Jason Lee is looking to get back in the saddle.
The former My Name Is Earl star has nabbed the lead role in What Goes Around Comes Around, a single-camera comedy pilot at CBS.
The potential series follows two fortysomething parents — Kenny (Lee) and Robin — who were wild and reckless teenagers and now face their worst nightmare: raising three adolescents of their own. In addition to being a husband and father, Lee’s Kenny is the owner of a hip music management company.
Since headlining Earl, Lee has starred in TNT’s Memphis Beat and appeared on Up All Night and Raising Hope.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Disney Channel has renewed the Jessie spinoff Bunk’d and comedy series Best Friends Whenever for second seasons. Production will resume on both shows this spring for premieres later this year.
* The League alumna Katie Aselton has been cast in Legion, FX’s upcoming Marvel pilot. In the potential series — which centers on David Haller (Downton Abbey‘s Dan Stevens), the schizophrenic son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier — Aselton will play Amy, a fellow patient at the mental institution where David is confined, who leads him to believe that the visions he’s experiencing might actually be real, according to Deadline.
* Universal Cable Productions is developing The Von Bülow Affair, a scripted true-crime series based on the infamous trial of British socialite Claus Von Bülow, who was accused of attempted murder of his wife. Based on William Wright’s book of the same name, the project will provide a comprehensive account of the trial and its aftermath during the 1980s.
* Felicia Day’s Geek & Sundry gamer hub is launching two new series: Super Fun Awesome Party Game, which is hosted by Jesse Cox and Jessica Marzipan and offers fresh spins on classic games, debuts March 3, while Signal Boost, which takes stock of five weekly obsessions, bows March 15.
* CBS News announced Tuesday that former GMA/NBC Sports anchor Josh Elliott will join its 24/7 digital streaming news service, CBSN, in March. Elliott will assist with live coverage throughout the week, both as an in-studio anchor and in the field.