Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finale: A Monster Mash, Coulson's Loss, Gobbley Goo and 17 More OMG Moments

Agents of SHIELD Finale Coulson Loses Hand

Yikes. That second bonus scene was a doozy.

ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. wrapped its sophomore run on Tuesday night with a two-hour finale that pitted agents against Inhumans, added at least four (!) deaths to TVLine’s May Sweeps Scorecard, planted a seed for a future Marvel movie and, in that final, shocking sequence, had some alien goo gobble up one of our favorites.

But just think of the stories that Simmons and Emma Swan could one day share…!

Because so much happened that any standard-issue human would be hard-pressed to do it justice in one page, here is a round-up of the most memorable moments:

STUDENT VS. MASTER | With the Afterlifers “under attack” from a Quinjet, escalating tensions tee up a Donnybrook between May and her onetime padawan, Skye.

MONSTER MASH | Hopped up on a proprietary blend of gorilla testosterone, amphetamines and peppermint oil, Cal’s inner Mr. Hyde is nudged out of hiding by an adrenaline injection.

DON’T RAINA ON MY PARADE | Raina makes Jiaying prickly, by threatening to reveal the Afterlife overlord for who she really is. Except, Raina, you won’t — because Jiaying just rammed a knife into your throat (and as an aghast Skye looked on!).

YOU GOT ME IN CHAINS | …but not for long, Bobbi reveals, withstanding Ward’s torture tactics long enough to wrest herself free from shackles and gain the upper hand on her captor. Alas, one kickass melee later, Mockingbird is down for the count, her leg mercilessly stomped on for bad measure.

CAN WE TALK? | When Simmons Agents of SHIELD Finale Simmons Deadsuggests that she and Fitz finally discuss what he said to her “at the bottom of the ocean” a full season ago, he defers, saying there’s nothing to talk about. But maybe there is, she hints…. Hey, this might end well!

BOBBI-TRAPPED | When Ward sets a trap that will blow the brains out of the first person who comes to save her, Bobbi uses every bit of her might to thrust herself in front of the gun barrel, just as Hunter breaches the door. Luckily, the bullet wounds she sustains are grave but not lethal. (After all, she had a spinoff to almost be a part of!) That said, Bobbi seems ready to hang up her neoprene.

GINGERS SNAPPED | A redheaded “multiplier” leads the Inhumans’ infiltration of the S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier — until Lincoln defies his kind and zaps the original ginger to shut them all down.

‘LIVE BY THE SWORD…’ | Agent 33 engages in one act of impersonation too many, when she sports May’s face during S.H.I.E.L.D’s mission to rescue Bobbi, only to get shot to death by an unwitting, trigger-happy Ward. (Aside: Do we really think Ward would have killed May in so ham-handed a way? Wouldn’t you have expected something more specific?)

‘I’M THE GUY WHO KILLS GORDON’ | Except that when all is said and done (and though Mack got in some whacks), it’s Fitz, of all people, who winds up with the teleporter impaled on his steel pipe.

PUT ME IN, COACH | Coulson may have bragged of his Little League batting prowess, but it’s his fielding skills that save the day, when he makes a diving, Risky Business-caliber catch of the Terrigen crystal dropped by dying Gordon. Alas, Phil will have to wear any Golden Glove on his other mitt, since Mack thinks fast to axe off the boss man’s Diviner-infected hand.

A KISS BEFORE JIAYING | Intervening on a mother/daughter battle of wills, Cal commits mariticide, ending his wife’s troubled, troubled life and saving Daisy the guilt.

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES | Heading back into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody, Cal bids his Daisy a sad adieu, but she avows to pay him visits. And she in fact does — though the kindly Dr. Winslow she trades pleasantriesAgents of SHIELD Finale Ward Leads Hydra with has no memory of their past/connection, thanks to the T.A.H.I.T.I. program.

HYDRA GROWS A NEW HEAD | And it’s a traditionally handsome one, attached to Grant Ward. Yea…?

