Here’s something for Gossip Girl to blog about: Blair Waldorf and Vanessa Abrams are reuniting… in space!
While no details are available yet about Meester’s role, the site reveals that she will share scenes with fellow GG vet Szohr, who plays a new crew member on the U.S.S. Orville. Meester — whose recent TV credits include the one-and-done Fox series Making History and an episode of The Last Man on Earth — next stars in ABC’s fall comedy Single Parents.
The Orville Season 2 launches Sunday, Dec. 30 at 8/7c; Meester’s episode is slated to air early next year.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* The 61st Grammy Awards will air live Sunday, Feb. 10 at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT on CBS.
* Paramount Network will air the original documentary I Am Paul Walker, featuring interviews with the late actor’s family, on Saturday, Aug. 11 at 9 pm.
* Netflix has picked up two series based on the stories of Mark Millar: Jupiter’s Legacy, about the first generation of superheroes, from executive producer Steven S. DeKnight (Marvel’s Daredevil), and the Spanish-English drama American Jesus, about a 12-year-old boy who discovers he’s returned as Jesus Christ.
* The British robot fighting series Robot Wars will premiere stateside on Wednesday, Aug. 8 at 10 pm on Science Channel.
* Amazon has greenlit the eight-episode series Tales from the Loop, based on the sci-fi art of Simon Stålenhag. The drama — written by Nathaniel Halpern (Legion) and executive-produced by Matt Reeves (The Cloverfield Paradox) — explores the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe.
Which of today’s TVLine Items piques your interest?