Aliens, meet Matthew Goode.
Goode will play Red, a man who studies and enters “the Zone,” an area where aliens recently lived, to explore and sell valuable artifacts. Roadside Picnic was one of two pilots orders given by WGN in March, along with an adaptation of DC Comics’ Scalped.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* SundanceTV has renewed the ’80s crime drama Hap and Leonard for Season 2, series star James Purefoy announced on Twitter.
* Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) and Constance Wu (Fresh Off the Boat) will both appear (with, apparently, everyone else) on Hulu’s upcoming sci-fi/fantasy anthology series Dimension 404, playing a military commander and a psychologist.
* E!’s Total Divas spinoff, Total Bellas (which follows WWE divas and sisters Nikki and Brie Bella), will premiere Wednesday, Oct. 5.
* Sex and the City alum Jason Lewis has been promoted to a series regular on the new midseason NBC drama Midnight, Texas, per Deadline.
* USA Network has ordered a pilot for Damnation, a drama that follows a man pretending to be a preacher to launch an uprising in a small town in 1930, per Variety.