'Revenge' Finale Week

Revenge Series Finale Promo Teases Jack's Grim Fate, Amanda's Last Shot

The final twists on Sunday’s Revenge — both deadly and apparently-not-dead-ly — left fans slack-jawed, but judging by ABC’s promo for the series finale, they might want to save some of that disbelief for next weekend.

We’d expect nothing less than insanity from this show’s final hour (Sunday, 10/9c), so we’re pretty pleased with what we see, even if it looks like a few of our favorite Revenge-rs could end up in dire straits.

Let’s break this puppy down moment-by-WTF-moment, shall we?

0:03 — Ooh, pilot flashback! These ladies have not aged.
0:06 — Amanda pointing a gun at Victoria isn’t surprising, but the tears in her eyes concern me. What does Vicky do to her this time?
0:10 — Is that Louise stabbing Nolan in the hand?!
0:11 — Sexy time for #Jamanda, at last!
0:12 — Wait… why is Jack in the hospital? (Follow-up: Why does it look like Amanda’s kissing him *gulp* goodbye?)
0:14 — Ah, Amanda on the floor in a pool of blood; I figured they’d trick us into thinking she’s dying, but she can’t really die… right?
0:17 — Lastly, how surreal is it seeing the words “series finale” atop the Revenge logo? I mean, we all knew this was coming, but it’s still crazy to see it.

Hit PLAY on the Revenge finale promo above, then drop a comment with your theories below: Will the series end with Amanda’s death?

1. Josh says:

I will cry and rage with anger if Jack dies. The only ones who deserve to die are Victoria Margeux and The Courtney love Character. Also Mason Treadwell

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m with you on the Jack front. If anyone in this whole mess deserves happiness it’s him. This whole “revenge” plot has handed him enough grief and OMG poor Carl. I don’t even want to think about it.

• Alichat says:

You will not be alone in your anger. If they kill of Jack, I’m going to be pissed.

• Alichat says:

I forgot to add that the last line in the promo “when everything you love has been stolen from you, someone has to pay” doesn’t give me any confidence that Jack survives all of this.

• AddieM says:

I have a feeling 1 beloved and 1 ‘hated’ character will die in the finale…I’m thinking Jack/Nolan and Victoria.. those are the two graves

• wingsstef says:

Mason can live because I love his snarky self. But yeah, seriously if they kill Jack..oy sucky, sucky sucky. David is probably one of the death, but then again maybe there are more than two deaths.

• That person that killed Ben is amandas mom

• Cheyenne says:

No it’s not. I forget what actress played her mom previously, it wasn’t Courtney Love

• Isabelle says:

WHAT? How is it Amanda’s mom?? I was really confused why they brought that women in all of a sudden to kill Ben. I don’t understand what her part really was?

• Jamie says:

She was White Gold played by Courtney Love. She was originally hired by Margeaux and then that’s who Margeaux called at the police station after talking to Louise. She had already hired her, so guess she figured might as well use her and probably was afraid they would find something in the hoodie leading them back to her.

2. Winnie says:

Though it will likely have things to absorb and perhaps dissect later, I’m going into this last “hour” of Revenge ready to enjoy myself.

3. If Emily rides off into the sunset with Jack or gets some kind of entirely happy ending, I will feel as though I have wasted 4 years. The first ever episode began with the Confucius quote and I really hope they see this through. One grave for Victoria, one for Emily. Emily needs to get at least a bit of comeuppance or it will all seem so pointless and obvious. If they truly want to explore the theme of revenge, they also need to look at the negative effects of the journey. Also, a happy ending would be really boring. This show has always had a darkness to it – that’s why it was popular. If they sacrifice this for the sake of pleasing a few Jemily shippers, I will be so disappointed!