MAY DAZE | In the wake of this latest near-cataclysm, May decides to take leave from S.H.I.E.L.D. (packing up locker No. 33, heh) and get away with ex-hubby Andrew (with a string bikini and a smile included!).

SPECIAL TEAM | Andrew clears Skye to help spearhead a new secret project of Coulson’s — a special “team” populated by enhanced people.

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY I WON’T TAKE OMEGA-3 CAPSULES. I FEEL TOTALLY VALIDATED NOW. (SORRY, TRAINER!) | In the closing scene, we see that the crateful of homegrown Terrigen crystals that Skye “quaked” into the ocean are now dissolving into the water, tainting sea life and thus making their way into fish oil supplements. (“Health Benefits That Will Change Your Life,” indeed.) Is this how Marvel is populating the November 2018 July 2019 Inhumans movie?

SAVE THAT DATE | Picking up on Simmons’ flirty cue from earlier, Fitz (in his own, roundabout manner) suggests that maybe they get together for dinner later, somewhere… “nice.” But while he’s off Yelping restaurants, Simmons checks the latch on the Kree stone they have in safekeeping — just as the alien artifact gelatinizes, splashes out into the room and… well… sucks the scientist into its re-petrified self. Whaaaaat?!

What was your favorite part of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 finale?

1. TVPeong says:

Whoa!!! That ending though. I knew that something was going to happen, but I wasn’t prepared for that.
    Yay Mack for being quick on the draw and saving Coulson’s life.
    I hope Raina comes back next season.
    You think Lincoln will become part of the team?
    May gets her happy ending

• Jimmy says:

Well, it looks like Raina was pretty much dead. Besides, the actress who plays her has been cast in AMC’s Preacher series.

• Carolina Girl says:

Rain a was definitely dead but I am hoping Lincoln will become part of the new team.

• Sheila says:

Raina knew she was going to die. She said her purpose was to help Skye. Raina was brave and helped Skye see that her mom was bad juju. RIP Raina. However, I don’t know if Raina has any other powers. My excitement over this episode hasn’t worn off yet.

• awesomen says:

did simmons die???????!!!!!!!!!!!

• jessica says:

I highly doubt it like COME ON! i don’t think they would kill of simmons, one of the main characters off so quick, it just wouldn’t make sense! expecially with simmons new found feelings for fitz!!!

2. Kelly says:

You can’t dangle a possible FitzSimmons romance and then rip it away!!

• Tom says:

You’re not familiar with Joss Whedon at all are you?

• Mo says:

Seriously! I still cry every time I see Wash die lol.

• Steavy says:

Have you seen the picture of Wash sitting in the ship and it says “A leaf only falls once”? Oh man…

• Joss Whedon’s involvement is in name only after the pilot. I hope Jed and Maurissa write more scripts next season, though. The show is much more entertaining when they have good writers who can do jokes.

• Alan Wise says:

Joss wrote the finale.

• A says:

The line from Coulson about wanting to provide the rest of SHIELD with a bit “more than an encouraging thumbs-up.” Still giggling.

• Beth says:

have to say I enjoyed watching this! Lincoln is confirmed to be a season regular next series so I think he will be by Skye/Daisy side helping her with her powered team. I think they will have their work cut out seeing as the Cystrals ended up in the water, I think they have a plan for this though. I’m glad that May was taking some time away from from SHIELD. I hope Simmons is okay! I also can’t believe Ward becoming the head of HYDRA

• Jesse says:

Joss also mentions he reads and approves every script, making changes and notes and adding jokes here and there. Producer stuff.

• M says:

Joss Whedon doesn’t like AOS because of Coulson, yet his brother is an EP with the show. I couldn’t carless what Joss thinks of AOS because he wanted it to fail from the get go because “They ruined my death of Coulson”, oh boo hoo; Coulson was just too great a character to throw away the way you threw him away.

• Jesse says:

I think you misread his interview. Joss created Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., wrote and directed the pilot, and is involved in the writing process of each individual episode. Of course he doesn’t hate the show. He even intended to showrun it before Feige pulled him into Avengers 2.

