Prison Break‘s Dominic Purcell remembers very clearly the first time he met co-star and on-screen brother Wentworth Miller.
Miller was was a “private” and “gentle” man, Purcell recalled during Fox’s Action Showcase at San Diego Comic-Con on Sunday, “and the most beautiful-looking man I had ever seen in my life.” He laughed. “And I was like, ‘Hang on, I thought I was the stud on the show.”
Purcell, Miller and co-stars Sarah Wayne Callies and Robert Knepper joined producer Vaun Wilmott on Fox’s Action Showcase panel; they shared the event with 24: Legacy stars Corey Hawkins, Miranda Otto, Jimmy Smits and producers Howard Gordon, Evan Katz and Manny Coto.
Here are the highlights from the Prison Break folks:
* Miller offered an update on his character’s series-centric body art: “Michael has a fresh set of tattoos and they are central to the plot, but they don’t work the same way they did the first time around.”
* When a fan remarked that Michael was dead at the end of the original series, Callies joked, “We’ve all been dead, sweetheart.” (She knows of what she speaks!)
COMIC-CON 2016 Exclusive Videos, Casting News, Scoop and More
* Knepper said that “the catharsis and the epiphanies” that T-Bag has experienced during six years in prison — as well as what Knepper has experienced in his own life — are incorporated into the revival.
* “He has always had a comic-book facet, a superhero facet. He can endure what the next person would not,” Miller said when asked how his Prison Break alter ego would do on The Flash or Legends of Tomorrow. “I don’t think he and Snart would get along, necessarily, because Snart doesn’t get along [with anyone].” Callies added, “I think Sara Tancredi in the zombie apocalypse might not necessarily last too long,” making a nod to her (ultimately doomed) role on The Walking Dead.
* The panel turned serious for a moment when Purcell took an opportunity to thank his co-stars, Fox and the series’ producers — as well as girlfriend AnnaLynne McCord (90210) — for giving him the time and space to heal after a heavy piece of the set fell on him during the revival’s on-location shoot in Morocco. Miller remembered hearing the news of his co-star’s injury: “It was upsetting, of course. The man is my brother, in every way but blood.”
Prison Break is slated to return at midseason.