On the heels of Tuesday’s mind-blowing — not to mention head-rolling — Pretty Little Liars summer finale, executive producer Marlene King spoke with reporters about the final 10 episodes, coming to Freeform in April 2017.
It goes without saying that you should stop reading if you haven’t seen the summer finale. … Ready? OK, here’s what we learned:
* The Season 7B premiere will take place “moments” after the 7A finale.
* “We will find out who Charlotte’s father is, and we will find out how Spencer came to be,” King confirms. She says this particularly storyline originated from Sara Shepard’s books in which Spencer is adopted.
* There will be “more than one wedding” coming up.
* “Paige is not gone for good,” King confirms, “although I did love her riding away on the bicycle. … Having that triangle play out felt very appropriate for us.”
Popular on TVLine
* When Wren returns in Season 7B, his first scene will be with Ezra, per Julian Morris’ request. (He and Ian Harding are best friends in real life.) Wren will also be in “more than one episode.”
* Alison’s pregnancy will affect all of the Liars, “especially Emily.” As for the nature of the pregnancy, King reminds us that “nothing is average on PLL. Everything is spectacular.” (Editor’s note: I’m not ready to give up on my theory that Emily’s eggs are involved.)
* Don’t bank on seeing Melissa in Season 7B. “We’re still hoping to get her into the finale,” King says, though she admits Torrey DeVitto’s schedule with Chicago Med may be too difficult to get around.
* Jenna is “anonymously working for A.D.,” meaning that even she doesn’t know his/her true identity. “A few other people on our show are as well,” King adds.
* As for the recently announced character of Addison, King says the new high-school mean girl is meant to stress the “full circle-ness” of the final season. “Although we may be saying goodbye to our current group of PLLs … the town of Rosewood is its own character.”
Your thoughts on King’s teases for Season 7B? Drop ’em in a comment below.