In the interview you appear to be referencing, he said that the OTHER movie guys were weary of the show because they didn’t know how to address Coulson’s resurrection. The simple work-around? Don’t address it. The show has it’s own stories that have no reason to intersect with the movies – and his death meant something to the Avengers, so reintroducing him in the movies (especially so immediately after) would entirely cheapen the effect and entire reason they got together as a team.

• All I have to say: Fred and Wesley.

That STILL hurts.

• Sheila says:

Yup. For me, it was the Angel ep where Buffy came to visit and they had their moment in the sun. I miss Doyle too. Don’t get me started.

• Sheila says:

Also, I’d just like to say that the way May set up 33 and Ward was downright Shakespearian and I LOVED it so much! If those two weren’t such evil jerks, things would not have gone down like that. But, alas, 33 had to be 33 and Ward had to do Ward things. Ha! Good riddance to that coupledom.

• Eli Williams says:

it’s funny because after that scene i’m pretty sure they’re going the Illyria route with Simmons.

• Olivia says:

Maybe not the Illyria route per se but I’m glad someone else thought about it! I can see a darker, enhanced Simmons being transformed in some way (although not hijacked à la Illyria) but the character coming to mind instantly for me is Willow. From naive brainiac sidekick to a powerful badass. I would personally love that.

• Jason says:

and let’s not forget Gordon saying how the Kree stone is dangerous to Inhumans. When Simmons get out, who’s willing to be that she will become dangerous to Skye as well?

• safistikaytdlayd says:

Oh you bring back such memories!!! Fred and Wesley Angel and Buffy, Doyle, Xander and Anya(twisted but good together!). I hope someone puts Fitz and Simmons back together again!!!

• JenJ says:

And Angel and anybody. Everytime I got to liking his mate, totally destroyed. No happy endings in Whedon-World.

• Jose says:

Wesley and Fred taught me never to trust JW

• irishrose4583 says:

Having some serious Angel flashbacks with Fred and Westley right now…..Whedons!!;)

• Sandi Hunt says:

Thanks Kelly! I 100% agree. That was NOT Ok!!!

• jessica says:

That would literally tear out the hearts of millions!!

3. Brenna says:

FitzSimmons!!!! Why must they do this?!?! Hope it’s a good payoff

4. laurelnev says:

OMFG! That was better than a Marvel Movie! Fantastic 2 hours, and I was glad for commercials, as with all those adrenaline rushes, it gave me a chance for a bathroom break! Did that REALLY just end w/ the alien goo eating Simmons? Fitz, we need your science now, Beyotch. And I’m thinking Bobbi might be headed for Tahiti after her ordeal. Bet Coulson comes back with a Mike Peterson hand next season. Quick thinking, Mack! I would have thought that the Tahitti Protocol might have made Coulson immune to the mists, but I guess not. And Jaiying? This show is getting REAL good at throwing us ringers who turn out to be superbaddies. RIP Raina. Glad you had a chance for reform before you went out. Bitch tried to kill her own daughter! That scene w/ Cal. Jaiying, and Skye…heartbreaking. This was such a good episode. I could go on forever! Can’t believe we have to wait until FALL for more!

• Joe Sanchez says:

you said: would have thought that the Tahitti Protocol might have made Coulson immune to the mists, but I guess not.

turning into stone is part of the terrigen crystal process. Raina And sky and tripp turned into stone, but only Raina and SKye emerged from the stone shell with powers.

Mac cut Coulson’s arm beforer the crystal can finish.

• RDM says:

No Bobbi is supposed to becoming Mockingbird she is a future avenger so no if she does quit it will only be for a little while we have not see the last of her.

• LokiRose says:

Did anyone else feel like Bobbi deserved a little of what she got? She did sacrifice Agent 33 to horrible torture, and she betrayed the entire Coulson shield team. She is not as bad as Ward, by any stretch, but still she should get some consequences for her bad actions. She is far from perfect.