• Chris says:

I also think it would be more fitting for both Victoria and Emily to die. Maybe Victoria’s inheritance will go to Charlotte and use that with Emily’s money to find a cure for David’s cancer then him, Jack and Nolan will be the ones riding off into the sunset. However, this is Revenge (a show that once opened an episode with Emily digging a grave for somebody…oh it was just for Sammy the dog). The 2nd grave could be Margaux’s hamster for all we know.

• anne says:

Why should Emily die, i really don’t understand you people? With this you’re saying Emily=Victoria and that is disturbing. Emily made some bad choices but her Revenge was rightful and Victoria is complete maniacal sociopath murderer abuser and sadist.

• Whatevah says:

Anne I agree. Why can’t Amanda have a happy ending? I don’t get it.

• KL says:

I agree too Anne. And it isn’t as if there hasn’t already been negative effects to the journey. And I think some more to come. But I do want Emily (and Jack, and Nolan) to get SOME bit of happiness. The promo just makes it look like they all get killed, and I’m not a fan of that at all.
          Also gotta say “some jemily fans” is a bit insulting. I think a range of fans would want Emily to live and not spend her life in jail for example, and actually.. I think there’s an awful lot of people watching this show out there that would like to see Jack and Emily as endgame, so I don’t think it would be a disappointment to just a handful of people if they had an awful ending.

• Sarah says:

And I find it presumptuous to think there are an awful lot of people that would like to see Jack and Emily as endgame. Many watch the show to see how the story ends, but if you’d add all those who preferred Emily with another romance, they will outnumber Jemily shippers by far and not be happy with this endgame.Just saying!

• Ang says:

I agree with Anne, too. At this point Emily/Amanda needs a happy ending and Jack was her first love. Jack deserves a little happiness! I LIKE happy endings! If I wanted reality I’d watch “reality” TV! And Nolan deserves a little happiness too while we are at it!

• Genevieve says:

I feel if one dies the other must die as well because they both done equal amount of wrong. I think a lot of people forget why Victoria went along with the plan on framing David, and I would have done the same to protect my children. Same with Emily, her reasons for revenge are understandable, but so many innocent people died due to her actions, and Victoria’s actions. in the end they pretty much created each other, if there was no Victoria there wouldn’t be a revenge and vice versa. The reason they both deserve death at the end is because the story needs to end, and if only Victoria dies the revenging will commence. The people that I hope to have a happy ending is jack, Nolan, and even Louise. An alternate ending I would be content with is Emily losing everything and everyone she ever loved. Revenge doesn’t have room for happy endings, when u do wrong in real life, whether your in the right, there’s still consequences to suffer.

• Bobbi says:

Seriously!!! Doesn’t anybody remember poor Aidan and the cruel way Vicky killed him! At least Emily killed people whom deserved it!

• Ang says:

Victoria put a CHILD in a mental institution and tried to brainwash her!! Victoria should suffer…death is too good for her! Amanda deserves to have a happy ending!

• Alichat says:

I see your point about Victoria protecting her family, but let’s not forget that she could have taken Daniel (who was a child at the time) and run off with him to protect him and the unborn Charlotte. She didn’t have to stay with Conrad. But she likes money and status. She didn’t have to go along with the plan to frame David. But she liked her home and her lifestyle. She didn’t have to pay off the psychiatrist to have Amanda held in an institution and brainwashed to believe her father was guilty. That was just cruel. She didn’t have to pay off Mason Treadwell to prevent him from writing the truth and possibly freeing David. She had years to clear David’s name….and we’ve seen how devious she can be, so she could have pulled it off without Conrad knowing. She could have leaked information, recorded Conrad talking about it, or sent all that data she had in the infamous briefcase from season 1 to the FBI WITHOUT bragging to Conrad that she was doing it before getting on the plane that he had then scheduled to have blown up. Victoria started this. She created Emily. It wasn’t enough to ruin Amanda’s father…..she had to destroy his legacy and life. Why? In my eyes, she is the greater evil…..and oh yeah, she flat out killed Aiden in cold blood. So she’s a murderer.

