We floated a number of totally realistic ideas to explain Andy’s adonis-like transformation, but it seems showrunner Mike Schur has his own (admittedly much better) plan in mind.
“There is a joke that I wrote in the premiere that I think we’ll probably shoot that is a little tiny acknowledgement or nod to the fact that he looks very different to the way he normally looks,” the executive producer tells TVGuide.com. “I don’t think beyond a little joke about it that we’ll end up doing anything significant. We’re not going to suddenly say that Andy became a fitness nut because that doesn’t ring true.”
Parks and Rec premieres Sept. 26.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• HBO has unveiled a lengthy look at Boardwalk Empire‘s fourth season (bowing Sept. 8). Press PLAY below for a peek at Nucky and Co.
• When Parenthood returns with its fifth season on Sept. 26, Monica Potter’s Kristina will be rocking a new, post-cancer ‘do. Head over to ET.com for a glimpse at the actress’ stylish blonde bob.
• Greg Grunberg (Heroes, The Client List) and Diane Farr (Numb3rs) have been tapped to co-star in USA Network’s comedy pilot Divide & Conquer. From Peter Ocko (Fairly Legal), the project is about all of the things parents (as portrayed by the aforementioned duo) do to mess up their kids.
• A&E’s new reality series Modern Dads is slated to premiere Aug. 21 at 10:30/9:30c.
• VHI has renewed its basketball dancer-centric soap Hit the Floor for a second season.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?