• really? she had to make a call, sacrifice one vs dozens. and Yes, the betraying Coulson team sucked very much, but you can see she changes her mind, and stands up for Coulson being better than Gonzales and other minions. She recognizes that Coulson saved the day in Avengers 2 with Theta Protocol. She was confused by all the Hydra stuff, but was humble enough to recognized that she made a mistake. Mack was not very humble. But he is back in the team anyway. Grand Ward is sick, and he made 33 sick as well, that is it. They are both psychopaths, and 33 paid the price. Jemma was right, Ward had to be killed. He is completely insane. Give Bobbi a break, two psychopaths who don’t know what serving Shield is about just gave her a terrible day. Military/Shield whatever is about making sacrifices for the greater good, there no “I expect others to die to save myself.

• laurelnev says:

Yeah…I guess it was on another board that I commented I’ve completely forgiven Bobbi and Mack after last night’s ep.

• laurelnev says:

Ummm…do you not know what “going to Tahiti” means in the world of shield? It’s how Coulson and Skye are alive, as wel as why Cal is now a vet. Bobby had quite a few broken bones, and might benefit from some artifical help. Going to Tahiti is HOW someone that broken could recover quickly w/ o permanent damage. I think you need to go back and reread my comment, google the Tahiti protocol…

• Karen says:

It had me tearing up, and Skye is not my favorite character, though I am liking her better after this episode. Also when she saw “Dr. Winslow”.

5. Tom says:

We don’t know she’s dead. Anything could happen. Please don’t let her be dead

• laurelnev says:

I’m hoping it will spit her back out as a powered person at one point. Considering how anti-powered Simmons became this season, it would be totally Whedonesque for her to become what she used to fear. Hoping this will be Simmons’ “personal struggle” next season. (But guessing it won’t happen in the 1st couple of eps…maybe before the 1st hiatus.)

• Steavy says:

Look up how the character Moonstone gets her powers.

• laurelnev says:

Actually, I’m enjoying the ride MORE not knowing all the comic lore. :) But my guess is you’re hinting I may be on to something…

• topoopon says:

Actually if the stone was created by the Kree to destroy the Inhumans, then perhaps it saw Simmons as an ally and will use her as a weapon to do just that.

• Lisa says:

Which means, perhaps it was no mistake that Fitz knocked it open, and probably not really his doing, but just what made it noticeable.

• beth says:

Does this mean that there is a chance that Simmons could become a powered person? I am not really up on the Marvel universe so not as up on the characters, it gets slighly confusing for me. I have to agree though this could be a huge thing for her seeing as she has been so against powered peope this season, I hope she manages to sort out whatever has happened to her this season, she has been so dark and so unlike the Simmons from season 1! I look forward to seeing how series 3 turns out

• Steven says:

They renewed her contract for another season. Which means when she comes out from the stone she will become dangerous to sky and the inhumans. Possible last season for her :/

6. laurelnev says:

Oh and May! Hooray to her taking a much needed vacation. Her fight with Skye and their epic reconciliation helped to bring out her softer side. That and Andrew. (And let’s face it: Blair Underwood can bring the soft side out in most women.)

• arial2 says:

But she did go back to her locker for her gun. Vacation, yes, but she knows SHIELD (and Ward) might require her immediate attention anytime.

• safistikaytdlayd says:

Andrew(Blair Underwood is ALWAYS EASY ON THE EYES!!!) LOL!!!

7. Dj says:

Really great episode so much happened. Coulson has his own Secret Warriors. So much death and that cliffhanger wow.

8. Ajale says:

The ending killed me. They better bring Simmons back. And wasn’t it Fitz who accidently opened the door to the container taking Simmons? Why does Marvel insist on making me love the next few months in pain as I wait for the next season?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yeah, I’m afraid Fitz bumped the latch when he leaned against the case. Sad.

• Tom says:

Doesn’t mean she’s dead.

• safistikaytdlayd says:

OH!!! THAT’S HOW IT WAS OPENED!!! Thank you for the information!!! I must’ve missed that! I’m going to have to re-watch that!!! Glad I still have it on my DVR!!!

