You Nashville fans must’ve been on your best behavior this year, because CMT wrapping up Rayna Jaymes & Co. with a big bow and giving ’em to you early.
The cable network, which picked up the country-music drama after ABC cancelled it in May, has released its first full trailer for the upcoming fifth season. Even better: CMT will air the first half of the two-hour season premiere as a sneak peek on Thursday, Dec. 15, at 9/8c. (As previously reported, the full season premiere will debut on Thursday, Jan. 5, at 9/8c, but y’all might as well set your DVRs now, right?)
As will be the case during the regular season, the sneak-peek first hour will be available to stream on Hulu one day after it airs on the network.
The video above, which is an extended version of the teaser released in November, recaps the end of the drama’s tumultuous fourth season (Maddie emancipated! Scarlett and Gunnar getting fired! Avery turning his back on Juliette!) and then throws us right into the new stuff. Among the highlights:
* Rayna drapes herself over Deacon in bed and says, “I want us to write our story.”
* But later, we see her emphatically warn someone (pleasedon’tletitbeDeacon), “I’m not gonna fall into this trap with you!”
* Maddie inquires about a charismatic guy (played by Legends of Tomorrow‘s Joseph David-Jones) she later winds up kissing.
* Scarlett looks wary during a meeting at the label after Rayna says, “Let’s release another single. Let’s keep the eyes and ears on you.”
* Rayna presides over a video shoot. (Is that Scarlett standing on the table?)
* Kevin appears unhappy while standing in the crowd at one of Will’s shows.
* Re: the previous bullet — maybe that’s because Murray Bartlett’s Jakob Fine is very hands-on while smoothing a new suit coat over Will in another scene?
* Scarlett yells at Gunnar that “singin’ that song makes me wanna slap the living hell out of you!”
* Avery cradles (now-a-toddler!) Cadence to him while looking worried.
* Daphne rocks out.
* Rayna cries in bed, alone.
* Juliette grasps the arms of her seat as her private jet begins to go down.
Per the official release, “The season begins with Rayna and Deacon facing a new normal with Maddie now back home and Highway 65 struggling financially. The shocking news about Juliette creates a wave of emotions throughout Nashville and sets Rayna off on a journey of discovery.” As previously reported, Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomething) will take over as showrunners; star Connie Britton will leave the series after she appears in 10 of the upcoming 22 episodes.
Press PLAY on the video above to watch for yourself, then hit the comments: Are you planning to tune in on Dec. 15?