Bruce Jenner to Discuss Transition With Kardashian Family in 2-Part E! Special

Bruce Jenner Reality Show

After sitting out of Diane Sawyer’s highly rated 20/20 interview with Bruce Jenner, the Kardashian side of the former Olympian’s family is finally ready to talk about his transition on camera.

E! has announced a two-part special titled Keeping Up With the Kardashians: About Bruce, which will feature “intimate conversations and intensely emotional moments that Bruce Jenner has with his Kardashian family as they discuss his transition.”

According to the network, everyone from that side of the family — Kris, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, as well as Kim, Kourtney and Khloé Kardashian, and even Scott Disick — will “speak candidly with Bruce, ask many questions and begin to understand the tough journey he’s been on his entire life.”

“Through sharing their own family’s story, the Kardashians are hoping to help other families experiencing the same thing,” the network explains. “The special also includes family home video footage that reminds viewers and the family of the special times they spent with Bruce as a father, husband and friend, and serves as inspiration for the memories they’ll create as Bruce lives his ‘new normal.'”

The special’s first hour will air Sunday, May 17 at 9/8c, and the second will air Monday, May 18 at 9 pm.

But will E!’s special about Jenner’s transition be as tasteful as ABC’s? And will you tune in? Drop a comment with your thoughts on E!’s follow-up special below.

1. Julia says:

This feels so unnecessary after the Diane Sawyer interview… I will not be watching.

• Meh says:

Seriously. Why is there a need for a whole new special, equal in length to his original Sawyer interview focusing on the Kardashians? Oh wait, it has to be all about them or I’m sure they aren’t interested. I thought the strangest part of his original interview was how his 4 older children were so involved and the other side, including Kylie and Kendall could barely submit a comment. God forbid they not be a focal point of an interview.

2. dman6015 says:

I thought he said during the Sawyer interview that this would be the last interview as Bruce Jenner? I guess technically it’s not an interview with his family, but I was kind of hoping we wouldn’t see him again for another year.

3. Ray says:

Now he/she’s just milking It.

4. Melanie says:

The Kardashian side of the family got a lot of backlash for not being on 20/20, this is probably their idea of a solution. I’ll probably end up watching, but it doesn’t seem necessary.

• Meh says:

I think you’re right. Sadly, it just comes off as strange and typically narcissistic that they need a special equal in length to his original Sawyer interview to focus on themselves. What’s the over/under on Bruce actually being in it for more than 5 minutes?

• but only a guess says:

I’d guess you got it backwards… They weren’t on 20/20 because they’d already shot this for their show. So don’t do ABC… wait for this, that way you milk/drag out the promotion for his upcoming series.

5. BrittBrat says:

Why am I not surprised?

6. Cassie says:

If it has Bruce calling out Kris for being a fame whore and an unsupportive wife and friend, I’m all for it. :)

7. Enough already if that’s the way he wants to be fine.
    You don’t have to keep pushing it in our faces

8. Joe says:

He is a media whore just like his family

• hud says:

Give him a lobotomy. All this PC nonsense, where will it end. I’m a failure how can I draw attention to myself? I’m a victim, I’m a survivor, enough.

9. John says:

Way to milk it. Such a fraud. Anything for ratings and more attention to keep the clan in the news.

10. Meh says:

His Jenner family seem so much more down to earth and genuinely supportive without ulterior motive. I can’t believe it, but I am including Brody in that statement. Everything the Kardashians do has to be filmed, completely fake or both. Why couldn’t they have been involved in his Diane Sawyer interview like the others? Oh wait, it didn’t revolve around them. They need a whole other special to be about them…gross.

11. murley says:

It is easy to be skeptical of anything involving the Kardashians but honestly if showing more of Bruce’s story and struggles helps others going through the experience then I am more than willing to put aside my skepticism. This is something they are all actually experiencing and who am I to say their experience isn’t genuine or valid.

• Meh says:

It will barely be about him though. It will somehow revolve solely around the Kardashians…it’s so creepy.

• murley says:

Maybe. I hope not but maybe. I guess we will see. Here’s hoping it is tastefully done. Again I am setting aside my instinct to be skeptical :).

12. Sadie says:

I think it’s relevant if only to show people how you can have many different initial reactions to something like this but the bottom line is: You love someone, you accept them for who they are. Just because acceptance should come right away doesn’t mean it always does. I think it will be healthy for people to see maybe how the reactions of some of the family members may change

13. Annie says:

Wow. Of all the many valid reasons to criticize this family, this special ain’t one of ’em. I’m glad they’re doing this. Clearly, we still have a long way to go before transgenderism is understood and not forced into hiding.

• jason says:

ANNIE: Don’t you think some subjects need not be grist for the mill? Would you go on national TV and discuss private matters that only involve you? Many pressing problems face this country and transgenderism is not something everyone need be aware of. Anything for a buck. This entire family needs mental health therapy.

14. Greg says:

I guess this is why none of them were on the Diane Sawyer interview. Kinda disgusting.

15. Lizzie says:

Let’s go ahead and use proper pronouns, please? She, not he

16. And you thought they wouldn’t use his/her situation to get more attention for themselves. Ha-ha!

17. I don’t get that station other wise I would DVR it and save it to watch any night I can’t get to sleep.

18. Amy says:

Of course there will be a reality show just for the Kardashians. They’re too good to make an appearance on the Diane Sawyer special because it wasn’t all about them. Or even to comment on Bruce’s transition. Remember thatnits about them, no one else. They need to go away already