• Boogie says:

Fitz did bump into the case, but I doubt its that easy to accidentally open a high risk containment cell, they’d surly have a more secure lock. I doubt it unlocking was an accident. I am, however, thinking that when it spits her out she will have been given he power to take down inhumans. The whole season they’ve been constantly saying that the stone is a weapon that can potentialy be lethal to inhumans, and was in fact made by the kree to kill inhumans.

9. lariet50 says:

Okay, first: “it’s Fitz, of all people, who winds up with the teleporter impaled on his steel pipe.” That is SO DIRTY!!!! Hahaha.

That episode was better that “Age of Ultron”! Does anyone know if there’s comic book canon to explain what happened to Simmons? And people on Twitter are all wigging about the blue folder, but I didn’t notice anything significant – did I miss it?

• Steavy says:

I think maybe this is how they’re going to create the character Moonstone. She is a character with crazy strong powers that she gets from a kree stone bonding with her nervous system. Of course, in the comics it happened in a different way, but they changed a lot of the origin/creation stories for these characters.

• Dj says:

It said caterpillars on it. Which in the comics was a super power secret group that Nick Fury called Secret Warriors.

10. James says:

Inhumans is 2019 now, right?

11. rackelgrud says:

Amazing…just great. I did not expect the ending…well until you heard fitz undo the latch, really looking forward to seeing what happens with simmons!

12. Ben R. says:

Kyle Maclachlan was great to watch all season, much kudos, but that transformation to Mr. Hyde that was teased since last year was just sad. If AOS is going to going to use these characters then use them, don’t shy away.

13. Jimmy says:

This was one kick-a$$ season finale with the possible exception of Coulson’s Dr. Phil moment with Cal! I’ll give Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. this: they know how to write strong women.

14. Steavy says:

So, the kree stone, anyone else think it’s going to bond with Jemma’s nervous system, and create the character ‘Moonstone’? It wouldn’t be the first time they changed a characters creation story.

• James says:

Moonstone is a bad guy

• Dj says:

Plus marvel might want to save her for the Captain Marvel movie.

• Steavy says:

It’s a kree stone. Also, Moonstone becomes good and actually has a relationship with Hawkeye. Obviously not going to happen in this series, but it’s the only way I can see that she would survive. The kree stone was created to destroy the inhumans, and Jemma had some pretty strong views about them. Maybe the stone picked up on that.

15. Skittles&Bits says:

This was an amazing finale, season or series. (Has the show been renewed?) I literally screamed, ‘YES’ when Bobbi got one up on Ward. She took on him and his psycho girlfriday–yikes, good riddance to her. I was expecting him to be relieved when she died; the fact that he seems so distraught makes me think he might’ve actually…”loved” her? In his own twisted, Ward-like way. Skye and Bobbi were the standouts this episode. That scene where Skye pushed off one of the jets gave me chills. I remember when I couldn’t get through one scene with her in S1; now she’s really grounding the show. Her arc with her parents broke my heart. Jiaying is the kind of villain I enjoy watching. Her entire character was so compelling that I’m quite sad to see her go. Can’t say the same for Raina but something tells me, that porcupine isn’t dead yet. She’s played possum before. That scene with Simmons terrified me.

• laurelnev says:

Yes! They announced renewals for both SHIELD and Agent Carter, but passed on the Bobbi/Hunter spinoff. Yay!

• bbradley says:

Can’t be surprised that it’s renewed. Marvel is just the juggernaut running downhill. No stopping it at this point

• MelindaB says:

Yes, it’s been renewed. Thank goodness, after that finale.

Really? This scary alien tech was in a case without any kind of lock? This had better not be another season-long roadblock in the story of FitzSimmons.

16. zach says:

Does Simmons transform into something else unstoppable, or is she gone forever?… Or both?…

17. Rose says:

they just did a wesley/fred on fitzsimmons!

18. diane says:

Now that was a season finale!

