. it looks so amazing, so desenceble and yet another side to the story.. ( Who is this GRAVE DIGGER) what is he, thing, she or it??

29. Fee says:

Oh come ON! “THE VIDEO YOU ARE TRYING TO WATCH CANNOT BE VIEWED FROM YOUR CURRENT COUNTRY OR LOCATION.”?!?

30. Passer says:

Ehh. I think between real life scandals & this season’s characterization, Boreanaz/Booth fans are here to the end. I’m not a fan (think he’s the Lana Lang of Bones), and want some spoilers about Bones(Brennan).
    Does she even have a life outside of Booth these days? Doesn’t Emily Deschanel get a cool storyline? And a new haircut? And something other than that trenchcoat?

31. b says:

So excited! This whole season has been so meh – not because of Hannah per se, but because of what the writers have let Hannah’s presence to do the usual Booth/Brennan dynamic, coupled with a dearth of interesting cases. I have a feeling this episode will at least solve the second problem, and will hopefully force a return to some of the old dynamic (even if not flirtatious) to solve the first. I don’t mind that B/B aren’t romantically involved (OK, I do, but not that much), but they don’t even seem to be friends anymore, and barely even partners. If they could even just get back to the partner dynamic it would be a huge improvement, and I think this could force that.

32. leeloo says:

It looks simply amazing, and I’m excited for Booth’s storyline concerning his past and inner demons. The sniper, the frantic chase, the determination, the angst, the torment, all excellent vehicles for Boreanaz: he’s great at playing the brooding dark inner side of a character. From the promos and this new exclusive video, it looks like an incredibly good story. Combined with the fact that Boreanaz himself directed it, we already have a winner.

33. Mit says:

B&B, well that gets old and the tension does not hold. Give me more forensics, more science,all the interns and then more.(BRING BACK ZAC!!!!) Give me TJ Thyne,Mr. Daily and the rest of the crew. fun funny and lots of double entant. HH keep it coming. And Arnie Vosloo does not hurt either….:)
    Well, I suppose you could kill off Cam’s seriously nasty, spoiled, rude daughter and the Hannah character is not a good fit…but not my call….

34. Sandra says:

I still watching but what attracted me to the program was the relationship between both B&B. Now it is just like everyother program in TV. It seems like writers/producers are afraid to let there characters relationships bloom because if they do the show will become dull. To me that when their writers need to did down and show/prove that the are outstanding writers.

35. Meg says:

More like SEXY Booth is coming…

36. Britt says:

The title of the show is “Bones”. The premiss of the show is to solve crimes using a top notch forensics team from the Jeffersonian. There is a myriad of characters in this show, Dr. Sweets, Angela, the “Squints”, and Cam. As the show progressed Booth and Brennan’s relationship grew and it has been fun to see everyone in the lab discussing “are they or aren’t they”. The show is not just about them. It’s about everyone on the show. Think about it, the Angela/Hodgins relationship which took awhile to develope, but what will happen when the baby is born? There is the Daisy/Sweets relationship, Brennan’s issues with her dad, will Jarrod come back with his wife, Booth’s grandfather, Brennan’s brother, Angela’s dad … whatever happened to them? There are so many untapped avenues to be explored from previous shows that still need to be answered. It not just about Booth and Brennan.

37. J says:

Hannah is a gypsy vagabond, and NOT interested in marriage or settling down. Remember, she moved in (from overseas) with only one napsack/pack; and she voiced her fear she was afraid Booth was going to ask her to marry him. She is NO homebody! Booth wants a woman willing to stay closer to home who will be there to love him. Hannah is far too restless. I don’t mean Booth wants his woman AT home, but not running all around the world from thrill to thrill.

Please stop making Brennan be so ridiculously robotic and socially clueless! She was raised her first 14 years with love and affection, for crying out loud! And you’ve shown her many times to be warm, tender-hearted and Normal! It’s annoying and over-the-top how you go too far forcing her character to act so abnormal. Please let her warm, caring and kind side show most predominately…it suits her far better.

BONES is our favorite show!

• Suncatcher says:

“J” – I wrote the same thing about what the writers have done to make Brennan a social misfit before I saw that you wrote the same thing – only better. Well said!

I sure hope the so called “executives” of “Bones” are reading these comments. They are straight from the hearts of the extremely loyal viewers who care(d) about this show. Looks like a lot of us are walking away from this show – it could be really too late for the writers to undo the damage that they have done (all listed above by many viewers).