• Tran says:

I agree. Revenge is a fierce story. No happy ending. They said it is a shocking finale. I am prepared to see my beloved Jack/Emily die

• kc says:

I totally agree, Emily should not die!

• Jamie says:

I agree. I don’t feel that Emily/Amanda should die at all. She was tormented from a child and never had a happy life due to what happened with her father. If anyone deserves a happy ending, it’s her.

• Maryann says:

If Revenge had not jumped the shark and gone totally off the rails after Season 3 I would agree with you. With David’s return, and Emily’s revenge against Victoria not sticking, along with Conrad’s death so long before the series end, all tha was said and set up at the beginning in regard to the Count of Monte Cristo was negated. Now I just want to see Jack and Emily and Nolan happy, and Emily and Charlotte reconciled. That’s really all that is left for the series.

• wingsstef says:

Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised (and actually okay with it) if both Amanda and Victoria die because of the Two graves quote like you said, but they should let Jack live in my opinion. Amanda and Jack had a bit of their moment on Sunday, if they can just a bit more of a moment before all heck falls loose I will be happy, but if not, that scene last night was almost enough at this point. Let Jack go back to California with his mother and son.

• Debbie says:

Emily has had her comeuppance she lost Aiden, the real Emily, the chance to have a baby .. She does deserve a happy ending

4. A says:

it isnt louise but white gold who stabs nolan

5. Elisabeth says:

I think the two graves are for Jack & Emily so they can live happily ever after in the afterlife.

• Maryann says:

Oh good grief. That is not what that very old saying is about,

• Josh says:

You COULD be on to something it would suck and I’d hate for Little Carl to go up parentless but I could see Jack dying then Amanda loses it in her grief and kill Victoria then take her own life cause the very last person she wanted Affected by her Revenge is Jack. I hope it doesn’t happen though I want Jack Emily Nolan Carl and Charlotte to have Their HEA. I can see Amanda faking her death and run away with Jack and Carl

6. Tamara says:

Emily’s tears worry me too. I’m worried that’s the final scene smd the whole cast is going to end up dead. No happy endings for anyone. I feel like there will be a lot more than two graves in the finale. Won’t it be fitting that the first and only person Amanda kills is Victoria?

What I really hoped for was Emily, Jack and Nolan kicking ass and taking names for the finale. A red sharpie with Victoria, Margaux, Louise and Mason’s faces crossed out. I was hoping Emily would strategically take them down one at a time. The body count is sure to be high though.

7. Tamara says:

Also, is that Nolan sitting next to Jack’s hospital bed in the scene before Emily kisses his head?

8. pamill says:

I may have missed a beat but has it been revealed who was pulling the red sharpie on Emily on a beach at the end of an episode a few weeks ago ? I remember the showrunner teasing it as a ‘major return…so anyone ?

• Andy Swift says:

It was Mason Treadwell. I suppose he qualifies as “major”?

• Chris says:

Pretty sure it was Mason. They teased it would blow our minds but it was more like “Oh, it’s Mason” it wasn’t anything like “Holy crap it’s Aiden or Amanda (Emily) back from the dead!” That would have been more jaw drop worthy.

• pamill says:

Ok, that’s why I missed it. Mason’s return was nothing to write home about, considering they hyped it as ‘a major return’ yeah, like you, I was expecting someone back from the dead (Conrad or Amanda).

• elle case says:

What if Daniels not dead? Just saying. These writers always seemed to care about the fans, (Unlike another ABC show, which shall remain nameless, that seems to think fans are simply objects things you wave back and forth at your brow to quell perspiration.) They’ve always had the gift of combining their amazing writing and keeping their characters integrity while maintaining believable (as far as the TV land goes) story lines, all while keeping the fans pleased. They just appear to integrate their opinion into the story making somewhat. If only a little, Ive always felt this. They simply care about the fans. I truly hope this continues for one more week. Jack and Amanda need a happy ending. Although having Emily and/or Jack die would be poignant and make a huge headline the next day, the fans would be devastated. There are a lot of other ways to write a good story and get a salacious headline without cheating the people the sat and watched every week and invested their time, energy and emotion in the show and came to care about these characters.

