truTV is keeping the laughs coming, renewing Impractical Jokers for Season 10, ahead of the show’s Season 9 premiere tonight, Feb. 4 at 10/9c.
The news comes as the stars — Joe Gatto, James “Murr” Murray, Brian “Q” Quinn and Sal Vulcano, collectively known as the comedy troupe The Tenderloins — have signed a first-look deal with WarnerMedia to develop and produce original unscripted and scripted programming for TNT, TBS, truTV and HBO Max.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* HBO Max’s forthcoming Peacemaker series has tapped Nhut Le (Kroll Show) to recur as the DC Comics character Judomaster, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Genre TV vet Sebastian Roché (The Originals, Supernatural, Fringe) will recur on NBC’s upcoming sci-fi drama Debris as an enigmatic MI-6 agent, per Deadline.
* Netflix has ordered the six-episode drama Breathe, co-written by Blindspot EPs Martin Gero and Brendan Gall, our sister site Variety reports. The series is about a lone woman who must battle the elements and odds to survive after her small plane crashes in the middle of the Canadian wilderness.
* The premiere episodes of The Equalizer and Clarice will be available for sampling on Pluto TV for a two-week period following their broadcast debuts on Feb. 7 and Feb. 11, respectively. Additionally, Amazon Prime will put both shows in front of their paywall during the two-week windows, and YouTube will offer the first episodes for free on the CBS YouTube channel.
* Newcomer Candace Grace will headline Sam Esmail’s ABC drama pilot Acts of Crime, playing a Black police detective working homicide in suburban New Jersey. Also joining the cast are Molly Price (Third Watch), Peter Mark Kendall (Chicago Med, The Americans) and newcomer Josiah Cross.
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?