19. Stephanie says:

I was really hoping that the “inhuman” part of Could in was going to show itself when he was either exposed to the crystals or when He caught it. That would have been a cool story line to use. Love this show!

20. Carolina Girl says:

Not just awesome. FREAKING AWESOME!

• safistikaytdlayd says:

AGREED!!! I know this show started off kind of slow in season one, but I’m glad I didn’t stop watching it!!! This show just keeps on getting better and better!!!

21. seawing says:

i wasn’t a fan of Simmons this season. So, if she is gone….she’s gone.

22. Tom richards says:

Please make simmons live. Shes a great part of the show

23. DarkWings says:

If they really killed of Simmons and kept Grant alive, I’m done with this show.

• laurelnev says:

The actress is still on contract, and the writers say she’ll be in S3, so I think it’s a safe assumption that Simmons will live on. But that twist blew me away!

• Mark says:

you really think they’d kill off one of regular cast in that way?c’mon,be real…she’ll be back,probably with some freakin’ superpowers

24. Mejia says:

Thanks for the spoilers. I googled agents of shield to see if the season finale was on tonight and one of the first hits was this site that spoiled the episode. I didnt even have to click on the link for the spoiler. Come on.

• McGee says:

Well, whose dumb fault was that?

• Cyndi says:

I don’t think it’s a spoiler because I don’t believe she’s dead. But I wouldn’t have chosen that article title for the URL for the recap. Poor form!

• arial2 says:

There were no spoilers in the title. But the site did note it was a recap. I’ve learned from similar past mistakes to be really, really careful about which sites I visit. FYI, tvguide.com has a separate section that is just tv listings, so just go there if you’re not sure when or if a show is on, but want nothing more than a vague description of the episode’s theme.

25. Alichat says:

Ok. That is so wrong. The ending made me gasp. I never gasp. Why? Because I can usually see things coming. May calls the ex, I think ‘she’s going to die.’ And she did….in a way. (RIP Agent 33, you complete lunatic!) Bobbi is tied up and Hunter is coming for her. I think, neither will die. They were supposed to have a spin-off. Jemma wants to profess to Fitz that she cares for him….my first thought was ‘Fitz will die.’ And I thought I was right, until we saw ‘No Eyes’ was impaled instead. Then I thought ‘nice little red herring there Whedons.’ Then we see Fitz ask Jemma on a date, and he stumbles,and I think ‘oh how cute.’ Then she’s snatched. And that is so wrong. Why? BECAUSE WHY WOULDN’T YOU HAVE THE WORLD’S STRONGEST PADLOCK ON THE CASE HOLDING THE WEIRD ALIEN GOO MONOLITH???? I’m sorry. As great as that finale was, the ending was just lame. Mack makes a statement that they won’t open that thing for a 1,000 years. It’s supposed to be locked tight in that big glass box to hold the random liquefication, but somehow Fitz brushes it with his hand and suddenly the door is unlocked and open? That just could have been done better.

• Alichat says:

I forgot to add……Ward…..why aren’t we done with him yet? Hasn’t his character run its course yet? I don’t buy that he gave a crap about Agent 33……especially not enough to try to become the head of Hydra.

• arial2 says:

I would think the unlocking may have happened during all the action with the inhumans around the cage. The lock was probably broken then, but no one noticed. (how stupid is that: let’s not check that everything is secure here before we go back to acting all normal).

26. BKerby says:

Captain Marvel is a female who gets her powers from the Kree. They have not posted who is playing her. I guess we now can figure it is Elizabeth Henstridge AKA Jemma Simmons.

• Tom says:

I would be ok with this

• Dj says:

As much as I like Elizabeth Henstridge I doubt marvel would build a movie around her.

• leo21 says:

Maybe they would. I think she would translate well to the big screen. People seem to think that the role has been cast but the actress is being kept secret.

• Dj says:

If it was an ensemble movie maybe, but a female lead superhero movie where she would be the feature character. There is no way marvel would risk putting her in that role when they can get someone like Emily Blunt who they have been after for years.

• James says:

Oh please

27. Kate says:

I’m…..not ok with the way that ended. Oh the feels!!!