• Melissa says:

I completly agree. Revenge has always been good about that. Unlike the nameless ABC show of which you speak :). I have faith it will not disappoint!

9. caro says:

Poor Amanda ;( I think that David or Jack will die on the last episode, and Victoria will have something to do with it, so Amanda gets angry and decide to finish this war once and for all.
    I don’t want her to lose anybody else,
    she have had so much pain in her life, but If she dies it would be a way to stop her suffering

10. lana says:

they better not kill nolan jack or emily or I will be very pissed

11. Erika says:

I can’t watch this promo because its too hard for me.I feel Revenge series finale wil be a disaster like Dexter and Lost series finales.Almost worst finale ever!

12. Jenn says:

Theory here… what if Charlotte kills Emily/Amanda for taking everything away from her? The her being happy at rehab is just a red herring? Everyone underestimating and forgetting about her! The way she just brushed Louise off… She’s probably been in on everything… This is Revenge!

• I think this is very much worth exploring. I don’t know if Charlotte knows her mother is alive but Charlotte has been angry with Emily/Amanda for a very long time for many reasons, without Emily, Charlotte would still have the family she knew, been spared much grief and if she were to believe Amanda killed her mother Charlotte may change her tune and decide to take on the role of the avenger with her first fatal target being Amanda. As Charlotte was leaving for ReHab she opened a letter, was it from her sister or her mother?
      Spoilers from Sunil Nayar indicate White Gold, Courtney Love, will have several moments in the final episode but I can’t see writers allowing her to have such a huge role as the demise of a main player of Amanda but can see her aiding Margaux in the character of Jack.
      Although my heart would like to see Jack and Amanda together, I am preparing myself for the bittersweet moments they appear to have briefly in the previews of finale.
      As for who stabs Nolan, my money is on Louise, Margaux has her brainwashed, she does not think for herself and she is still angry with Nolan besides for his comments made behind her back at the Yatch Club.
      As for the finale title Dig Two Graves, it refers to the opening quote of the Pilot by Confucius Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves;Amanda believed she would live as Emily exacting her Revenge and then leaving the Hamptons, here in the last episodes we are seeing the consequences of Amanda’s choices, life is messy but destroying life, even if Emily never killed anyone, destroying families is ugly even in the name of Revenge and there are no actions without repercussions.
      It is said the Finale episode was filmed before the show was officially cancelled and there could have been a Season 5 in a new direction, it could have been Nolan taking Revenge but unlikely- he saw the pain it brought Amanda and those close to her and unlikely also for Jack to take Revenge, although he understood why Amanda pursued the path she did.

13. Iakovos says:

Please. I do not want to even think Emily and Victoria will agree, after taking down our beloved heroic characters, to some sort of joint suicide pact — two graves! — as the way to end this game of REVENGE. Gutsy but not satisfying.

• Susan says:

I hate that ABC is ending Revenge. slamming an ending into a 1hr. spot and if Nolan goes out well….I expect many fans will give ABC a little revenge of their own.I am hoping for a spinoff of some kind.

• Dwayne says:

Yea I wish we got a 2 hour finale but everything was filmed beforehand so it wasn’t like they could change things after they officially announced the show would be ending

14. Dude says:

Guys, remember how Mike Kelley envisioned the final scene of Revenge: The entire cast dead on the beach with Emily and Victoria clawing at each other over the dead bodies. This will not be a happily ever after ending.

15. I was so excited when Ben died — I’ve been waiting for that moment since his introduction. Couldn’t believe that Nolan interrupted the Emily/Jack moment though. If nothing else, I just want Jack to survive the finale. Come on, TV gods!

• RandallB says:

So funny. I totally agree re Ben. Thanks for putting this comnent out there. I soooooo laughed.

