The cable net has ordered a pilot presentation for Difficult People, a scripted comedy featuring the Billy on the Street host/Parks and Recreation guest star, per The Hollywood Reporter.
The project — penned by Eichner’s longtime pal/Billy on the Street head writer Julie Klausner and executive-produced by Amy Poehler — will star Eichner and Klausner as frustrated comedians and pop culture-loving best friends living in New York City who hate everyone — except each other.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Orange Is the New Black has promoted Nick Sandow (who plays Joe Caputo) and Selenis Leyva (aka Gloria Mendoza) to series regulars for the recently ordered Season 3, our sister site Deadline reports.
* The Veronica Mars spin-off web series Play It Again, Dick — in which Ryan Hansen begs, cajoles and pleads with his former castmates to help him get his character, Dick Casablancas, his own show — will debut this summer on CW Seed. Also on tap for the CW’s digital arm: Whose Line Is It mini webisodes; digital talk show The Kelly Cutrone Project; and the reality series The Real Backpackers, which will coincide with the Backpackers premiere on-air.
* ABC is sticking with Jimmy Kimmel, extending the late night talk show host’s contract through January 2017, The Wrap reports.
* Dreama Walker (Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23) has joined Amazon’s dramedy pilot Cocked, starring Sam Trammell (True Blood), per Deadline.
* WE tv’s first original scripted drama The Divide will debut with a special two-hour premiere on July 16 at 9/8c before moving to its regular 10 pm time slot the following Wednesday. The series, from co-creators Richard LaGravenese (Behind the Candelabra) and Tony Goldwyn (Scandal), explores the personal cost of morality, ambition, ethics, politics, and race in today’s justice system.Follow @VladaGelman