The top-selling female country artist of all time is headed to The Voice.
Shania Twain will lend her musical expertise as a “key adviser” to the Top 12 artists on Monday, April 24, as the NBC competition enters the final live-show phase. Twain has previously guest-mentored performers on American Idol.
As always, Voice finalists start next week will compete for a spot on one of the live shows, where real-time voting will advance artists to the next round, including the chance to work with Twain herself.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….
* Chicago Fire‘s season finale (airing Tuesday, May 16) will have some special guests — Kris Bryant and Jake Arrieta of the 2016 World Series champion Chicago Cubs, plus NBC Sports’ Mike Tirico — when after rescuing a young boy from an accident that torches his baseball card collection, firefighter Hermann offers the lad an experience he won’t forget.
* USA Network’s Shooter has added Josh Stewart (aka JJ’s husband on Criminal Minds) as a series regular for Season 2. Per our sister site Deadline, he will play, an assassin with a connection to Bobby Lee Swagger and his team from Afghanistan.
* Season 2 of OWN’s Queen Sugar will premiere Tuesday, June 20 and Wednesday, June 21.
* The Roots aka the house band for The Tonight Show are developing two children’s programs for Amazon: South Street Sounds, an animated series, will follow three friends who form a band in their neighborhood, plus a second, live-action series.
* The full trailer for Dear White People, Netflix’s 10-episode series based off the 2014 film of the same title, has debuted. The show premieres Friday, April 28; read TVLine’s review.
Which of today’s TVLine Items piqued your interest?