16. Fabian says:

I don’t know what I want for the finale. I love Victoria and sympathize with her. I get Emily’s beef with her, but so many unnecessary deaths have happened because of her endless quest for revenge. Shouldn’t she be held accountable for that? I know I want Louise to be happy, maybe with Nolan. Margeaux can die. I hope Charlotte interacts with more characters in the next episode. Anyway, I can’t believe it’s ending! I’m going to miss it! I’ll miss Victoria and Emily’s delicious barbs and fashion the most!

17. Luis says:

Well, the title of the finale is “Dig Two Graves,” right?

18. pjanep says:

Don’t forget “dig two graves’ is not always literal…one part of someone dies to let the other part live and flourish so yes one of the graves could be for the ‘Emily’ part of Amanda’s personality but Amanda is just learning how to live her new life…I really hope that Jack, Amanda and Nolan get their happy ending but I think Charlotte deserves one too – though she has never been a character I cared for. It boggles the mind how easily manipulated Louise and even Margaux have been for seeminly intelligent women and that ANYONE can even begin to forgive someone as horrible, manipulative, dishonest and sociopathic as Victoria is beyond me. The plain fact is she could have stopped and told the truth a long time ago before it got out of hand but her pride and drive to control everyone around her would never let her. Amanda has love and good on her side while Victoria never had any of those things – she had selfishness, controlling behaviour, greed, no empathy or apathy or even sympathy for anyone but herself but most of all she had delusions of her own worth coupled with sociopathic tendancies. Never a good combo.
    Amanda and Jack and Nolan deserve a HEA and I really hope the writers give it to them.

19. Deion says:

My only problem with equating Emily with Victoria is that, yes, people have died because of Emily’s machinations, but she’s never killed anyone purposely. I think Emily and Nolan are the only two characters who haven’t personally, with their own hands, killed someone. Victoria has personally taken two lives. So yes, Emily has been on a quest for revenge, but not against anyone who didn’t prove time and again that they richly deserved it. If the show is going to end and she’s going to lose her father again, she and Jack should get to live and try together. Or at least she get away.

20. carolyn says:

Let it go. Enough revenge an hate. Give it a good ending. Make it worth all the trouble

21. Murph says:

If they kill Jack after just getting them together, this show will be the worse ever! We have all been waiting for this and to end it this way would be telling the fans they don’t care about us!

• Sarah says:

Please accept that not everyone wants Jack/Emily together at all. Fans who liked Daniel/Aiden would not like it for example, and those who can’t stand Jack would rejoice if he finally exited.

22. Jamie says:

Jack Can’t die. I’ll be so mad if Jack and Emily/Amanda don’t end up together. There should be some kind of Happy Ending. I hope it’s not a Romeo and Juliet deal.

23. sherry says:

I want to see Jack and Amanda together and happy. Nolan to, or this is just going to be another disappointing series finale. As for Charlotte, they could have made her into a strong character, but they just kept destroying her and then did not know what to do with her. To bad they couldn’t find a way to bring back Daniel.

24. Isabelle says:

I think that Jack gets hurt in the end between Victoria and Emily’s war and he dies. Jack was the last person that Emily ever wanted to get hurt and once she sees that she was the reason for his death, I bet she kills herself or allows herself to be killed.

25. Ang says:

I don’t remember this White Gold character…what did she do that was significant? Who is she?

• Alichat says:

She’s an assassin…..first appeared a few eps back when Margaux found out her PI/Fixer had hired her to kill Emily. Margaux tracked her down at a car dealership and called off the hit.

26. BJ says:

When will Louise realize the Nolan was not in the condo? She let him in……so he did not plant the hoodie as we all know

27. Patrice Serrette says:

I am amazed at you people. Amanda spent 4 years doing everything except falling in love with jack but yet suddenly in the last three shows, she’s in love? Really? And you want them to end up together? Are you people crazy? He never had the balls to handle her. Good grief! What a sap !! I hate that crap. I think that was just a people pleaser move. Certainly doesn’t have any prior basis.

