Ailing NBC sportscaster Bob Costas predicts he’ll soon be back covering the Winter Olympics despite an eye infection that has forced him to hand over the anchor reins to Matt Lauer.
“I’m hoping that I’m back by the weekend, and I certainly think I’ll be able to do the second half of the games,” Costas said during a call to On Air With Ryan Seacrest. “As soon as the symptoms get to the point where I can be in the studio, I’ll be there.”
Lauer will again step in for Costas during Thursday night’s coverage, NBC Sports announced on Twitter.
Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
• Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Grey’s Anatomy, Supernatural) will guest-star on the Shameless Season 4 finale, airing April 6 on Showtime, per EW.com. The actor will play Charlie, Fiona’s new boss at a diner.
• Leslie Knope is going to freak out! Late Night With Seth Meyers‘ previously announced first guest Amy Poehler will be joined by Vice President Joe Biden on the show’s premiere, airing Feb. 24. Others appearing during Late Night‘s first week on the air include Kanye West (on Feb. 25), Lena Dunham (on Feb. 27) and Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart (on Feb. 28).
• Haven star Emily Rose will recur on USA Network’s Graceland as the FBI’s Assistant Deputy Director Jessica Foster, reports Deadline. She will serve as Mike’s (Aaron Tveit) superior… and potential love interest.
• DVR alert: How I Met Your Mother stars Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, Alyson Hannigan and Neil Patrick Harris will present the Late Show With David Letterman Top Ten on Monday, Feb. 17.
RELATED | Greta Gerwig Cast in How I Met Your Dad
• Adult Swim has renewed Community creator Dan Harmon’s animated comedy Rick and Morty for Season 2.
• Adam Devine (Workaholics) will guest on American Dad‘s TBS run this fall, voicing an announcer at a Langley Falls Karate Tournament in which Steve and Snot square off against each other, reports EW.com.
• HBO is developing an adaptation of the British series Utopia, which will be directed by David Fincher and written by Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn. Per Deadline, the project “revolves around the die-hard fans of an iconic, underground graphic novel who are suddenly launched into their pop-culture thriller when they learn that the author has secretly written a sequel. Unfortunately, the new manuscript is much more than just a book and those on the hunt for it suddenly find themselves in a game of shifting loyalties, conspiracy and shocking twists as the true meaning of the book is slowly revealed.”Follow @VladaGelman