28. Jesus! How many non-white characters did this show kill off? Jeez! And Grant Ward is still alive, which means Brett Dalton will torture me with more second-rate impersonations of Julian McMahon in Season Three.

Uh . . . TVPeong, Raina is dead.

29. Para says:

I love the line with “its science bitch”

• John says:

Coming from Fitz, that statement was so unexpected I burst out laughing so hard I missed the next two lines.

30. amint says:

Bobbi does get super soldier serum in the comics…

31. KreeKree says:

Season 3 better get here quick. I need closure on what the hell is happening now. lulz. Maybe the comics have some answers…

32. Ray says:

I thought for about three seconds that, with all that GH325 in his blood, that Coulson’s arm would regenerate. Geez, I flinched so hard when Mack brought at axe down!

And that ending! Dang it, is it fall yet? I was so not expecting that. Of course, there was so much about that season finale that I wasn’t expecting! I need a serious re-watch to make sure I caught it all.

Oh, I was a bit disappointed that Ward wasn’t killed. *sigh*

• arial2 says:

I was wondering about regeneration, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if that does happen, either slowly over time, or that Coulson is keeping that secret until all the repercussions have played out.

33. Joey Padron says:

great season finale. sad and surprising what happened to Simmons at end. just when she & Fitz romance just was going to start. glad Hunter & Bobbi are good. glad to see May smile. hope Lincoln joins the team. I wonder if Coulson will get a new hand in next season. glad Mack is staying in Shield. Ward is gonna be trouble for them now he’s rebuilding Hydra.

• RDM says:

Dr List is still alive out there somewhere though he is just hiding right now after Strucker was killed. He will probably be back to fight for control from Ward.

34. A Fan says:

Great finale. Can’t wait till next season. And Agent Carter got renewed too. Awesome. Thanks Joss and ABC.

35. James D says:

Holly Crap! that was amazeballs. my jaw literally dropped when Gemma got sucked up, that never happens to me but AOS managed to do it. so many epic moments i couldn’t even comment on all of them but I will say I’m happy they didn’t kill off Ward as much as he deserves it Brett is too good and Ward is such an interesting character now that it would hurt the show i think if he was killed, him starting Hydra back up is just icing on the cake that plus the craziness of the Tarigan Mist being released through Fish Oil (that made me chuckle) Season 3 is bound to be pretty epic more so with what happened with Gemma. If I’m honest a part of me enjoyed that a lot more the Age of Ultron. BTW brownie points to you Matt the Swan and Simmons gag made me laugh pretty hard.

36. basedcookie says:

Nooo! Just as Fitz and Simmons were about to get together… oh well. Still an excellent episode. :)

37. John Jacob says:

I can’t be the only one who finds this CONSTANT Ward flip-flopping AS OLD AS CAN BE. It has gotten to the point where it is truly annoying. Every time I see him appear on screen I roll my eyes and can’t wait for it to be over.

• Ellis says:

Agreed. Ward is by far the weakest and most nonessential member of this cast. He needs to be written off.

• Avengethis says:

Is there not a possibility that Ward could be Taskmaster? The story line is not exact but Ward is one of the best fights around and there have been multiple times in the series where it showed him performing acts he had seen others do. The flipping back and fourth between sides also matches that of Taskmaster. Just an idea.

38. Catie says:

I was really happy and teared up when Cal did the right thing. Just saying. This was a great two hours of tv and proof positive that this show deserves another season!

39. RedReddington says:

This episode was amazing. That was the fastest two hours of my life. I think I liked it just as much or more than Age of Ultron, and that’s saying something because I loved AOU. Is it September yet??

40. Peter Parker says:

The stone i think could be Venom? its like a 3/10 chance but i guess it wouldnt make any sense why it would consume simmons. If its true Fitz might be the new spider … (my battery died sorry). But heres to hoping that its not cause it wouldnt make any sense. Please Please get a god damn avenger on the show. They talked about how Jeremy Renner shot something very secret. WTF was that for? For god sake bring in an Avenger to the show! Also agent carter, whats there to see about Agent Carter?

