Well-placed sources tell me exclusively that it took some eye of newt, wool of bat, an adder’s fork and 10 boiled eggs to make it happen, but the Once Upon a Time Season 2 premiere magically (and finally) appeared on my laptop today.
Of course, the best of you — the stalwart and patient ones — will no doubt bide your time for the next four days until the episodes materializes on your flat-screens, and instead of reading this go post a comment about the Oh Sit! renewal. But for the rest of you, I offer 13 quick and not-at-all spoilery observations.
* The premiere starts off in perhaps one of the last locations you would expect, and you’d be hard-pressed to guess which person is in those scenes.
* There’s this.
Popular on TVLine
* “Grandpa?” Yeah, you are so gonna kvell.
* Belle cleans up really, really, really, really well.
* Who are you, Whale? That is an excellent question. In fact… it’s a question asked by one of the main characters.
* Speaking of Dr. Whale: Apparently David never got looped in on the brief little somethin’-somethin’ that Mary Margaret had going with the frisky physician. (We were on a break!) That sets the table for a rather hilarious passing moment.
* Reer! Princess Aurora is more than a little jealous of Mulan’s “loyalty” to Prince Phillip. Also: Aurora and Phillip really like to kiss. Get thee a room!
* You know how the producers always share their zeal for offering a new spin on familiar fairytale characters? In the spirit of that, be patient with the Aurora/Phillip/Mulan storyline….
* There’s a recurring… thing… throughout the episode, that I most likely can’t talk about. But I’ll say this: The special FX involved are extremely cool.
* Why wouldn’t Emma be thrilled to finally find her parents? Stay tuned, because she will tell you exactly why — and I’ll be damned if she doesn’t makes a compelling argument.
* David at one point says, “I know it’s old-fashioned… but so am I.” Ha!
* ABC literally has warned reporters that if we reveal the ending, “Regina will find you and curse you.” So, as much as I fancy an in-person visit from Lana Parrilla — and even though the first OMG! moment takes place a few scenes before what is technically the ending (which itself an OMG! moment) — I must heed their wishes. But wow.
Oh, reminder: Once Upon a Time premieres Season 2 this Sunday at 8/7c.