AnnaLynne McCord wants to “hear your body talk, body talk.”
The former 90210 resident has been tapped to star in the half-hour comedy Let’s Get Physical opposite Mom‘s Matt Jones and Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley), THR.com reports.
Set in the world of competitive aerobics, the modern-day fitness series follows lazy cover-band singer Joe (Jones), who inherits his family’s broken-down gym after his father (aka “The Godfather of Aerobics”) passes away. Diamantopoulos will play Joe’s aerobics and business rival Barry Cross, while McCord will play Claudia, Joe’s ex-girlfriend and Barry’s wife.
Let’s Get Physical is slated to premiere in 2018 on Pop.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Gordon Ramsay (Hell’s Kitchen) has teamed up with ITV to produce the two-part documentary series Gordon on Cocaine, following Ramsay as he sets out to expose the dark and deadly side of the drug, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Timothy Hutton (American Crime) has been cast in a lead role in the Netflix adaptation of The Haunting of Hill House opposite Carla Gugino, Elizabeth Reaser and Michiel Huisman, Deadline reports.
* Turner Classic Movies will air a five-film tribute to Jerry Lewis on Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 4, beginning at 8/7c.
* The Lady Gaga year-in-the-life documentary Gaga: Five Foot Two will premiere on Friday, Sept. 22 on Netflix.
* Netflix will mark the 25th anniversary of the iconic Def Comedy Jam series with a tribute special airing this fall. Press PLAY on the teaser below to check out the long list of comedians performing, including Dave Chappelle, Kevin Hart, Tracy Morgan and Steve Harvey.