• Yesterday says:

If you don’t see it, then you don’t see it. But I personally do. She loved Jack the entire time. But hay, we dont have to like the same things.

28. Amanda , Jack and David deserve a happy ending. Victoria and her side kick deserve to suffer.

29. Victoria deserves to be killed by Charlotte

30. kelle says:

I predict the last two standing: Amanda and Nolan……

31. Hooky Hotline says:

I am predicting that Emily/Amanda is really Victoria’s daughter and that fact will be revealed by David on his deathbed. That will be the finale.

32. Hooky Hotline says:

Further to my above comment, the two graves are for Jack and David. Victoria and Emily/Amanda will tragically be left alone together understanding they are mother and daughter and are left only with each other as they bury the men they loved.

I am predicting this is how it will all end, but my goodness, I could certainly be wrong. In the world of Revenge, much is not revealed until it is time for us to know. There could be many events that previously occurred only to be revealed in the finale.

33. Phillip says:

Emily has blonde hair again! Hahaha!

34. charlotte says:

Why is revenge getting shut down…. Ratings? I swear every time I get involved in a show it gets canceled! Now there won’t be a heck of alot to watch anymore. So sad over losing another one of my faves :(

35. Ivy Veronica says:

JACK BETTER NOT DIE!!!

36. Ms. Cortez says:

We waited this whole time for Jack and Amanda (Emz) to be together for the finale to end like this (Jack possibly dying). They should of kept Louise in the looney bin. And Victoria deserves everything coming to here.

37. Walter says:

Victoria had many years of happiness, Emily had none.
    Victoria coldly killed Aiden, Emily never killed anyone.
    I can’t believe some people think they’re equal.

38. Yesterday says:

Could it not be Ben thar A/E visits in the hopital?

39. Vicki says:

I thought the glimpse of Jack in the hospital was a flashback to when he was attacked on his honeymoon.

40. Teresa says:

I will miss the show. I have watched it from day one. It would be nice to see Amanda n Jack get together n leave.

41. Judy says:

One of the graves is for Nolan…

42. Joan says:

Just my thoughts…I’m hoping David shows up and he’s the one that kills Victoria before Emily does. He then kills himself, he’s dying anyhow, and this is his final act of love for her. Charlotte will show up for his memorial and to make peace with her sister.The revenge started with their affair and Conrad’s revenge on Victoria and David, it seems like the perfect ending to me.

43. adrienne moore says:

I think the final shot was stopped by Jack who winds up in the hospital.
    He will probably die in the end.
    Both Emily and Victoria lives are saved, but they will live in their own hell.
    Full feature reunion in 2 years. Jack could come
    back for the reunion, having not really died .

44. Linda says:

I think Conrad is alive. David will die early from his cancer. Victoria shoots Jack. I don’t know who the blonde woman is who kills Ben – that was just stupid at this point. Conrad will kill Victoria & Emily. Jack recovers and leaves with Carl…I never saw any chemistry between Jack and Emily, so I don’t care about them as a couple (Aidan was the one for her). Nolan’s last boyfriend changes his mind and comes back for him. Charlotte and Conrad stand alone at the end.

45. Jan says:

Pleseee don’t end this series I look forward to watch it every week. I even DVR it in case I miss it. 😢😢😢😢😢👏👏👏👏👏

46. Don’t know how it’s going to end, but I will surely miss Victoria Grayson. No denying she has been one of the most fascinating, cold, heartless, manipulative, vengeful and bad asses on TV.

47. briggie2607 says:

Jamanda forever!!! ✌️

48. kim says:

Does Amanda lead Nolen into another case to keep him busy and feeling worthy .. didn’t understand his last comment about Amanda.

49. Lisa says:

I was fine until she brought the puppy in. Couldn’t hold the tears.