Teen Wolf Season 5 Trailer: Scott's Pack Faces Its 'Greatest Enemy Yet'

If Teen Wolf‘s first Season 5 promo rattled your nerves — personally, I haven’t been to a “doctor” since it aired last month — you might want to keep the lights on as you dive into the just-released trailer.

The network on Thursday released the full-length trailer for the show’s upcoming fifth season — premiering in two parts on June 29 and 30 — which includes your first look at Cody Christian’s character. (And am I crazy for thinking that Malia is eye-ing him in the gym?)

Here’s the official description for Teen Wolf’s fifth season, per MTV:

On the eve of Senior Year, Scott and his friends find themselves facing the possibility of a future without each other, a next phase of their lives that might take them in different directions despite their best intentions. Little do they know that outside forces are already plotting to break the pack apart long before they ever see graduation. New villains that use a combination of science and the supernatural for a malevolent and mysterious purpose that will eventually pit Scott and his friends against their greatest enemy yet.

“They’re very scary,” Tyler Posey recently told TVLine of the season’s Big Bads. “When I first read this season, I was so excited about these villains — more excited than I have been about any villains before. They’ve got powers we’ve never seen before, they’re tall as hell and they’re awesome.”

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment below with your thoughts, hopes and fears for Season 5.

1. Ari says:

Still in denial about Derek leaving. I just hope they aren’t going to kill him so there’s a sliver of a chance he might come back someday.

2. MK says:

Oh my gosh this looks incredible! (And I for one hope Malia’s eyeing the new guy in the gym — one step closer to Stiles and Lydia then!) Now off to rewatch this a million times.

3. Bob says:

The plot look like season 4 of Buffy.

4. Ian says:

This trailer isn’t anything different theyve done in the past. I was bored. They introduce super tall monsters and new white pretty boy packmates every season.

5. Álvaro says:

I miss when this show used to be funny, since season 3 it is too serious and it has started to bore me, I don’t know if i’ll be watching this season.

6. Ray says:

That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. Teen Wolf has been off its game since the third season.

7. Jared says:

I really can’t wait for Teen Wolf to return and the Scream series to premiere.

8. Sara says:

Can’t wait!!

9. Weezy says:

I feel like everything changed after Allison was killed, and it’s not because I was some super fan of hers or anything. It just feels like the entire show changed. The way it’s shot, all the ridiculously good looking “teenagers” they keep introducing that can’t act very well and are designed for the teeny bopper “oh he/she is so hot” crowd who judge just about everything in a superfluous and pointless way. I mean the look and the feel of the show isn’t the same. I can’t really figure out exactly what the issue is, but I barely even recognize the show anymore. Seasons 1 and 2 were compelling, character driven stories that included some solid supernatural mythology. Now it just feels like a lazy teenage soap opera that anyone could write. All about shirtless scenes, shipping people, and stupid villains that don’t make much sense. I guess alot of shows fall into this trap. The trap of being so good so early on that you become obsessed with upping the stakes all the time. Unfortunately Teen Wolf doesn’t need “end of the world” stakes to be good. The trailer just makes me think we are going to get further and further away from the show that used to be must watch for me.

• DL says:

The show was pretty much ALWAYS everything you’re describing. It’s just that some seasons have something more substantive underneath, with a strong through-line, whereas other seasons feel like a random mish-mosh of soapy supernatural drama and crazy action. Here’s hoping this season’s mythology is simple and focused–one of the reasons why 3B was the series’s best season (in my opinion).

10. Skittles&Bits says:

As long as Dylan O’Brien’s still here, I guess I am too.

11. Brigid says:

Looks creepy! I love the dark and twisty shows with some humor thrown in here and there so I’m looking farward to it. With what these kids have been through, don’t you expect that their lives would become darker? It’s death and destruction, that would change everyone.

12. Angus says:

Bring Crystal Reed back it’s not the same without her.

13. MTB says:

It’s just funny to me. Scott is suppose to be the Alpha but he always gets his butt kicked. The writers make him look stupid all the time.

• Jordan.C says:

I Agree, they need to make this back about the alpha’s and pack members like the show is named “Teen Wolf” come on Jeff. i hope this season scott can actually kick some serious but and show off the “True Alpha” status because i would love to see that, he kicked was a better Werewolf in season 2 and 3 as a beta taking on Derek’s and Deucalion’s Pack

14. colten says:

I think that you should keep stiles and Malia together they are the perfect couple I just think it would be really messed up to break them up.

15. Vanja says:

Okay so after being disappointed from season 4 I hope season 5 will be much better. Allison Dead screwed everything up. It is weird without her and I am still not used to the new characters. And Derek leaving was a huge disappointment too.

16. Yusuf awwal says:

THE NEW VILLAIN ARE TOO UNUSUAL

17. Yusuf awwal says:

Tyler hoechilin should rather be a recurring or round artist