• HULKY BLUE says:

Do you feel okay?

• RDM says:

The formation of Shield and how it protected people back then without the amazing tech? The first season it was still the SSR where she was not treated with much respect, she will then go off on her own and convert SSR to Shield.

41. Emily says:

The are literally no words to describe how epic it was.

42. sam says:

The comment at the bottom about the capsules being in the sea and is this how there populating there film I highly doubt it as there are already inhuman characters such as blackbolt which are ripe for the picking and could be made a good film of so I highly doubt this I hate sights that are all speculation and no fact there are already plenty of inhuman characters people just need to brush up on there marvel knowledge “THIS IS PRECISELY WHY I WON’T TAKE OMEGA-3 CAPSULES. I FEEL TOTALLY VALIDATED NOW. (SORRY, TRAINER!) | In the closing scene, we see that the crateful of homegrown Terrigen crystals that Skye “quaked” into the ocean are now dissolving into the water, tainting sea life and thus making their way into fish oil supplements. (“Health Benefits That Will Change Your Life,” indeed.) Is this how Marvel is populating the November 2018 July 2019 Inhumans movie?”

• Olivia says:

Punctuation. You should try it.

• KatsMom says:

Wow, I think you took that one comment a little too seriously. Why is it so inconceivable to think that Marvel would introduce a couple characters to us on the show before they make the leap into the movies? Do you really think that a major character like Quake isn’t going to eventually pop up in the movies? I read that comment as simply asking if we’re going to see some of those iconic Inhuman characters transformations on the show before they appear in the movie. I didn’t see it as Matt suggesting that they needed to create a whole bunch of new characters out of thin air in order to have the movie in the first place.

43. sladewilson says:

Switching out Fury for Coulson, can anyone say “Secret Avengers”? I’m happy for May – I hope they make it work. A content May with Andrew on board for Psych Evals could prove to be interesting esp. if they put Andrew in physical danger and May has to save him. Think Deathlok might help Coulson build a new arm? I love how Mack called Syke “Tremors”… LOL!!! I hope Lincoln joins the squad. Cool Mr. Hyde moment – they did it right. Now I really want a AoS/Daredevil crossover. Oh and they better not mess with Simmons!!!!!

44. ___ says:

Great episode. I was disappointed with how Mister Hyde looked. Fantastic episode. Saw the ending. Hate this episode.

• The Kaibosh says:

I agree. Mr Hyde was a huge letdown. Lou Ferrigno throwing cardboard boxes in the 70’s did a better job of showing rage and super strength.

45. aaronN says:

Why Ward still there?? Please have a different villain next season and let him go. He is more annoying than ever.

• Anna says:

I think so, too. I don’t even know what his motivations are anymore. It’s very stressful.

• Dj says:

As much as I want to see Ward dead this is why I like his character. He’s the wild card that could help them or kill them and really it’s whatever best suits his agenda at the time. It makes where he can be a great bad guy, but at the same time let him do a heroic act.

46. The Kaibosh says:

I think Simmons might be gone forever. What comes out will look like Simmons but it will have a different consciousness like Illyria on Angel.

47. mike says:

Since I don’t watch live tv anymore, I started this when I woke up early before work. Had to leave as Linc was talking to Gordo. Seems like a lot of stuff happened in the last 30 minutes or so.

Was really worried about Bobbi. Figured since the spin off was axed, perhaps one of them wasn’t going to make it. Spin off didn’t sound like it was a good idea anyway, but even so.

48. Sara says:

I think I’m becoming a total softie because the last seen with Simmons really disturbed me. I don’t know. Is she dead, or is she trapped inside whatever that is (I totally forget it’s purpose)

49. Anna says:

Soooo poor Coulson’s gonna get a new hand, right? Luke-Skyewalker-style? I’m sure SHIELD got the tech. Right?

50. OH GEMMA! Not what I expected at all. Poor Fitz, he might never get his happy ending.