• Jessica says:

Thank you! I’ve been thinking this same thing about Brennan’s character, but couldn’t quite find the right words. I loved her in the early seasons, and now she annoys me to no end. I’m hoping it will improve whenever the chemistry between Booth & Brennan gets a little closer to what it used to be (yes, I AM holding out that this will happen!).

• Lizzie says:

I think what best represents this change is–

Early Bones: misses sensational news because she’s reading the history of jazz
      Now Bones: doesn’t know Rat Pack, and doesn’t speak English well enough to guess it’s music related from the context of normal conversation

I can’t believe the writers are trying to pass this off as a retreat to science (HH condescendingly saying some people “don’t get it” – please.)

38. Suncatcher says:

This show had such a RARE and winning chemistry with its lead characters – and support characters also. The writers have totally trashed this, especially this past year.

The writers not only destroyed what Booth & Brennan had but they also seem to have destroyed the trust of the viewers. They are to the fans like Lucy and the football she keep yanking away from Charlie Brown at the last second.

Worse, the writers have also turned Brennan into an emotional idiot! They would have us believe that she is that socially stupid?

Now they turn Booth into “Evil Booth”?

I’ve had enough. Click.

39. Linda says:

I also hate Hannah. LOL And I do not want to see her mourned either. I think she should just realize she can not cope with the B&B partnership and walk out…she knows you can not seperate them. That would be the intelligent way for her departure, but we all know lately intelligence has not been used alot on this show. (Except for the patholgy) I have seen enough eye rolling and tight, smurky grins. Have the writers ran out of dialogue? What happened to the lively banter that was over our heads most of the time and the experiments that always went sideways. I have to watch the reruns to enjoy the program now. I watch the new stuff with one on the TV and the other on the computer. My husband has quit watching completely. He said it isn’t the same show and he doesn’t like it anymore. Short and sweet, but so true. Please somebody get the message before my favorite show is pulled completely off the air. I miss it already.

• 5tree says:

Notice how Hannah is not mentioned even *ONCE* in the video, and yet 90% of the comments here about her?

FOR GOD’S SAKE PEOPLE, STICK TO TALKING ABOUT THE VIDEO!

• > says:

Hannah is so bad, her storyline has left such a stink that fans can barely see/hear/smell through the haze to anything else. If you’re enjoying the show, good for you.

40. Linda DeBoe says:

Maybee…….the sniper will knock off Hannah!!!

• 5tree says:

Unlikely. She’s not in this episode.

• Jessica says:

Yeah, and then we get to watch Booth mourn his “love” (BLAH!!) for who knows how long while the chances of a relationship between Booth & Brennan get slimmer each week [really, who wants Brennan to step over Hannah's dead body (metaphorical!) to snag her mourning boyfriend?]. I don’t think even I could bear to watch that, & I’ve sworn that I will NEVER stop watching however far it falls.

41. 5tree says:

SERIOUSLY, WTF ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT HANNAH WHEN SHE IS NOT EVEN MENTIONED *ONCE* IN THE ABOVE VIDEO? CAN YOU GUYS NOT *STAY ON TOPIC*????

• Huh? says:

Are you the moderator? If not, let everyone else be. Like HH himself, hypersensitivity to criticism doesn’t really help strengthen your position. If people want to gripe, let them. You’re just giving the critics more ammunition that some fans lack critical capacity.

• Rose says:

5tree is just an example of the type of bullying that has started to go on with all of the comment sections for Bones articles. It’s is a shame. If you don’t agree with something ignore it or respond politely why you don’t agree. Either way you do not need to shout at people in polite discourse. Throughout this entire thread the people who have made comments saying why they are unhappy with the show right now have mostly used reasoned arguments. It is the fangirls that will not view anything with objectivity that have negatively affected the boards not the Hannah comments.

42. Sacred Icon says:

Guys, can we PLEASE just keep our comments RELATED TO THE ACTUAL VIDEO’S CONTENT?

• Lizzie says:

I don’t know. I think the amount of discontent spilling over into all Bones articles is itself a commentary on the show. This isn’t some homework assignment: write 50 words in response to article. These are natural responses. Bullying people into a positive mindset is still bullying. I haven’t seen a single comment that tells other people to stop watching. In fact, I check spoilers/reviews to see if I want to come back.

• anonymous says:

You mean the naysayers aren’t telling people to stop watching. The Sunshine Fans are the ones telling others to stop watching. I agree it’s still “bullying.” I think most of the show sucks now but watched out of habit, to prepare for Fringe, and just because I kept thinking it couldn’t get worse. I guess I can quit now.

