Based on the novel by Laura Dave, the drama follows Hannah (played by Garner), “a woman who forms an unexpected relationship with her 16-year-old stepdaughter Bailey (Angourie Rice) while searching for the truth about why her husband (Coster-Waldau) has mysteriously disappeared,” per the official synopsis.
Dave and her husband Josh Singer (Fringe) co-created the adaptation and serve as executive producers alongside Garner and Hello Sunshine’s Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Academy Award winner Ariana DeBose will host the 75th Annual Tony Awards, airing live from New York City’s Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, June 12 at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT on CBS.
* HBO Max is developing a Peacemaker and Suicide Squad spinoff series centered around Amanda Waller, with Viola Davis in talks to star and exec-produce, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Crown Media Family Networks has signed Luke Macfarlane (Brothers & Sisters, Killjoys) to a multi-picture overall deal. His recent Hallmark movie credits include A Valentine’s Match, Chateau Christmas and Taking a Shot at Love, as well as Christmas in My Heart for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
* Netflix has released a trailer for Love on the Spectrum U.S., premiering on Wednesday, May 18. Watch it here.
* Showtime has released a trailer for The Chi Season 5, premiering Sunday, June 26 at 9/8c:
* FX has released a trailer for Pistol, a limited series about Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones from director Danny Boyle, premiering with all six episodes Tuesday, May 31 exclusively on Hulu:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?