The film actor will star in Paramount Network’s sweeping family drama series, written and directed by Oscar nominee Taylor Sheridan (Hell or High Water, Sicario).
Costner — who previously graced the small screen in the History miniseries Hatfields & McCoys — will play John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, an area constantly under attack by its neighbors: land developers, an Indian reservation and America’s first national park.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Jessica Meraz (Chasing Life) has joined Season 6 of Major Crimes in the series-regular role of Det. Camila Paige, whose personal relationship with Lt. Provenza predates her time on the force, our sister site Deadline reports. Meanwhile, Lourdes Benedicto (V) will recur as Sara Garza, a mother and wife trying to maintain her sanity in the face of kidnapping, murder and her husband’s health problems.
Popular on TVLine
* Shark Tank Season 9 will welcome the following “guest sharks” this fall: Real Housewives of New York star Bethenny Frankel, former New York Yankees baseball player Alex Rodriguez, Virgin Group founder Richard Branson, Spanx owner Sara Blakely, and Vitaminwater and Smartwater brand builder Rohan Oza.
* FX’s Trust has cast British actor Harris Dickinson (Silent Witness) as J. Paul Getty III in the limited series about the Getty heir’s kidnapping, per Deadline.
* Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) and Spencer Grammer (Greek) will recur during Season 2 of Epix’s original comedy Graves. Goldberg will portray Margaret Graves’ new campaign manager as she runs for Senate, while Grammer is her communications director, cut from the cloth of Ann Coulter and Kellyanne Conway.
* Bravo has ordered the six-hour scripted event series All That Glitters, exploring the rivalry and friendship between magazine editors Anna Wintour and Tina Brown.