43. Phyllis says:

I am so tired of people complaining and that they stopped or are going to stop watching the show. If they don’t like it, why are they commenting?

Yes this show can be frustrating and uncomfortable, but I don’t tune in for a sleepy time story, I personally tuned in originally for the science. I am a long time Kathy Reichs fan. I do enjoy watching B&B in all their experiences. My only frustration is that Brennen shows emotional growth in one show and two shows later she has regressed. She is a very smart lady and I expect she truly learns from these experiences…so let her demonstrate her growth.

44. Shannon says:

So very excited for this episode, but a little worried too. Growing up in Maryland, I had to live through the Beltway sniper shootings back in 2002. Very scary time. I’m wondering if the DC sniper shootings will be brought up. Hopefully not because I think all of us in this area just want to put that story behind us. I’m interested to see how this will all play out, especially with Booth, and why Booth said that it is about him.

45. Katherin partida says:

Really? The dark side of BOOTH???

46. anonymous says:

If Booth hunts down Vosloo, helps Vosloo find redemption, and makes him Parker’s godfather, it will STILL be more believable than Hannah interviewing the President then taking Bones out for drinks.

BTW, earlier Bones would have taken threesome suggestions in stride.

• Kristie says:

Earlier Bones probably would have taken the threesome. LOL I have noticed she’s a lot less edgy. But I think that it has a lot to do with the fact that she’s realized her insecurities and her vulnerabilities. That can make you act in very strange ways.

• Lizzie says:

But it wasn’t a strange anomaly.

I dislike the suggestion that Bones’ earlier, edgier values were a phase in her character growth and that as she’s maturing, she’s accepting Booth’s definition of love and relationships. Personally, I find Booth to be idealistic (good) but also narrow minded and conservative. The dynamic was better when they were both challenging each other.

• Lizzie says:

Yeah, the President part had me rolling my eyes too. Again with the hard sell on Hannah.
      My BTW is that earlier Bones already knew tons of cool people from her work (academic and popular writer) so she wouldn’t be all ‘Hannah, you’re just as cool as me, lets be friends.’

47. Vanny says:

Yay for Arnold Vosloo!

48. Kristie says:

Sunshine Fans? Hahahahaha! No, we’re not all “Sunshine” fans. We’re just people who like a show and take it for what it’s worth; a freakin’ tv show. If you don’t like it, the remote is right there. Change the channel. It speaks a whole lot louder than your words.

Course with the dismal Nielson system in place…who the hell really knows, right?

49. Kristie says:

To all those thinking Bones is on the downslide…SOMEONE is still watching and watching pretty faithfully.

DATE ……. Episode #s ……. Viewer #s ……. Demo 18-49

Just for comparison..
      Season 1 – 8.90M
      Season 2 – 9.40M
      Season 3 – 8.90M
      Season 4 – 10.81M
      Season 5 – 10.02M

These numbers with mid-season day/time moves, except for seasons 2 and 5.

• Pho says:

So what? I still think this season sucks and whether or not I continue to watch, watch in parts, or quit, is still up to me. And unless the website changes its policy, I’ll make my comments. I am so tired of the belly-aching about criticisms. If you like the show, don’t read the negative comments.

• Pho says:

Sure, lots of people are watching, but doesn’t this also support the other people’s opinion? The American Idol influence isn’t about Bones, and aside from that, it’s a downward trend. Plus, it still doesn’t prove anything about quality. Forget crazy/impassioned fans, I can’t think of any critical acclaim for this season. Reading spoilers and complaining can be fun, but this is a fun gossipy site, not a fansite, and there’s bound to be negative comments.

• Lizzie says:

Critical acclaim? Do you mean critical fondness maybe?

The show was always about cool sciencey GOO and massive CHARM. It’s what won fans and critics alike and it’s what I’m hoping comes back. But right now, HH and SN are dismissing all criticism as simple-minded shipper prejudice.

But, I think it’s insulting when HH and SN use BS about “organic storytelling” and character growth to deflect criticism (see my previous post on changes in Brennan). As if fans’ lack of understanding is the only problem. I can see Matthew Weiner going this route because he’s earned it, but not Bones with its track record. (Conversely, no one praises Mad Men as a great example of flirty, charming fun on TV, so I am not saying there’s a hierarchy.)

50. Ruth Stroh says:

I’m not sure I like it or not,Will watch & catch more so far no to drastic of a change we’ll see…